I'm reading that Trump can build a wall with the money earmarked for military...

it would require an act of congress for him to get that money and despite the assertions of our feeble minded brethren, that isn't in the cards.

to get it out of the 2019 budget, he'd have to submit a budget amendment requiring 60 votes in the senate.

i think the repubs are going to get hosed this cycle anyway.
Refuted in 373. Ho hum. :biggrin:

That the military is going to pay for the wall doesn't mean that Mexico is not going to. It looks like Trump's plan all along was to get the big $$$ for the military (he did) and then he can have the wall too, as a Defense item.

As for Mexico,Trump is likely planning to make them pay involuntarily, through remittances$$ control, welfare $ control over $$ cut to Mexicans, repeal of birthright citizenship, etc. Nothing to it, and nothing Mexico can do to stop it.

Next, I think Trump will bill Mexico for reparations of hundreds of Billions$$ of US dollars lost in remittances$$ over the years. :biggrin:

laughing-bullies.jpg

-
It is a Federal matter, thus the Federal military should deal with it.

Border control is only law enforcement in the eyes of a liberal

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Building a wall is not a contradiction from it being a military matter. The military needs to use any means necessary. You seem to be the only one in the discussion who doesn't grasp that

The wall has nothing to do with the military nor does it have anything to do with national security. The only people that doesn't grasp that is the hate wing of the Republican Party.

Defending our borders has nothing to do with defense. Got it.

Just curious what you think the military is for then? Hanging tapestry?

The military is there to fight wars not enforce civilian laws which they are barred from doing.

The military is there to defend the nation, what is more basic to that than defending the very borders that define the nation?

The military cannot enforce civilian law. The Posse Comitatus Act prevents that. If e Mexican or Canadian Army crossed our border then the military could act.

It will make for a great Ad for the Dems...

A cut of Trump leading the cheer that Mexico will pay for the wall and then a cut of Trump taking money from the military to pay for the wall.
That the military is going to pay for the wall doesn't mean that Mexico is not going to. It looks like Trump's plan all along was to get the big $$$ for the military (he did) and then he can have the wall too, as a Defense item.

As for Mexico,Trump is likely planning to make them pay involuntarily, through remittances$$ control, welfare $ control over $$ cut to Mexicans, repeal of birthright citizenship, etc. Nothing to it, and nothing Mexico can do to stop it.

Next, I think Trump will bill Mexico for reparations of hundreds of Billions$$ of US dollars lost in remittances$$ over the years. :biggrin:

Funny how the Trump haters still haven't figured out the Trump MO - that brought him to the top of the real estate world + the POTUS.

In other words, Mexico is not paying for the wall..ever.

-
Building a wall is not a contradiction from it being a military matter. The military needs to use any means necessary. You seem to be the only one in the discussion who doesn't grasp that

The wall has nothing to do with the military nor does it have anything to do with national security. The only people that doesn't grasp that is the hate wing of the Republican Party.

The military is there to fight wars not enforce civilian laws which they are barred from doing.

The military is there to defend the nation, what is more basic to that than defending the very borders that define the nation?

The military cannot enforce civilian law. The Posse Comitatus Act prevents that. If e Mexican or Canadian Army crossed our border then the military could act.

Defending the border of a nation is not civilian law enforcement, it is the very reason a military exist. The civilians can still man the crossing points and do all the paperwork, the military will just stop anyone that wants to enter illegally, as they are invading our nation.

A cut of Trump leading the cheer that Mexico will pay for the wall and then a cut of Trump taking money from the military to pay for the wall.

Funny how the Trump haters still haven't figured out the Trump MO - that brought him to the top of the real estate world + the POTUS.

In other words, Mexico is not paying for the wall..ever.

If it isn't built before the mid terms nobody is paying for it.

The unemployment rate was 8.0% when Obama took office. It was 4.8% when Trump took office. It is now at 4.1%. While I give Obama no credit for it, I also give Trump no credit for it. We are at full employment.
Why do you give Trump no credit for it ? His economic policies have clearly brought the US economy back to more than good health.

Major polls: 51% approve Trump on economy

Unemployment has been going down since Obama took office. Does Obama deserve any credit? No!! Trump doers not deserve any more credit than Obama.
One of the major affects of Trump's policies are $1 trillion deficits.

Approving does not mean crediting. If they really credited him his approval ratings would be higher.

-

So seriously. You believe that border security isn't a job for the military. Have you ever had an IQ test to see if you have one?

This from the moron that thinks the military is not capable of defending the border without a 30 foot wall to help them

Moving the goal posts. You argued that it was cheaper for the military to chase 6,000 people around the desert a day than build a wall and only back up the wall. Now it's you're having a dick measuring contest where the military wants to chase 6,000 people around the desert every day.

Maybe they could, but why would they want to do that?

You're fully aware of the cost to do that, you're banking on Democrat voters continuing to get through

After a couple days I of our boys using them for target practice the 6000 will drop to about 6 a day. They are not being paid well enough to risk getting lit up by a Cobra

You are a crazy loon. That definitely is illegal.

-

Defending the border of a nation is not civilian law enforcement, it is the very reason a military exist. The civilians can still man the crossing points and do all the paperwork, the military will just stop anyone that wants to enter illegally, as they are invading our nation.

Immigration law is civilian law. The military cannot stop anyone. That excuse is not going to cut it. The military is duty-bound to not follow illegal orders.

After a couple days I of our boys using them for target practice the 6000 will drop to about 6 a day. They are not being paid well enough to risk getting lit up by a Cobra

No Cobras are going to shoot illegal aliens crossing the desert, and you know it. It's your end around that you want illegal aliens to continue to stream into the country to vote for Democrats

Why not, they have been designated as enemy combatants, that is what we do to enemy combatants...trust me on this

Who designated them enemy combatants? As you're an idiot, note that I didn't say I don't consider them enemy combatants. I'm challenging your claim they have been duly designated

Your hero did when he hinted he was going to use DOD money to build his wall...aka Trump's Mt Rushmore

He's not going to be my hero until he does use DOD money to build the wall.

And I gotcha. This is another leftist idiocy where he says enemy combatants can enter trough our lack of a southern border and you lie and say he called everyone entering through the southern border an enemy combatant.

I'd say you're being clever, but wow, you're not. You're just a liar

He cannot use DOD money without Congressional approval. That would require 60 votes in the Senate.

-

So seriously. You believe that border security isn't a job for the military. Have you ever had an IQ test to see if you have one?

This from the moron that thinks the military is not capable of defending the border without a 30 foot wall to help them

Moving the goal posts. You argued that it was cheaper for the military to chase 6,000 people around the desert a day than build a wall and only back up the wall. Now it's you're having a dick measuring contest where the military wants to chase 6,000 people around the desert every day.

You're fully aware of the cost to do that, you're banking on Democrat voters continuing to get through

Are the invading our country or not?

I am reading this from so many on twitter They suggest as it is an omnibus, it is ongoign resolution and only "recommended" to be spent a particular way, but the president has leeway. They said Oama did this very thing when he was president.

So, is this true? Even if it isn't true per se, what is stopping Trump from rightfully deeming the border issue a National Security issue, as he did with tariffs and just build it with the funds? Who can stop him from making this decision?

Money that was appropriated for the border wall/fence and security in 2006, 2009 and 2012 hasn't been spent yet.
Why should the President redirect spending towards the wall if the powers that be aren't going to build it ... :dunno:

As many suggest, let the military build it. All he has to do is buy the panels. Engineers can use the OT

The military in our country does not get overtime!

are you clowns still talking about paying for the wall ith dod money? newsflash- you've got a better chance of the mexican dod paying for it than ours

it would take an act of congress to move that money and the cheeto doesn't have anywhere near the votes
Don't need Congress. Don't need anybody. POTUS is Commander in Chief of the US military. What he says goes. Guess what. It's happening.

Trump Says Military Might Pay for Border Wall Since It's Now 'Rich'

Trump floats using military budget to pay for border wall

Donald Trump: Military Can Pay for Border Wall | National Review

You need to read your links. One of them has this addendum.

"Pentagon and White House officials told the Post that Trump’s idea is unlikely to come to fruition, as it would require approval from an unsympathetic Congress."

are you clowns still talking about paying for the wall ith dod money? newsflash- you've got a better chance of the mexican dod paying for it than ours

it would take an act of congress to move that money and the cheeto doesn't have anywhere near the votes
Don't need Congress. Don't need anybody. POTUS is Commander in Chief of the US military. What he says goes. Guess what. It's happening.

Trump Says Military Might Pay for Border Wall Since It's Now 'Rich'

Trump floats using military budget to pay for border wall

Donald Trump: Military Can Pay for Border Wall | National Review

You need to read your links. One of them has this addendum.

"Pentagon and White House officials told the Post that Trump’s idea is unlikely to come to fruition, as it would require approval from an unsympathetic Congress."

Doh!!!

That is because he is a conman extraordinaire and at buying people off. In other words being part of the swamp.

The military is not going to pay for it without Congressional approval. If that was his plan, he is going to get a real surprise. The Federal Government is governed by the Constitution and laws. Trump cannot override them and do what he wants.

No they are not. A invasion suggest armed troops operating in a organized manner.

it would require an act of congress for him to get that money and despite the assertions of our feeble minded brethren, that isn't in the cards.

to get it out of the 2019 budget, he'd have to submit a budget amendment requiring 60 votes in the senate.

i think the repubs are going to get hosed this cycle anyway.
Refuted in 373. Ho hum. :biggrin:

It has not been refuted. They will need Congressional approval. Congress controls the purse strings even if we were in a declared war.

No they are not. A invasion suggest armed troops operating in a organized manner.

What do you call someone that breaks into your house without your permission?

What do you call someone that breaks into your house without your permission?

a burglar

no one calls the army out for a burglar

try again

Forum List

Back