If this is true, we are in trouble...

Yeah suuuuurrrre

The issue wasn't how many work days I missed, it was that I had run up $60,000 in insurance payments.... Also, at the time, I was hourly... I lost money if i took sick days because I usually ended up working 40 hours a week.

You were obviously fired for cause you just can't admit it and FYI your employer is not responsible for your medical payments and I doubt if your alleged illness raised the the employer's portion of your insurance premium by 60K

America stands for greed. ItsItcalled capitalism and it's about going out and taking care of yourself. Personal responsibility. America is about greed. Get over it. Morals cannot compete.

Walking off a job is empowering and gratifying. I remember the day I was supposed to catch a flight to the east coast during the holidays. I had already secured a better job behind my boss back. I never got on that flight. The company no longer deserved my services. I had only been there for 3 months and had just completed some useless training. BuhBuhBbye. Great day that was.
That’s good.

My father pulled a good one. He was an attorney but working for a large insurance company, when he retired.

The management of the company had changed and mostly new and younger managers took over. My dad butted heads often with them, so they were doing their best to make him miserable. One day he goes in his office and packs up his few personal items and leaves. He tells no one. LOL. It took them a couple weeks before they finally called him.
/---/ Great story but he took a chance on being disbarred. Attornies operate on a tight leash.
He was not a practicing attorney and apparently you missed the part where I stated he retired.

Walking off a job is empowering and gratifying. I remember the day I was supposed to catch a flight to the east coast during the holidays. I had already secured a better job behind my boss back. I never got on that flight. The company no longer deserved my services. I had only been there for 3 months and had just completed some useless training. BuhBuhBbye. Great day that was.
That’s good.

My father pulled a good one. He was an attorney but working for a large insurance company, when he retired.

The management of the company had changed and mostly new and younger managers took over. My dad butted heads often with them, so they were doing their best to make him miserable. One day he goes in his office and packs up his few personal items and leaves. He tells no one. LOL. It took them a couple weeks before they finally called him.

If it took his boss 2 weeks to realize he was gone then I guess he wasn't a very valuable employee
BANNED

That’s good.

/---/ Great story but he took a chance on being disbarred. Attornies operate on a tight leash.
He was not a practicing attorney and apparently you missed the part where I stated he retired.
and no one noticed he was gone for 2 weeks

if you want your story to mean something other than he was so unnecessary that no one noticed he left you should leave that part out the next time you tell the story

Taking care of one's self isnt selfish. The point went over your head. Gathering as much wealth as possible is what capitalism is all about. So a certain amount of greed is part of it. Its not a bad thing.

That’s good.

If it took his boss 2 weeks to realize he was gone then I guess he wasn't a very valuable employee
BANNED
truth hurts

no, but your missing the power that goes with the wealth

now go google congressional millionaires, and tell me how that's a good thing

~S~

The truth is worker loyalty to the employer is no longer part of the equation. Those days are over.

Good article that fits this topic.

WHEN SEARS FLOURISHED, SO DID WORKERS. AT AMAZON, IT’S MORE COMPLICATED.
Half a century ago, a typical Sears salesman could walk out of the store at retirement with a nest egg worth well over a million in today’s dollars, feathered with company stock. A warehouse worker hired now at Amazon who stays until retirement would leave with a fraction of that.

Much as Sears has declined in the intervening decades, so has the willingness of corporate America to share the rewards of success. Shareholders now come first and employees have been pushed to the back of the line.

This shift is broader than a single company’s culture, reflecting deep changes in how business is now conducted in America. Winner-take-some has evolved into winner-take-most or -all, and in many cases publicly traded companies are concentrating wealth, not spreading it. Profit-sharing and pensions are a rarity among the rank-and-file, while top executives take home an increasing share of the spoils.

When Sears Flourished, So Did Workers. At Amazon, It’s More Complicated. | CentralNewsNow

bricks V clicks...?

MW-GK152_Sears__20180531170315_ZH.jpg

Half a century ago, a typical Sears salesman could walk out of the store at retirement with a nest egg worth well over a million in today’s dollars, feathered with company stock. A warehouse worker hired now at Amazon who stays until retirement would leave with a fraction of that.

Much as Sears has declined in the intervening decades, so has the willingness of corporate America to share the rewards of success. Shareholders now come first and employees have been pushed to the back of the line.

This shift is broader than a single company’s culture, reflecting deep changes in how business is now conducted in America. Winner-take-some has evolved into winner-take-most or -all, and in many cases publicly traded companies are concentrating wealth, not spreading it. Profit-sharing and pensions are a rarity among the rank-and-file, while top executives take home an increasing share of the spoils.

When Sears Flourished, So Did Workers. At Amazon, It’s More Complicated. | CentralNewsNow
/----/ Sears was the Amazon of its day. They pushed out the local Mom & Pop variety store who could not compete with the Sears, selection, prices, and catalog. They were the evil, greedy demon of their day. Sears, like Woolworth, had the $$$ resources and power to stomp Amazon into the ground but they ignored it and when they realized what happened it was too late.

/----/ Sears was the Amazon of its day. They pushed out the local Mom & Pop variety store who could not compete with the Sears, selection, prices, and catalog. They were the evil, greedy demon of their day. Sears, like Woolworth, had the $$$ resources and power to stomp Amazon into the ground but they ignored it and when they realized what happened it was too late.
Not relevant to the debate, but accurate.

The point is employees of Sears years ago, made a very nice income and retired with a nice nest egg. Not possible today at Amazon even though it’s CEO is the richest man of all time.

The point is employees of Sears years ago, made a very nice income and retired with a nice nest egg. Not possible today at Amazon even though it’s CEO is the richest man of all time.
/----/ It's absolutely relevant. You're portraying Sears as some altruistic company. Amazon is just being the Sears of 2018.

Anyone can retire with sufficient savings if they want to.

It's actually very simple

SAVE YOUR MONEY

You're assuming I give a rats @ss about "Freedom" I really don't.

I care about results (Well being) of my society.

People shouldn't have the freedom to ruin the well being of society.

So who is ruining society and how? Freedom gives you the ability to work for somebody or not. It's not like Cuba where everybody basically works for the government.

That's why we're against drug dealers, we're against people who pee in alley-ways, we're against people who steal, people who touch themselves in movie theaters like Pee Wee, and also this really needs to be expanded to Illegal Immigrants, and Outsourced jobs, which also cause problems for "American society"

No, they cause problems for you but not for society. Society gets cheaper products which is what our society wants. If society didn't want that, they would quit purchasing those products. If society didn't like what a CEO made last year, they won't deal with his or her company.

You don't speak for society and neither do I. Society speaks for itself.

Besides, the American workers built these companies for years.

Now they're giving their own people the royal flush?

It's complete disrespect, and unpatriotic.

If they don't respect our country, they should suffer the consequences, plain, and simple.

Workers didn't build anything. Workers simply work. Companies and corporations do the building.

Nobody is getting the royal flush because nobody is forced to work for anybody. Employment is an agreement between employer and employee. Both agree to X before that union is formed.

To say that workers build nothing is ridiculous.

As if production can be achieved by CEO's alone.

I really believe some Corporate think tank pays you for propaganda.

You really got to wonder about someone who blames workers, or customers for CEO decisions to outsource.

It would be nice if we did have cheaper products but that never really happened.

Oh yeah? Well you manufacture a 50' string of X-mas lights for $15.00. Good luck.

We've never had cheaper products for two reasons: One, automation. Two, foreign labor.

It's the people with the money that build things. Workers simply work. I don't make money every day, my employer does. He purchased the equipment. He owns the building. He built the business. It was his money that was invested. He built his customer base. I didn't do any of those things. He simply gives me a portion of HIS profits that HE deems necessary.

To say workers built a business is as if to say your stock broker made you rich even though it was your money invested; it was your call on what securities to hold. Or to say your real estate agent made you wealthy even though it was you who purchased the homes, remodeled them, and resold them.

None of these people are responsible for your wealth, you are. You simply hired these people to carry out your financial plans, and you paid them fairly for their work.

What cheaper products?

I've never seen these cheaper products, and neither has my dad.

Uh, even with automation workers must maintain the machines, therefor the production no matter what is depended on more than just CEO's.

Perhaps those factories were simply poorly managed and failed to pay a decent wage. The prevailing attitude is labor is something to be looked down upon. ThatsThbackward thinking. Bad factories should struggle.

I've worked in manufacturing for years, and the one thing I found is that white folks, for all their pining away for Daddy's Good Union Job, have no real desire to work on a factory floor. So the few jobs in American factories that haven't been replaced by process improvement or automation, are usually done by immigrants and minorities.

But Trump can tell people like Ray they are being screwed by the Darkies, and they gobble it down like Stormy Daniels.

I've talked to a lot of White machinists / manufacturers, although many were Eastern European from my understanding.

I've seen a bunch of young "White guys" wearing "Pawling Engineered" shirts around these parts in Delis, and other places. (Which Pawling Engineered is a local manufacturing lot)

Just because your heavily minority area also has a lot of minorities in manufacturing, doesn't mean it's just that way.

Here in the country, we Whitey's take what jobs we can get.

Last edited:
You're assuming I give a rats @ss about "Freedom" I really don't.

I care about results (Well being) of my society.

People shouldn't have the freedom to ruin the well being of society.

So who is ruining society and how? Freedom gives you the ability to work for somebody or not. It's not like Cuba where everybody basically works for the government.

That's why we're against drug dealers, we're against people who pee in alley-ways, we're against people who steal, people who touch themselves in movie theaters like Pee Wee, and also this really needs to be expanded to Illegal Immigrants, and Outsourced jobs, which also cause problems for "American society"

No, they cause problems for you but not for society. Society gets cheaper products which is what our society wants. If society didn't want that, they would quit purchasing those products. If society didn't like what a CEO made last year, they won't deal with his or her company.

You don't speak for society and neither do I. Society speaks for itself.

Besides, the American workers built these companies for years.

Now they're giving their own people the royal flush?

It's complete disrespect, and unpatriotic.

If they don't respect our country, they should suffer the consequences, plain, and simple.

Workers didn't build anything. Workers simply work. Companies and corporations do the building.

Nobody is getting the royal flush because nobody is forced to work for anybody. Employment is an agreement between employer and employee. Both agree to X before that union is formed.

To say that workers build nothing is ridiculous.

As if production can be achieved by CEO's alone.

I really believe some Corporate think tank pays you for propaganda.

You really got to wonder about someone who blames workers, or customers for CEO decisions to outsource.

It would be nice if we did have cheaper products but that never really happened.

Oh yeah? Well you manufacture a 50' string of X-mas lights for $15.00. Good luck.

We've never had cheaper products for two reasons: One, automation. Two, foreign labor.

It's the people with the money that build things. Workers simply work. I don't make money every day, my employer does. He purchased the equipment. He owns the building. He built the business. It was his money that was invested. He built his customer base. I didn't do any of those things. He simply gives me a portion of HIS profits that HE deems necessary.

To say workers built a business is as if to say your stock broker made you rich even though it was your money invested; it was your call on what securities to hold. Or to say your real estate agent made you wealthy even though it was you who purchased the homes, remodeled them, and resold them.

None of these people are responsible for your wealth, you are. You simply hired these people to carry out your financial plans, and you paid them fairly for their work.

What cheaper products?

I've never seen these cheaper products, and neither has my dad.

Uh, even with automation workers must maintain the machines, therefor the production no matter what is depended on more than just CEO's.

An I phone X costs about a thousand dollars. What do you suppose it would cost if made in the USA? How about a big screen television or even an alarm clock? Perhaps the reason you believe products are not cheaper is because you have nothing to compare it to.

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com

Forum List

Back