If Trump gets the NRA to back down on background checks will you lefties give him credit?

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
It's no secret that the NRA has been bucking some of Trumps proposals so if he gets them to come around on the age limit or deeper background checks will you give him credit?
Trump seems incredibly confident that he can get the NRA to come on board and not be an active opponent.

It's no secret that the NRA has been bucking some of Trumps proposals so if he gets them to come around on the age limit or deeper background checks will you give him credit?
Trump seems incredibly confident that he can get the NRA to come on board and not be an active opponent.
What exactly does "deeper" background checks mean?

Absolutely. As long as it's something meaningful.

• Banned
What exactly does "deeper" background checks mean?
There have been a number of ideas tossed around. One idea I heard referenced was a red flag law and another was obviously tied to mental health while yet another pertained to loophole sales.
I don't pretend to know all the details but I have seen the NRA spokeswoman reject just about every idea.

The NRA came out against him on the age limit this morning.

Of course not. The ultimate goal for Communists/Democrats is a total ban and confiscation. People really are deluding themselves if they believe they'll stop at banning 'Bump Stocks' and AR's. Those measures only advance their Agenda a few steps closer to achieving their ultimate goal.

Trump and Republicans better be careful attempting to compromise with them. Because in the end, nothing short of a total ban and confiscation is gonna appease the Communists/Democrats. It's a major part of their Agenda.

I heard that as well. I obviously don't own guns but many of my family and friends do and none of them have a problem with that idea.
One of them who is a member suggested the NRA was against that idea because it could affect their memberships.

Of course not. The ultimate goal for Communists/Democrats is a total ban and confiscation. People really are deluding themselves if they believe they'll stop at banning 'Bump Stocks' and AR's. Those measures only advance their Agenda a few steps closer to achieving their ultimate goal.

Trump and Republicans better be careful attempting to compromise with them. Because in the end, nothing short of a total ban and confiscation is gonna appease the Communists/Democrats. It's a major part of their Agenda.
I don't think ANY gun ban talk is on the table.

I heard that as well. I obviously don't own guns but many of my family and friends do and none of them have a problem with that idea.
One of them who is a member suggested the NRA was against that idea because it could affect their memberships.

I'm torn on it, if an 18 year old can vote and serve this nation they should be able to own a firearm. Then I look at some of them and cringe at the thought of them being near one

I'm torn on it, if an 18 year old can vote and serve this nation they should be able to own a firearm. Then I look at some of them and cringe at the thought of them being near one
That's what I told my daughter. She is a gun owner & avid shooter. She is for the age restriction. I told her it didn't seem fair when looked at from the military & voting age.

We've already seen them arguing from the position of incrementalism. "Well... We were allowed to ban autos. We have background checks. We have age limits already..." It will never be enough till they have them all...

If Trump is able to get meaningful gun control passed I’ll give him credit. If he tosses us an insignificant bone hoping that we’ll shut up, the way he does with his sheep, then screw him. I expect the latter.
Do you consider his current ideas meaningful?

Today he claimed he would end bumpstocks on his own if he had to. Wants a higher age requirement & better background checks.

We've already seen them arguing from the position of incrementalism. "Well... We were allowed to ban autos. We have background checks. We ha e age limits already..." It will never be enough till they have them all...

When's the last time in the US that someone committed a mass shooting with a fully automatic weapon?

That's what I told my daughter. She is a gun owner & avid shooter. She is for the age restriction. I told her it didn't seem fair when looked at from the military & voting age.

All of our children shoot with their dad, they are responsible and will grow up to continue that. I hate to see those types of kids punished over the actions of others.

Forum List

Back