If you're working for minimum wage your financial problems are yours alone

Your boss didn't kill your ambition.
Your boss didn't make you fail your education.
I didn't kill your ambition.
I didn't make you fail in school.

If you're an adult working for minimum wage it is YOUR irresponsible choices that led you there.

All interesting point. However, somebody has to do these jobs. What do you do when they aren't done? no food being picked? No grass verges being mowed? No toilets being cleaned, or other premises. You get a third-world country. Nothing wrong with giving people a liveable wage. Also, don't forget that those minimum wages help keep inflation down. If everybody got paid $100,000 interest rates would go through the roof - supply and demand....everybody would have enough to buy shit, so sellers would put up prices due to scarcity..

It's all based on demand. The going rate for basic yard service that entails mowing edging and weed eating is only five bucks more now than it was in 1980 when I did it as a kid.
Think about that.
You cant even get in the parking lot of the local Quicki Mart at lunch time due to all the trucks pulling trailers packed with lawn equipment and mexicans.
Around here they 25-70 bucks to do a lawn, as a kid I made 3 dollars..

I pay my guy $160 per month to do my front lawn ( I still make my kid mow the back ). He is fast. He comes four times in summer and twice in winter. He's done in under 30 minutes.

You are way off.

Thats just pure greed on the part of Carrier. I could understand if they couldnt survive in the U.S. paying their workers but they obviously can.
Thus, even you know deep down inside that immigrants have fuck-all to do with our economic problems.

That shows you know fuck all about the American work force and the jobs that cant be outsourced.
Americans aren't going to pick lettuce at any price.

Every prosperous economy has a large foreign labor force. It comes with success.

You are the one who knows fuck-all about economics.

It's one thing to have a migrant workforce,it's an entirely different animal when they live here.
Somebody mentioned supply and demand.

The exact same principle applies to labor. There is a huge demand for farm labor, and the supply is not being met by Americans or legal immigrants.

Our quota system is out of whack.

If a farmer needs 50 lettuce pickers, and no Americans show up at any price, and he is only allowed 10 legal immigrants, he has no choice but to hire 40 illegals.

That is where the demand side comes from, and why the supply of illegals is so high.

Americans won't do the jobs immigrants do. Even Trump has learned that. He had to outsource someone to fuck him.

This is the result of our own prosperity.

Economics 101.

Than we need migrant labour not more low paid citizens on the government dole.

Thats just pure greed on the part of Carrier. I could understand if they couldnt survive in the U.S. paying their workers but they obviously can.
Thus, even you know deep down inside that immigrants have fuck-all to do with our economic problems.

That shows you know fuck all about the American work force and the jobs that cant be outsourced.

Every prosperous economy has a large foreign labor force. It comes with success.

It's one thing to have a migrant workforce,it's an entirely different animal when they live here.

The exact same principle applies to labor. There is a huge demand for farm labor, and the supply is not being met by Americans or legal immigrants.

If a farmer needs 50 lettuce pickers, and no Americans show up at any price, and he is only allowed 10 legal immigrants, he has no choice but to hire 40 illegals.

That is where the demand side comes from, and why the supply of illegals is so high.

Americans won't do the jobs immigrants do. Even Trump has learned that. The fat bastard had to outsource someone to fuck him.

Economics 101.

Make the legal supply meet the demand, and then those immigrants will be paying taxes just like the rest of us.
You lied. The farmer isn't willing to pay "any price".

You remove the illegal fucktards and the labor force will correct itself. It may mean higher carrot prices at the market but the money remains in OUR SYSTEM

If you're an adult working for minimum wage it is YOUR irresponsible choices that led you there.

All interesting point. However, somebody has to do these jobs. What do you do when they aren't done? no food being picked? No grass verges being mowed? No toilets being cleaned, or other premises. You get a third-world country. Nothing wrong with giving people a liveable wage. Also, don't forget that those minimum wages help keep inflation down. If everybody got paid $100,000 interest rates would go through the roof - supply and demand....everybody would have enough to buy shit, so sellers would put up prices due to scarcity..

It's all based on demand. The going rate for basic yard service that entails mowing edging and weed eating is only five bucks more now than it was in 1980 when I did it as a kid.
Think about that.
You cant even get in the parking lot of the local Quicki Mart at lunch time due to all the trucks pulling trailers packed with lawn equipment and mexicans.

I pay my guy $160 per month to do my front lawn ( I still make my kid mow the back ). He is fast. He comes four times in summer and twice in winter. He's done in under 30 minutes.

You are way off.
Where did I go? I am just telling you what they charge in NW Arkanass...I have no idea what they charge in other states or cities...

Think about that.

You are right to focus on demand. But you are focusing on the wrong kind of demand. The KEY TO OUR ECONOMY, is demand for GOODS AND SERVICES. This demand is made greater when more people have $$ to spend.

Good point. A higher Minimum Wage will put more money back into the economy. It would be something we could all be proud of.

So let's send them back to Mexico, and let them make Carrier air conditioners and Fords and Trump ties there for $2 an hour.

Fuck the Americans who are too stupid to compete with them, amiright?

I'd rather spend my tax dollars on tax breaks and incentives to keep American jobs here than on welfare for immigrants who send a huge portion of their wages back to mexico rather than spending it here supporting our tax base and local economies..

Wh
"reasonable wage" is not something that can be imposed by the government, it is decided by how much value a person adds to a service or product via their labor.

Seems to me a reasonable wage is the wage both parties agree to do work at

Sure. And every unskilled worker has plenty of clout with which to negotiate a higher wage.

Stop flooding the country with immigrants and the demand goes up along with wages.

Bull. Watch how Trump doesn't deport anyone. Then...try to guess why.

Lets wait and see if he does it or not. If he does wages will go up. If he doesnt we're in for more stagnant wages.
Personally having cheap labor only helps me since i'm retired,my concern is with the lack of tax base and the welfare of my country.

I wonder if you are open to researching other potential reasons for why wages have stagnated? Your reason is bunk.

Americans won't do the jobs immigrants do. Even Trump has learned that. The fat bastard had to outsource someone to fuck him.

Economics 101.

Make the legal supply meet the demand, and then those immigrants will be paying taxes just like the rest of us.

You remove the illegal fucktards and the labor force will correct itself. It may mean higher carrot prices at the market but the money remains in OUR SYSTEM
Carrots, like many agricultural products are picked by harvesters...

you city boys kill me...:biggrin:

Fuck those Carrier workers. If they were responsible, motivated people, they would have acquired skills that couldn't be moved to Mexico to people who work for peanuts.

It's criminal that Trump used taxpayer money to bribe the owners to save those low-life, lazy, good-for-nothings their low skilled jobs.

Those mental midgets should pull themselves up by their own bootstraps!

Damn right!
You continue to be a full fledged asshole. Those Carrier jobs or any other skilled jobs that move out of country have little to do with the minimum wage. Therefore that is irrelevant to this thread. If you want to discuss free trade & all that other bullshit GO START YOUR OWN THREAD & stop posting your nonsense in this one.

Those jobs are not skilled.

Economics 101.

Alabama tried that a few years ago. They got fucked.

Think about that.

You are way off.

Is that for basic lawn service like mowing edging and weed eating?
I can get that done here in Texas for 25 bucks due to the glut of services.
I pay my guy 65 a week but he does everything from planting flowers in the beds 4 or 5 times a year,fertilizes,mulches the beds,pulls weeds,trims the trees and everything else.

All interesting points. However, somebody has to do these jobs. What do you do when they aren't done? no food being picked? No grass verges being mowed? No toilets being cleaned, or other premises. You get a third-world country. Nothing wrong with giving people a liveable wage. Also, don't forget that those minimum wages help keep inflation down. If everybody got paid $100,000 interest rates would go through the roof - supply and demand....everybody would have enough to buy shit, so sellers would put up prices due to scarcity..
Your missing the point. Your station in life is your responsibility irregardless of how much money you make. As to low wages on high demand jobs.....Stop filling them with illegals and the pay will go up for American workers unless the farmer is just gonna say fuck it & let his crop rot.

Unfortunately, too many Americans' hearts have turned cold. The Devil has gotten inside them. The Devil is always there, trying to get into our hearts and minds. He preys on human weaknesses like greed and hate.

I truly believe more Americans desperately need the power of prayer. God is real. God is stronger the Devil. He can keep the Devil away. We need to help our fellow Americans. And if most would just let go of their greed, bitterness, and fear, we can do that.

Think about that.

You are way off.

I pay my guy 65 a week but he does everything from planting flowers in the beds 4 or 5 times a year,fertilizes,mulches the beds,pulls weeds,trims the trees and everything else.
You get a good deal..Of course my elderly in laws I do their yard work for free.

Think about that.

You are way off.

Very basic. He mows, whacks weeds and edges. Occasionally spreads some mulch.

Unfortunately, too many Americans' hearts have turned cold. The Devil has gotten inside them. The Devil is always there, trying to get into our hearts and minds. He preys on human weaknesses like greed and hate.

I truly believe more Americans desperately need the power of prayer. God is real. God is stronger the Devil. He can keep the Devil away. We need to help our fellow Americans. And if most would just let go of their greed, bitterness, and fear, we can do that.
If this God is so strong, why does he not destroy the Devil?

Think about that.

You are way off.

Is the mulch the cut grass or wood chips?

All interesting points. However, somebody has to do these jobs. What do you do when they aren't done? no food being picked? No grass verges being mowed? No toilets being cleaned, or other premises. You get a third-world country. Nothing wrong with giving people a liveable wage. Also, don't forget that those minimum wages help keep inflation down. If everybody got paid $100,000 interest rates would go through the roof - supply and demand....everybody would have enough to buy shit, so sellers would put up prices due to scarcity..
Your missing the point. Your station in life is your responsibility irregardless of how much money you make. As to low wages on high demand jobs.....Stop filling them with illegals and the pay will go up for American workers unless the farmer is just gonna say fuck it & let his crop rot.

Untrue. We are at what is commonly known as "full employment" in this nation. Wages suck for a reason other than labor supply.

What could it be?

Think about that.

You are way off.

Is the mulch the cut grass or wood chips?

Wood chips. I buy them...he spreads them.

God isn't needed for man to look upon his fellow man with kind eyes. I'm living proof of this. I know no god....but I'm with you 100% on the disdain for greed and hate.

How the fuck did that happen?

Forum List

Back