I'm starting to sour on Trump

He needs to be a man of moral backbone.
He has already failed that miserably.

CYE5GwiUoAAw7_g.jpg

How many of those involved sexual assaults or sexual harassment?
The old bitch grandpa brought up moral backbone. Trump has none.
Marriage has very little to do with morality. Perverts & liberals have destroyed what the sanctity of marriage used to mean.

Good! Now, why don't you read it so you can see where all your misconceptions are not found?

Hmmmm....
Martial Law....

The exercise of government and control by military authorities over the civilian population of a designated territory.

Martial law is an extreme and rare measure used to control society during war or periods of civil unrest or chaos. According to the Supreme Court, the term martial law carries no precise meaning (Duncan v. Kahanamoku, 327 U.S. 304, 66 S. Ct. 606, 90 L. Ed. 688 [1946]). However, most declarations of martial law have some common features. Generally, the institution of martial law contemplates some use of military force. To a varying extent, depending on the martial law order, government military personnel have the authority to make and enforce civil and criminal laws. Certain civil liberties may be suspended, such as the right to be free from unreasonable searches and seizures, freedom of association, and freedom of movement. And the writ of habeas corpus may be suspended (this writ allows persons who are unlawfully imprisoned to gain freedom through a court proceeding).

In the United States, martial law has been instituted on the national level only once, during the Civil War, and on a regional level only once, during world war ii. Otherwise, it has been limited to the states. Uprisings, political protests, labor strikes, and riots have, at various times, caused several state governors to declare some measure of martial law.

Martial law on the national level may be declared by Congress or the president. Under Article I, Section 8, Clause 15, of the Constitution, Congress has the power "[t]o provide for calling forth the Militia to execute the Laws of the Union, suppress insurrections and repel Invasions." Article II, Section 2, Clause 1, of the Constitution declares that "[t]he President shall be Commander in Chief of the Army and Navy of the United States, and of the Militia of the several States, when called into the actual Service of the United States." Neither constitutional provision includes a direct reference to martial law. However, the Supreme Court has interpreted both to allow the declaration of martial law by the president or Congress. On the state level, a governor may declare martial law within her or his own state. The power to do so usually is granted in the state constitution.

Where is the ability to suspend national elections?

His Executive Order! As I continue to state, who or what would stop him?...He's placed all people in HIGH AUTHORITY in the military, either firing, or retiring ones that haven't agreed with him

obama has fired or replaced over 200 high military - Google Search
Just to bring you up today, Obama isn't running. What Obama did or did not do is irrelevant to the discussion.

No it's not, we have progressed into an obuma third term discussion, but I know it's hard for you to keep up!

All through this campaign I've enjoyed the Trumpster keeping the Establishment goobs on their heels, putting forward the issues the American people want addressed and making fools of those who attempt to smear and jeer him. I've admired the way he has taken the typical personal attacks and turned them into political points. The way he has turned political correctness on it's ear is something to behold. I've gone on record to say that he's not my first choice but if he wins the nomination I will support him. However, I am now couching that statement with the fact that I will be most definitely holding my nose if I have to vote for Trump in the general election.

In recent weeks he has changed me from being a tacit supporter to someone who certainly doesn't want him to win the nomination or be the next president. This has nothing to do with anything the liberals or establishment GOP has hurled at him. it's all based upon his own words and actions. I can accept his rhetoric, even when it has been extreme and over the top. Mostly because I realize he is saying things that are resonating as a populist and when it comes down to brass tacks, he will have to work with Congress who isn't going to support extremist rhetoric. So it's not the "far-out" shit that he says sometimes, I can accept all of that.

It started when he began the liberal left tactic of attacking Ted Cruz on his citizenship. He made other comments regarding Cruz and I sort of shrugged those off as typical campaigning. I can overlook a few personal digs here and there but to instigate this sleazy left-wing tactic of criticizing his "natural born" status is too much. Add to that, his most recent call for massive taxation on Wall Street, and I have to pull the plug. That is simply buying into the Marxist rhetoric of the left and not a Conservative principle. I can dig that we need to reform some laws and make it more difficult for hedge fund managers to exploit tax loopholes but to introduce a plan to massively increase taxes across the board is not something I can support.

While I can appreciate that he doesn't employ speech writers or use a teleprompter, he repeatedly ends up contradicting things he said previously. For instance, one week he is supporting Obama's bringing Syrian refugees here... "We've gotta do it!" The very next week he calls for a ban on all Muslims entering the country. He is constantly putting his supporters in the embarrassing position of having to defend his contradictions... not to mention his brash statements.

His latest "tax Wall Street" nonsense sounds more like Bernie Sanders than anything else. This guy is NOT a Conservative and he is proving it for everyone to see. If it all comes down to Trump vs. whatever liberal idiot the Democrats nominate, I'll probably still vote for him with reservations. I don't believe he would nominate radical left wing activists to the court, but maybe I'm wrong about that too? Who knows with this guy? He could very well be working with the Clintons and simply be 'punking' the GOP.
I have a feeling there are a lot of Trump supporters that feel as you do. They want to make a political statement that they are sick of what's going on in Washington but also realize Trump's abrasive personality and lack of experience is going to make it impossible for him do anything that he's promised.

The reason Trump is continually correcting himself is he has no plan to do anything. He's just throwing out ideas which you or I might do when at a local pub or a barbershop. When he's called out on some statement he just throws out another idea and another, often correcting himself.

If you want to see his real position on the issues, read his position statement on his official web site. There is no mention of any mass deportation of illegal immigrants just deportation of felons which is happening right now. He has no position in regard terrorism, nothing at all, no mention of Muslims or Syrian refugees. He has no position on the debt, deficit, or budget, nothing about any social issue, such as gay marriage, abortion. welfare, Medicare, or Obamacare.

Trump's request to trust him is wearing a bit thin.

Well, I've gone one better... I actually read his book which was published long before he decided to run for president. Much of the things he is talking about are in his book and he has been talking about them for years. As I said, I have always admired Trump and was tacitly supporting him. His abrasiveness and brash statements didn't bother me, nor does his lack of being a career hack politician. I actually LIKE those aspects of Trump! All the assorted left-wing complaints about Trump are laughable to me... I don't take them seriously and they have not had any effect on me whatsoever. My angst is purely over what I said in the OP... His attacks on Cruz legitimacy as a candidate and this talk of raising taxes on Wall Street.

Vigilante, you are ranting.

Do you understand that?

And all this time I thought I was discussing and debating.... JakeAss is in left field again, jerking off!
You are ranting, saying utterly stupid things.

One, Obama will leave office quietly.

Two, Trump will not succeed him.

Calm down, you old geezer, you will have a stroke.

I always wondered why a guy with 110,457 messages has such little ratings and Thanks from his fellow subversives... Can you explain that fact to me, JakeAss?

All through this campaign I've enjoyed the Trumpster keeping the Establishment goobs on their heels, putting forward the issues the American people want addressed and making fools of those who attempt to smear and jeer him. I've admired the way he has taken the typical personal attacks and turned them into political points. The way he has turned political correctness on it's ear is something to behold. I've gone on record to say that he's not my first choice but if he wins the nomination I will support him. However, I am now couching that statement with the fact that I will be most definitely holding my nose if I have to vote for Trump in the general election.

In recent weeks he has changed me from being a tacit supporter to someone who certainly doesn't want him to win the nomination or be the next president. This has nothing to do with anything the liberals or establishment GOP has hurled at him. it's all based upon his own words and actions. I can accept his rhetoric, even when it has been extreme and over the top. Mostly because I realize he is saying things that are resonating as a populist and when it comes down to brass tacks, he will have to work with Congress who isn't going to support extremist rhetoric. So it's not the "far-out" shit that he says sometimes, I can accept all of that.

It started when he began the liberal left tactic of attacking Ted Cruz on his citizenship. He made other comments regarding Cruz and I sort of shrugged those off as typical campaigning. I can overlook a few personal digs here and there but to instigate this sleazy left-wing tactic of criticizing his "natural born" status is too much. Add to that, his most recent call for massive taxation on Wall Street, and I have to pull the plug. That is simply buying into the Marxist rhetoric of the left and not a Conservative principle. I can dig that we need to reform some laws and make it more difficult for hedge fund managers to exploit tax loopholes but to introduce a plan to massively increase taxes across the board is not something I can support.

While I can appreciate that he doesn't employ speech writers or use a teleprompter, he repeatedly ends up contradicting things he said previously. For instance, one week he is supporting Obama's bringing Syrian refugees here... "We've gotta do it!" The very next week he calls for a ban on all Muslims entering the country. He is constantly putting his supporters in the embarrassing position of having to defend his contradictions... not to mention his brash statements.

His latest "tax Wall Street" nonsense sounds more like Bernie Sanders than anything else. This guy is NOT a Conservative and he is proving it for everyone to see. If it all comes down to Trump vs. whatever liberal idiot the Democrats nominate, I'll probably still vote for him with reservations. I don't believe he would nominate radical left wing activists to the court, but maybe I'm wrong about that too? Who knows with this guy? He could very well be working with the Clintons and simply be 'punking' the GOP.
Wasn't it the GOP who questioned Obama's citizenship?

Oh yea we did it to McCain because he wasn't born in America either.

Every night after campaigning, Trump flies home and sleeps in his own bed, instead of staying in the State he is campaigning in....

when asked about this and why he did this flying back and forth every single night in one of his Trump jets, his answer was that he had a Business to run and had to spend time in New York every day running his enterprise.

WHAT IS HE GOING TO DO WITH HIS COMPANY
If he is President?

Can he really be President and continue to run his enterprises as well as the Presidency? Or will we have conflicts of interests?

Or will he hand it all over to someone else for 4 years?

Has anyone in the media asked him this question?

His SONS take over, they are V.P of the company and have followed their fathers guidance for years!
His sons? Preferably his daughter Ivanka! :D

But if any of them are ready, why wouldn't they have picked up the slack while he's been campaigning, so he wouldn't have to fly back to NYC every single day?

All three of his children are Executive VPs and Ivanka is in charge of acquisitions and holdings. She would probably take over the role of CEO. I'm sure they are already picking up the slack while he is campaigning. I don't think he HAS to fly back to NYC every day... he does so because he wants to. It's obviously not interfering with his campaign as he is leading in every national poll.

You should be far more concerned with how Hillary is going to carry out the duties of president from her federal prison cell.... shouldn't you???
NOPE! Not worried at all 'bout that, most ALL of the hype have been proven to be lies, twists, turns and spins.... but hey! It's an election cycle!

Well the FBI isn't lying when they say they have an email of her instructing a federal employee to commit a felony. I know the left will ultimately try to spin all her woes into a yarn of "vast right-wing conspiracy" but the Justice Department and FBI can't sweep this under the rug for her. They've now got over 1,200 emails she denied ever sending and lied to Congress about, and that's not counting the emails they continue to recover from her wiped hard drive. State Department officials are now using the term "critical mass" to define the hot water she is in.... this isn't going away.

Do you understand that?

And all this time I thought I was discussing and debating.... JakeAss is in left field again, jerking off!

I always wondered why a guy with 110,457 messages has such little ratings and Thanks from his fellow subversives... Can you explain that fact to me, JakeAss?
I have more points than almost anyone, kid. The far right reactionary subversives hit my ratings hard for years before we broke their neg rep backs. They have been squalling ever since.

Calm down, old man, you are spazzing.

No, it was actually one of Hillary's PACs who started the whole "Birther movement" during the 2008 primaries. Republicans did question the lack of any access to records on Obama and they had every reason to. Yep, you tried it with McCain, it's been tried with other candidates through the years and it never amounts to anything because the SCOTUS is never going to overturn the votes of the American people. It hasn't ever happened and it won't happen with Cruz.

He's talking about HEDGE FUNDS that make BILLIONS and pay little to NO TAX! He isn't talking about us SMALL PEOIPLE that own stock or have stocks in a retirement fund... he's stated this several times.

Trump: close hedge fund tax loophole - Connecticut Post
www.ctpost.com/.../Trump-close-hedge-fund-tax-looph...
Connecticut Post
Sep 17, 2015 - In Wednesday's Republican presidential debate, Trump called for closing a loophole on how money management fees earned by hedge fund, ...

Well then he needs to be more careful about what he says. Closing a loophole is not "raising taxes" it's closing a loophole that prevents paying of taxes. I have no problem with closing a loophole for billionaire hedge fund managers. But that's NOT what he said.

This is what I am reading.... if the elections were held today Trump would win..... so OP...sour or not....that is the reality of the situation.

Trump Could Win It All
Elections are not being held today..............We are a long way off for the whole she bang...............A lot can happen in that time. Primaries..............well they are coming up pretty fast.

Cruz will probably win Iowa with Trump a close second, as Iowa is a HUGE Evangelical state and Cruz is heavy on Religion where Trump isn't. After that Trump will take everything except, perhaps California with it's heavy Hispanic population which Cruz again appeals to!
Perhaps. Doesn't change my lack of trust for him. In the general election I'll vote for him. Hell would have to Freeze over to vote for the Hildabeast.
I've always thought their should be another choice on the ballot, "None of the Above". Send both parties back to find a better candidate.

Do you understand that?

I have more points than almost anyone, kid. The far right reactionary subversives hit my ratings hard for years before we broke their neg rep backs. They have been squalling ever since.

Calm down, old man, you are spazzing.

I believe that's BULLSHIT, as I was here when YOU and your SUBVERSIVE FRIENDS were playing REP FROG, so everyone of the NeoCommies could get a much higher REP score than anyone else!...I think, IF I LOOK CLOSELY, and take some time, I even have a post by you saying you do it to increase your REP, which has turned into RATINGS under this new system! You're such a fucking fool and liar, but I do enjoy the entertainment you provide!

No, it was actually one of Hillary's PACs who started the whole "Birther movement" during the 2008 primaries. Republicans did question the lack of any access to records on Obama and they had every reason to. Yep, you tried it with McCain, it's been tried with other candidates through the years and it never amounts to anything because the SCOTUS is never going to overturn the votes of the American people. It hasn't ever happened and it won't happen with Cruz.
When I told 2 Republicans at work Cruz was born in Canada they said

A. They didn't know that
B. They wouldn't vote for him.

They also admitted Romney being a Mormon bothered them.

Oh, and it was Gw bush who told north or south carolina that McCain fathered his black adopted daughter with a mistress. So when Cruz cries about his monkey daughters, tell him to ask bush what it takes to win the GOP nominee. You have to sell your soul. Lie cheat and steal. Otherwise you haven't won since hw bush rode Reagan's coattails into 1 term.

Yup, we broke the neg rep back of your folks, Vigilante, so very easily, and you are still crying and raging about it. Ratings are the attempt by the cons to have something that means something: it does not. The Trophy Points do. And you are far behind. You will always be far behind.

I love the way he stomps on the Leftard media, but he is not Presidential material.

he doesn't "stomp" on anyone ....

but whatever makes you feel better.
No, he doesn't stomp on the Leftard media.

He puts them in a food blender and makes margaritas with them.

But that's about his best advantage.
It's like you're running don tickles or Andrew dice clay
People are tired of our unaccountable political class. It's going to get ugly in 2017 when things are still the same.

Yup, we broke the neg rep back of your folks, Vigilante, so very easily, and you are still crying and raging about it. Ratings are the attempt by the cons to have something that means something: it does not. The Trophy Points do. And you are far behind. You will always be far behind.

Trophy points are for LONGEVITY on USMB, You came here in 2009, I came here in 2014.... And you still have NO RATINGS even close to mine with FOUR YEARS and SEVEN MONTHS longer time to do something besides TROLLING! :badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::321:

I love the way he stomps on the Leftard media, but he is not Presidential material.

he doesn't "stomp" on anyone ....

but whatever makes you feel better.
No, he doesn't stomp on the Leftard media.

He puts them in a food blender and makes margaritas with them.

But that's about his best advantage.
It's like you're running don tickles or Andrew dice clay
People are tired of our unaccountable political class. It's going to get ugly in 2017 when things are still the same.
Nah. Things are getting better. Feels like the 90s again.

Why are you struggling that bad?

The people struggling the most don't even vote in midterms. Trust me they ain't gonna do shit

Forum List

Back