Illustration in Pennies of COVID Deaths. For This We Ransacked the World and Our Freedoms? (Best of Best)

I thought conservatards claimed that all life is precious?

That's why you don't keep healthy children out of school for a year, to preserve the lives of very old, very sick people.
My kid didn't stay out of school for a year.

Well that's in then your kid is clearly all the kids in the entire US
Clearly the entire school district would count also since my kid was not the only one in the school district or the state.

That's why you don't keep healthy children out of school for a year, to preserve the lives of very old, very sick people.

The numbers I saw only said "over 50". That is hardly one foot in the grave.

Uh, no. Here is just one chart. 65+ accounted for nearly 80% of all deaths. If you break it down even further, in many places, the most deaths occurred ABOVE the average life span age.

Uh, no. Here is just one chart. 65+ accounted for nearly 80% of all deaths. If you break it down even further, in many places, the most deaths occurred ABOVE the average life span age.

So the elderly are disposable?

And abortions don't kill humans just an embryo.

Of course it is. As long as preserving that life doesn't inconvenience them and prevent them from going bowling or getting a haircut. Or, god forbid, having to wear a mask in the grocery store for 30 minutes.
Commitment to an ideology creates binary, all-or-nothing thinking. Something is either all good or all bad.

Try as I might, I still don't know how to penetrate that.

Of course it is. As long as preserving that life doesn't inconvenience them and prevent them from going bowling or getting a haircut. Or, god forbid, having to wear a mask in the grocery store for 30 minutes.

Someone owns that bowling alley and lost income from having it shut down. Same with the salon. We do NOT have the right to take people's livelihoods away to protect the lives of others. We've never operated on that principle before, and should not have in this instance. It is criminal.

If your life and health are threatened, than it is on YOU to take steps to protect it. You don't ask others to give up their INCOME to protect you. Nope.

Commitment to an ideology creates binary, all-or-nothing thinking. Something is either all good or all bad.

Try as I might, I still don't know how to penetrate that.

Sigh, if only the lessers would listen to your wisdom from on high Mac. Sadly, they're just not as enlightened as you

We know, we know. Puke

Someone owns that bowling alley and lost income from having it shut down. Same with the salon. We do NOT have the right to take people's livelihoods away to protect the lives of others. We've never operated on that principle before, and should not have in this instance. It is criminal.

If your life and health are threatened, than it is on YOU to take steps to protect it. You don't ask others to give up their INCOME to protect you. Nope.

I lost 5 friends to covid-19 last year. 3 were under the age of 50 with no serious medical issues. One was a respiratory therapist in excellent health before covid.

The idea that only the old and the sick died is nonsense.

Elderly should not ask younger people to give up the lives THEY enjoyed when they were younger to protect their lives NOW. Absolutely not. That doesn't mean they're disposable. It means they shouldn't be selfish.

Tell me this brilliantly simple illustration isn't shocking to you. Even I was shocked and I thought I had a pretty good grasp.

That was a pretty stupid demonstration. What human besides yourself is only worth a penny?

If what happens in human history all to many times, occurs in the near future or your lifetime if young, then those pennies may be valuable while life will be much cheaper.

I lost 5 friends to covid-19 last year. 3 were under the age of 50 with no serious medical issues. One was a respiratory therapist in excellent health before covid.

Wow, I'm sorry to hear that. And surprised. I have kept a list. I was in an early hot spot, and we had three surges here. I know well over 50 people who had covid and only know 1 who died. I didn't really know him, but my husband did. A few hospitalized, and most with mild illness.

ETA: But your anecdotes, and mine, do not change the stats. The stats say that the vast majority of people who pass from Covid are very old and pretty sick. That's the data.

What was done to my students is, frankly, unforgiveable.

Elderly should not ask younger people to give up the lives THEY enjoyed when they were younger to protect their lives NOW. Absolutely not. That doesn't mean they're disposable. It means they shouldn't be selfish.

The younger people gave up a year of their lives, to literally save the lives of how many elderly and infirm? Sounds like a good trade. Which is more important, lives or money?

In a lot of ways we erred on the side of caution. As we're seeing with Missouri right now with over a thousand new cases a day...it's a costly error when you do not.
We know so little

By your post I assume Missouri is seeing more cases

And I suppose you want blame that on conservatives

But south korea is doing everything Dr Fauci wants America to do and they getting hammered by a so-called 4 th wave

And their economy is suffering

So who really knows what is right?

South Korea has tightened Covid-19 restrictions in Seoul and nearby regions after the country posted a second consecutive record increase in coronavirus infections, many of which are suspected to be of the highly contagious Delta variant.

This is the first time the Korean nation has been forced to impose curbs of the strictest level, as the country has so far managed to contain the outbreak better than many nations.

I believe that this bio weapon must attack certain weaknesses that individuals may have and it makes them a host. They can be healthy but something in their bodies is open to the virus. Also, the older you are the more suseptable you may be. This was engineered. And we have lost rights and a lot less people with tyrants showing themselves front and center over it.

The younger people gave up a year of their lives, to literally save the lives of how many elderly and infirm? Sounds like a good trade. Which is more important, lives or money?

We are just going to have to disagree, and I will add one more thing. This could have ONLY happened because our society is mostly secular now. We have an older population holding on to their lives with a white knuckled grip, even into their mid-80s, to the point where they will see their own grand and great-grandchildren suffer because they are unsure or even afraid of what comes next.

Simply, they are not at peace with it, as so many generations before have been.

Because of that, the children had to suffer. A bitter shame.

When the time comes for America,........money.

When the time comes for America,........money.

Of course it is not just money. It is people's businesses, their livelihood. Businesses that have been in the family maybe for generations. And then, the family's home. Then, their mental health, their marriage. This has an impact that echoes for generations.

I'm not saying we shouldn't have protected the vulnerable--clearly we should have. But keeping everything locked down for week after week, month after month--schools, when we had clear and convincing data and children did NOT spread this virus. Just a colossal mistake.

Forum List

Back