If Trump gets the NRA to back down on background checks will you lefties give him credit?

Just by the wording of the thread title, isn't it weird that our government would have to get the NRA to 'back down' just so the government can do the right thing?
They influence the GOP just like planned parenthood does with the Dems. Lobbying isn't new.
Give it a rest.

Of course not. The ultimate goal for Communists/Democrats is a total ban and confiscation. People really are deluding themselves if they believe they'll stop at banning 'Bump Stocks' and AR's. Those measures only advance their Agenda a few steps closer to achieving their ultimate goal.

Trump and Republicans better be careful attempting to compromise with them. Because in the end, nothing short of a total ban and confiscation is gonna appease the Communists/Democrats. It's a major part of their Agenda.
We've already seen them arguing from the position of incrementalism. "Well... We were allowed to ban autos. We have background checks. We ha e age limits already..." It will never be enough till they have them all...

When's the last time in the US that someone committed a mass shooting with a fully automatic weapon?

St Valentines Day Massacre?

Were machine guns banned at that point? btw, does one exception to the rule prove anything?

Of course not. The ultimate goal for Communists/Democrats is a total ban and confiscation. People really are deluding themselves if they believe they'll stop at banning 'Bump Stocks' and AR's. Those measures only advance their Agenda a few steps closer to achieving their ultimate goal.

Trump and Republicans better be careful attempting to compromise with them. Because in the end, nothing short of a total ban and confiscation is gonna appease the Communists/Democrats. It's a major part of their Agenda.
We've already seen them arguing from the position of incrementalism. "Well... We were allowed to ban autos. We have background checks. We ha e age limits already..." It will never be enough till they have them all...

When's the last time in the US that someone committed a mass shooting with a fully automatic weapon?

Were machine guns banned at that point? btw, does one exception to the rule prove anything?

no, they weren't.

But, that wasn't part of your question was it?
you only asked about mass shootings with a fully automatic weapon.

It's no secret that the NRA has been bucking some of Trumps proposals so if he gets them to come around on the age limit or deeper background checks will you give him credit?
Trump seems incredibly confident that he can get the NRA to come on board and not be an active opponent.
/----/ What good are background checks if reliable info isn't added and the police and FBI ignore them?

It's no secret that the NRA has been bucking some of Trumps proposals so if he gets them to come around on the age limit or deeper background checks will you give him credit?
Trump seems incredibly confident that he can get the NRA to come on board and not be an active opponent.

Why not?

But the NRA has agreed to background checks in the past. But background checks with so many loopholes that they are basically useless

If our President can get them agree to background checks that include private sales and gun shows....I will applaud him

Why not?

But the NRA has agreed to background checks in the past. But background checks with so many loopholes that they are basically useless

If our President can get them agree to background checks that include private sales and gun shows....I will applaud him
background checks that include private sales and gun shows...

Never happen

no, they weren't.

The other poster referenced banning autos (automatic weapons)

My point, for the thousandth time is that our history with automatic weapons has proven that gun bans can work. No other point is intended.

The NRA has no power to stop any legislation in Congress or through an EO. NRA is just a gun club period...

no, they weren't.

My point, for the thousandth time is that our history with automatic weapons has proven that gun bans can work. No other point is intended.

also a ban on sawed off shotguns....

take about 15 minutes to convert a regulation length shotgun into a sawed off one.

Why not?

background checks that include private sales and gun shows...

Never happen

NRA won't let it

That is why this thread is hopeless

Look it up, if it interests you. Me...? I really don't give a shit.

I have looked it up. I couldn't find any. The ban on automatic weapons worked, whether you like it or not.
People didn't stop getting shot. Or murdered in other ways for that matter. And for the record you're incorrect people still have been murdered with full auto weapons. However most criminals are smart enough to dispose of them after the deed...

Last edited:

Why not?

If that happens, I won't believe that the President 'got them' to do anything. When has he 'gotten' Congress to do anything that Congress wasn't quite willing to do in the first place.

If Congress passes a better background check law my belief will be simply that a sufficient number of Republicans came to the conclusion that it was politically now in their OWN BEST INTERESTS to support such a law.

I have looked it up. I couldn't find any. The ban on automatic weapons worked, whether you like it or not.
People didn't stop getting shot. Or murdered in other ways for that matter. And for the record you're incorrect people still have been murdered with full auto weapons. Mostcriminals Howe most criminals are smart enough to dispose of them after the deed...

so you support bringing back this:

thompsonvertical_192x450.gif

to be sold right alongside the AR15 wherever such are sold....

goddam, how depressing...

Unfortunately, so many are getting sucked into playing the Communists' game. They're wasting time quibbling over which new gun laws should or shouldn't be passed. The argument itself = a big win for the Communists/Democrats. Just remember, any new gun laws passed, will advance the Communist Agenda a few steps closer to their ultimate goal.

So any talk of new gun laws is a big Win-Win for them. Those quibbling over which 'compromises' to make, have already decided on appeasement. I assure you, the Communists/Democrats aren't gonna stop at banning 'Bump Stocks' and AR's. And stricter background checks that violate our Constitutional rights aren't gonna appease them either.

The NRA came out against him on the age limit this morning.

Would you support stronger background checks for mental illness etc and that an 18 year old can buy a handgun, rifle etc but they would have to wait until age 21 to buy an assault weapon an AR-15 etc?

They weren't banned. They were registered and regulated.

no, they weren't.

take about 15 minutes to convert a regulation length shotgun into a sawed off one.
Don't tell anyone when you do it..

People didn't stop getting shot. Or murdered in other ways for that matter. And for the record you're incorrect people still have been murdered with full auto weapons. Mostcriminals Howe most criminals are smart enough to dispose of them after the deed...

so you support bringing back this:

thompsonvertical_192x450.gif

to be sold right alongside the AR15 wherever such are sold....

goddam, how depressing...
My 33 year old son owns one...

Just by the wording of the thread title, isn't it weird that our government would have to get the NRA to 'back down' just so the government can do the right thing?
I nearly raised that point. The NRA doesn't work in Congress.

no, they weren't.

Speaking of sawn off shotguns.

(not interested in doing the paper work for this little boy)

Forum List

Back