imagine a GOP senate candidate saying this if a liberal justice died

February 22, 2009
Categories:

Bunning: Ginsburg will be dead in nine months
Sen. Jim Bunning (R-Ky.), already in political trouble for 2010, didn’t help matters any over the weekend.

At a Lincoln Day Dinner speech over the weekend, Bunning predicted that Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg would likely be dead from pancreatic cancer in nine months, according to the Louisville Courier-Journal.

Let me help you out. Medical EXPERTS say the same thing when it comes to the disease.

Well lo and behold that doesn't change the fact it was a cheap shot 7 years ago and she survived.

She's the exception because the general rule, even at Stage 1 is less than 5 years. Funny how you consider the exception the rule.

I didn't consider anything besides the fact that she is one tough bitch at her age. The very idea of beating down PC at that age is unheard of.

You got one thing right, the bitch part.

Nets Silent on Dem Senate Candidate Celebrating Death of Justice Scalia

And my friends, a lot of average citizens out there don’t understand the importance of that court,” Ted Strickland declared during an AFL-CIO event, “I mean, the death of Scalia saved labor from a terrible decision.”

Well, he's a Dumbocrap and that automatically gives him a pass from the Lame Street Media. And, of course that same group gives lots of air time to Trump's so-called call for violence. No wonder their rates are down so far.

Story w/video @ Nets Silent on Dem Senate Candidate Celebrating Death of Justice Scalia

Seems Ted Strickland applauded the death of Scalia. One of the Liberal idiots on here brought up Jim Bunning from Kentucky and his statement predicting Ginsburg would be dead from pancreatic cancer within 9 months. Difference is medical experts put about that time frame on it, too.

You lie. He did not applaud the death. Stop lying.

That's how I and many others took it.
That's how the spin machine meant for you to take it.

You mean like the spin machine with the recent Trump 2nd amendment comment told you how to take it?

February 22, 2009
Categories:

Sen. Jim Bunning (R-Ky.), already in political trouble for 2010, didn’t help matters any over the weekend.

At a Lincoln Day Dinner speech over the weekend, Bunning predicted that Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg would likely be dead from pancreatic cancer in nine months, according to the Louisville Courier-Journal.

Let me help you out. Medical EXPERTS say the same thing when it comes to the disease.

Well lo and behold that doesn't change the fact it was a cheap shot 7 years ago and she survived.

She's the exception because the general rule, even at Stage 1 is less than 5 years. Funny how you consider the exception the rule.

I didn't consider anything besides the fact that she is one tough bitch at her age. The very idea of beating down PC at that age is unheard of.

So you're no different from a Senate candidate you criticize. Well this thread is over quick.

So you're no different from a Senate candidate you criticize. Well this thread is over quick.

You said she was a bitch. I simply agreed.

I could actually imagine any of them saying far worse. I do not celebrate his death but from a purely political standpoint he really did pick an inconvenient time to die (for conservatives).

You can imagine? This isn't imaginary. It happened. Do you condone it or condemn it?
I agree with what he said and pretty much said the same thing. He didn't say "I'm glad the guy is dead", he offered a political analysis of the situation brought about by his death as having a positive effect on cases before the court. I detect nothing personal or mean.

So the double standard? Got it.
I have no double standard. If the situation were reversed I would not be offended at all. I actually consider context and carefully pick what to get outraged about. If the comments in question were something along the lines of "Scalia was a horrible judge and the best thing he ever did was die" I would think it in very bad taste.

Nets Silent on Dem Senate Candidate Celebrating Death of Justice Scalia

And my friends, a lot of average citizens out there don’t understand the importance of that court,” Ted Strickland declared during an AFL-CIO event, “I mean, the death of Scalia saved labor from a terrible decision.”

Well, he's a Dumbocrap and that automatically gives him a pass from the Lame Street Media. And, of course that same group gives lots of air time to Trump's so-called call for violence. No wonder their rates are down so far.

Story w/video @ Nets Silent on Dem Senate Candidate Celebrating Death of Justice Scalia

Seems Ted Strickland applauded the death of Scalia. One of the Liberal idiots on here brought up Jim Bunning from Kentucky and his statement predicting Ginsburg would be dead from pancreatic cancer within 9 months. Difference is medical experts put about that time frame on it, too.

You mean like the spin machine with the recent Trump 2nd amendment comment told you how to take it?
Why are you trying to argue off topic on your own thread? I took his comments as irresponsible by pandering lies to the most paranoid people in America, that's it.

I could actually imagine any of them saying far worse. I do not celebrate his death but from a purely political standpoint he really did pick an inconvenient time to die (for conservatives).

You can imagine? This isn't imaginary. It happened. Do you condone it or condemn it?
I agree with what he said and pretty much said the same thing. He didn't say "I'm glad the guy is dead", he offered a political analysis of the situation brought about by his death as having a positive effect on cases before the court. I detect nothing personal or mean.

So the double standard? Got it.
I have no double standard. If the situation were reversed I would not be offended at all. I actually consider context and carefully pick what to get outraged about. If the comments in question were something along the lines of "Scalia was a horrible judge and the best thing he ever did was die" I would think it in very bad taste.

When the statement that was made means the same thing, in context, there is no difference than if that had actually been said.

Why are you trying to argue off topic on your own thread? I took his comments as irresponsible by pandering lies to the most paranoid people in America, that's it.

It's not my thread. If you can't pay attention any better than that, no one believes you when you lie about not having a double standard. Thanks for the proof you're an idiot and a liar.

February 22, 2009
Categories:

Regardless of what Strickland said.

I'll be as happy the day she goes as I was the day Ted Kennedy died.

I will celebrate the death of a quack liberal constitution burning asshole any day of the week and she qualifies.

Dem Senate candidate: Scalia's death 'happened at a good time'

It would be national news, the board looney left would have a fit. But since this is a dem saying this a about the late Justice Scalia it won't matter.

Scalia was a NaziCon asshole!

And you are a worthless piece of garbage.

That makes Scalia far more valuable as a justice and human being than you'll ever hope to be.
Don't be mean to Shittingbull

Dem Senate candidate: Scalia's death 'happened at a good time'

It would be national news, the board looney left would have a fit. But since this is a dem saying this a about the late Justice Scalia it won't matter.

Scalia was a NaziCon asshole!

And you are a worthless piece of garbage.

That makes Scalia far more valuable as a justice and human being than you'll ever hope to be.
Don't be mean to Shittingbull

Just stating "the facts" as she likes to call them.

February 22, 2009
Categories:

Bunning is no longer in the Senate. And since when is quoting a medical experts opinion a cheap shot?

It strict me as an honest assessment of the situation, but yes I would have to say my preference would be that the shoe was on the other foot and one of the liberals had passed. I could have been enjoying the liberals fake outrage at such a statement.

February 22, 2009
Categories:

Bunning is no longer in the Senate. And since when is quoting a medical experts opinion a cheap shot?

Since the OP is a question of ethical tact, this applies equally.

"The paper reports that Bunning reiterated his support of conservative judges, saying “that’s going to be in place very shortly because Ruth Bader Ginsburg…has cancer.”

“Bad cancer. The kind you don’t get better from,” Bunning went on. “Even though she was operated on, usually nine months is the longest that anybody would live after being diagnosed with pancreatic cancer.”

This proved to be quite a stink for Bunning and there was discussion of running a primary campaign against Bunning with Mitch McConnell tasked to survey an opponent.

February 22, 2009
Categories:

"The paper reports that Bunning reiterated his support of conservative judges, saying “that’s going to be in place very shortly because Ruth Bader Ginsburg…has cancer.”

“Bad cancer. The kind you don’t get better from,” Bunning went on. “Even though she was operated on, usually nine months is the longest that anybody would live after being diagnosed with pancreatic cancer.”

This proved to be quite a stink for Bunning and there was discussion of running a primary campaign against Bunning with Mitch McConnell tasked to survey an opponent.

Bunning is no longer in the Senate. Didn't you get the memo?

February 22, 2009
Categories:

Bunning is no longer in the Senate. Didn't you get the memo?

What didn't you understand about this being ethically similar to the OP?

Water is wet
The sun is hot
Puppies are cute
& There are seperate rules for Liberals

The sooner people accept that the sooner they will eliminate a source of un-ending frustration.

Forum List

Back