In 2019 we had fewer mass public shootings than in 2018...but....but how is that possible?

a mass shooting as a single attack in a public place in which four or more victims were killed. We adopted that baseline for fatalities when we gathered data in 2012 on three decades worth of cases.

The GVA defines a mass shooting as any incident in which at least four people are shot, excluding the shooter. The group also tracks mass murders as defined by the FBI — incidents in which at least four people are killed. The FBI does not have a formal definition of a mass shooting.

THEY ARE USING THE SAME CRITERIA..... so how did your numbers get so low? Or my source get so high?

YOUR ARTICLE numbers seem fake.... and why list only those MURDERED and NOT also SHOT and injured in the incidences when it IS FOR MASS SHOOTINGS?

ah .... mine counts all and yours cherry picks?

Mother Jones, the left wing, gun hating source uses the FBI definition of Mass Public Shootings.......you use any gang banger trying to off another gang banger by spraying the home of the other gang banger....they aren't the same thing...

I'm sorry, I couldn't read your post, I was busy listening to baby Beto say he wanted to go house to house to confiscate guns but was interrupted by the Virginia, democrat party Governor....Governor "Black Face," or is it Governor "Klan Robes and hood," who said he would use the national guard and fire remove the police powers of any law enforcement agent who didn't back gun confiscation?

That's one of several reasons Beto is gone. Gun buybacks are a good idea. So is reinstating the assault-style weapons ban. But confiscation will never happen in this country. So you can relax that death grip on your arsenal.
Gun buybacks are a waste of money.

Man Sells Junk Guns To Buy-Back Program, Buys New Gun With Cash

In
No one is being irrational. No one is interested in controlling or grabbing your ******* guns. Unless of course you are a kook or a criminal. 90% of Americans want NO exceptions on BG checks. That includes a vast majority of NRA members. Dems be da facts.

1. You're a Leftist. You don't speak without being irrational.
2. Leftists have been hell-bent on outlawing guns for decades.
3. You Leftists think that anything you ever say is "the facts." They're really your dumbass opinions.
Your very screen name is irrational and dishonest, which is to say not factual.

Democrat Insanity

Incidentally, more children were killed every year by pit bulls than adults murdered in mass shootings.

I'm sorry, I couldn't read your post, I was busy listening to baby Beto say he wanted to go house to house to confiscate guns but was interrupted by the Virginia, democrat party Governor....Governor "Black Face," or is it Governor "Klan Robes and hood," who said he would use the national guard and fire remove the police powers of any law enforcement agent who didn't back gun confiscation?

That's one of several reasons Beto is gone. Gun buybacks are a good idea. So is reinstating the assault-style weapons ban. But confiscation will never happen in this country. So you can relax that death grip on your arsenal.

One shooting group sold their junk guns to a buy back program and used the money to sponsor kids to a shooting camp....

One shooting group sold their junk guns to a buy back program and used the money to sponsor kids to a shooting camp....
Good.

In
No one is being irrational. No one is interested in controlling or grabbing your ******* guns. Unless of course you are a kook or a criminal. 90% of Americans want NO exceptions on BG checks. That includes a vast majority of NRA members. Dems be da facts.

3. You Leftists think that anything you ever say is "the facts." They're really your dumbass opinions.

Democrat Insanity

Incidentally, more children were killed every year by pit bulls than adults murdered in mass shootings.

Nonsense ^ I'm counting 15 total deaths of minors by ALL breeds of dogs including pitters and pitter mixes.

2019 U.S. Dog Bite Fatalities - DogsBite.org

Thousands of kids are killed by guns every year. And btw, it is necessary to count ALL deaths of minors, not just the ones that qualify technically as "mass shootings".

Published in March in the American Journal of Medicine, the study found that between 1999 and 2017, nearly 39,000 gun-related deaths occurred among children and young people ages 5 to 18, including nearly 6,500 deaths among children ages 5 to 14 and nearly 32,500 deaths among those ages 15 to 18.

Thousands of children, teens killed by guns annually in US
There have been at least 21 deadly mass shootings in the US so far in 2019

You're a Rightist - One must talk to Rightists (specifically Trumplings) as they were 11 year olds.

There will be idiots who abuse any program. No excuse. The buybacks in this country and others (see Australia) have been an arguable success.

In

Democrat Insanity

Nonsense ^ I'm counting 15 total deaths of minors by ALL breeds of dogs including pitters and pitter mixes.

2019 U.S. Dog Bite Fatalities - DogsBite.org

Thousands of kids are killed by guns every year. And btw, it is necessary to count ALL deaths of minors, not just the ones that qualify technically as "mass shootings".

Published in March in the American Journal of Medicine, the study found that between 1999 and 2017, nearly 39,000 gun-related deaths occurred among children and young people ages 5 to 18, including nearly 6,500 deaths among children ages 5 to 14 and nearly 32,500 deaths among those ages 15 to 18.

Thousands of children, teens killed by guns annually in US
There have been at least 21 deadly mass shootings in the US so far in 2019

You're a Rightist - One must talk to Rightists (specifically Trumplings) as they were 11 year olds.

Yes...let's count all gun deaths of minors.....

Gun murder of kids from the CDC 2017...still waiting for 2018...

Fatal Injury Data | WISQARS | Injury Center | CDC

2017, gun murder...319

<1...12
1-4...44
5-9...78
10-14...185

other means
<1-14..680

Accidental gun deaths of children....mostly because they are in the homes of criminals, drug addicts and alcoholics...

Fatal Injury Data | WISQARS | Injury Center | CDC

2017.... Kids (<1 - 14)

Guns....62

Cars...1,208

Underage Drinking-Why Do Adolescents Drink, What Are the Risks, and How Can Underage Drinking Be Prevented?

Each year, approximately 5,000 young people under the age of 21 die as a result of underage drinking; this includes about 1,900 deaths from motor vehicle crashes, 1,600 as a result of homicides, 300 from suicide, as well as hundreds from other injuries such as falls, burns, and drownings (1–5).

There will be idiots who abuse any program. No excuse. The buybacks in this country and others (see Australia) have been an arguable success.

They have not been a success in any way shape or form......

Bullshit - And you don't give away cash. You give away grocery store gift cards like they did in LA.

People lined up around the block in Los Angeles on Wednesday, some waiting hours to exchange their unwanted guns for grocery store gift cards as the city tries to get the weapons off the street. By lunchtime, they'd already collected more than the 1,673 guns that were exchanged last year, and the officials running the event had to get more gift cards. One guy showed up with 22 pistols in his trunk. The event usually takes place on Mother's Day, but Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa moved it up to the day after Christmas following the shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School. "I'm bringing in a 9-millimeter handgun because I want to get it out of the house because I have teenage children," one woman told The Los Angeles Times. "I would hate for them to do what that guy in Connecticut did."

LA's Gun Buyback Program Is a Massive Success

Bullshit - And you don't give away cash. You give away grocery store gift cards like they did in LA.

People lined up around the block in Los Angeles on Wednesday, some waiting hours to exchange their unwanted guns for grocery store gift cards as the city tries to get the weapons off the street. By lunchtime, they'd already collected more than the 1,673 guns that were exchanged last year, and the officials running the event had to get more gift cards. One guy showed up with 22 pistols in his trunk. The event usually takes place on Mother's Day, but Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa moved it up to the day after Christmas following the shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School. "I'm bringing in a 9-millimeter handgun because I want to get it out of the house because I have teenage children," one woman told The Los Angeles Times. "I would hate for them to do what that guy in Connecticut did."

LA's Gun Buyback Program Is a Massive Success

You are a moron...gun buy backs are only good if you have a gun that you used to commit murder and you need to get rid of it.....

The Futility of a Gun Buyback

We don't have to look to New Zealand's recent flop of a mandatory buyback, where less than 10 percent of the country's estimated number of newly banned weapons have been handed over so far, to answer those questions. There's a great case study right here in the bluest of blue states: New York.

Gov. Andrew Cuomo hailed the 2013 New York SAFE Act as the toughest gun control law in the nation, and one of its most important provisions was the mandatory registration of all "assault weapons" in the state. This isn't a confiscation or even a ban, so it's nowhere near as severe as what O'Rourke and others are pushing—it's just a teeny weeny little registration requirement.

So how has that worked out? Well, according to the National Shooting Sports Foundation's conservative estimate, New Yorkers owned about 1 million "assault weapons" at the time the ban was passed. So the 44,000 that were actually registered are about 4 percent of the total. This noncompliance with the law is widespread and mostly open, but the police aren't doing much about it. For instance, Hudson Valley One reported in 2016:

Upstate police agencies have also demonstrated a marked lack of enthusiasm for enforcing the ban on assault weapons and large-capacity magazines. According to statistics compiled by the state Department of Criminal Justice Services, there have been just 11 arrests for failure to register an otherwise-legal assault weapon since the SAFE Act took effect in March 2013 and 62 for possession of a large capacity magazine. In Ulster County, where 463 assault weapons have been registered, there have been just three arrests for possession of large-capacity magazines and none for failure to register an assault weapon. Ulster County Sheriff Paul VanBlarcum has been a vocal critic of the law; he said he believed large numbers of Ulster County gun owners had chosen to ignore the registration requirement.

I could give several more examples of such reporting. But the upshot is that gun owners are overwhelmingly ignoring the law—and the police are overwhelmingly looking the other way.

upload_2020-1-2_14-53-39.png

There are more guns in Australia now than before their gun ban.

Does that sound like a success to you?

If you actually use the definition for Mass Public Shootings.....according to the FBI, and look at the chart used by Mother Jones, a left wing, anti-gun news organization.....we find that we had fewer mass public shootings in 2019 than in 2018......

It was also nice that the Texas shooter was stopped by an armed citizen....who shot and stopped the killer in 6 seconds....

US mass shootings, 1982-2019: Data from Mother Jones’ investigation

Mass public shootings in 2018.....12. Total Killed...93.

Mass public shootings in 2019.....10. Total killed...73.

But....but......how is that possible?
Praise the Lord......Two less

I doubt if the families of the victims are as happy as you are

Facts are obviously racist (according to Leftist Democrats). All bars on all charts should be equal in height, to be *fair*. (wink, nudge) And another thing - all the idiots running for president against Trump want to outlaw cash bonds, so thugs arrested can just walk out of jail. And do another crime, or else hide and avoid their trial in court.

[QUOTE="rightwinger, post: 23789745, member: 2032]

You are ignoring content by this member. Show Ignored Content
[/QUOTE]

Not a chance I will click Show Ignored Content.

Forum List

Back