In only 10% of counties in the US can a worker afford a 2 bedroom apartment working 40 hours a week

It's the same with my company when my employer is looking for a replacement worker. Plenty of people apply, but none that can pass a drug screening.

These days there are many things you can do to fool drug tests. Many things. I dont doubt many drug users may not advance.

But that said, there is still employers that dont pay much and housing that is out of reach.

When I was 25 I made 3 times the minimum wage and that was not enough to buy a home or rent on my own.

Those drug masking products don't work. One of our former employees tried it. He paid something like 30 bucks for the kit. It masked the drugs, but they detected the mask in his urine and he was disqualified. Because it's a government overseen job, they suspended his medical card until he took a rehab course. He returned to work, and two months later, his name got pulled again. He just walked into my employers office and offered his resignation.

How much money you make is up to you--not the employer. You can't ask industry to pay more than the labor is worth. Companies don't open up as a social obligation, they open up to make profit.

We as a society had choices to make with our industry and products. We could have cheap products, a strong market growth, or good paying jobs, but you can't have all three. We chose good investment opportunities and cheaper prices.

I moved into my first apartment in 1980. I was making a little over twice the federal minimum wage. I easily afforded my apartment and never moved back home since.
I used them for years. Many times for many years. Masking is simple, dilute the urine. Drink something to raise the specific gravity and replace the creatin.

What do you mean by dilute the urine?

1) helping to reverse the Great Recession he inherited from Bush 6 months into his presidency

They just keep on repeating the same lie over and over and over
And Im no BUsh fan

the so-called "great recession of 2008" is a myth. There was a market correction driven by bad mortgage policy, nothing more. Smart people made a lot of money in 08 and 09

We were lied to. The reasons why are many.

the left needed a talking point, so they made up the "great recession"

The lies started with Bush. The "bail out" was defeated and both Obama and McCain dropped campaigning to go back to Washington to help save it.

Both parties lied to us.

So don't work for them.
And be unemployed?

Do what you gotta do.
How does that make sense?

If your only true choice is minimum wage or unemployment, then it's time to re-evaluate your life choices.
Sometimes there are jobs out there to be had. Plenty right now yes, but what about 10 years ago?

That's something you'd have to take up with Obama.

And be unemployed?

Do what you gotta do.

If your only true choice is minimum wage or unemployment, then it's time to re-evaluate your life choices.
Sometimes there are jobs out there to be had. Plenty right now yes, but what about 10 years ago?

Nope. The fool republicans who left the mess for President Obama to clean up.

thats exactly what the dem/left in this country is trying to do today. Punish free speech and any speech that does not comply with their dictates. Wake up dude.
First off, I know more than most.

Second I said nothing that you somehow think I did.

Third I am drinking my coffee, black.

Fourth, I have done nothing here but spell out how the government makes stuff very expensive hence we must make a lot of money just to make ends meet.

Fifth, and this very important. The government guarantees 30 year loans which did drive up the price of real estate.

Sixth, the government also guarantees to make you pay the government for your property as long as you live.

Hardly do I sound like a liberal, if you read what I write and not what a moron may interpret wrongly.

the government has been guaranteeing 30 year loans for decades, its nothing new. What was new in 08 was giving them to people who had no way of making the payments.

if you aren't a lib, great.

Do what you gotta do.

Dodd and Frank were not republicans

Do what you gotta do.

Yep, guessing you may be the only one on the planet that got one of those shovel ready jobs.

thats exactly what the dem/left in this country is trying to do today. Punish free speech and any speech that does not comply with their dictates. Wake up dude.

Fourth, I have done nothing here but spell out how the government makes stuff very expensive hence we must make a lot of money just to make ends meet.

Fifth, and this very important. The government guarantees 30 year loans which did drive up the price of real estate.

Sixth, the government also guarantees to make you pay the government for your property as long as you live.

Hardly do I sound like a liberal, if you read what I write and not what a moron may interpret wrongly.

the government has been guaranteeing 30 year loans for decades, its nothing new. What was new in 08 was giving them to people who had no way of making the payments.

That's exactly true.

Banks were pressured into making these loans because they were "guaranteed", particularly in areas with a lot of minorities and indigents.

When I applied for a mortgage in 2007, I was earning 60k a year and the bank said I was good for a loan for a Quarter Mil.

Insanity, and of course I didn't take that much of a loan or even close. But others certainly did.

And since the banks immediately bundled the loans and sold them as AAA graded securities, there were going to be problems.

That's exactly true.

Banks were pressured into making these loans because they were "guaranteed", particularly in areas with a lot of minorities and indigents.

When I applied for a mortgage in 2007, I was earning 60k a year and the bank said I was good for a loan for a Quarter Mil.

Insanity, and of course I didn't take that much of a loan or even close. But others certainly did.

And since the banks immediately bundled the loans and sold them as AAA graded securities, there were going to be problems.

I became suspicious of something going on when I went to the bank for something I can't remember now. But while I was waiting for a loan officer, I spoke with another who was passing by.

I asked what the standards were for purchasing more rental property? The reason I asked was because back in the mid 90's when I purchased the ones I have now, the bank put me through hell to buy them. It took several months before approval.

She said I can buy as many as I wanted! I asked if they still use 30% down, and she replied that no they don't, and I can use my current properties as collateral and not put anything down.

I was shocked at the answer, but I had no idea what was really going on at the time. It wasn't until the bubble started to get so big I began to research it. I lost two good tenants who I knew were way over extended on their credit, and didn't have much if anything in their savings, but both bought houses; one of them in a very upper-class area.

Yes, and when you research what

Yes, many factors drive up the cost of affordable living. Freddie Mac, comes to mind, it is long history of much government rules and regulations and corruption.

Giving loans to those who could not pay for them. This is where I show I know everything.

You meant, 1990? The late 1980's? When George Bush bailed out the banks who made bad loans to people who could not pay for them on overvalued property?

Most people dont know, research, are not old enough, or smart enough to see the same scam ran twice. The savings and loan crisis, the apple does not fall far from the tree.

Dodd and Frank were not republicans
Bush at least pretended to be.

Yep, guessing you may be the only one on the planet that got one of those shovel ready jobs.
I haven't worked for anyone else in several decades.

Good for you, many liberals haven't worked for anyone.

This is true, especially for liberals on USMB. It seems to me they all either work for themselves, are independently wealthy, or are comfortably retired and doing financially well. Me? I'm the only truck driver here.

The confusing part is why are all these well-to-do liberals are against people being responsible for themselves, want government to provide everything, and are for high taxation for people just like themselves. Hmmmm.

I've yet to meet a liberal here that has a standard blue collar job working 40 or more hours a week. Most of them are un USMB all day long while the rest of us are working. Hmmmm.

This is true, especially for liberals on USMB. It seems to me they all either work for themselves, are independently wealthy, or are comfortably retired and doing financially well. Me? I'm the only truck driver here.

The confusing part is why are all these well-to-do liberals are against people being responsible for themselves, want government to provide everything, and are for high taxation for people just like themselves. Hmmmm.

I've yet to meet a liberal here that has a standard blue collar job working 40 or more hours a week. Most of them are un USMB all day long while the rest of us are working. Hmmmm.
I tend to think the opposite. They are mostly cellar dwellers if under 40 and over 40 crowd mostly government dependents and bitter about those who made it. And Never underestimate the number of paid liberal bots here, $12.50 per post.

I tend to think the opposite. They are mostly cellar dwellers if under 40 and over 40 crowd mostly government dependents and bitter about those who made it. And Never underestimate the number of paid liberal bots here, $12.50 per post.

Yeah, but they'll deny that no matter what. Only a liberal can look into the eyes of Jesus and lie to him. That's the way they are.

In my line of work I've gotten to know wealthy people. I have a few in my family, and none of them spew the nonsense the liberals here do, even my one liberal cousin. Her main issues are women's lib, gay rights, and the environment. Somewhat understandable since she is gay and claims to have been discriminated against as a female when she was working her way up in the 70's. But she's not a far leftist that believes anything the Democrat party tells her.

'A national problem': U.S. housing affordability is out of whack with minimum wage

Obviously this should bother republican voters, but they have this fantasy mindset that Trump will turn this country into some kind of utopia despite the fact that he had two years to do so with a republican Congress. Their only response when presented with this is the usual pathetic deflection of “well Obama didn’t do it! Derp, derp, derp!”

Now granted Obama achieved little in improving the lives of the middle class and poor besides a few policies. These policies include 1) helping to reverse the Great Recession he inherited from Bush 6 months into his presidency and producing job growth EVER SINCE. 2) Expanding OT pay eligibility for thousands of US workers 3) guaranteeing people receive healthcare from pre-existing conditions, 4) passing the biggest middle class tax cut since Reagan

He also TRIED to invest education and raise the minimum wage but was blocked by republicans.

The point I am making is that republicans do fucking NOTHING to help the poor and middle class but democrats at least make an attempt despite failing on a significant scale. This nuance matters whether you like it or not.
That’s what happens when democrats refuse to invest in middle class jobs in inner cities.. and try to shut down production in the name or climate change

Or when the Republicans block the creation of clean jobs for those same inner cities because it doesn't line up with their political agenda. I'll say it again. One of the responsibilities of our Government is to get those friggin jobs into those areas. If it takes regulations (like it was before Reagan) then that is what we need to do. Retroact those regulations. If it takes Tariffs to force those jobs back to our shores then do it. If it takes enforcing the Rico and Sherman Acts then do it. We used to do those things and our economies were never better. If a Corporation can't act like it's good for the nation, force it to act like it's good for the nation. If it can't be good for the nation maybe it shouldn't be part of the nation. There is more about Nationalism than what the so called "Nationalists" believe today.
Clean jobs mean you are over regulating who can open businesses, which mean only rich people,, so small business can’t flourish, small capital can’t get a chance. And millions struggle..
we don’t need clean anything work is dirty, production pollutes, we want to be dirty we want opportunity,, take your regulations and move to Europe.

I retired from one of those Clean Jobs. Not I still do it except I help people for free. I still do a few electric vehicles when someone is doing a home build. You don't have to be a big Corporation to do that. Small Business is quite capable these days. And there are a lot of small business electric vehicles out on the road that are not counted in any of the counts you hear about. So don't give me this crap about regulating hurting or stopping the small business. It doesn't affect the small business a whole hell of a lot. Never has.

Yeah, I never slept all day, I have never done drugs, and I have never run the streets at night! Neither have any of my kids, and that is why they are all successful today.

You forget that as a teacher, I interacted with literally thousands of young people in my career. Many of those kids had poor attendance, were arrested for drug possession, and slept through class when they were there. They never graduated and thus had no work skills and would up in minimum wage jobs.

Now, tell me where I am wrong!
You are wrong. You make assumptions. Sure, you most likely know what happened to one or two kids. But you do not know what happened to a whole school.

The fact that you state that only kids that are drug addicts work minimum wage jobs shows that you have very little knowledge of work outside of government schools.

Stereotyping comes to mind when I read your post.

I never said that, now did I?

Why don't you look deep inside at your own problems like your apparent inability to read as a personal problem that needs higher attention that the problems of others?

I currently work for the US Army in recruiting. If had even a 1/10th of a penny for every applicant I disqualified because of drugs, lack of education, and inability to pass the required exams, I would rich beyond my wildest imagination.

I have real world experience with this topic. You have your "feels" like most libtards!
Actually, that is what you said twice.

If you really are a recruiter I can see why the suicide rate is so high.

I am sure all the pot heads and opioid addicts are lined up for the strict life of the military.

You are so full of shit. Pot heads and drug addicts all want to join the army. That could be true, the army is pretty weak. I am sure you recruited many of the light users.

I note that you cannot quote where I ever I said anything of the sort. Checkmate loser!

Why don't you take advantage of that opportunity since you talk about it so much?

You'll be happier and probably make lot of other people happier!

It is not current addicts, as much as it is those who discovered the error of their ways after getting arrested for possession (disqualifier), committing a felony (disqualifier) or failing to at least get a GED (disqualifier). Only one of those can be fixed!

Take a job, for a wage is, at least until Communism is installed in the US, a voluntary act.

There will always be those too lazy or unskilled to work for anything but the lowest wages. But, by agreeing to a wage that somehow doesn't provide you with enough weed or che t-shirts, you've lost the moral right to demand more.

If you aren't satisfied with your low wages, go do something else.

Otherwise, take what you agreed to take when you took the job and like it.
Okay you say this shit despite the statistic I quoted in my OP. Are ALL of those workers lazy with the exception of those in the 10% of counties?

Maybe if the democrat controlled schools taught math, english, science instead of teaching classes in "How to pick your new Gender," "Why America Sucks, and the rest of the world is great," "Why you are a racist pig and how to give politiicans more power because you are a racist pig," then our children wouldn't be going to college for degrees in French Poetry, and would instead learn how to make a living....outside of working at Starbucks.

many of the problems we are seeing today can be traced directly back to the teachers union and its move from teaching to indoctrination.

Since you haven't read or learned from the hundreds of threads on the topic, teachers unions have ZERO impact on curriculum, anywhere in the United States.

You just outed yourself as a monumental dumbass!

you are FOS. prove your allegation or STFU.

How about the fact that I was teacher and school administrator for 21 years? How about the fact that I have a Master's degree in educational leadership, meaning I am qualified to be a school superintendent.

How about you prove YOUR allegation? Teachers unions have zero impact on curriculum as those decisions are made by state boards of education in most cases, and local school districts in others. Unless you were a teacher, you would just rely on the education basher and teacher wannabees talking points so common on this forum.

I was union member off and on throughout my career. They never did anything for me except smack my principal down when he tried to fire me, accusing me of not doing my job, despite the fact that he had all of the required reports in his hands. When I left he was demoted to an small elementary school. Those poor kids!

Forum List

Back