🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Impact of the NFL National Anthem Controversy

It's his form of protest. And, it's a hell of a lot more peaceful than most.

I repeat: What does taking a knee have to do with our flag or national anthem? Which of them is he protesting?

Do you have a reading disability?

He's taking a knee as a way to protest what is going on in this country with regard to black people being shot by police. He's taking the knee during the anthem as a form of protest because the anthem and the flag represent this country.

And..............I support him. For 20 years, I served in the U.S. Navy, and my oath said that I would support and defend the CONSTITUTION of this country, against all enemies, foreign and domestic. Nothing was mentioned about the flag or the anthem. If I support and defend the Constitution, I also need to realize that it gives citizens the right of free speech in this country, and even if I don't like what they are saying, I will still defend their right to do so.

Even if it is someone stupid in this country, trying to take the right of free speech away from another citizen, because the oath was against ALL enemies, meaning those who are in this country as well.

I swore my oath to the Constitution.

He's taking a knee as a way to protest what is going on in this country with regard to black people being shot by police. He's taking the knee during the anthem as a form of protest because the anthem and the flag represent this country.

Follow the logic...:banghead:

Follow the logic...:banghead:

Guess you totally missed the rest of my post where I said that my allegiance in my oath of enlistment wasn't to the flag or the anthem, but to the Constitution, which allows citizens the right of free speech, even if I don't agree with it.

Forum List

Back