🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

In light of the attacks in Paris...shall we discuss gun control?

These guys went in knowing they were not coming out.
They had AK-47s, body armor, bombs and were well trained and had a planned attack strategy
Morons like 2aguy fantasize....if only me and my trusty gun were there I would have stopped them

At least I'd have a chance, however small.

And I'm a Army Veteran with hundreds of hours of training myself.

Simple question. If you were a hostage to madmen, would you prefer to be armed and have at least a chance, or unarmed with no chance.
As an Army vet you understand what going up against a well armed, trained opponent with a plan of attack using a few random guns with no leadership
You may get off a few shots but you will not stop them

The answer to terrorist attacks is not giving France 300 million guns like we have. Our 300 million guns have not kept us safe, how would they keep France safe?

I am ready to discuss gun control on this issue when anyone is willing......

Did the extreme gun control laws of France, far stricter than those here in the United States, prevent any of these attackers from getting their guns?

Oh, Tiny, that's not the point.

14 Americans were killed by "Terrorists" last year. 33,000 Americans died from gun violence.

You are statistically far more likely to be shot by someone in your household than a terrorist.

So even with tonight's carnage, France will STILL have a far lower homicide rate than the US.

again...you lie...8,124 people were murdered with guns..the rest took their own lives...and of course 19,000 Americans committed suicide without guns...something you never mention either....or the fact that Japan, South Korea and China have absolute gun control...and 2x the suicide rate we do....

And again...1.5 Americans used guns to stop violent criminal attack and they saved lives often enough......

Not one French citizen had a gun to stop these attacks.....and 158 people so far have lost their lives waiting for the police to show up...with guns...

You are dreaming again Rambo. In a terrorist attack like that... first shot people will start running all over. Panic and confusions at massive scale. Do you expect a person who brought a gun like you will be charging and start shooting? I seriously doubt a coward like you will be charging because your goal is only to sell guns. In a situations like that and if you are next or in front of me with a gun. Trust me I will disable you with my bare hands... How am I supposed to know if you are a good guy or bad guy? I can guarantee you that members on this board that are against your SICK fantasy will do the same....
Okay you can wake up now Rambo.

As an Army vet you understand what going up against a well armed, trained opponent with a plan of attack using a few random guns with no leadership

The answer to terrorist attacks is not giving France 300 million guns like we have. Our 300 million guns have not kept us safe, how would they keep France safe?

As an Army vet, I understand the pitfalls of a very small group attempting to control a very large group. Once the small group loses that control, as in by hyper focus on a counterattacking force...it allows for members of the large group to engage in mass escape or join the counterattack with improvised weapons of opportunity.

As Helmuth von Moltke said...No plan survives hostile contact with the enemy.

Extrapolated, where there is no hostile contact, the plan survives.

Therefore, hostile contact is required to derail the enemies plan.

As an Army vet, I understand the pitfalls of a very small group attempting to control a very large group. Once the small group loses that control, as in by hyper focus on a counterattacking force...it allows for members of the large group to engage in mass escape or join the counterattack with improvised weapons of opportunity.

No doubt in an attack like that, bedlam ensues

You are not a trained special forces vet, you are an overweight gun nut. Lights are down, people are screaming, terrorists are firing and so are your fellow, overweight gun nuts. Who do you shoot at? Who is returning fire on you?

Did the extreme gun control laws of France, far stricter than those here in the United States, prevent any of these attackers from getting their guns?

14 Americans were killed by "Terrorists" last year. 33,000 Americans died from gun violence.

You are statistically far more likely to be shot by someone in your household than a terrorist.

So even with tonight's carnage, France will STILL have a far lower homicide rate than the US.

again...you lie...8,124 people were murdered with guns..the rest took their own lives...and of course 19,000 Americans committed suicide without guns...something you never mention either....or the fact that Japan, South Korea and China have absolute gun control...and 2x the suicide rate we do....

And again...1.5 Americans used guns to stop violent criminal attack and they saved lives often enough......

Not one French citizen had a gun to stop these attacks.....and 158 people so far have lost their lives waiting for the police to show up...with guns...

You are dreaming again Rambo. In a terrorist attack like that... first shot people will start running all over. Panic and confusions at massive scale. Do you expect a person who brought a gun like you will be charging and start shooting? I seriously doubt a coward like you will be charging because your goal is only to sell guns. In a situations like that and if you are next or in front of me with a gun. Trust me I will disable you with my bare hands... How am I supposed to know if you are a good guy or bad guy? I can guarantee you that members on this board that are against your SICK fantasy will do the same....

I look at the actually mass shootings in the United States where there were normal people carrying guns and how they actually did stop the shooters without injuring innocent people...as you saw from the church shootings that I posted...church shootings without armed normal people led to 15 dead...church shootings where there was an armed normal person...only 2 dead....and then you have the Klackamas mall shooting where the gun carrier did not shoot for fear of hitting bystanders and the shooter saw him with his gun and killed himself....and ditto the Gabby Giffords shooting where two concealed carriers were ready to engage and didn't because the situation did not call for shooting.....or the concealed carrier at the restaurant in Indiana who saw the robbery taking place and did not draw his weapon because he wanted to monitor the situation, but was ready to engage if it turned into violence...

You twits are advocating that it is better to be unarmed, helpless and unable to have a choice in your response....

you would rather see a wife or children gunned down and be able to do nothing to stop it.....that is what you choose.....

No one says you have to engage the attackers....and many people fled trying to get out of those buildings...but if they had encountered the attackers blocking their way...they would have been helpless...

You guys are twits......you actually prefer helplessness than to have the option of saving your own life or the lives of your families or those around you....

and you call me coward...twits.

You are not a trained special forces vet, you are an overweight gun nut. Lights are down, people are screaming, terrorists are firing and so are your fellow, overweight gun nuts. Who do you shoot at? Who is returning fire on you?

actual mass shootings with concealed carriers on the scene show you are wrong....completely wrong...you have no idea what you are talking about...you feel about the situation...you don't know about the situation..do actual research into mass shootings and learn something about them....

Watch "Terror in the Mall" and tell me that someone with a pistol couldn't have saved lives against those gunmen......

You are a helpless twit.....with no understanding of mass shootings or trained attacks like this one........do some freaking research and then get back to us...

These guys went in knowing they were not coming out.
They had AK-47s, body armor, bombs and were well trained and had a planned attack strategy
Morons like 2aguy fantasize....if only me and my trusty gun were there I would have stopped them

At least I'd have a chance, however small.

And I'm a Army Veteran with hundreds of hours of training myself.

Simple question. If you were a hostage to madmen, would you prefer to be armed and have at least a chance, or unarmed with no chance.

We know exactly what happened in a completely disarmed city...8 terrorists were able to murder over 128 people with no one to stop them until the police arrived.....special police with guns.....

No guns = mass slaughter of the innocent......Europe specializes in that type of killing....

You make me laugh with your childish gun nut fantasies

300 million guns in this country and we still have 8000 murders. One gun for every adult and you don't do a thing to stop murder, you only commit them. You shoot your wives, you shoot your girlfriends, you shoot whoever looks at you the wrong way.
You leave your guns around and allow children to play with them
You guys are a disease

See...you don't even know what you are talking about.....normal people don't shoot people..the people committing gun crime are people with long histories of violence and anti social behavior and long criminal records....you anti gun extremists keep lying by trying to say normal people, without any history of violence, buy a gun and all of a sudden murder their wife over a burned dinner....it...does...not...happen.....

Everyone is a good guy with a gun until they aren't.

You make me laugh with your childish gun nut fantasies

300 million guns in this country and we still have 8000 murders. One gun for every adult and you don't do a thing to stop murder, you only commit them. You shoot your wives, you shoot your girlfriends, you shoot whoever looks at you the wrong way.
You leave your guns around and allow children to play with them
You guys are a disease

See...you don't even know what you are talking about.....normal people don't shoot people..the people committing gun crime are people with long histories of violence and anti social behavior and long criminal records....you anti gun extremists keep lying by trying to say normal people, without any history of violence, buy a gun and all of a sudden murder their wife over a burned dinner....it...does...not...happen.....
Yes...with 300 million guns, you are a normal person up until the time you pull the trigger
You are a disease

Twit...do your research.....then you can post with some intelligence and knowledge....
Yea...heard it before

Murders are only committed by other people

You need to actually understand it...your ignorance is glaring...you blame normal people and want to punish normal people for the crimes of career criminals who misuse guns...and then you target normal gun owners who don't use guns to hurt people and allow gun criminals to murder other people...learn to deal with the truth, facts and reality...

You're whack dude. None of the school shooters have a long history of violence or even criminality. The guy who shoots at kids at a gas station over loud music or the retired police chief who shoots a man dead in a movie theater for throwing popcorn weren't career criminals. This stuff happens all of the time.

"In light of the attacks in Paris...shall we discuss gun control?"

No, we need to discuss why so many on the reprehensible right are attempting to exploit the tragedy in Paris for some perceived partisan gain.

allowing people to defend themselves from violent murderers is not partisan gain....you guys want unarmed, helpless people and push that agenda at every turn...some of us have to stop you to save lives...

Yes...with 300 million guns, you are a normal person up until the time you pull the trigger
You are a disease

Twit...do your research.....then you can post with some intelligence and knowledge....
Yea...heard it before

You need to actually understand it...your ignorance is glaring...you blame normal people and want to punish normal people for the crimes of career criminals who misuse guns...and then you target normal gun owners who don't use guns to hurt people and allow gun criminals to murder other people...learn to deal with the truth, facts and reality...

You're whack dude. None of the school shooters have a long history of violence or even criminality. The guy who shoots at kids at a gas station over loud music or the retired police chief who shoots a man dead in a movie theater for throwing popcorn weren't career criminals. This stuff happens all of the time.

the majority of all shootings are done buy people with long histories of violence and with long criminal records...the victims are also majority criminals...

You should go back and look up my posts on who shooters are, and the mother Jones article that counts the number of dead from mass shooters...

In 2014... 8,124 gun murders..

In 2014... The dead from mass shootings...about 9 people...

I have to check that number..it may be 20...

but you can see..mass shooters kill very few people...violent criminals account for 80% of all gun murders...

Normal people are not shooting innocent people simply because they own a gun...

Correct.

In the United States the Second Amendment acknowledges the right of citizens to carry concealed firearms pursuant to the right of lawful self-defense, not to act in the capacity of 'law enforcement,' or to 'fight crime.'

Indeed, the notion of an untrained civilian 'thwarting' a terrorist attack such as occurred in Paris by 'engaging' with the terrorists in some sort of 'gun battle' is delusional idiocy; such an individual would more likely kill innocent bystanders than the criminals.

With rights come responsibilities, and it's the responsibility of gun owners who carry a concealed firearm to know the law and the limits concerning carrying a firearm, and to not act in an irresponsible manner predicated on a pathetic, unfounded, ridiculous fantasy.

You are a disease

Yea...heard it before

the majority of all shootings are done buy people with long histories of violence and with long criminal records...the victims are also majority criminals...

You should go back and look up my posts on who shooters are, and the mother Jones article that counts the number of dead from mass shooters...

In 2014... 8,124 gun murders..

In 2014... The dead from mass shootings...about 9 people...

I have to check that number..it may be 20...

but you can see..mass shooters kill very few people...violent criminals account for 80% of all gun murders...

Normal people are not shooting innocent people simply because they own a gun...

They are.
The concealed carry nuts aren't stopping terrorist attacks, mass shooters or gun crime either.

Did the extreme gun control laws of France, far stricter than those here in the United States, prevent any of these attackers from getting their guns? You cannot legally own guns in FRance outside of some hunting shotguns and they probably have to be kept in a gun club..and you have to go through tremendous hassles to get access to those guns....does anyone think these terrorists did that?

Will we find out that these terrorists were well known to the French government?

As I have been saying...guns are easy to get in Europe if you are a criminal or a terrorist...that they don't use them more is simply a choice, not because they lack access....as these attacks show.

And in Europe..their criminals and terrorists prefer fully automatic rifles......as well as grenades....

Gun control worked incredibly well in France....not one of the victims who was murdered tonight will have been armed and able to resist the attack....

But....But....they don't have the kind of mass shootings that we do in America...right? And what have I said in post after post.....the culture over there is changing and that they were importing criminals to commit the gun crime that European criminals won't do...

And I would point out that armed French citizens could likely have reduced the ability of the attackers to kill the unarmed victims so easily.

Also...I have posted that the number of casualties in attacks in gun free societies will always be higher...because no one is armed, including many of the police forces...which means the time it takes for their special operations police...you know..the ones with guns...takes far longer to get into the fight...

These attacks show this to be true....

If you live in New York city...I would suggest watching yourself in public places and carry your concealed carry pistol if you haven't made a habit of it....oh....wait....that's right.....only those with the money to hire a lawyer can actually get a permit to carry a gun in New York city.....and of course the bodyguards of the political class......

I point out New York city because these nuts seem to focus on New York..but if you live in other big cities...Chicago, and L.A. I would keep your eyes open......
If Republicans had a brain they would drive the gun control point hard against Hillary over the next year.

You are a disease

Yea...heard it before

NO! "This kind of stuff" does not happen "all the time".
As usuall you're 100% assbackward in your thinking.
Ever heard of "the exception proves the rule"? There were about 8500 murders committed using a firearm in the US in 2014.
Of those murders 99% were committed by criminals against other criminals read inner city gangs.

"In light of the attacks in Paris...shall we discuss gun control?"

No, we need to discuss why so many on the reprehensible right are attempting to exploit the tragedy in Paris for some perceived partisan gain.

allowing people to defend themselves from violent murderers is not partisan gain....you guys want unarmed, helpless people and push that agenda at every turn...some of us have to stop you to save lives...

When and where through the course of an average week will you possibly need to defend yourself against " violent murders"?
You are living a paranoid fantasy.

Forum List

Back