🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

In light of the attacks in Paris...shall we discuss gun control?

yeah..again...Iraq is not France...they are fighting to take over the country...not just to kill innocent people...odd that in France they decided to attack unarmed people and not the Special Police Headquarters or a Military base with guns.....

And yet if they CAN kill lots at police stations they can do the same anywhere. Being armed makes no difference.

You are wrong brain........you know you are wrong but you are mentally ill...you can"t help being foolish...

I am giving you real world examples of it happening. Sorry but that is called being right. Because it HAS and DOES happen. Being armed makes no difference to suicide bombers.
Guys like 2Aguy wish for a Mad Max society where everyone is armed and ready to kill each other.

No..that is what you guys are creating with your gun free zones....notice how many people are killed in gun free zones....?

No gun free is the polar opposite of what you want. Did you notice the word "free". I didnt create any gun free zones but I like the concept. No one needs a gun except in their house.

yeah..again...Iraq is not France...they are fighting to take over the country...not just to kill innocent people...odd that in France they decided to attack unarmed people and not the Special Police Headquarters or a Military base with guns.....

And yet if they CAN kill lots at police stations they can do the same anywhere. Being armed makes no difference.

You are wrong brain........you know you are wrong but you are mentally ill...you can"t help being foolish...

I am giving you real world examples of it happening. Sorry but that is called being right. Because it HAS and DOES happen. Being armed makes no difference to suicide bombers.

Sure does.....on your knees or your belly brain....and since the killers were shooting people one at a time...lives could have been saved......

That's what they did this time yes. But if there are armed people like police stations they can kill people there too. It just doesn't matter. So how many more examples of you being wrong do you need?

Americans use guns 1.5 million times a year to stop violent criminal attack and in the process of doing that they often save lives....from rape, robbery and murder...and this is according to bill clinton and his Department of Justice study on gun self defense....

1.5 million????

If you're gonna lie at least make it believable.
You're done. Zero credibility.

again...please do some research...here are actual studies on the use of guns in self defense...40 years of studies, by both government and private researchers.....and I will highlight the bill clinton Department of Justice study that I cite for the 1.5 million number.....

I just averaged the studies......which were conducted by different researchers, from both private and public researchers, over a period of 40 years looking specifically at guns and self defense....the name of the researcher is first, then the year then the number of times they determined guns were used for self defense......notice how many of them there are and how many of them were done by gun grabbers like the clinton Justice Dept. and the obama CDC

And these aren't all of the studies either...there are more...and they support the ones below.....

A quick guide to the studies and the numbers.....the full lay out of what was studied by each study is in the links....
GunCite-Gun Control-How Often Are Guns Used in Self-Defense

GunCite Frequency of Defensive Gun Use in Previous Surveys

Field...1976....3,052,717 ( no cops, military)
DMIa 1978...2,141,512 ( no cops, military)
L.A. TIMES...1994...3,609,68 ( no cops, military)
Kleck......1994...2.5 million ( no cops, military)

Obama's CDC....2013....500,000--3million

--------------------

Bordua...1977...1,414,544

DMIb...1978...1,098,409 ( no cops, military)

Hart...1981...1.797,461 ( no cops, military)

Mauser...1990...1,487,342 ( no cops, military)

Gallup...1993...1,621,377 ( no cops, military)

DEPT. OF JUSTICE...1994...1.5 million ( bill clinton study)

Journal of Quantitative Criminology--- 989,883 times per year."

(Based on survey data from a 2000 study published in the Journal of Quantitative Criminology,[17] U.S. civilians use guns to defend themselves and others from crime at least 989,883 times per year.[18])

Paper: "Measuring Civilian Defensive Firearm Use: A Methodological Experiment." By David McDowall and others. Journal of Quantitative Criminology, March 2000. Measuring Civilian Defensive Firearm Use: A Methodological Experiment - Springer

-------------------------------------------

Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

Tarrance... 1994... 764,036 (no cops, military)

Lawerence Southwich Jr. 400,000 fewer violent crimes and at least 800,000 violent crimes deterred..
If you take the studies from that Kleck cites in his paper, 16 of them....and you only average the ones that exclude military and police shootings..the average becomes 2 million...I use those studies because I have the details on them...and they are still 10 studies (including Kleck's)....

You're a loon. For there to be 1.5 million crimes stopped with a gun annually, there would have to be how many not stopped with a gun? 5, 10,50 times as many? Are you telling me there are 15-50 million crimes committed annually?

You need to get some new numbers. You present your data like a retard. You cherry pick what suites your goal without thought.
What is the change in crime rates since Clinton? Were there 13 mil cc under Clinton?

You have no credibility.

There are only 1.5 million violent crimes each year total.

Wrong...those are crimes actually completed and that are reported...far more happen than are reported...and many are stopped with guns and are never reported...use your brain...

Yes, there are untold millions of people disappearing every year from unreported murders and untold millions of unreported crimes but yet you have data on how many of those unreported crimes were stopped by guns. You truly are a loon or retarded or both.
And yes,I agree, you should use your brain.

1.5 million????

If you're gonna lie at least make it believable.
You're done. Zero credibility.

again...please do some research...here are actual studies on the use of guns in self defense...40 years of studies, by both government and private researchers.....and I will highlight the bill clinton Department of Justice study that I cite for the 1.5 million number.....

I just averaged the studies......which were conducted by different researchers, from both private and public researchers, over a period of 40 years looking specifically at guns and self defense....the name of the researcher is first, then the year then the number of times they determined guns were used for self defense......notice how many of them there are and how many of them were done by gun grabbers like the clinton Justice Dept. and the obama CDC

And these aren't all of the studies either...there are more...and they support the ones below.....

A quick guide to the studies and the numbers.....the full lay out of what was studied by each study is in the links....

--------------------

(Based on survey data from a 2000 study published in the Journal of Quantitative Criminology,[17] U.S. civilians use guns to defend themselves and others from crime at least 989,883 times per year.[18])

Paper: "Measuring Civilian Defensive Firearm Use: A Methodological Experiment." By David McDowall and others. Journal of Quantitative Criminology, March 2000. Measuring Civilian Defensive Firearm Use: A Methodological Experiment - Springer

Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

Lawerence Southwich Jr. 400,000 fewer violent crimes and at least 800,000 violent crimes deterred..
If you take the studies from that Kleck cites in his paper, 16 of them....and you only average the ones that exclude military and police shootings..the average becomes 2 million...I use those studies because I have the details on them...and they are still 10 studies (including Kleck's)....

You're a loon. For there to be 1.5 million crimes stopped with a gun annually, there would have to be how many not stopped with a gun? 5, 10,50 times as many? Are you telling me there are 15-50 million crimes committed annually?

You need to get some new numbers. You present your data like a retard. You cherry pick what suites your goal without thought.
What is the change in crime rates since Clinton? Were there 13 mil cc under Clinton?

You have no credibility.

Wrong...those are crimes actually completed and that are reported...far more happen than are reported...and many are stopped with guns and are never reported...use your brain...

Yes, there are untold millions of people disappearing every year from unreported murders and untold millions of unreported crimes but yet you have data on how many of those unreported crimes were stopped by guns. You truly are a loon or retarded or both.

those studies are by actual, respected researchers in the fields of criminology and economics...over a 40 year period.....many of them anti gun researchers who support extreme gun control...like the two researchers who do the Clinton Department of Justice study.......try to understand what you are posting on...

Sure does.....on your knees or your belly brain....and since the killers were shooting people one at a time...lives could have been saved......

That's what they did this time yes. But if there are armed people like police stations they can kill people there too. It just doesn't matter. So how many more examples of you being wrong do you need?

On your knees or your belly brain...why do you want people defenseless..with no choice or option but to be executed..and watch their loved ones executed as well...you are mentally ill...

--------------------

Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

You have no credibility.

those studies are by actual, respected researchers in the fields of criminology and economics...over a 40 year period.....many of them anti gun researchers who support extreme gun control...like the two researchers who do the Clinton Department of Justice study.......try to understand what you are posting on...

If they are such great researchers why do they arrive at such drastically different numbers? It's can't be 700k and 3.6 million? Quite the range for accurate research.

Guys like 2Aguy wish for a Mad Max society where everyone is armed and ready to kill each other.

No..that is what you guys are creating with your gun free zones....notice how many people are killed in gun free zones....?

No gun free is the polar opposite of what you want. Did you notice the word "free". I didnt create any gun free zones but I like the concept. No one needs a gun except in their house.

Except for all the people who use guns that they carry to stop violent criminals...except for them.....

You have no credibility.

If they are such great researchers why do they arrive at such drastically different numbers? It's can't be 700k and 3.6 million? Quite the range for accurate research.

Yep...and look at how many are well over 1 million times a year......so many studies and so much research and they all prove you wrong.......

On your knees or your belly brain...why do you want people defenseless..with no choice or option but to be executed..and watch their loved ones executed as well...you are mentally ill...

When you are blown up it really doesn't matter. But I proved that with many examples of armed police victims. You have proved nothing except you are a loon.

Except for all the people who use guns that they carry to stop violent criminals...except for them.....
Those people are called cops and they still mess it up and kill people that are not criminals or violent. Youre advocating for any idiot to be able to walk around with a gun.

Yep...and look at how many are well over 1 million times a year......so many studies and so much research and they all prove you wrong.......
And you conveniently leave off any studies with low numbers... So honest.

--------------------

Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

You have no credibility.

try to understand what you are posting on...

I agree.
I think you should read those studies more closely. You need to ask yourself if the number you present makes sense.

What percent of crime do you suppose is stopped by guns? Is it high? 20, 30,40%?
Doesn't seem likely.

So then it must be low, maybe 1-2%?
For there to be 1.5 million crimes stopped annually by guns at the 1% rate, there would have to be 150 million crimes committed annually. Does that make sense?

I suspect your forty year study concluded there were 1.5 million crimes stopped by guns over that entire period. Let's not forget though that the rate of crime is far lower now than at any time during that forty year period studied.

murderrate.png

At least I'd have a chance, however small.

And I'm a Army Veteran with hundreds of hours of training myself.

Simple question. If you were a hostage to madmen, would you prefer to be armed and have at least a chance, or unarmed with no chance.

If they know people are armed they will just do suicide bombings or run planes into buildings. Guns aren't going to make a difference on this front.

You are still a twit brain.......if people were armed they could have saved lives of the people singled out for murder....

Why is it you guys constantly want people helpless in the face of killers.....with absolutely no chance to stop the murder....what is wrong with your brains.......?

How many victims were armed on 9/11? Doesn't matter cause it wouldn't have saved anymore. Sorry twit, the answer isn't always gun.

The gun nut wants everyone armed on an airplane

Pilots and flight attendants would be fine by me...oh yeah...some pilots are already armed.....oh.......and they also have air marshals...with guns...twit.

That is great because I know they are trained but I don't want to see a gun nut Rambo red beck start firing all over inside a plane.

If they know people are armed they will just do suicide bombings or run planes into buildings. Guns aren't going to make a difference on this front.

You are still a twit brain.......if people were armed they could have saved lives of the people singled out for murder....

Why is it you guys constantly want people helpless in the face of killers.....with absolutely no chance to stop the murder....what is wrong with your brains.......?

How many victims were armed on 9/11? Doesn't matter cause it wouldn't have saved anymore. Sorry twit, the answer isn't always gun.

The gun nut wants everyone armed on an airplane

Pilots and flight attendants would be fine by me...oh yeah...some pilots are already armed.....oh.......and they also have air marshals...with guns...twit.

That is great because I know they are trained but I don't want to see a gun nut Rambo red beck start firing all over inside a plane.

Or in a darkened movie theater.

And of course Mark Levin puts it into perfect clarity....

Mark Levin Reacts to Paris Attack: Seal Our Borders, ‘Thank God for the Second Amendment’ - Breitbart

“I want to tell you something else – it is what goes through my mind,” he continued. “I bet it goes through your mind – thank God for the Second Amendment. Thank God for the Second Amendment or we’d be Europe. We would all be disarmed. You know Obama and Hillary, all of the Democrats, most of the Republicans. There would be no NRA. There would be no groups trying to protect us. Thank God for the Founding Fathers, the framers of the Constitution and the Bill of Rights. Thanks God because you see this going on – these poor people who were slaughtered going to a sporting event or a restaurant or a concert or potentially a shopping mall — slaughtered as they stand there by these animals, by these barbarians – and none of them are armed, none of them.”

Breifart.....LOL. It's a racist asshole media. Dedicated anti Obama. Closed our borders. What made you think that will stop these thugs coming into this country?

Another question for liberal turds. They want kinder softer non militarized...or even unarmed...cops.

Yesterday in Paris...8 hardened ISIS Warriors with AK47S and grenades and bombs killed 130 and wounded near 300 more.

Libs...how do you train your kinder softer unarmed cops for these sudden assaults?
When standing on those 100+ bodies, do you get a nice view?

NO... but Rambo here will have a wide clear and open shot while people are running all over.

Maybe you just don't quite get the meaning of the word "terrorist". If they were attacking military bases it wouldn't be very terrorizing for the civilian population....now would it.

Again.....they attacked unarmed civilians....because they want to kill lots of people and they don't want people with guns to stop them....
So then you really don't understand the purpose of terrorism. Why do you bother posting here?

Because of dimwits like you...you obviously don't understand that armed civilians save lives...even in attacks like this....
The whole premise of having an entirely armed society for the purpose of public safety is obviously a really great idea, it should be more like the wild west.....because who can imagine Americans getting drunk and shooting each other for no good reason.

You really, really need to do some research...the "Wild West" is a movie myth.....the WEst in was fairly peaceful..why...because most people carried guns for self defense, which means they could stop violent attacks...please, try to do some actual research on the topic...it would make your posts far more meaningful...

Arming the whole population does not make the country safer. But it makes you happy because you sell more guns which you don't care. Chicago has so much guns...Is it safer? To you that's cool.

I am ready to discuss gun control on this issue when anyone is willing......

Did the extreme gun control laws of France, far stricter than those here in the United States, prevent any of these attackers from getting their guns? You cannot legally own guns in FRance outside of some hunting shotguns and they probably have to be kept in a gun club..and you have to go through tremendous hassles to get access to those guns....does anyone think these terrorists did that?

Will we find out that these terrorists were well known to the French government?

As I have been saying...guns are easy to get in Europe if you are a criminal or a terrorist...that they don't use them more is simply a choice, not because they lack access....as these attacks show.

And in Europe..their criminals and terrorists prefer fully automatic rifles......as well as grenades....

Gun control worked incredibly well in France....not one of the victims who was murdered tonight will have been armed and able to resist the attack....

But....But....they don't have the kind of mass shootings that we do in America...right? And what have I said in post after post.....the culture over there is changing and that they were importing criminals to commit the gun crime that European criminals won't do...

And I would point out that armed French citizens could likely have reduced the ability of the attackers to kill the unarmed victims so easily.

Also...I have posted that the number of casualties in attacks in gun free societies will always be higher...because no one is armed, including many of the police forces...which means the time it takes for their special operations police...you know..the ones with guns...takes far longer to get into the fight...

These attacks show this to be true....

If you live in New York city...I would suggest watching yourself in public places and carry your concealed carry pistol if you haven't made a habit of it....oh....wait....that's right.....only those with the money to hire a lawyer can actually get a permit to carry a gun in New York city.....and of course the bodyguards of the political class......

I point out New York city because these nuts seem to focus on New York..but if you live in other big cities...Chicago, and L.A. I would keep your eyes open......
UNITE AGAINST THE TERRORISTS
Individuals like this idiot are playing into the hands of terrorists. He is taking the focus off stopping terrorism to make a selfish political point of his own. We must find commonality and show strength to stop these global thugs.

So then you really don't understand the purpose of terrorism. Why do you bother posting here?

Because of dimwits like you...you obviously don't understand that armed civilians save lives...even in attacks like this....
The whole premise of having an entirely armed society for the purpose of public safety is obviously a really great idea, it should be more like the wild west.....because who can imagine Americans getting drunk and shooting each other for no good reason.

You really, really need to do some research...the "Wild West" is a movie myth.....the WEst in was fairly peaceful..why...because most people carried guns for self defense, which means they could stop violent attacks...please, try to do some actual research on the topic...it would make your posts far more meaningful...
You should do your research. There never was a peaceful time in this country.

I never said there was...I said the west wasn't that wild.....
John Wayne kept the wild-west under control, and now we have stifled the John Wayne's waiting, guns in hand, to tame America.

Last edited:
No doubt in an attack like that, bedlam ensues

You are not a trained special forces vet, you are an overweight gun nut. Lights are down, people are screaming, terrorists are firing and so are your fellow, overweight gun nuts. Who do you shoot at? Who is returning fire on you?
All of these mass shootings are not the same.

The first survivor I heard interviewed on CNN spoke English. He said he was about ten feet away from one of the two shooters, both of whom were using pump action shotguns. He said the shooter closest to him had fired several times and was looking right at him when he stopped to reload. This fellow saw that as his opportunity to run for a side door, which is what he did and was the first one out.

Absent his opportunity for escape, in this fortunate survivor's place I can imagine how helpless I would have felt watching the shooter feeding shells into his shotgun and knowing I was about to die.

Anticipation of that helpless feeling lies at the root of preferring to be armed rather than unarmed. I believe that in many parts of our increasingly hostile society the unarmed citizen is comparable to a de-clawed cat.

Forum List

Back