I'm reading that Trump can build a wall with the money earmarked for military...

-
The military is there to fight wars not enforce civilian laws which they are barred from doing.

The military is there to defend the nation, what is more basic to that than defending the very borders that define the nation?

The military cannot enforce civilian law. The Posse Comitatus Act prevents that. If e Mexican or Canadian Army crossed our border then the military could act.

Defending the border of a nation is not civilian law enforcement, it is the very reason a military exist. The civilians can still man the crossing points and do all the paperwork, the military will just stop anyone that wants to enter illegally, as they are invading our nation.

Immigration law is civilian law. The military cannot stop anyone. That excuse is not going to cut it. The military is duty-bound to not follow illegal orders.

Protecting our borders is not a role for the military. You mentioned that. Repeating an idiotic theory doesn't make it not idiotic

Enforcing civilian law is not a role for the military. You are the one repeating a idiotic theory. I am pointing out law.

Why not, they have been designated as enemy combatants, that is what we do to enemy combatants...trust me on this

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Who designated them enemy combatants? As you're an idiot, note that I didn't say I don't consider them enemy combatants. I'm challenging your claim they have been duly designated

Your hero did when he hinted he was going to use DOD money to build his wall...aka Trump's Mt Rushmore

He's not going to be my hero until he does use DOD money to build the wall.

And I gotcha. This is another leftist idiocy where he says enemy combatants can enter trough our lack of a southern border and you lie and say he called everyone entering through the southern border an enemy combatant.

I'd say you're being clever, but wow, you're not. You're just a liar

He cannot use DOD money without Congressional approval. That would require 60 votes in the Senate.

Laws never stopped King Obama. We'll see

I believe in the rule of law. I don't care what Obama did.

-
Defending our borders has nothing to do with defense. Got it.

Just curious what you think the military is for then? Hanging tapestry?

The military is there to fight wars not enforce civilian laws which they are barred from doing.

The military is there to defend the nation, what is more basic to that than defending the very borders that define the nation?

The military cannot enforce civilian law. The Posse Comitatus Act prevents that. If e Mexican or Canadian Army crossed our border then the military could act.

What does defending our borders have to do with enforcing civil law again?

US Constitution. Article IV. Section 4. "The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government, and shall protect each of them against invasion."

That's check and mate ...

Take that to as judge as see how fast it gets bounced out of court. You clearly have no idea what the Constitution means and the laws of this country.

Right. You're a Constitutional expert who doesn't think the role of the military is to defend our borders.

US Constitution. Article IV. Section 4. "The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government, and shall protect each of them against invasion."

Defending the border of a nation is not civilian law enforcement, it is the very reason a military exist. The civilians can still man the crossing points and do all the paperwork, the military will just stop anyone that wants to enter illegally, as they are invading our nation.

Immigration law is civilian law. The military cannot stop anyone. That excuse is not going to cut it. The military is duty-bound to not follow illegal orders.

Protecting our borders is not a role for the military. You mentioned that. Repeating an idiotic theory doesn't make it not idiotic

Enforcing civilian law is not a role for the military. You are the one repeating a idiotic theory. I am pointing out law.

Who designated them enemy combatants? As you're an idiot, note that I didn't say I don't consider them enemy combatants. I'm challenging your claim they have been duly designated

Your hero did when he hinted he was going to use DOD money to build his wall...aka Trump's Mt Rushmore

He's not going to be my hero until he does use DOD money to build the wall.

And I gotcha. This is another leftist idiocy where he says enemy combatants can enter trough our lack of a southern border and you lie and say he called everyone entering through the southern border an enemy combatant.

I'd say you're being clever, but wow, you're not. You're just a liar

He cannot use DOD money without Congressional approval. That would require 60 votes in the Senate.

Laws never stopped King Obama. We'll see

I believe in the rule of law. I don't care what Obama did.

Right, after eight years of blaming everything from hurricanes to backed up toilets during Obama on W, suddenly you don't care about prior administrations.

The point, simpleton, is that this isn't really a standard to you. You're a hack, partisan liar who's positions ebb and flow depending on red to blue, from R to D ...

Since Trump is a walking, talking Ponzi scheme of a man, his willingness to fudge the numbers to get his way shortly after he signed a $1.3 trillion budget shouldn’t come as surprise. :113:

It's not like he changed the rules and voted before Scott Brown could be sworn in then manipulated reconciliation rules to get it through.

Oh wait, that was Obama and Obamacare, you were OK with that. Your hypocrisy reeks.

BTW, how's the "affordable" in the Affordable Care Act working out for you?

You’re making a complete fool of your fooolish self bud. Clearly you don’t know the law.
You might want to read the Posse Comitatus Act once again....I think you’ve chosen to steer the act to fit your false narrative. You see, the National Guard isn't like the other military branches....the POTUS can use and deploy the Guard almost at will for almost ANY reason he deems necessary.
THINK ONCE FOOL and stop fucking yourself in public

You’re making a complete fool of your fooolish self bud. Clearly you don’t know the law.
You might want to read the Posse Comitatus Act once again....I think you’ve chosen to steer the act to fit your false narrative. You see, the National Guard isn't like the other military branches....the POTUS can use and deploy the Guard almost at will for almost ANY reason he deems necessary.

It's unbelievably idiotic that the military isn't responsible for securing our borders, even for a leftist. They really do see whatever politicians tell them to see

It's unbelievably idiotic that the military isn't responsible for securing our borders, even for a leftist. They really do see whatever politicians tell them to see

Ignorance truly is bliss for scared, foolish LefTards.

Are you legally allowed to use deadly force on an intruder in your house?

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

depends on your jurisdiction- what does that have to do with posse comitatus?

you're not making any headway here, you know.

It has nothing to do with posse comitatus, but it does set the precedent of what happens when someone invades your home. If someone invades my home, they are likely not walking out of it.

I know that people like to apply posse comitatus to border control, but it is mistaken to do so. Defending the border is a basic function of a military.

You are so clueless. Immigration laws are a function of civilian government The military cannot enforce civilian law.

And the civilian government deals with those following the immigration laws. The military deals with those invading our country

There is no invasion. That is so much bullshit.

We have 12-50 million illegal human cockroaches...they have dropped tens of millions of silver tooth money trees in our laps for us to fund.
I’m curious...how do you define an invasion?

My brother and I joke about how we should become Democrats so we don't have to do so much work thinking

My brother and I joke about how we should become Democrats so we don't have to do so much work thinking
LOL

It’s adorable how you infer you do any now.

Wait I thought Trump told us he was going to have Mex pay for the wall. What happened?

The Wall pays for itself...how cool is that?
All we have to do is front the cash...we then watch the ROi fall from the sky. This will prevent our nation from turning completely shit brown...we stop the entire country from becoming a disgusting shithole like Mexifornia and Loon York.
TA-DA!

Wait I thought Trump told us he was going to have Mex pay for the wall. What happened?

The Wall pays for itself...how cool is that?
LOL

Yeah, like my car. :lmao:

Does your car stop you from incurring extra expenses? If so, then yes, just like your car... I would say it’s more like that fence or wall around your house though... you know, the one that deters lowlifes from invading your personal space.

How would that be any different than you are now?

rimshot_by_sagashiindustries.png

Forum List

Back