In 2016... What the hell does "Gay" even mean?

Personally I don't care what it means, because liberals shift meanings to suit themselves for the moment. Take two guys in prison that had girlfriends. They engage in sex. At what point do they become "gay"? If they like it but went back to their girlfriends when they got out, were they ever gay? It's a state on mind like so much with liberalism. It's moral relativism. Now it's down to defining your gender the way you want.

I think gay is slang for homosexual. How did you get so confused about what gay means?

Well okay.. so what makes one a "homosexual" then? Do you have to engage in homosexual relations? Or is it just the simple attraction that makes you gay? And what if you are some combination of both? Or any of the myriad of examples I presented? Where do we actually define this "gayness" thing?

It's not that hard. homosexual is someone that is attracted to the same sex. Why is that so hard?
*snicker* You said "hard". twice.

Personally I don't care what it means, because liberals shift meanings to suit themselves for the moment. Take two guys in prison that had girlfriends. They engage in sex. At what point do they become "gay"? If they like it but went back to their girlfriends when they got out, were they ever gay? It's a state on mind like so much with liberalism. It's moral relativism. Now it's down to defining your gender the way you want.
Obviously you care. You replied to the thread and asked several questions about it. They arent gay. They are bi. Obviously they are attracted to both sexes. WTF is wrong with you idiots?

You are absolutely incorrect. A Homosexual is someone who is ATTRACTED to the same sex. PERIOD. It has NOTHING to do with action. A virgin can be homosexual if they are attracted to the same sex just like someone who is a virgin and attracted to the opposite sex is a heterosexual.

It is the ATTRACTION and not the ACT that defines someone being a homosexual or heterosexual.

You are absolutely incorrect. A Homosexual is someone who is ATTRACTED to the same sex. PERIOD. It has NOTHING to do with action. A virgin can be homosexual if they are attracted to the same sex just like someone who is a virgin and attracted to the opposite sex is a heterosexual.

It is the ATTRACTION and not the ACT that defines someone being a homosexual or heterosexual.
You avoided the point. What if the guys in prison did get attracted to men, and even had others?

That's called "any port in a storm".

You avoided the point. What if the guys in prison did get attracted to men, and even had others?

In prison it has more to do with power and control, not attraction.

If they are attracted to men and women, that would be bisexual rather than homo- or heterosexual (assuming we aren't using any of the newer terms for sexuality).

You must have avoided school. What is confusing to you that the men in your example are bi?

I disagree. In prison power may be an element but you have to be sexually aroused to get a woody for another man.

If they are attracted to men and women, that would be bisexual rather than homo- or heterosexual (assuming we aren't using any of the newer terms for sexuality).
So if they think of no one else they are homosexuals but when they get out and hookup with their gals they become bi-sexual and if they don't think about each other anymore they become heterosexual?

Another side step.

Another side step.

No, sexuality studies that were done. Sorry you don't like it. That is also the majority of rapes as well, has more to do with power and control rather than sexual gratification.

So if they think of no one else they are homosexuals but when they get out and hookup with their gals they become bi-sexual and if they don't think about each other anymore they become heterosexual?
It sounds like you too are trying to work out your confusion over your sexual orientation. Its really not that hard.

Another side step.

No, sexuality studies that were done. Sorry you don't like it. That is also the majority of rapes as well, has more to do with power and control rather than sexual gratification.
What studies? What didn't I like? You are too stupid to form anything but low brow insults.

While I believe sexual attraction can change over time, you seem to be equating who a person is with at the moment to their sexual orientation.

If a person is attracted to only the opposite sex, they are heterosexual. If a person is only attracted to the same sex, they are homosexual. If a person is attracted to both sexes, they are bisexual. Those are the basic definitions.

Things get more complicated with differing gender identities, but I'm trying to keep it simple both because it's easier to talk about and because I'm not well informed about a lot of recent terms for sexuality and gender identity.

While I believe sexual attraction can change over time, you seem to be equating who a person is with at the moment to their sexual orientation.

If a person is attracted to only the opposite sex, they are heterosexual. If a person is only attracted to the same sex, they are homosexual. If a person is attracted to both sexes, they are bisexual. Those are the basic definitions.

Things get more complicated with differing gender identities, but I'm trying to keep it simple both because it's easier to talk about and because I'm not well informed about a lot of recent terms for sexuality and gender identity.
No, I said "At what point do they become "gay"? If they like it but went back to their girlfriends when they got out, were they ever gay?"

There are straight guys that went to prison and came out gay and stayed that way. At what point did they become "gay"? Like I said I don't care what people call themselves, a man is always a man and homosexual acts are what they are. No need to mind read.

No, I said "At what point do they become "gay"? If they like it but went back to their girlfriends when they got out, were they ever gay?"

There are straight guys that went to prison and came out gay and stayed that way. At what point did they become "gay"? Like I said I don't care what people call themselves, a man is always a man and homosexual acts are what they are. No need to mind read.

The point at which a person is not attracted to the opposite sex but is attracted to the same sex is the point at which they are gay.

It's hard to give a definitive answer about specific individuals because no one else can know what they are thinking and feeling. It's not about a particular act, it is about that person's attraction to the genders, and only that person knows the truth about who they are attracted to (if they even realize it themselves).

You seem to be looking for an answer along the lines of "When you have intercourse with a member of the opposite sex you are gay", but that isn't how it works. Again, if a person is attracted to members of their own gender but not to members of the opposite gender, they are gay, at whatever point that is true.

:dunno:

The point at which a person is not attracted to the opposite sex but is attracted to the same sex is the point at which they are gay.

It's hard to give a definitive answer about specific individuals because no one else can know what they are thinking and feeling. It's not about a particular act, it is about that person's attraction to the genders, and only that person knows the truth about who they are attracted to (if they even realize it themselves).

You seem to be looking for an answer along the lines of "When you have intercourse with a member of the opposite sex you are gay", but that isn't how it works. Again, if a person is attracted to members of their own gender but not to members of the opposite gender, they are gay, at whatever point that is true.

:dunno:
That's what I said, attracted to in this scenario than that. And you continue to mischaracterize what I said. There's so much dishonesty on your side.

Forum List

Back