If You Believe in Abortion You Are Not Catholic And Cannot Take Communion

So why should religious doctrine determine domestic policy in a secular nation? If we let that happen we are no better than half the nations in the Mideast where religious leaders run the country.

You don't get it , BT. The bishops of the RCC don't determine policy for the government.

They determine policy for the church and the requirements for church membership.

And if Sleepy Joe wants to be a member of the RCC in good standing, the bishops of the RCC have a right to enforce the rules. And Biden always has the option of quitting the RCC and joining with Episcopalianism , agnosticism, or other religion if he doesn't want to follow the rules.
I remember when I was over in the war and my wife and me would send tapes back and forth. My little girl sent me one and she said "daddy please come home alive." I sent her one back and I told her "baby girl you're dad is coming home...alive." You think I would abort her? No way dude. I kept my promise.

It's too bad we don't understand that the kids in other countries want the same thing.
So people in the United States of America are supposed to feel guilty? Fuck you.

Absolutely. You seem to be another that only pretends to be pro-life. Life doesn't end at birth.
Look you goddamn communist,life begins at inception and when a man and woman love each other he follows through with his manly obligation.

Firstly, how is this discussion related to communism? You're paranoid about them.

There is no scientific evidence to suggest life as we know it begins at conception.
You say it does because you want to close off any time available for an abortion because of your filthy religion.
You have no right to interfere with a woman's legal right to an abortion because you believe in some hideous God. You don't even have approval from your religion to say anything.
You are just another brain dead hypocritical godbother.

Of course life begins as conception. You might mean a distinct separate human life with a soul and all of that but scientifically there is zero question that a life begins at conception.

To note, the Supreme Court in RvW noted when it was indeed legal to interfere with a womans ability to abort. Now you did make the distinction "legal" which does restrict the argument to that but the reasoning was viability and that line has become shorter since 1973.

My belief of life's beginning is not similar to yours. I'll need proof from science to verify that and until then I'll dispute your religious reasons as being justification to not allow women cont rtol over their body.

I'll assume you are married for this exercise. Your wife would probably use contraception against the church's will.
How do you justify that to your God?
Are not not allowing the natural process of life to begin?

My reasons are not religious. It's a simple fact that there is a life. I'm not Catholic so I have no need to justify anything.

If you were an atheist, as you are suggesting, you would agree to give a woman her legal right.

What you call a fact of life doesn't align with that of research. Its your personal opinion and stop lying about your view does not come from religion.

How's that question about contraception? Bit if a curly one attempting to get out of that ay?
Sort of destroys all godbotherers position of obeying gods laws.

Please, no more silly views. Just facts.

I've never suggested I was an Atheist. I'm an though wasting my time.

Do you ever read what you write?
You said, my reasons are not religious.
How could that not be interpreted as an atheist as I "suggested".

I stated what it was. You say the product of conception is a rock or something similar. Whatever, your science is from somewhere unknown.

I never said there was science. I said I would like to see scientific evidence.

Again, I never "said" it was anything. It was you who said it was life.
You're not learning anything from this debate. The religious aspect has you on the back foot and I will say now, your statement regarding you view is not religious, is a lie. How does lying fit with your God?

Every time you reply I get another whack at you. Keep going.

LOL. You seem to be unable to explain what the product of conception is if not a life. A simply fact long taught in basic biology 101.

You're not laughing so why the silly bits. Grow up.

My explanation is I believe it is not life at conception and I've seen no evidence to prove it is. Maybe your biology teacher was a godbotherer also.
It's not a fact without evidence.

So why should religious doctrine determine domestic policy in a secular nation? If we let that happen we are no better than half the nations in the Mideast where religious leaders run the country.

You don't get it , BT. The bishops of the RCC don't determine policy for the government.

They determine policy for the church and the requirements for church membership.

And if Sleepy Joe wants to be a member of the RCC in good standing, the bishops of the RCC have a right to enforce the rules. And Biden always has the option of quitting the RCC and joining with Episcopalianism , agnosticism, or other religion if he doesn't want to follow the rules.
I remember when I was over in the war and my wife and me would send tapes back and forth. My little girl sent me one and she said "daddy please come home alive." I sent her one back and I told her "baby girl you're dad is coming home...alive." You think I would abort her? No way dude. I kept my promise.

It's too bad we don't understand that the kids in other countries want the same thing.
So people in the United States of America are supposed to feel guilty? Fuck you.

Absolutely. You seem to be another that only pretends to be pro-life. Life doesn't end at birth.
Look you goddamn communist,life begins at inception and when a man and woman love each other he follows through with his manly obligation.

Firstly, how is this discussion related to communism? You're paranoid about them.

There is no scientific evidence to suggest life as we know it begins at conception.
You say it does because you want to close off any time available for an abortion because of your filthy religion.
You have no right to interfere with a woman's legal right to an abortion because you believe in some hideous God. You don't even have approval from your religion to say anything.

Of course life begins as conception. You might mean a distinct separate human life with a soul and all of that but scientifically there is zero question that a life begins at conception.

To note, the Supreme Court in RvW noted when it was indeed legal to interfere with a womans ability to abort. Now you did make the distinction "legal" which does restrict the argument to that but the reasoning was viability and that line has become shorter since 1973.

My belief of life's beginning is not similar to yours. I'll need proof from science to verify that and until then I'll dispute your religious reasons as being justification to not allow women cont rtol over their body.

I'll assume you are married for this exercise. Your wife would probably use contraception against the church's will.

My reasons are not religious. It's a simple fact that there is a life. I'm not Catholic so I have no need to justify anything.

If you were an atheist, as you are suggesting, you would agree to give a woman her legal right.

What you call a fact of life doesn't align with that of research. Its your personal opinion and stop lying about your view does not come from religion.

How's that question about contraception? Bit if a curly one attempting to get out of that ay?

I stated what it was. You say the product of conception is a rock or something similar. Whatever, your science is from somewhere unknown.

You're not learning anything from this debate. The religious aspect has you on the back foot and I will say now, your statement regarding you view is not religious, is a lie. How does lying fit with your God?

LOL. You seem to be unable to explain what the product of conception is if not a life. A simply fact long taught in basic biology 101.

My explanation is I believe it is not life at conception and I've seen no evidence to prove it is. Maybe your biology teacher was a godbotherer also.

If you've "seen no evidence" that an unborn child is a living organism, maybe you should spend less time sticking your fingers in your ears and dismissing biology teachers who say it is as, "Godbotherers" and more time actually listening to them.

Your ignorance doesn't magically become brilliance simply because you have so much of it.

If you've "seen no evidence" that an unborn child is a living organism, maybe you should spend less time sticking your fingers in your ears and dismissing biology teachers who say it is as, "Godbotherers" and more time actually listening to them.

Your ignorance doesn't magically become brilliance simply because you have so much of it.

The same evidence you have not seen.
So YOUR point us?

If you believe in God, you believe in immaculate conception and virgin births, talking snakes and resurrections yet you suggest I should spend more time listening that shit?
You're not real good at this. Come again boy.

When are Evangelicals going to follow the rules over their glorification of that shitstain Trump when he's just about broken every commandment there is & still does?

What people are missing is the Church refusing Biden communion is because he is openly promoting abortion and serving Biden communion would make one complicit in Biden's sin. This is why Biden was refused an audience with pope Francis last week.
As for TRUMP the difference is TRUMP isn't promoting the sins he committees.

There are plenty of things you are missing. Biden is not actively promoting abortion. He is supporting the right for a woman to decide. This is not a theocracy. To impose laws that limit a woman's right to decide is establishing a Christian version of Iran. The bishops do not support the death penalty but Republicans support it. The bishops do not support Trump's immigration policies but Republicans support it. So Republican politicians should not be allowed to take communion. By engaging in partisan politics, they should be stripped of their tax exemption.

Supporting the life of a baby is a human right. The death penalty is not taking the life of an innocent, and compared to abortion it's rare.

I would reject your communion in a heartbeat. Yeah that would be the heartbeat of the child you want to MURDER!
The last time I witnesses a communion I recall the film as Debbie does Dallas.
I have to confess that afterwards, GF at the time asked " I wondered where all the paper towels went ?"

The same evidence you have not seen.
So YOUR point us?

If you believe in God, you believe in immaculate conception and virgin births, talking snakes and resurrections yet you suggest I should spend more time listening that shit?
You're not real good at this. Come again boy.

You are incorrect. I have seen evidence that unborn babies are living organisms. Unlike you, I listened in biology class rather than dismissing it as "Must be wrong, because it's not what I want to hear".

I'm suggesting you listen to THAT "shit", but you're still too busy blithering about your pride in your own ignorant bigotry.

You're not good at this at all, leftist. Come back when you have something to offer besides, "Hating religion means I'm smart."

I would reject your communion in a heartbeat. Yeah that would be the heartbeat of the child you want to MURDER!
Do you really think our VP should knuckle under to the kiddy diddling Catholic church? You're probably not even Catholic.
Born and raised. He should go with the Church. But he won't because he is a piece of shit. Either you're loyal or you're not. Baby murder is not Christian.
STFU you stupid idiot. A little over 50 years ago Kennedy gave a famous speech proclaiming that the church would not dictate policy to him. The separation of church and state is a fundamental aspect of the US Constitution, and yet here your stupid ass is, proclaiming that a church, the Catholic Church no less, should be dictating public policy, simply because you agree with one concept of the church's viewpoint. You might want to review the Catholic's church position on poverty. IF the church starts denying communion to politicians for positions they hold then Republicans should be at the front of the line. The no effort position against abortion does not exclude them from other church positions.

If catholic law dictated law in America, the death penalty would illegal.

You need to retake basic biology.

If You Believe in Abortion You Are Not Catholic And Cannot Take Communion​

Why not? Not that I have a pig in this race but what specifically is the reasoning?

If a person privately supports abortion they shouldn't receive communion, but they wouldn't be denied because the sin would be between the person and God. One is supposed to be in a sinless state to receive the Eucharist, which for the majority would mean weekly confession.
The Church teaches abortion is a grave sin, one that can result in a person losing their salvation.

Right, so what teachings are specific to abortion?

It's in the book of numbers. 5:11 through 31.

In the book of numbers it gives instructions on how to perform an abortion.

However, the bible says nothing about prohibiting abortion.

If You Believe in Abortion You Are Not Catholic And Cannot Take Communion​

Why not? Not that I have a pig in this race but what specifically is the reasoning?

If a person privately supports abortion they shouldn't receive communion, but they wouldn't be denied because the sin would be between the person and God. One is supposed to be in a sinless state to receive the Eucharist, which for the majority would mean weekly confession.
The Church teaches abortion is a grave sin, one that can result in a person losing their salvation.

Right, so what teachings are specific to abortion?

It's in the book of numbers. 5:11 through 31.

In the book of numbers it gives instructions on how to perform an abortion.

However, the bible says nothing about prohibiting abortion.

The actual text does not mention a pregnancy at all. It simply states the woman's belly would swell and she would become sick.

"Next time I go to Church, I dare you to deny me Communion," Lieu tweeted.

Or you'll do what?
You have no right to call yourself a Christian if you support baby murder.

You have your beliefs and I have mine...

Look how I am not imposing my beliefs on to you but you want to use the Government to force others into your beliefs...

I will also point out the Jesus never made a reference to abortion even though it was common practice in the areas during his time.

But what he did say was "Render unto Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and unto God the things that are God's"

So as a good Christian, I have my beliefs about abortion, but I don't want to impose them onto others. This is what Christ told us to do... It is very clear...

So how about you being a good Christian....

Actually, the Religious Left DOES impose its beliefs on people all the time. Forces people to accept its dogmas concerning abortion and gay marriage, among others.

The RCC is a private outfit, and if they want to kick someone out, who is the government, who is the media, to say they shouldn't be allowed to?

Nobody can be said to be forcing people to accept any "dogmas" regarding abortion or same-sex marriage inasmuch as no one is forcing anyone to have an abortion or to marry someone of the same sex. Leaving these decisions up to the individual is not forcing anything on anybody.

The boys who run the RCC are sending a message to voters to reject the candidacies of RCC candidates unless the voter agrees with the opinions that these boys put forth. These guys are free to kick anyone out of their club that they want to. But actions have consequences.

I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people leave the catholic church.

I probably do but at this point all you have is your filthy religion.

Let me tell you something fuckface... My religion is complete and is true. I'm a 100% all in fells.

Or you'll do what?

Look how I am not imposing my beliefs on to you but you want to use the Government to force others into your beliefs...

I will also point out the Jesus never made a reference to abortion even though it was common practice in the areas during his time.

But what he did say was "Render unto Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and unto God the things that are God's"

So as a good Christian, I have my beliefs about abortion, but I don't want to impose them onto others. This is what Christ told us to do... It is very clear...

Actually, the Religious Left DOES impose its beliefs on people all the time. Forces people to accept its dogmas concerning abortion and gay marriage, among others.

The RCC is a private outfit, and if they want to kick someone out, who is the government, who is the media, to say they shouldn't be allowed to?

Nobody can be said to be forcing people to accept any "dogmas" regarding abortion or same-sex marriage inasmuch as no one is forcing anyone to have an abortion or to marry someone of the same sex. Leaving these decisions up to the individual is not forcing anything on anybody.

The boys who run the RCC are sending a message to voters to reject the candidacies of RCC candidates unless the voter agrees with the opinions that these boys put forth. These guys are free to kick anyone out of their club that they want to. But actions have consequences.

I will slam you into the board so hard your fucking eyes will pop out of your head!

So you think that Catholics think that abortion is make believe?

Let me tell you something fuckface... My religion is complete and is true. I'm a 100% all in fells.

You're swearing doesn't intimidate me boy. You're just another delusional godbotherer who thinks he's going to heaven. Next you'll be telling me I'm going to hell.

As for your religion being complete.
Your right. Complete bullshit.
You've been conned son.
You keep the faith and the pastors etc, will keep the money. Sucker.

Or you'll do what?

You are absolutely correct. They go through with this, they will leave in droves. Rape the choirboy, Catholic church will protect you. But support a woman's right to choose, no communion for you. Can't blame them for leaving.

But I got to vent here. Nothing is more lame than a Republican believing that being against abortion someone makes them "holy". Honestly, it reflects an absolute zero understanding of the words of Christ. It takes no effort, it takes no sacrifice, it means nothing, to advocate for what someone else should do. We will not be judged by what we thought other people should do, I mean it is laughable. In fact, we are not suppose to judge at all, and yet is that not exactly what the Catholic church is doing here?

You're swearing doesn't intimidate me boy. You're just another delusional godbotherer who thinks he's going to heaven. Next you'll be telling me I'm going to hell.

You've been conned son.
If a I did see you
face-to-face you would regret that communist. I would stomp your ass into a mud hole.

You've been conned son.
If a I did see you
face-to-face you would regret that communist. I would stomp your ass into a mud hole.
I got to tell you, you are a long way from a Christian. But you keep on deluding yourself.

Do you really think our VP should knuckle under to the kiddy diddling Catholic church? You're probably not even Catholic.

Biden can do what he wants. The bishops can't make him do anything he doesn't want to do.

Their only option is to chuck him out of the RCC if he doesn't want to follow the rules.
A church publicly trying to use a man's personal faith to to blackmail him on secular policy for an entire country coercive and wrong.
Don't try to intellectualize a simple issue. Either you support life or baby murder.
The larger abortion issue is another topic. What we have here is an amazingly illustrative example why the founders slammed the door on America having a state religion like the church of England. Clergy will absolutely try to ban sin.

Do you have any objection to the Marble Collegiate Church throwing President Trump out of the congregation?

Or are you being hypocritical here?

Biden can do what he wants. The bishops can't make him do anything he doesn't want to do.

Their only option is to chuck him out of the RCC if he doesn't want to follow the rules.
A church publicly trying to use a man's personal faith to to blackmail him on secular policy for an entire country coercive and wrong.
Don't try to intellectualize a simple issue. Either you support life or baby murder.
The larger abortion issue is another topic. What we have here is an amazingly illustrative example why the founders slammed the door on America having a state religion like the church of England. Clergy will absolutely try to ban sin.

Do you have any objection to the Marble Collegiate Church throwing President Trump out of the congregation?

Or are you being hypocritical here?
First I heard of it. Must not have been that much of a loss to an atheist that never really attended church.

Trump is actually a devout Christian, you should know. Very tight with leading theologians including the Graham family, John Hagee, the Falwells and others.
Yeah he's totally down with christianity which why he had "until death do we part" with three fucking bitches so far...

Forum List

Back