If this is true, we are in trouble...

American workers had zero to do with jobs going overseas. It's a workers goal to continually seek more money not less. Where does this Neanderthal thinking come from? Blame the worker. How blatantly idiotic that is.

Todays employers have never had an easier time finding large numbers of over qualified highly productive workers. If they are having any difficulties finding them then the fault lies 100 percent on the company. They are a bad place to work and iIwould hope they continue to struggle until they make the job worthwhile.
/——/ Funny you mention that as I’m reading Newsday over breakfast.
09FF20B3-6AC1-4DD3-9D52-9A03B75D1864.jpeg

/——/ 50 years ago my hometown of Greenville SC was the textile center of the world now those factories are ghost towns because they moved to the Pacific Rim thanks to tax, labor and environmental laws passed by democRATs

again, I think this is where you are a little confused. Most of these textiles come from India and Pakistan, which have been a center of textile manufacture since the 19th century when the British decided to compete with the South on Cotton production.

What happened, of course, is that when transportation costs dropped, it just became cheaper to import them... because Cleetus and Billy Bob don't care that no dot-head dun made their shirts when they can save $2.00 at WalMart.

Perhaps those factories were simply poorly managed and failed to pay a decent wage. The prevailing attitude is labor is something to be looked down upon. ThatsThbackward thinking. Bad factories should struggle.

Perhaps those factories were simply poorly managed and failed to pay a decent wage. The prevailing attitude is labor is something to be looked down upon. ThatsThbackward thinking. Bad factories should struggle.

I've worked in manufacturing for years, and the one thing I found is that white folks, for all their pining away for Daddy's Good Union Job, have no real desire to work on a factory floor. So the few jobs in American factories that haven't been replaced by process improvement or automation, are usually done by immigrants and minorities.

But Trump can tell people like Ray they are being screwed by the Darkies, and they gobble it down like Stormy Daniels.

Do american people really want to work in a factory? Easy answer. Oh and they expect a hard days work too....for the same wage overseas. Laughable. Fail.

Todays employers have never had an easier time finding large numbers of over qualified highly productive workers. If they are having any difficulties finding them then the fault lies 100 percent on the company. They are a bad place to work and iIwould hope they continue to struggle until they make the job worthwhile.

I'll ask again

You never owned a business and employed anyone have you?

Walking off a job is empowering and gratifying. I remember the day I was supposed to catch a flight to the east coast during the holidays. I had already secured a better job behind my boss back. I never got on that flight. The company no longer deserved my services. I had only been there for 3 months and had just completed some useless training. BuhBuhBbye. Great day that was.
That’s good.

My father pulled a good one. He was an attorney but working for a large insurance company, when he retired.

The management of the company had changed and mostly new and younger managers took over. My dad butted heads often with them, so they were doing their best to make him miserable. One day he goes in his office and packs up his few personal items and leaves. He tells no one. LOL. It took them a couple weeks before they finally called him.

Walking off a job is empowering and gratifying. I remember the day I was supposed to catch a flight to the east coast during the holidays. I had already secured a better job behind my boss back. I never got on that flight. The company no longer deserved my services. I had only been there for 3 months and had just completed some useless training. BuhBuhBbye. Great day that was.
That’s good.

My father pulled a good one. He was an attorney but working for a large insurance company, when he retired.

The management of the company had changed and mostly new and younger managers took over. My dad butted heads often with them, so they were doing their best to make him miserable. One day he goes in his office and packs up his few personal items and leaves. He tells no one. LOL. It took them a couple weeks before they finally called him.

If it took his boss 2 weeks to realize he was gone then I guess he wasn't a very valuable employee

/----/ Perhaps they weren't poorly managed. I grew up there - you didn't.

That’s good.

/---/ Great story but he took a chance on being disbarred. Attornies operate on a tight leash.

Forum List

Back