🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

In light of the attacks in Paris...shall we discuss gun control?

I am ready to discuss gun control on this issue when anyone is willing......

Did the extreme gun control laws of France, far stricter than those here in the United States, prevent any of these attackers from getting their guns? You cannot legally own guns in FRance outside of some hunting shotguns and they probably have to be kept in a gun club..and you have to go through tremendous hassles to get access to those guns....does anyone think these terrorists did that?

Will we find out that these terrorists were well known to the French government?

As I have been saying...guns are easy to get in Europe if you are a criminal or a terrorist...that they don't use them more is simply a choice, not because they lack access....as these attacks show.

And in Europe..their criminals and terrorists prefer fully automatic rifles......as well as grenades....

Gun control worked incredibly well in France....not one of the victims who was murdered tonight will have been armed and able to resist the attack....

But....But....they don't have the kind of mass shootings that we do in America...right? And what have I said in post after post.....the culture over there is changing and that they were importing criminals to commit the gun crime that European criminals won't do...

And I would point out that armed French citizens could likely have reduced the ability of the attackers to kill the unarmed victims so easily.

Also...I have posted that the number of casualties in attacks in gun free societies will always be higher...because no one is armed, including many of the police forces...which means the time it takes for their special operations police...you know..the ones with guns...takes far longer to get into the fight...

These attacks show this to be true....

If you live in New York city...I would suggest watching yourself in public places and carry your concealed carry pistol if you haven't made a habit of it....oh....wait....that's right.....only those with the money to hire a lawyer can actually get a permit to carry a gun in New York city.....and of course the bodyguards of the political class......

I point out New York city because these nuts seem to focus on New York..but if you live in other big cities...Chicago, and L.A. I would keep your eyes open......

How about we wait until they finish mopping up the blood of those pretty French girls and boys first before making politics of it?

This is a political message board, how about if you pull the stick out of your ass or stay off the site until you're ready to not be a dick about it.

And I like how you leftist idiots, keep not making that point to the liberals posting and starting threads on it

You make it seem like these were local punks who picked up a gun to go rob people. This is an international terrorist organization ! So enough of this "criminals can still get guns " bullshit .

Criminals in Europe get guns just as easily as these terrorists did......probably from the same supplier....I have posted articles by European police agencies talking about how easy it is for criminals to get guns...

In fact the week of the other recent mass shooting in France, the attack on the cartoonists...gang members in Marseilles used fully automatic rifles to shoot up a neighborhood just before the French Prime minister was going to go there to give a speech on crime.....they weren't terrorists, they were gang members...

I'm in Amsterdam now, I work over here most of the time. Actually, it's well known that to buy a gun you have to be a terrorist. There are signs on gun shops all over the city. You have to prove you are a terrorist to buy one. If you're Muslim they consider that proof enough.

So do the Dutch celebrate Theo van Gogh's murder, too?

The muslims do......

The liberals are so stupid they can't process that cheering gun deaths in countries that ban them is counter to their argument, it doesn't support it. The more wrong liberals are, the smugger they are about it

that is one of their strange traits, isn't it........they are wrong and proudly wrong on so many issues...

Did the extreme gun control laws of France, far stricter than those here in the United States, prevent any of these attackers from getting their guns? You cannot legally own guns in FRance outside of some hunting shotguns and they probably have to be kept in a gun club..and you have to go through tremendous hassles to get access to those guns....does anyone think these terrorists did that?

Will we find out that these terrorists were well known to the French government?

As I have been saying...guns are easy to get in Europe if you are a criminal or a terrorist...that they don't use them more is simply a choice, not because they lack access....as these attacks show.

And in Europe..their criminals and terrorists prefer fully automatic rifles......as well as grenades....

Gun control worked incredibly well in France....not one of the victims who was murdered tonight will have been armed and able to resist the attack....

But....But....they don't have the kind of mass shootings that we do in America...right? And what have I said in post after post.....the culture over there is changing and that they were importing criminals to commit the gun crime that European criminals won't do...

And I would point out that armed French citizens could likely have reduced the ability of the attackers to kill the unarmed victims so easily.

Also...I have posted that the number of casualties in attacks in gun free societies will always be higher...because no one is armed, including many of the police forces...which means the time it takes for their special operations police...you know..the ones with guns...takes far longer to get into the fight...

If you live in New York city...I would suggest watching yourself in public places and carry your concealed carry pistol if you haven't made a habit of it....oh....wait....that's right.....only those with the money to hire a lawyer can actually get a permit to carry a gun in New York city.....and of course the bodyguards of the political class......

I point out New York city because these nuts seem to focus on New York..but if you live in other big cities...Chicago, and L.A. I would keep your eyes open......

How about we wait until they finish mopping up the blood of those pretty French girls and boys first before making politics of it?

Tell that to Everytown and Mayor bloomberg and CNN.......and throw in obama for good measure.....

Everybody else is doing it so why can't I? What are you 5?

When and where through the course of an average week will you possibly need to defend yourself against " violent murders"?
You are living a paranoid fantasy.
When has the airbag in your car saved your life? In my example the answer is, never. But what has that to do with the many millions of airbags which are installed in today's automobiles and trucks?

Where guns are concerned it is better to have one and not need it than to need one and not have it. In contemporary America, and apparently in other places, that thought is the simple, unfortunate truth.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz

Tell that to Everytown and Mayor bloomberg and CNN.......and throw in obama for good measure.....

I know how issues get pushed through the system...and the gun grabbers get out in front of the cameras controlled by democrat journalists and push gun control..then normal people who don't pay attention to the issue..all they see is people pushing gun control....and the anti gun extremists wade through the dead to do it....

I used to wait...out of respect for the dead and injured and their families...and then I would watch every fucking news channel as the anti gun extremists would march out and push gun control....just like obama did after Oregon...

Do you remember that delta? Do you?

And when I was on the other site I came from....I would wait after a mass shooting to see which side posted about it first...and always...always...the anti gunners would post first calling for gun control, attacking the NRA and normal gun owners...

So no more...I will not cede the debate to anti gun extremists and other lefty nuts who have no respect for courtesy or social conventions....

LOL, you said you can do it because everyone else is, then you asked if 2aguy is 5. You already identified the 5 year old, didn't you?

There are only 1.5 million violent crimes each year total.

Wrong...those are crimes actually completed and that are reported...far more happen than are reported...and many are stopped with guns and are never reported...use your brain...

Yes, there are untold millions of people disappearing every year from unreported murders and untold millions of unreported crimes but yet you have data on how many of those unreported crimes were stopped by guns. You truly are a loon or retarded or both.
And yes,I agree, you should use your brain.

those studies are by actual, respected researchers in the fields of criminology and economics...over a 40 year period.....many of them anti gun researchers who support extreme gun control...like the two researchers who do the Clinton Department of Justice study.......try to understand what you are posting on...

try to understand what you are posting on...

I agree.
I think you should read those studies more closely. You need to ask yourself if the number you present makes sense.

What percent of crime do you suppose is stopped by guns? Is it high? 20, 30,40%?
Doesn't seem likely.

So then it must be low, maybe 1-2%?
For there to be 1.5 million crimes stopped annually by guns at the 1% rate, there would have to be 150 million crimes committed annually. Does that make sense?

I suspect your forty year study concluded there were 1.5 million crimes stopped by guns over that entire period. Let's not forget though that the rate of crime is far lower now than at any time during that forty year period studied.

murderrate.png

Nope..on average for a year....

Like I said, no credibility.

I know how issues get pushed through the system...and the gun grabbers get out in front of the cameras controlled by democrat journalists and push gun control..then normal people who don't pay attention to the issue..all they see is people pushing gun control....and the anti gun extremists wade through the dead to do it....

I used to wait...out of respect for the dead and injured and their families...and then I would watch every fucking news channel as the anti gun extremists would march out and push gun control....just like obama did after Oregon...

Do you remember that delta? Do you?

And when I was on the other site I came from....I would wait after a mass shooting to see which side posted about it first...and always...always...the anti gunners would post first calling for gun control, attacking the NRA and normal gun owners...

So no more...I will not cede the debate to anti gun extremists and other lefty nuts who have no respect for courtesy or social conventions....

Leftists never make that point to each other or say it about the opportunity whore Obama running in front of a camera to use the deaths for gun control to further ensure the victims can't defend themselves, I'd ignore them until they do, or just mock them.

Having lived in parts or rural France I can say with certainty most if not all farms have one or more long guns somewhere easily accessible.
Same with farms in the US.
You don't see radical Islamofascists attacking these places.
They only target places where they are sure no one is armed.
Why would you attack a farm with a few people in it?
These people are after maximum impact...nothing to do with whether there are guns there or not.

Having lived in parts or rural France I can say with certainty most if not all farms have one or more long guns somewhere easily accessible.
These people are after maximum impact...nothing to do with whether there are guns there or not.

Again..they did not attack the Special Police Headquarters or a well defended military base...did they?

Rrriiiiiigggghhhhhttttttt. It's just coincidence that shooters keep going to places they know there aren't guns. I wouldn't take telemarketing calls. Seriously....

When and where through the course of an average week will you possibly need to defend yourself against " violent murders"?
You are living a paranoid fantasy.
When has the airbag in your car saved your life? In my example the answer is, never. But what has that to do with the many millions of airbags which are installed in today's automobiles and trucks?

Where guns are concerned it is better to have one and not need it than to need one and not have it. In contemporary America, and apparently in other places, that thought is the simple, unfortunate truth.

Amazing, isn't it? 352 people are killed and wounded, but it's OK, the odds were pretty good we wouldn't be one of them. No need to be able to protect ourselves.

This is after liberals cry that violence is everywhere, but it isn't a threat, but there is gun violence, but you can't have a gun, the odds it will be you are small. They can't even keep their own argument straight

Criminals in Europe get guns just as easily as these terrorists did......probably from the same supplier....I have posted articles by European police agencies talking about how easy it is for criminals to get guns...

In fact the week of the other recent mass shooting in France, the attack on the cartoonists...gang members in Marseilles used fully automatic rifles to shoot up a neighborhood just before the French Prime minister was going to go there to give a speech on crime.....they weren't terrorists, they were gang members...

I'm in Amsterdam now, I work over here most of the time. Actually, it's well known that to buy a gun you have to be a terrorist. There are signs on gun shops all over the city. You have to prove you are a terrorist to buy one. If you're Muslim they consider that proof enough.

The muslims do......

The liberals are so stupid they can't process that cheering gun deaths in countries that ban them is counter to their argument, it doesn't support it. The more wrong liberals are, the smugger they are about it

that is one of their strange traits, isn't it........they are wrong and proudly wrong on so many issues...

I just had to highlight your mocking the Dutch at the expense of 129 dead French. Who is cheering gun deaths anywhere?
And I would bet $$$ you had to Google Theo van Gogh, too.

The muslims do......

I just had to highlight your mocking the Dutch at the expense of 129 dead French. Who is cheering gun deaths anywhere?

Um...he was mocking you, Holmes, not the Dutch. You know they offer remedial reading classes

The muslims do......

are you addressing me...I knew about Theo Van Gogh when he was murdered...it was actually covered by conservative media..unlike the democrat media that ignored the fact that he was stabbed, and shot and had the knife left in his chest with a note on it...and then the killer, in court, said he wished he could kill his family as well......

[...]

Sooooo....you are wrong.....completely wrong....you simply watch the democrats on the news and accept what they tell you..actual research shows they are wrong..
All Democrats are not anti-gun. So thinking in such vaguely categorical terms tends to be misleading and dilutes the need for accuracy.

I was a registered Republican dating back to the Goldwater years. I realized the direction that party was moving in during the Reagan years, so I re-registered as a Democrat in the mid-80s -- only because there is no Independent Party in New Jersey and I wish to vote in primaries.

Because while the blood is fresh on the ground is when it is best to point out the utter stupidity of those laws that led to their deaths, that's why. The progressives here can't wait two fucking seconds to politicize a mass shooting in this country so here we are doing the same. Pointing out how in their wet dream of an anti gun nation leads to mass murder on a scale unheard of here in the States.

This ONE shooting killed more people than ALL of the mass shootings here in the USA in the last 20 years. Put that in your collective pipes and smoke them assholes. Here is what your goal of a disarmed society leads to.

What is there to discuss? Seems those strict gun laws in France and the rest of Europe did not prevent anything other than stopping the victims from protecting themselves.

The muslims do......

are you addressing me...I knew about Theo Van Gogh when he was murdered...it was actually covered by conservative media..unlike the democrat media that ignored the fact that he was stabbed, and shot and had the knife left in his chest with a note on it...and then the killer, in court, said he wished he could kill his family as well......

No, I was addressing KazTwit. But now that you've stepped in it, why don't you prove the "democrat media ignored the fact that he was stabbed"? Oh, here let me do it for you. So you can STFU now:

Dutch Filmmaker, an Islam Critic, Is Killed

By MARLISE SIMONS NOV. 3, 2004
http://www.nytimes.com/2004/11/03/world/europe/dutch-filmmaker-an-islam-critic-is-killed.html?_r=0

"""The man suspected of killing Mr. van Gogh fired several shots at about 8:30 a.m., then crossed the street and stabbed him several times with a knife, a police spokesman said. Witnesses told the police that the assailant then stuck a note on his victim's chest with the knife.""

Righties always shoot their mouth off first and don't ask any questions later.

We are not talking trained concealed carriers. We are talking redneck gun nuts with Rambo fantasies

We are talking about 300 million guns in the hands of a mostly untrained populace

Theses are the people you are expecting to "keep us safe"

So far, they have done a shitty job of it
I can't disagree with that reasoning, which is why I strongly advocate a rigid qualification or training requirement for CCW. If one wishes to carry a concealed handgun one should know how, why and when to use it.

Forum List

Back