In normal world, this is known as "fraud".

That's not what the civil law says under NY executive law 63 (12), which is what Trump was charged under....
It does not spell it out because it’s already inherent in the statement that there Is a Victim. You choose to not comprehend that, Victims Don’t Include “the State ” stop signs nor telephone poles.

So laws shouldn't be enforced unless there is a victim.

Therefore, you should be able to drive through a 20mph school zone at 95mph, as long as you don't hit any children.

Is that correct?
Me throwing my arms around creates no victim therefore no crime has occurred. Me making contact with someone’s jaw may be a crime as that party can qualify as a victim

So laws shouldn't be enforced unless there is a victim.

Therefore, you should be able to drive through a 20mph school zone at 95mph, as long as you don't hit any children.

Is that correct?
In your example the “victim” is the law itself. In this case being discussed there is no stipulated law that was broken because fraud Requires a party to be influenced and/or harmed by What occurred.

Maybe a trumper can explain:

If this "no victim" defense is so strong, why hasn't this argument been made in court?

This off-topic whining won't help Trump.
As I have said before I actually would like to see DeSantis win as I think he would accomplish more than Trump or at least be superior to any Democrat interested in running for President. The problem with DeSantis is that he lacks the charisma that Trump generates. He is more of a doer than a talker.

Of course you liberals are out to kill the DeSantis dragon you so fear. For example you said DeSantis banned books in Florida.

It does not spell it out because it’s already inherent in the statement that there Is a Victim. You choose to not comprehend that, Victims Don’t Include “the State ” stop signs nor telephone poles.
The judge brought up several cases which have precedent on the law being applied without a specific individual victim, to support the position he took to deny Trump attorney's motion to dismiss on those grounds.... It has already been adjudicated in court and the Trump team lost on it....

Trump team can try to appeal that ruling in a higher court, I would guess....?

How about covering up crimes of a favored candidate? Like Hillary or Joe Biden?

Poor baby. Democrats are just so mean to you. :itsok:

Every home we've sold I have valued higher than my real estate agent valued it. We both valued it higher to the potential buyer than the appraisal came in at. Nobody accused anybody of fraud. But we could drop the price to what the appraised value came in, the buyer felt like he/she got a good deal, and we got a fair price for the sale.

But I have yet to sell a property that the bank or other lender accepted the value I, the real estate agent, or the buyer put on it. They have it appraised by their own appraiser. And they also run a full background check on our buyer's credit, criminal record, etc. to be sure he/she is likely to be reliable to repay the loan.

See how the free market works? No fraud. No intended fraud. You just do business to the best advantage that is reasonable.

And since Trump has not defaulted on his Mar-a-lago loan nor have the bankers accused him of defrauding them, you can be sure they did the same before loaning millions of dollars and were satisfied they made a good deal. If Deutsche Bank who did a lot of business with Trump relied solely on Trump's own financial statements to make loans, then they may have been irresponsible and might should be investigated for being careless with their investor's money, but they certainly had all the resources they needed to investigate his background, credit history and net worth thoroughly.

4000% higher? :eusa_naughty:

I go by my own buying and selling history, by having a daughter-in-law and a good friend who are real estate agents.

We once bought a home when our previous home that was still mortgaged had not yet sold. We were in transitional jobs and didn't have an income at that time to merit two mortgages, but the lender made us the loan because we had been paying rent the equivalent of a mortgage payment plus the mortgage payments on the other house for a year with no defaults or late payments. So they made the judgment we were good for it. And we were.

But then we didn't have to deal with unbridled hate, dishonest prosecution, total TDS that Trump has to deal with.

You can be sure Deutsche bank who loaned Trump the money to buy Mar-a-lago knew he was good for it whether or not they used Trump's financial statements to make him the loan. They had been doing business with Trump for some time.

Ah, you still don't understand it's the repetitive intent that's the crime.

You can be sure that banks do not take the word alone of the people they lend to as to the value of the collateral backing the loan.

The banks are as corrupt as those who play the system. That's the reason for these laws.

You can be sure that banks do not take the word alone of the people they lend to as to the value of the collateral backing the loan.
Technically Trump’s other properties weren't used as collateral. The statement of financial condition was more to reflect the overall health of his businesses, which were not subject to the type of scrutiny that the properties used as collateral were.

The banks are as corrupt as those who play the system. That's the reason for these laws.
I'm sure some banks are and some are simply operating under whatever laws are put in place for them. But banks do not accept the word alone of the borrower for the value of the collateral underwriting a loan.

Forum List

Back