In final hour order, court rules that Alabama can destroy digital voting records after all

Cheating leftists? Isn't Alabama right wing?

They have one Democrat in the House, and had two Republican Senators before.

The House in Alabama has 70 Republicans to 33 Democrats
The Senate in Alabama has 26 Republicans to 7 Democrats

Alabama hasn't had a Democrat governor for 14 years.

Every single Justice on the Alabaman Supreme Court is Republican.

And you're trying to tell me this is the Democrats cheating? Fucking hell.
George Wallace was a Democrat.
George Wallace and Moore are brothers in the repub ideology.

That article was updated, and poorly. I read it. They updated the headline, but only changed part of the contents, making it confusing. I think everyone has been confused. Here is a better written article with the AG’s statement-

Alabama Attorney General Steve Marshall, whose office, argued the case on behalf of the Alabama Secretary of State, issued a statement Tuesday night about the case.

“Media and social media stories that the State of Alabama is seeking to prevent the preservation of records in the event of a recount or challenge of the December 12 election are false,” said Attorney General Steve Marshall. “Recent confusion over Alabama election record keeping
procedures has led to a misunderstanding of the facts. Alabama election procedures already provide a path to a recount. The plaintiff’s lawsuit and resulting Circuit Court order, which have fortunately been stayed, would have only created chaos and delay in the election process.

“The Alabama Supreme Court’s actions helped ensure a smooth election and will not result in the destruction of records needed if there is a recount or a challenge to the election.

You have it backwards. The Supreme Court told them to keep it.
It was a Montgomery circuit court judge that ordered it. Now the Supreme Court has issued a stay.
In final-hour order, court rules that Alabama can destroy digital voting records after all
Alabama is allowed to destroy digital voting records created at the polls during today's U.S. Senate election after all.

Oh so convientof the leftist typical cheating assholes isn't it. Gotta lie , cheat, steal, and they do this right before the election oh what timing.
and some a.h can think they won fairly.

So, the Montgomery court basically said they had to preserve this stuff, then the Alabaman Secretary of State, John Merrill, a Republican, went to court to get the stay, thereby the court said they don't need to keep this stuff. It's the REPUBLICANS who don't want to keep this stuff.

"At 1:36 p.m. Monday, a Montgomery County Circuit Court judge issued an order directing Alabama election officials to preserve all digital ballot images created at polling places across the state today.

Montgomery County Circuit Court ordered them to "preserve all digital ballot images"

"But at 4:32 p.m. Monday, attorneys for Alabama Secretary of State John Merrill and Ed Packard, the state administrator of elections, filed an "emergency motion to stay" that order, which the state Supreme Court granted minutes after Merrill and Packard's motion was filed."

John Merrill filed an "emergency motion to stay" which the Supreme Court granted.

"By granting the stay, the court effectively told the state that it does not in fact have to preserve the digital ballot images"

The stay means they don't "have to preserve the digital ballot images".

If I have it wrong, then the source from the OP has it wrong too.

That article was updated, and poorly. I read it. They updated the headline, but only changed part of the contents, making it confusing. I think everyone has been confused. Here is a better written article with the AG’s statement-

Alabama Attorney General Steve Marshall, whose office, argued the case on behalf of the Alabama Secretary of State, issued a statement Tuesday night about the case.

“Media and social media stories that the State of Alabama is seeking to prevent the preservation of records in the event of a recount or challenge of the December 12 election are false,” said Attorney General Steve Marshall. “Recent confusion over Alabama election record keeping
procedures has led to a misunderstanding of the facts. Alabama election procedures already provide a path to a recount. The plaintiff’s lawsuit and resulting Circuit Court order, which have fortunately been stayed, would have only created chaos and delay in the election process.

“The Alabama Supreme Court’s actions helped ensure a smooth election and will not result in the destruction of records needed if there is a recount or a challenge to the election.

It was a Montgomery circuit court judge that ordered it. Now the Supreme Court has issued a stay.

So, the Montgomery court basically said they had to preserve this stuff, then the Alabaman Secretary of State, John Merrill, a Republican, went to court to get the stay, thereby the court said they don't need to keep this stuff. It's the REPUBLICANS who don't want to keep this stuff.

"At 1:36 p.m. Monday, a Montgomery County Circuit Court judge issued an order directing Alabama election officials to preserve all digital ballot images created at polling places across the state today.

Montgomery County Circuit Court ordered them to "preserve all digital ballot images"

"But at 4:32 p.m. Monday, attorneys for Alabama Secretary of State John Merrill and Ed Packard, the state administrator of elections, filed an "emergency motion to stay" that order, which the state Supreme Court granted minutes after Merrill and Packard's motion was filed."

John Merrill filed an "emergency motion to stay" which the Supreme Court granted.

"By granting the stay, the court effectively told the state that it does not in fact have to preserve the digital ballot images"

Always nice to know when the journalists don't have a clue.

Wallace was a Democrat.

One can only wonder.....what is the hurry? what's the rush?

to destroy all evidence?

are they afraid ? and if they are.....afraid of what?:dunno:

just asking.;)

Wallace was a Democrat.
A label that means repub now.

One can only wonder.....what is the hurry? what's the rush?

to destroy all evidence?

are they afraid ? and if they are.....afraid of what?:dunno:

just asking.;)
Probably afraid Moore will molest another child.
dunno.gif

In final-hour order, court rules that Alabama can destroy digital voting records after all
Alabama is allowed to destroy digital voting records created at the polls during today's U.S. Senate election after all.

Oh so convientof the leftist typical cheating assholes isn't it. Gotta lie , cheat, steal, and they do this right before the election oh what timing.
and some a.h can think they won fairly.

upload_2017-12-13_19-18-36.png

Alabama Supreme Court stays judge's order to preserve voting records in Senate election

You didn’t already know that? Where ya been lately? Lol

You didn’t already know that? Where ya been lately? Lol

Well, the further down any profession you go, the worse people become.... you should see my profession. Half the people who do my job are incompetent in my company.

Gonna make it kinda hard...

... to do a recount, ain't it?

Not if you'd actually read the article:

But he did state that though the state does not preserve the digital ballot images, it does maintain the original paper ballots.

"The records for federal elections are required by law to be preserved for 22 months after the election occurs," Merrill said.

http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2017/12/in_final-hour_order_court_rul

22 months of paper ballot storage. Makes a recount entirely possible, yes?

Not so much fun on the conspiracy front through. Reality rarely is.

The nefarious Democratic Party is against clean fair elections

Um.....it as the very republican Secretary of State that pressed for the ruling. And paper ballots are preserved for 22 months.

But again, why let something as trivial as the facts get in the way of a good rant.

Forum List

Back