In only 10% of counties in the US can a worker afford a 2 bedroom apartment working 40 hours a week

Say what? Just about everybody works a 40 hour week.

:D

First%20part%20time%20job-S.jpg

While people like to joke about this, Americans are stupid when it comes to the amount of hours we are willing to work, and then we brag about it like working 65 hours a week is a good thing!

'A national problem': U.S. housing affordability is out of whack with minimum wage

Obviously this should bother republican voters, but they have this fantasy mindset that Trump will turn this country into some kind of utopia despite the fact that he had two years to do so with a republican Congress. Their only response when presented with this is the usual pathetic deflection of “well Obama didn’t do it! Derp, derp, derp!”

Now granted Obama achieved little in improving the lives of the middle class and poor besides a few policies. These policies include 1) helping to reverse the Great Recession he inherited from Bush 6 months into his presidency and producing job growth EVER SINCE. 2) Expanding OT pay eligibility for thousands of US workers 3) guaranteeing people receive healthcare from pre-existing conditions, 4) passing the biggest middle class tax cut since Reagan

He also TRIED to invest education and raise the minimum wage but was blocked by republicans.

The point I am making is that republicans do fucking NOTHING to help the poor and middle class but democrats at least make an attempt despite failing on a significant scale. This nuance matters whether you like it or not.

It is a damn good thing that less than 4% of all US workers earn minimum wage then!

Why do you speak of "middle class" when talking about minimum wage. The only way minimum wage affects the middle class is by how much their teenage kids get paid during their high school years.

Yeah if you had it your way with a $15 dollar minimum wage over 40% of workers would make minimum wage.

Actually dumb fuck if you read the thread you would know that I am opposed to an artificial minimum wage. Fuck dude, do you have to try and be this stupid or does it come naturally?

My ass you are, just another Jake the fake sock.

:itsok:

'A national problem': U.S. housing affordability is out of whack with minimum wage

Obviously this should bother republican voters, but they have this fantasy mindset that Trump will turn this country into some kind of utopia despite the fact that he had two years to do so with a republican Congress. Their only response when presented with this is the usual pathetic deflection of “well Obama didn’t do it! Derp, derp, derp!”

Now granted Obama achieved little in improving the lives of the middle class and poor besides a few policies. These policies include 1) helping to reverse the Great Recession he inherited from Bush 6 months into his presidency and producing job growth EVER SINCE. 2) Expanding OT pay eligibility for thousands of US workers 3) guaranteeing people receive healthcare from pre-existing conditions, 4) passing the biggest middle class tax cut since Reagan

He also TRIED to invest education and raise the minimum wage but was blocked by republicans.

The point I am making is that republicans do fucking NOTHING to help the poor and middle class but democrats at least make an attempt despite failing on a significant scale. This nuance matters whether you like it or not.
That’s what happens when democrats refuse to invest in middle class jobs in inner cities.. and try to shut down production in the name or climate change

Or when the Republicans block the creation of clean jobs for those same inner cities because it doesn't line up with their political agenda. I'll say it again. One of the responsibilities of our Government is to get those friggin jobs into those areas. If it takes regulations (like it was before Reagan) then that is what we need to do. Retroact those regulations. If it takes Tariffs to force those jobs back to our shores then do it. If it takes enforcing the Rico and Sherman Acts then do it. We used to do those things and our economies were never better. If a Corporation can't act like it's good for the nation, force it to act like it's good for the nation. If it can't be good for the nation maybe it shouldn't be part of the nation. There is more about Nationalism than what the so called "Nationalists" believe today.

Say what? Just about everybody works a 40 hour week.

:D

First%20part%20time%20job-S.jpg

While people like to joke about this, Americans are stupid when it comes to the amount of hours we are willing to work, and then we brag about it like working 65 hours a week is a good thing!

You'd be surprised at how many people simply like to work. My father is one of those people. I always said if he hit the lottery, he'd still be laying brick. He loved doing it, and did it many years after he retired.

A couple of guys I work with are retired and work full time. Another few work part-time. The two guys working full time retired from the government; one the city and the other the county. They got nice retirement packages and both retired at 55. There is no other reason to work other than you love working.

Me? I'm counting the days to retirement and hope to do so in three years. Once I crawl out of that tractor, I'm never going back unless finances become a real problem.

That’s what happens when democrats refuse to invest in middle class jobs in inner cities.. and try to shut down production in the name or climate change

Or when the Republicans block the creation of clean jobs for those same inner cities because it doesn't line up with their political agenda. I'll say it again. One of the responsibilities of our Government is to get those friggin jobs into those areas. If it takes regulations (like it was before Reagan) then that is what we need to do. Retroact those regulations. If it takes Tariffs to force those jobs back to our shores then do it. If it takes enforcing the Rico and Sherman Acts then do it. We used to do those things and our economies were never better. If a Corporation can't act like it's good for the nation, force it to act like it's good for the nation. If it can't be good for the nation maybe it shouldn't be part of the nation. There is more about Nationalism than what the so called "Nationalists" believe today.

Walter Williams

Walter Williams

Before Reagan and Congress of the time removed or softened many of the Regulations, we had a handle on things that worked for over 200 years. It worked even with automation being a factor. A part of the factory automated, another part opened up to absorb the work force. An industry automated, another would create that would utilize the same workers for something else. If the elites wanted to make even more money (which they did) they had to invest in the Nation or just be satisfied with what they already had (fat chance on that). Let's face it, expansion to that type of person is like an obsession. When it's a healthy thing, the nation and the person grows with it. Now, remove the restriction like the Reagan years and make it global. It's only healthy to the individual and not the nation.

The problem is, the centuries old regulations that were worked out painfully were all but wiped out in a matter of only a couple of years. A Greedy MFer being the Greedy MFer that they are, slowly learned how to be even more of a Greedy MFer than he already was. During the 80s, it was quite a caravan for production jobs leaving from America to China. Even Mexico felt that China Exodus. Name Brands that were thought to be US staples were not made in China. Black and Decker was once a top brand but in the 90s, they became cheap pieces of junk. RCA became not any better than any other cheap Chinese brand. The list goes on and on.

And who was the driving force in the 80s? One company, Walmart. Their buyers were the most aggressive in the business. They didn't ask you what you would sell your products to them for, they told you what they would pay for them. If you didn't sell to them at that price, they would work to open a factory in China to sell an identical product so they could buy it for the price they told you they would pay. We lost Zenith TV due to this. Thompson (RCA) moved over seas due to this but Zenith refused and shut down their TV and Stereo Divisions. How do I know? I used to work for Walmart and when I went out the door, I recovered my integrity.

The damage has already been done and the bell will never be unrung. But there are things we can do to make things better. And we had damned well better start doing them. Let's face it, downtown Urban Centers aren't going to get any better and will just spread out if we don't.

Yeah, I never slept all day, I have never done drugs, and I have never run the streets at night! Neither have any of my kids, and that is why they are all successful today.

You forget that as a teacher, I interacted with literally thousands of young people in my career. Many of those kids had poor attendance, were arrested for drug possession, and slept through class when they were there. They never graduated and thus had no work skills and would up in minimum wage jobs.

Now, tell me where I am wrong!
You are wrong. You make assumptions. Sure, you most likely know what happened to one or two kids. But you do not know what happened to a whole school.

The fact that you state that only kids that are drug addicts work minimum wage jobs shows that you have very little knowledge of work outside of government schools.

Stereotyping comes to mind when I read your post.

I never said that, now did I?

Why don't you look deep inside at your own problems like your apparent inability to read as a personal problem that needs higher attention that the problems of others?

I currently work for the US Army in recruiting. If had even a 1/10th of a penny for every applicant I disqualified because of drugs, lack of education, and inability to pass the required exams, I would rich beyond my wildest imagination.

I have real world experience with this topic. You have your "feels" like most libtards!
Actually, that is what you said twice.

If you really are a recruiter I can see why the suicide rate is so high.

I am sure all the pot heads and opioid addicts are lined up for the strict life of the military.

You are so full of shit. Pot heads and drug addicts all want to join the army. That could be true, the army is pretty weak. I am sure you recruited many of the light users.

It's the same with my company when my employer is looking for a replacement worker. Plenty of people apply, but none that can pass a drug screening.

These days there are many things you can do to fool drug tests. Many things. I dont doubt many drug users may not advance.

But that said, there is still employers that dont pay much and housing that is out of reach.

When I was 25 I made 3 times the minimum wage and that was not enough to buy a home or rent on my own.

It's the same with my company when my employer is looking for a replacement worker. Plenty of people apply, but none that can pass a drug screening.

These days there are many things you can do to fool drug tests. Many things. I dont doubt many drug users may not advance.

But that said, there is still employers that dont pay much and housing that is out of reach.

When I was 25 I made 3 times the minimum wage and that was not enough to buy a home or rent on my own.

the government does not guarantee everyone an income of their choosing, what you make is up to you. If you want to be a slave of the government in exchange for free housing, move to north korea.

Walter Williams

Before Reagan and Congress of the time removed or softened many of the Regulations, we had a handle on things that worked for over 200 years. It worked even with automation being a factor. A part of the factory automated, another part opened up to absorb the work force. An industry automated, another would create that would utilize the same workers for something else. If the elites wanted to make even more money (which they did) they had to invest in the Nation or just be satisfied with what they already had (fat chance on that). Let's face it, expansion to that type of person is like an obsession. When it's a healthy thing, the nation and the person grows with it. Now, remove the restriction like the Reagan years and make it global. It's only healthy to the individual and not the nation.

The problem is, the centuries old regulations that were worked out painfully were all but wiped out in a matter of only a couple of years. A Greedy MFer being the Greedy MFer that they are, slowly learned how to be even more of a Greedy MFer than he already was. During the 80s, it was quite a caravan for production jobs leaving from America to China. Even Mexico felt that China Exodus. Name Brands that were thought to be US staples were not made in China. Black and Decker was once a top brand but in the 90s, they became cheap pieces of junk. RCA became not any better than any other cheap Chinese brand. The list goes on and on.

And who was the driving force in the 80s? One company, Walmart. Their buyers were the most aggressive in the business. They didn't ask you what you would sell your products to them for, they told you what they would pay for them. If you didn't sell to them at that price, they would work to open a factory in China to sell an identical product so they could buy it for the price they told you they would pay. We lost Zenith TV due to this. Thompson (RCA) moved over seas due to this but Zenith refused and shut down their TV and Stereo Divisions. How do I know? I used to work for Walmart and when I went out the door, I recovered my integrity.

The damage has already been done and the bell will never be unrung. But there are things we can do to make things better. And we had damned well better start doing them. Let's face it, downtown Urban Centers aren't going to get any better and will just spread out if we don't.

Jobs have been leaving the US since the 70's long before Reagan. It was in response to unions and taxation, both supported by the Democrat party.

Throughout time, the American consumers lost their will of solidarity and became more concerned about cost. As time went on, we found more and more things to buy, so our dollars had to stretch much farther.

Consumers made that choice, not government. Vendors quickly realized the trend.

At one time you went to the gas station and the attendant took care of your car. He would fill up your tank, check the oil, wash your windows, check your tire pressure. If you paid with a credit card, he would ring that up at the pump and provide you with a receipt.

However a new idea emerged. A gas station could make more money by not having their mechanics stop working on cars to pump gas. So they put aside one pump as self serve, and the draw was it being cheaper than the regular pumps.

Before you knew it, the self-serve pump had a waiting line, so they made two pumps self-serve, and the same thing happened. Eventually all gasoline pumps became self-serve because it was cheaper for the consumer, and more profitable for the gas station.

Well gee, that’s a brilliant solution. Okay so let’s pretend everyone did that despite such a thing being mathematically impossible. Who would be left behind to work those minimum wage jobs? I mean we are also talking about service jobs that pay more than minimum wage but still very much south of a live able wage.

Take a job, for a wage is, at least until Communism is installed in the US, a voluntary act.

There will always be those too lazy or unskilled to work for anything but the lowest wages. But, by agreeing to a wage that somehow doesn't provide you with enough weed or che t-shirts, you've lost the moral right to demand more.

If you aren't satisfied with your low wages, go do something else.

Otherwise, take what you agreed to take when you took the job and like it.
Okay you say this shit despite the statistic I quoted in my OP. Are ALL of those workers lazy with the exception of those in the 10% of counties?

Maybe if the democrat controlled schools taught math, english, science instead of teaching classes in "How to pick your new Gender," "Why America Sucks, and the rest of the world is great," "Why you are a racist pig and how to give politiicans more power because you are a racist pig," then our children wouldn't be going to college for degrees in French Poetry, and would instead learn how to make a living....outside of working at Starbucks.

many of the problems we are seeing today can be traced directly back to the teachers union and its move from teaching to indoctrination.

Since you haven't read or learned from the hundreds of threads on the topic, teachers unions have ZERO impact on curriculum, anywhere in the United States.

You just outed yourself as a monumental dumbass!

you are FOS. prove your allegation or STFU.

the government does not guarantee everyone an income of their choosing, what you make is up to you. If you want to be a slave of the government in exchange for free housing, move to north korea.
I never said that, not even close. Ehy don't you go back in time to communist controlled Russia and accuse your neighbors of saying things you dont like and have them thrown in the Gulags.

1) helping to reverse the Great Recession he inherited from Bush 6 months into his presidency

They just keep on repeating the same lie over and over and over
And Im no BUsh fan

the so-called "great recession of 2008" is a myth. There was a market correction driven by bad mortgage policy, nothing more. Smart people made a lot of money in 08 and 09

1) helping to reverse the Great Recession he inherited from Bush 6 months into his presidency

And Im no BUsh fan

the so-called "great recession of 2008" is a myth. There was a market correction driven by bad mortgage policy, nothing more. Smart people made a lot of money in 08 and 09

We were lied to. The reasons why are many.

I never said that, not even close. Ehy don't you go back in time to communist controlled Russia and accuse your neighbors of saying things you dont like and have them thrown in the Gulags.

thats exactly what the dem/left in this country is trying to do today. Punish free speech and any speech that does not comply with their dictates. Wake up dude.

And Im no BUsh fan

We were lied to. The reasons why are many.

the left needed a talking point, so they made up the "great recession"

Clean jobs mean you are over regulating who can open businesses, which mean only rich people,, so small business can’t flourish, small capital can’t get a chance. And millions struggle..
we don’t need clean anything work is dirty, production pollutes, we want to be dirty we want opportunity,, take your regulations and move to Europe.

thats exactly what the dem/left in this country is trying to do today. Punish free speech and any speech that does not comply with their dictates. Wake up dude.
First off, I know more than most.

Second I said nothing that you somehow think I did.

Third I am drinking my coffee, black.

Fourth, I have done nothing here but spell out how the government makes stuff very expensive hence we must make a lot of money just to make ends meet.

Fifth, and this very important. The government guarantees 30 year loans which did drive up the price of real estate.

Sixth, the government also guarantees to make you pay the government for your property as long as you live.

Hardly do I sound like a liberal, if you read what I write and not what a moron may interpret wrongly.

Those drug masking products don't work. One of our former employees tried it. He paid something like 30 bucks for the kit. It masked the drugs, but they detected the mask in his urine and he was disqualified. Because it's a government overseen job, they suspended his medical card until he took a rehab course. He returned to work, and two months later, his name got pulled again. He just walked into my employers office and offered his resignation.

How much money you make is up to you--not the employer. You can't ask industry to pay more than the labor is worth. Companies don't open up as a social obligation, they open up to make profit.

We as a society had choices to make with our industry and products. We could have cheap products, a strong market growth, or good paying jobs, but you can't have all three. We chose good investment opportunities and cheaper prices.

I moved into my first apartment in 1980. I was making a little over twice the federal minimum wage. I easily afforded my apartment and never moved back home since.

Those drug masking products don't work. One of our former employees tried it. He paid something like 30 bucks for the kit. It masked the drugs, but they detected the mask in his urine and he was disqualified. Because it's a government overseen job, they suspended his medical card until he took a rehab course. He returned to work, and two months later, his name got pulled again. He just walked into my employers office and offered his resignation.

How much money you make is up to you--not the employer. You can't ask industry to pay more than the labor is worth. Companies don't open up as a social obligation, they open up to make profit.

We as a society had choices to make with our industry and products. We could have cheap products, a strong market growth, or good paying jobs, but you can't have all three. We chose good investment opportunities and cheaper prices.

I moved into my first apartment in 1980. I was making a little over twice the federal minimum wage. I easily afforded my apartment and never moved back home since.
I used them for years. Many times for many years. Masking is simple, dilute the urine. Drink something to raise the specific gravity and replace the creatin.

Forum List

Back