I'm freezing Cold!! .... Global Warming or Climate Change??

Ever heard of Global Cooling!?!
GlobalCooling.JPG

What were climate scientists predicting in the 1970s?

To eliminate the 2 decade pause,
What do you mean, 'now'? This record set has been available for a long time. That you've sucked some cherry picked data packaged as a pause by deniers is not the fault of climate scientists.
To eliminate the 2 decade pause,
What do you mean, 'now'? This record set has been available for a long time. That you've sucked some cherry picked data packaged as a pause by deniers is not the fault of climate scientists.

figure-3.png

No link to the page, no reference for where the data came from or what it's measuring and an upwards sloping line supposedly showing a reduced value when the trend is actually given as 0.03 °C per decade. So what, the rate of increase did not actually stop, it just reduced? Which means it was faster both before and after in both your and Bob's mind?

Last edited:
Oh, Bob Tisdale, an 'independent climate researcher'. Got his qualifications at all? I couldn't find any. So, not a climate scientist. I thought so, some cherry picked data by a denier.

Last edited:
And ffs. David Rose (born 21 July 1959) is a British author and investigative journalist. What a clown you are. Well, maybe that's a little harsh. A sucker for cherry picked data from deniers fer shure.

What a hoot...

His journalism on climate has been criticised by climate scientists and environmentalists for an over-reliance on unsound and unscientific sources, cherry-picking and manufactured data.[30][31][32][33] Rose has also been criticised repeatedly by the United Kingdom's national weather service, the Met Office.[34][35][36][37] Rose defended his position in an article for The Mail on Sunday in which he stated that he accepted the scientific evidence of global warming, complaining that he had been unfairly vilified as a "climate change denier" and threatened.[38] In May 2015, he wrote an article for The Guardian on climate change, energy policy, coal and solar energy in India.[39]

The Mail on Sunday was criticised by Independent Press Standards Organisation (IPSO) in September 2017 for the February publication of an article by Rose which falsely suggested information from the American National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) had been used to overstress the extent of global warming. Not all of the other points in the complaint against Rose's article were upheld.[40]
David Rose (journalist) - Wikipedia

i live in a Normally cold area , i like it , cold weather generally keeps 'rif raff' in warm weather areas . See 'hawaii' , kalifornia , puerto rico for proof of my words .
---------------------------------- well its true , see all the places i mention . kalifornia for example sucks except for Northern in the rural areas . 'puerto rico' , i don't think that i need provide any info on the falling down island do i ?? And then outside of the USA and south of the USA border all we have is falling down and poor but warm and sometimes tropical countries where the impoverished head north to invade the USA to try to escape crime and poverty and starvation TNHarley .

Buried deep in snow and below zero temperatures along the East coast.

I can't remember if this is the result of Global warming or Climate change?

Or is there a new PC term we are supposed to use?? ..... :dunno:
Science is a process of incremental improvements in understanding the unknown. If you had a mind for it, you'd know that. Terminology changing to better describe what is happening is not a negative thing.

Yeah there is a new term, it's called "winter".Not used very much anymore..

Science is a process of incremental improvements in understanding the unknown. If you had a mind for it, you'd know that. Terminology changing to better describe what is happening is not a negative thing.

So the science is settled?

kill me

I happen to love cold weather....looking out the window from a nice warm cottage with a big fireplace and my pets and warm soup....and wine and warm socks.....

I do mean this.....I adore cold weather....if I am in a safe inside warm place with people I tend to love :biggrin:

Back in the Army, I loved camping out when it snowed. There is something magical about seeing a virgin snow covered field under silver moonlight at midnight.

A person who hasnt seen it cannot imagine it.

Yep, lol

No More Snow?

For well over a decade now, climate alarmists have been claiming that snow would soon become a thing of the past. In March 2000, for example, “senior research scientist” David Viner, working at the time for the Climatic Research Unit (CRU) at the University of East Anglia, told the U.K. Independent that within “a few years,” snowfall would become “a very rare and exciting event” in Britain. “Children just aren’t going to know what snow is,” he was quoted as claiming in the article, headlined “Snowfalls are now just a thing of the past.”

The very next year, snowfall across the United Kingdom increased by more than 50 percent. In 2008, perfectly timed for a “global warming” legislation debate in Parliament, London saw its first October snow since 1934 — or possibly even 1922, according to the U.K. Register. “It is unusual to have snow this early,” a spokesperson for the alarmist U.K. Met office admitted to The Guardiannewspaper. By December of 2009, London saw its heaviest levels of snowfall in two decades. In 2010, the coldest U.K. winter since records began a century ago blanketed the islands with snow.

In early 2004, the CRU’s Viner and other self-styled “experts” warned that skiing in Scotland would soon become just a memory, thanks to alleged global warming. “Unfortunately, it’s just getting too hot for the Scottish ski industry,” Viner told The Guardian. Another “expert,” Adam Watson with the Centre for Ecology and Hydrology, told the paper that the skiing industry in Scotland had less than two decades left to go. Yet in 2013, too much snowkept many Scottish resorts closed. “Nevis Range, The Lecht, Cairngorm, Glenshee and Glencoe all remain closed today due to the heavy snow,” reported OnTheSnow.com on January 4, 2013. Ironically, by 2014, the BBC, citing experts, reported that the Scottish hills had more snow than at any point in seven decades. It also reported that the Nevis Range ski resort could not operate some of its lifts because they were “still buried under unprecedented amounts of snow.”

The IPCC has also been relentlessly hyping the snowless winter scare, along with gullible or agenda-driven politicians. In its 2001 Third Assessment Report, for example, the IPCC claimed “milder winter temperatures will decrease heavy snowstorms.” Again, though, the climate refused to cooperate. The year 2013, the last year for which complete data is available, featured the fourth-highest levels on record, according to data from Rutgers University’s Global Snow Lab. Spring snow cover was the highest in a decade, while data for the fall indicate that it was the fifth highest ever recorded. Last December, meanwhile, brought with it a new high record in Northern Hemisphere snow cover, Global Snow Lab data show.

Blame Global Warming?

After the outlandish predictions of snowless winters failed to materialize, the CRU dramatically changed its tune on snowfall. All across Britain, in fact, global-warming alarmists rushed to blame the record cold and heavy snow experienced in recent years on — you guessed it! — global warming. Less snow: global warming. More snow: global warming. Get it? Good.

Embarrassing Predictions Haunt the Global-Warming Industry

But "snow is a thing of the past", right?

Yep, lol

No More Snow?

For well over a decade now, climate alarmists have been claiming that snow would soon become a thing of the past. In March 2000, for example, “senior research scientist” David Viner, working at the time for the Climatic Research Unit (CRU) at the University of East Anglia, told the U.K. Independent that within “a few years,” snowfall would become “a very rare and exciting event” in Britain. “Children just aren’t going to know what snow is,” he was quoted as claiming in the article, headlined “Snowfalls are now just a thing of the past.”

The very next year, snowfall across the United Kingdom increased by more than 50 percent. In 2008, perfectly timed for a “global warming” legislation debate in Parliament, London saw its first October snow since 1934 — or possibly even 1922, according to the U.K. Register. “It is unusual to have snow this early,” a spokesperson for the alarmist U.K. Met office admitted to The Guardiannewspaper. By December of 2009, London saw its heaviest levels of snowfall in two decades. In 2010, the coldest U.K. winter since records began a century ago blanketed the islands with snow.

In early 2004, the CRU’s Viner and other self-styled “experts” warned that skiing in Scotland would soon become just a memory, thanks to alleged global warming. “Unfortunately, it’s just getting too hot for the Scottish ski industry,” Viner told The Guardian. Another “expert,” Adam Watson with the Centre for Ecology and Hydrology, told the paper that the skiing industry in Scotland had less than two decades left to go. Yet in 2013, too much snowkept many Scottish resorts closed. “Nevis Range, The Lecht, Cairngorm, Glenshee and Glencoe all remain closed today due to the heavy snow,” reported OnTheSnow.com on January 4, 2013. Ironically, by 2014, the BBC, citing experts, reported that the Scottish hills had more snow than at any point in seven decades. It also reported that the Nevis Range ski resort could not operate some of its lifts because they were “still buried under unprecedented amounts of snow.”

The IPCC has also been relentlessly hyping the snowless winter scare, along with gullible or agenda-driven politicians. In its 2001 Third Assessment Report, for example, the IPCC claimed “milder winter temperatures will decrease heavy snowstorms.” Again, though, the climate refused to cooperate. The year 2013, the last year for which complete data is available, featured the fourth-highest levels on record, according to data from Rutgers University’s Global Snow Lab. Spring snow cover was the highest in a decade, while data for the fall indicate that it was the fifth highest ever recorded. Last December, meanwhile, brought with it a new high record in Northern Hemisphere snow cover, Global Snow Lab data show.

Blame Global Warming?

After the outlandish predictions of snowless winters failed to materialize, the CRU dramatically changed its tune on snowfall. All across Britain, in fact, global-warming alarmists rushed to blame the record cold and heavy snow experienced in recent years on — you guessed it! — global warming. Less snow: global warming. More snow: global warming. Get it? Good.

We haven't had a good snowfall in three years, thank goodness...or an ice storm....Thank goodness.Cause when we do get them power goes out and driveways can't be driven up...

A whole 3 years, huh? Lol
Yep, lol

No More Snow?

Blame Global Warming?

We haven't had a good snowfall in three years, thank goodness...or an ice storm....Thank goodness.Cause when we do get them power goers out and driveways can't be driven up...

Forum List

Back