If Trump signs the bill he calls a "disgrace" what does that say about his backbone?

There you go, you got it. The Republicans aren't going to pass the $2000, they hate you.

They hate me because they are concerned about our 26 trillion of debt while the Democrats go on their pork spending spree? I wish more representatives hated me that way for the sake of our grandchildren and great grandchildren.

The Republicans are concerned about the debt? When did that happen? :auiqs.jpg:

Republicans increased spending to restore our military that Obama allowed to go to hell. The protection of our country is outlined in the US Constitution, gender studies in Pakistan, giving 40 million dollars to the Kennedy Center, and teaching people how to store flammable materials properly is not.

"Gender studies" in Pakistan you say? Who signed that bill? :auiqs.jpg:

I will be really disappointed if he signs it. He went into great detail at great length to highlight why this bill is bad for America.
He damn well better make good on that with a veto.

If not it's just bloviating bullshit.
Did not threaten veto, as far as I know. Bloviating bullshit is kind of a stock in trade thing for him. Still cannot figure out his true motivation on this one. Put him back in the news though. Maybe that is something, at least in his mind.
He makes sure that we pay attention to what is in the bills passed. All the Pork and everything else for the favored.
Have never, ever, ever seen a spending bill without pork in all the time since I started noticing after high school. Nancy, McConnell and trump actually passed and budget once (not a continuing short term resolution for temp funding) which is unusual, going all the way back to George W. Bush. It had plenty of pork in it also. We all knew it. Still he touted it as a victory, as keeping spending low is only fashionable to republicans when democrats control the white house. We always see the pork. It is published by everybody that would like to reign in spending at the time for whatever reason they do not want the money spent. He doesn't pay attention to anything as, being possessed of an extremely short attention span. He does not look out for the country. He only looks out for trump.

I will be really disappointed if he signs it. He went into great detail at great length to highlight why this bill is bad for America.

Did not threaten veto, as far as I know. Bloviating bullshit is kind of a stock in trade thing for him. Still cannot figure out his true motivation on this one. Put him back in the news though. Maybe that is something, at least in his mind.
He makes sure that we pay attention to what is in the bills passed. All the Pork and everything else for the favored.
Have never, ever, ever seen a spending bill without pork in all the time since I started noticing after high school. Nancy, McConnell and trump actually passed and budget once (not a continuing short term resolution for temp funding) which is unusual, going all the way back to George W. Bush. It had plenty of pork in it also. We all knew it. Still he touted it as a victory, as keeping spending low is only fashionable to republicans when democrats control the white house. We always see the pork. It is published by everybody that would like to reign in spending at the time for whatever reason they do not want the money spent. He doesn't pay attention to anything as, being possessed of an extremely short attention span. He does not look out for the country. He only looks out for trump.
Trump ran on moderate and populist agendas. His ego kept it up the best he could. He could have screwed up a bit because he is not a D.C. lifer. All of his programs and agendas were supported by both parties and most politicians over the last few decades. They change with the wind.

Pelosi, like practically every other member of the House to include Republicans voted for it. Trump signed it, hell the Whitehouse negotiated the bill before there was a vote. You've been conned before, you're being conned now.

And Trump vetoed it. They passed the bill just before Christmas because everybody wanted to go home for the holiday. The bill is 5,500 pages long. Who could possibly read all that and sign it with the confidence they knew what was in it? To give you an idea of how many pages 5,500 is, the average Holy Bible has 1,200 pages. So we are right back to we have to pass the bill to find out what's in it.

Trump told Congress to get the pork out of there and instead, increase the stimulus checks to $2,000 instead of $600.

Pelosi, like practically every other member of the House to include Republicans voted for it. Trump signed it, hell the Whitehouse negotiated the bill before there was a vote. You've been conned before, you're being conned now.

And Trump vetoed it. They passed the bill just before Christmas because everybody wanted to go home for the holiday. The bill is 5,500 pages long. Who could possibly read all that and sign it with the confidence they knew what was in it? To give you an idea of how many pages 5,500 is, the average Holy Bible has 1,200 pages. So we are right back to we have to pass the bill to find out what's in it.

Trump told Congress to get the pork out of there and instead, increase the stimulus checks to $2,000 instead of $600.

The spending bill? Trump didn't veto it, what are you talking about?

He didn't this time, likely for the reasons I stated.

He didn't this time, likely for the reasons I stated.

He didn't this time what? He didn't veto it, he only threatened to, he ended up signing it. Now the Democrats are going in for the $2k and has already passed he house but will most likely be held up in the senate. Harris and Sanders sponsored a bill back in May for $2k stimulus checks but Mitch ignored it and Trump was silent.

Trump ran on moderate and populist agendas. His ego kept it up the best he could. He could have screwed up a bit because he is not a D.C. lifer. All of his programs and agendas were supported by both parties and most politicians over the last few decades. They change with the wind.
I don't do populist. Populist swings with the wind of the moment. Like any other professional I have hired, I am not looking for the most popular answer in my peer group. Have done some design and engineering and even successfully, but certainly not on a par with engineers, hired to solve or address more complicated problems. I look for somebody that knows more and is better trained than I and my friends, though on a good day, we ain't too shabby in general. Sure there are drawbacks to career politicians, but they also have more expertise and experience. Not always about most popular knee jerk reaction of the moment. More worried about knowing how the systems work in depth and how to get things done with as few unintended consequences as possible, within the existing laws of the land.

I don't do populist. Populist swings with the wind of the moment. Like any other professional I have hired, I am not looking for the most popular answer in my peer group. Have done some design and engineering and even successfully, but certainly not on a par with engineers, hired to solve or address more complicated problems. I look for somebody that knows more and is better trained than I and my friends, though on a good day, we ain't too shabby in general. Sure there are drawbacks to career politicians, but they also have more expertise and experience. Not always about most popular knee jerk reaction of the moment. More worried about knowing how the systems work in depth and how to get things done with as few unintended consequences as possible, within the existing laws of the land.
So essentially you are saying you would rather be ruled over by experts than have regular elections that reflect the will of the people?

So essentially you are saying you would rather be ruled over by experts than have regular elections that reflect the will of the people?
I prefer democratically elected, representative republic form of governance. Been lucky, especially for what I chose to do with part of my life. Never been ruled over directly, accept by those appointed and they were never recently appointed under a current president accept accept when I was PFC or below, and I always had a way out. Not that kind of country. You always have choices, if willing to live with your own decisions.

He didn't this time what? He didn't veto it, he only threatened to, he ended up signing it. Now the Democrats are going in for the $2k and has already passed he house but will most likely be held up in the senate. Harris and Sanders sponsored a bill back in May for $2k stimulus checks but Mitch ignored it and Trump was silent.

That's what I said, Trump didn't veto it this time.

Why do you lie? Post 186.

Didn't even threaten as far as I know. Just a trumpism publicity stunt to see if he could piss some people off one more time while in offices.

Didn't even threaten as far as I know. Just a trumpism publicity stunt to see if he could piss some people off one more time while in offices.

Ray previously said Trump vetoed the spending bill and is now lying about it.

Wasn't watching and probably neither was he. Been so much confusion by board members here between NDAA (which was vetoed) and Omnibus/Relief Act (witch was just bitched about and allowed to sit) on here, I can't call "lying", the intentional mis-statement of fact vs. people confused on which bill they are really talking about.

Not lying about anything. He vetoed it previously and didn't this last time.

Not lying about anything. He vetoed it previously and didn't this last time.

He never vetoed the spending bill, he only said he would and then ended up signing it. There was only one time. Not a first then a last, a single time. You're confusing two separate bills.

Yes it is, much like a virus.

Nope. Viruses can be controlled... that is if your president doesn't scream about them being a hoax and mock the people trying to control them.

It's Republicans who don't want people dependent on government, and Democrats who want people to be dependent. Democrats know the more people that depend on them, the more likely Democrat voters. Therefore a great economy is in the Republicans best interest because then the working class does do well. What do the Communists want? Medicare for all, paid time off, Universal Basic Income, free college.......... all designed to be dependent on the Democrat party.

I'll take the Republicans seriously on "dependence" when they get up and advocate for abolishing social security, unemployment, medicare and other WHITE PEOPLE WELFARE.

I didn't go on welfare. The government put me on disability. I know you can't do it because if you could, you would. It explains your jealousy and envy.

So let me get this straight...it's not your fault that you are collecting welfare, it's the government...

Riiiiiight.

The party of personal responsibility everyone.

There were no signs of the economy going down. You've been saying that bullshit since Trump's first day in office. You were wrong then as you are wrong now. Until we got hit by the virus, non-communist economists predicted an even better economy. Trump's policies were great. We had over 1.5 million more jobs than Americans who could do them. That never happened in my life. It wasn't until your comrades sent us the Wuhan flu when things went downhill and the Commie cities and states closed everything down, and it's still closed today.

Actually, no, I can tell you straight up, manufacturing was already in decline long before the Virus hit...

The labor glut has less to do with Trump and more to do with Boomers retiring...

Forum List

Back