Ignore the Haters: Obama Helped Save the U.S. Economy

Yup, everything is still Bush's fault.

Ah, Reagan used this sort of tactic to great effect in his election with Carter. He said "There you go again", it was a way of simply trying to brush off what someone says without actually having to give any opinion or anything. Just pretend you're right and hope it goes away.

Sorry, it might work for a president, but it doesn't work here.

When did the recession start?

What happens in recessions with food stamp program participation historically? Does it matter who's in charge at the time, or who was in charge when the recession started and before the recession started?

:lol:

food-2.jpg

:fu:

DA9D0921FF5542849BA13482E3C28552.ashx

Here's a different chart which might actually tell us what your chart actually says.

There was an increase from 1990 onwards.

LNS14000000_688776_1416431605230.gif

Here's unemployment rates. The rates hit a high in July 1992 at 7.8%. Food stamp participation started to increase in 1990 for 5 years. So when unemployment was going down, food stamp rates were GOING UP. There's a lag in the statistics for food stamps and unemployment and the economy.

Basically, you're showing statistics without understanding what you're posting. In theory food stamp participation should be going down in a couple of years, by my reckoning.

All your stats show is how badly Bush and his buddies messed up the economy with their wars and feeding the rich.

Your chart is horseshit because it doesn't say on it what the variables are. Also, I see no chart showing the increase in food stamps starting in 1990. Btw, who was president during most of the 90s?

Maybe you need to look closer at the first chart. You can lead a whore to the whore house, but you can't make her screw.

Reagan/Bush I's recession caused the spike in 1990-3, then Clinton's policies stopped the spike and brought it down. Then Booosh II brought them up again through the 2000's with a spike after the meltdown. Pub economics suq except for the 1%, hater dupe.

I'm not sure if I agree with what you're saying. I don't believe that presidents have instant success with the economy. Also I'm not 100% sure that presidents have that much impact at all. It depends.

Bush clearly did, his wars caused major problems for the economy. His pumping of the economy also didn't help.

I am an economics dummy. But something a savvy acquaintance recently said makes sense to me.

In a nutshell; the leading cause of the near economic collapse in 2008 was the corrupt and irresponsible actions of the major banks and financial institutions. When Obama took Office he had no idea how to proceed with respect to the economic crisis, so he solicited advice from his cabinet members.

Henry Paulson, who is closely associated with the banking and finance industries, approached Obama on behalf of those industries and presented a simple proposition: either come across with an $850billion "bailout" and allow the finance industries to proceed without interference, and with tacit immunity from any prosecution for past performance, or the banks will step aside and allow the economy to collapse.

Obama shook hands with that arrangement and the result is a tentatively restored economy with a $17trillion national debt, 80% of the Nation's wealth resources in the hands of 4% of the population, and a stagnant, declining middle class.

The alternative was for Obama to seize control of the banks, prosecute the crooked bankers, proceed by emulating the relevant aspects of FDR's New Deal, i.e. imposing a 90% progressive assets tax on the super-rich, and putting unemployed Americans to work rebuilding the infrastructure.

Obama could have done that. And I believe Dennis Kucinich would have done that.

that must be why the people voted them out of house after two years and the senate four years later

I am an economics dummy. But something a savvy acquaintance recently said makes sense to me.

In a nutshell; the leading cause of the near economic collapse in 2008 was the corrupt and irresponsible actions of the major banks and financial institutions. When Obama took Office he had no idea how to proceed with respect to the economic crisis, so he solicited advice from his cabinet members.

Henry Paulson, who is closely associated with the banking and finance industries, approached Obama on behalf of those industries and presented a simple proposition: either come across with an $850billion "bailout" and allow the finance industries to proceed without interference, and with tacit immunity from any prosecution for past performance, or the banks will step aside and allow the economy to collapse.

Obama shook hands with that arrangement and the result is a tentatively restored economy with a $17trillion national debt, 80% of the Nation's wealth resources in the hands of 4% of the population, and a stagnant, declining middle class.

The alternative was for Obama to seize control of the banks, prosecute the crooked bankers, proceed by emulating the relevant aspects of FDR's New Deal, i.e. imposing a 90% progressive assets tax on the super-rich, and putting unemployed Americans to work rebuilding the infrastructure.

Obama could have done that. And I believe Dennis Kucinich would have done that.
Nope- Paulson and W did that in October/November 2008- It's called TARP. That was a bailout for Wall St. cronies who caused the Bush World Depression.

Obama produced a bi-partisan STIMULUS in March or so 2010 that helped state gov'ts, jobs, tax breaks etc. It and TARP, Fed payments, and UE/Welfare assistance turned around the economy and averted the worst effects. Only cost about 6-7 trillion so far. UE/Welfare assistance for Booosh victims is almost all of the deficit still, about 400 billion...

Many thanks to mindless party first Pubs for refusing a Jobs Act and causing multiple phony crises, each hitting growth at least 1%. Could have had 3.5% growth like now years earlier. Hopefully the delay won't cause another world slump. Actually, already has. GD a-holes and silly hater dupes...

Obama s Economic Record Is Strong Even Though Wages Are Stagnant New Republic

I call him Superman, seems many who know what they are talking about, agree.

Imagine if rightwingers bent on destroying Obama and the country, if necessary, wouldnt insist on austerity...

To understand just how damaging austerity is, one has to look no further than Europe. Forced by Germany into steep austerity, Greece, Italy and Spain have taken drastic steps to cut their spending. But that hasn’t unlocked stronger economic growth, as conservative economic theory predicted. Instead,unemployment is at 27 percent, 12.3 percent and 24.4 percent in those three countries respectively. In the Euro area, the unemployment rate is still 11.5 percent.
I call him the Head N1gger in Charge. He is in charge of the worst economic performance ever. The highest levels of spending, the biggest deficit, the lowest credit rating, the most out of the workforce in decades, the biggest government dependents, and the msot food stamps.

I will be interested to see what excuses you all will have to hate Hillary when she is president. Surely that she is a Woman will be one, but like Obama she is VERY mainstream and uncontroversial.

Will the country survive unprecedented obstruction and hate from the right?

We will see...BTW, the entire planet agrees with Democrats and Liberals and is anti austerity and realizes what the opposition to Obama is about...EVERYBODY asks us when we are abroad what in the world is wrong with you people.

You are in a minority of the human race big time and soon you will be a minority in America...you already are as to your political beliefs...

I will be interested to see what excuses you all will have to hate Hillary when she is president. Surely that she is a Woman will be one, but like Obama she is VERY mainstream and uncontroversial.

Will the country survive unprecedented obstruction and hate from the right?

We will see...BTW, the entire planet agrees with Democrats and Liberals and is anti austerity and realizes what the opposition to Obama is about...EVERYBODY asks us when we are abroad what in the world is wrong with you people.

You are in a minority of the human race big time and soon you will be a minority in America...you already are as to your political beliefs...
Hillary will not run. SHe will not get the nomination. She will not win.
Get over it.

Imagine if rightwingers bent on destroying Obama and the country, if necessary, wouldnt insist on austerity...

To understand just how damaging austerity is, one has to look no further than Europe. Forced by Germany into steep austerity, Greece, Italy and Spain have taken drastic steps to cut their spending. But that hasn’t unlocked stronger economic growth, as conservative economic theory predicted. Instead,unemployment is at 27 percent, 12.3 percent and 24.4 percent in those three countries respectively. In the Euro area, the unemployment rate is still 11.5 percent.
I call him the Head N1gger in Charge. He is in charge of the worst economic performance ever. The highest levels of spending, the biggest deficit, the lowest credit rating, the most out of the workforce in decades, the biggest government dependents, and the msot food stamps.
All republicans call him the N word, it is just a few of you willing to say it in mixed company...the whole world knows about you disgusting racist pigs...

And we know why you desperately keep buying more and more guns, I am convinced you wont be satisfied until you have either killed or displaced all minorities, liberals, Democrats, etc

All republicans call him the N word, it is just a few of you willing to say it in mixed company...the whole world knows about you disgusting racist pigs...
S0n, you're a troll. Face it.

Spending on food stamps has gone down as 10 million jobs produced, but since Pubs won't pass a living wage more people are eligible for SOME food stamps, hater dupe functional moron.
Cons view most on food stamps as minorities, cons or most of them hate minorities. Obama as I said has been remarkably successful, imagine if he didnt have to contend with a political movement hell bent on destroying him at any cost.

....imagine if he didnt have to contend with a political movement....

Pesky democracy. If only we could be like China for a while, eh comrade?

You think China is Communist huh? Ha!

Not familiar with Tom Friedman huh?

Stupid AND racist lol. Ever heard of the corrupt Bush SECOND Pub Great World Depression? Brainwashed functional moron.

I think it is a sock, personally.

S0n, you're a troll. Face it.

Spending on food stamps has gone down as 10 million jobs produced, but since Pubs won't pass a living wage more people are eligible for SOME food stamps, hater dupe functional moron.
Cons view most on food stamps as minorities, cons or most of them hate minorities. Obama as I said has been remarkably successful, imagine if he didnt have to contend with a political movement hell bent on destroying him at any cost.

Not particularly. However I'm very familiar with China.

Not particularly. However I'm very familiar with China.
Capitalism for the rich, communism for the poor. Totalitarianism, whether fascist (capitalism) or communist.

Forum List

Back