🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

If You Believe in Abortion You Are Not Catholic And Cannot Take Communion

So why should religious doctrine determine domestic policy in a secular nation? If we let that happen we are no better than half the nations in the Mideast where religious leaders run the country.

You don't get it , BT. The bishops of the RCC don't determine policy for the government.

They determine policy for the church and the requirements for church membership.

And if Sleepy Joe wants to be a member of the RCC in good standing, the bishops of the RCC have a right to enforce the rules. And Biden always has the option of quitting the RCC and joining with Episcopalianism , agnosticism, or other religion if he doesn't want to follow the rules.
You don't get it..by refusing to enact or support religious doctrine (anti-abortion laws) he is doing his job a leader of a secular nation...and he is being punished for it by religious leaders and the political right (republicans). It is the religious faction along with the political faction of conservatives who intermingling church doctrine with secular policy.
The church has always been antiabortion, it is their right as a religion to accept or deny people the right to their services and/or rules. He is proabortion, thus his beliefs don't align with church, he might want to find a new church.

The church has a right to set and uphold their belief system and set requirements.

Then they need to be evenhanded. If they want to play politics then they should lose their tax exempt status.
It’s not politics it is their belief system. I am against tax exempt religions so that is fine by me . Start with political parties not being tax exempt.

Forcing beliefs on a religion is just plain stupid.

If your beliefs don’t align with the church, go find one that does or form your own.
Well the bishops seem intent on emptying their churches. LOL

So why should religious doctrine determine domestic policy in a secular nation? If we let that happen we are no better than half the nations in the Mideast where religious leaders run the country.

You don't get it , BT. The bishops of the RCC don't determine policy for the government.

They determine policy for the church and the requirements for church membership.

And if Sleepy Joe wants to be a member of the RCC in good standing, the bishops of the RCC have a right to enforce the rules. And Biden always has the option of quitting the RCC and joining with Episcopalianism , agnosticism, or other religion if he doesn't want to follow the rules.
You don't get it..by refusing to enact or support religious doctrine (anti-abortion laws) he is doing his job a leader of a secular nation...and he is being punished for it by religious leaders and the political right (republicans). It is the religious faction along with the political faction of conservatives who intermingling church doctrine with secular policy.
The church has always been antiabortion, it is their right as a religion to accept or deny people the right to their services and/or rules. He is proabortion, thus his beliefs don't align with church, he might want to find a new church.

The church has a right to set and uphold their belief system and set requirements.

Then they need to be evenhanded. If they want to play politics then they should lose their tax exempt status.

Would you agree with the same rules applied to the Religious Left? Fellows like Jim Wallis, radical Episcopalianists and the Manhattan NYC church that threw Trump out?
We Episcopalians never denied anyone the eucharist and never told anyone to leave. And every priest was left free to either marry, or not marry, gays. But in the church, no priest gets a church without the bishop approving.

PS but we bankrupted ourselves litigating church assets against other episcopalians who were financed by Scafide, whose only issue is gays getting married.

Last edited:
I would reject your communion in a heartbeat. Yeah that would be the heartbeat of the child you want to MURDER!

“Give to Caesar what is Caesar’s, and to God what is God’s.”

Sounds like Jesus also believed in a separation between church and state!!!

The Bishops should not inject themselves into politics. But to be fair Biden shouldn't question them on how many "Hail Mary's" and "Our Father's" it takes to receive absolution for buggering an Alter Boy.

It’s not politics it is their belief system. I am against tax exempt religions so that is fine by me . Start with political parties not being tax exempt.

If your beliefs don’t align with the church, go find one that does or form your own.
It's up to them, I have no interest in Catholics or being a Catholic, I don't share their beliefs.

The Bishops should not inject themselves into politics. But to be fair Biden shouldn't question them on how many "Hail Mary's" and "Our Father's" it takes to receive absolution for buggering an Alter Boy.
I'm not Catholic nor do I ever want to be Catholic. I have been very strong on the Catholic Church being held criminally accountable for their crimes against boys.

As far as the Bishops not allowing a communion, I am good with that. If you don't share the Catholic's opinion on abortion, you probably should exercise your right and choose a different religion. The Bishops made their choice and we all can make our choice, no harm, no foul.

I think you're asking the wrong question. The REAL question is, "If your beliefs do not inform your actions, then do you really believe them?" The Bishops aren't telling Biden and Pelosi what their policies should be. They are telling them what being Catholic is. Biden, Pelosi, et al. can support whatever policies they like. They just can't say that doing so is consistent with Catholicism.

And who is this "we"? Are you a Catholic Bishop? Are you even Catholic? If not, then what stake do you have in whether or not someone is granted communion?

It's up to them, I have no interest in Catholics or being a Catholic, I don't share their beliefs.
Well yeah, but the bishops have an interest on forcing their beliefs on you, and me. But the catholic church is losing church goers faster than any other Christian group, which to me is heartening.

Well yeah, but the bishops have an interest on forcing their beliefs on you, and me. But the catholic church is losing church goers faster than any other Christian group, which to me is heartening.
They haven't forced anything on me. As for what happens to them, I really don't care if they disappeared tomorrow.

I'm not Catholic nor do I ever want to be Catholic. I have been very strong on the Catholic Church being held criminally accountable for their crimes against boys.

As far as the Bishops not allowing a communion, I am good with that. If you don't share the Catholic's opinion on abortion, you probably should exercise your right and choose a different religion. The Bishops made their choice and we all can make our choice, no harm, no foul.

I have no problem with the Church opposing and opining about abortion. But I think the Bishops are trying to use their religion as a political weapon against the Chief Executive whose duty is to carry out the laws for all the people. Biden is personally against abortion. Society is not.

I was born and raise Catholic and even when to Catholic Schools. Not anymore.

No, YOU don't get it. Once again, no one is telling him what he does or doesn't have to believe and do politically. They're telling him whether or not he can consider himself a good Catholic.

I have no idea where you got the notion that the Catholic Church somehow owes it to you to be okay with things that violate their doctrine in order to "not punish" people for things you think they should get to do.

Biden's being expelled from a private organization for failing to follow their rules.

Not even expelled. Simply denied full participation. They haven't excommunicated him yet.

I have no problem with the Church opposing and opining about abortion. But I think the Bishops are trying to use their religion as a political weapon against the Chief Executive whose duty is to carry out the laws for all the people. Biden is personally against abortion. Society is not.

I was born and raise Catholic and even when to Catholic Schools. Not anymore.
Fair enough.

No, the Bishops have no interest in forcing anything on you. You vastly overestimate your importance to others, or their interest in you. The Bishops are interested in setting and maintaining boundaries on the definition of what is a good Catholic.

Your comment about "I find it heartening" tells me that YOU are interested in forcing your beliefs on others. Maybe the next time you want to criticize others, you should take a look at yourself to see if you're the worse offender.

Right, Hitler also identified as a Catholic, and just because he was also engaged in genocide it did not mean he had to quit the church.

It's all about separation of church and state.

I'm guessing that Hitler's situation resembled Henry VIII's: he was a lot closer physically to the priests than the Pope was, and therefore more dangerous to offend.

I would reject your communion in a heartbeat. Yeah that would be the heartbeat of the child you want to MURDER!

That is so ridiculous.

I went to a catholic school for one year. I was a very devout christian but wasn't baptized catholic. I was baptized Methodist and was a very active member in the church and youth group. My parents were Sunday school teachers.

I took communion at the Methodist church and other churches I attended such a Lutheran and Unitarian and others. All those churches only required a person to baptized to take communion. It doesn't matter what church or faith they were baptized to take communion.

Except the Catholic Church.

I didn't know I wasn't allowed to take communion at a school church service. I just joined everyone else.

Then all hell broke loose.

I got in so much trouble for taking communion because I wasn't baptized catholic. My parents had to go to the school to talk with the priest and principal about it so I could continue to go to that school.

So the Catholic Church not allowing someone to take communion because they are pro choice isn't anything new to me.

The Catholic Church has been discriminating against all those who aren't catholic for a very long time.

If I was a pro choice catholic, I would quickly leave the church.
And yet, they spent decades covering up for pedophile priests.

That is so ridiculous.

I went to a catholic school for one year. I was a very devout christian but wasn't baptized catholic. I was baptized Methodist and was a very active member in the church and youth group. My parents were Sunday school teachers.

I took communion at the Methodist church and other churches I attended such a Lutheran and Unitarian and others. All those churches only required a person to baptized to take communion. It doesn't matter what church or faith they were baptized to take communion.

I didn't know I wasn't allowed to take communion at a school church service. I just joined everyone else.

I got in so much trouble for taking communion because I wasn't baptized catholic. My parents had to go to the school to talk with the priest and principal about it so I could continue to go to that school.

So the Catholic Church not allowing someone to take communion because they are pro choice isn't anything new to me.

The Catholic Church has been discriminating against all those who aren't catholic for a very long time.

I hate the Catholic Church for their cover up on their Priest's criminal wrong doings. How they believe that any loving God would support that behavior is sick. I wished the law would have gone further in criminally going after the church it's self. The worst part is what it did to those kids and their families for decades to come. Truly a sick cover up.

For the same reason YOUR life matters.

Greg

That is so ridiculous.

My remedy for such vermin: both the perpetrators AND those who "covered it up", is downright medieval. Lucky for them I was not in a position to have such remedies enacted. BTW: the victims were overwhelmingly Catholics. I am pleased at your concern for the victims ....IF SINCERE.

Greg

Forum List

Back