In Politics and Society: Is it Intolerant to be Intolerant of Intolerance?

Status
Not open for further replies.
YOU are the one using it as a tactical weapon. You are using it to deflect what SHOULD be the topic and what is the CORE of the problem....WHAT Phil Robertson said and HOW he said it. What Phil Robertson said and how he said it should be denounced by liberals, conservatives, gays, straights, blacks, whites and ALL citizens. No man or woman could not have been more defamatory, incendiary and used words in a more despicable way than Phil Robertson's did describing a group of people.

What Phil Robertson said should be roundly criticized by everyone, liberal or conservative.

I don't like what he said. I don't agree with what he said.

So?

Your OWN words say you are a liar. You want to blame the people Phil defamed.

Anti-PC people making a mistake on the Duck Dynasty story

Those of us who have had enough BS from the PC Police are making it easy for them to wiggle out of this story on the hairy southern duck guy.

By bringing up -- or worse, letting them move the conversation to -- freedom of speech or religion or television contracts or the Constitution, you're giving them the opportunity to avoid the real issue (at least in my humble opinion): Their hypocritical, narcissistic intolerance.

Plus, this issue doesn't exist in a vacuum. It's just the latest in a long, long line of examples of their bigotry and intolerance. Holy crap, some of the things I've seen them say here about people who live in that area, wow.

The pushback is absolutely great and terribly overdue. They've jumped the shark with their race-baiting, language-manipulating, phony self esteem-building, forced inclusion silliness and it's clear that the pushback has begun. Yay!

This isn't (or shouldn't be) about the 1st Amendment or television contracts or religion. It should be about the hypocritical, paranoid, intolerant narcissism of the PC Police, and how they want to punish and intimidate people and businesses.

Look, I really don't think you understand my point. If you want to think I'm a liar, that's okay with me. I've said the same stuff about a hundred times now, and I realize it's just not going to connect with some people.

So?

Those of us who have had enough BS from the PC Police are making it easy for them to wiggle out of this story on the hairy southern duck guy.

By bringing up -- or worse, letting them move the conversation to -- freedom of speech or religion or television contracts or the Constitution, you're giving them the opportunity to avoid the real issue (at least in my humble opinion): Their hypocritical, narcissistic intolerance.

Plus, this issue doesn't exist in a vacuum. It's just the latest in a long, long line of examples of their bigotry and intolerance. Holy crap, some of the things I've seen them say here about people who live in that area, wow.

The pushback is absolutely great and terribly overdue. They've jumped the shark with their race-baiting, language-manipulating, phony self esteem-building, forced inclusion silliness and it's clear that the pushback has begun. Yay!

This isn't (or shouldn't be) about the 1st Amendment or television contracts or religion. It should be about the hypocritical, paranoid, intolerant narcissism of the PC Police, and how they want to punish and intimidate people and businesses.

Look, I really don't think you understand my point. If you want to think I'm a liar, that's okay with me. I've said the same stuff about a hundred times now, and I realize it's just not going to connect with some people.

You said the issue is the "hypocritical, narcissistic intolerance" of the "PC Police"......in this case.....GLAAD.

That is the issue that "they" are diverting from? Really? That is it?

So?

I completely understand your point. You made it clear in your thread...CRYSTAL.

You have given us a textbook example of how the right has used 'PC police' as a shield, a deflection and a diversion from the REAL topic... WHAT Phil Robertson SAID, and HOW he said it.

You have given us a textbook example of how the right has used 'PC police' as a shield, a deflection and a diversion from the REAL topic... WHAT Phil Robertson SAID, and HOW he said it.

And YOU ARE A LYING POS THAT QUOTES GOOD PEOPLE LIKE PHIL COMPLETELY OUT OF CONTEXT

And YOU ARE A LYING POS THAT QUOTES GOOD PEOPLE LIKE PHIL COMPLETELY OUT OF CONTEXT

How disappointing. I really thought you were gonna be an interesting person to talk to at one time. Just goes to show......I am not always right.

There IS no context that will make what Phil said any less defamatory, incendiary or a less despicable way of describing a group of people.

I've already said that I disagreed with what he said.

Do I need to find a way to make that more clear to you?

There IS no context that will make what Phil said any less defamatory, incendiary or a less despicable way of describing a group of people.

He was asked to comment about sinners. Sinners, he said, include minor sins like gays and branch up and out from there. Do you deny murder is a sin? WTF is wrong with you?

And meanwhile, same sex couples are getting married in Utah.

The symbol of the gay rights movement is now that of ordinary gay people exercising their rights just to do very ordinary things like getting married,

while one of the last symbols of the dying anti-gay movement is a human cartoon character on a television show in television's worst genre of television shows.

Did Foxy come out against those who were pressuring A&E to reinstate this guy? Obviously, they are in her words..."pure evil".

The symbol of the gay rights movement is now that of ordinary gay people exercising their rights just to do very ordinary things like getting married,

while one of the last symbols of the dying anti-gay movement is a human cartoon character on a television show in television's worst genre of television shows.

Again, I hope they invite him to debate an empty chair at their convention in a few years. That worked out so well for them last time.

That is your opinion, is it not? Let him have his, and you can have yours. It doesn't change the meaning of either one. Just don't whine when he has opinions that don't match yours.

:eusa_whistle:

Again Glaad isnt being the PC police in this. This isnt the right story for your message.

Again, I hope they invite him to debate an empty chair at their convention in a few years. That worked out so well for them last time.

I don't know if I'd be as eager as you are to remind everyone if I had voted for a guy who could so easily be replaced by an empty chair. :eusa_whistle:

So have I. And I don't like the way he said it. I don't have a problem with homosexuality and I am not the least bit homophobic.

But that isn't the point is it?

The point is that GLAAD is a very powerful, very well funded organization doing advocacy for gays and lesbians. It demands that gays and lesbians be allowed to be who and what they are no matter what anybody thinks or feels or believes or says. But they are not willing to allow Phil Robertson to be who and what he is. And that is hypocritical and, in my opinion, evil.

And most of the folks posting here--there are one or two exceptions--who all happen to be on the left seem incapable of seeing that hypocrisy. They don't see anything wrong with a mob, group, or organization physically and/or materially harming somebody for the 'sin' of political incorrectness. But they will condemn the AFA for going after Ellen Degeneres. And so do I condemn that bad act of the AFA. It was also evil.

Why can't they see the hypocrisy is defending one group while condemning the other? I condemn the bad acts of both.

Last edited:

So have I. And I don't like the way he said it. I don't have a problem with homosexuality and I am not the least bit homophobic.

But that isn't the point is it?

The point is that GLAAD is a very powerful, very well funded organization doing advocacy for gays and lesbians. It demands that gays and lesbians be allowed to be who and what they are no matter what anybody thinks or feels or believes or says. But they are not willing to allow Phil Robertson to be who and what he is. And that is hypocritical and, in my opinion, evil. It was also evil for the AFA to go after Ellen Degeneres for absolutely no reason other than she was gay.

And most of the folks posting here--there are one or two exceptions--who all happen to be on the left seem incapable of seeing that hypocrisy. They don't see anything wrong with a mob, group, or organization physically and/or materially harming somebody for the 'sin' of political incorrectness.
no everyone gets your point, and outside of the ass kissers you are wrong.

Did Foxy come out against those who were pressuring A&E to reinstate this guy? Obviously, they are in her words..."pure evil".

I tried that line of questioning about 20 pages ago.

The witness was alternately unresponsive and evasive.

lol

They are indeed.

And as with conservatives opposed to desegregation 60 years ago, conservatives are also on the wrong side of history concerning gay Americans today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back