In the name of Islam

Proclaiming that you won't accept any arguments that you don't like is not thinking in shades of gray.

I never said that explicitly. When the evidence is incontrovertible, any attempted rebuttals against it are meaningless.

You got your "evidence" from news media. So did Coyote. What makes yours "incontrovertible"?

I used a video, and statements taken by police. I did not get any evidence from the "news media." They are the last thing I would trust.

I am fully aware of what his mother said. I am fully aware of what the Imam at the Masjid Mujahadeen said. But I tend not to take the statements of family member seriously until sufficient evidence comes forth, you know, like medical records in this case. As far as the Imam goes, he can't possibly remember the faces or names of the worshipers going in and out of his mosque for their prayers. There are hundreds of them. Until that can be verified, I will not be able to trust him either.

And yet, you seem to trust the perpetrator's words entirely. Why is that?

The Miranda Warning. The part which mentions:

"anything you say can and will be used against you."

Where did you see this video

You Tube, search this thread for the post. I got most of my evidence from the video

and read these statements, if not from the media?

Also from You Tube. Direct from the Philadelphia Police Chief's mouth himself. I consider You Tube to be more trustworthy than the "news media."

Since there's no audio in the video, what "evidence" of this man's religion did you get from it? His robe?

Also, where do you think "LesGrossman2015" got those videos to post on YouTube, if not from the "news media"?

Proclaiming that you won't accept any arguments that you don't like is not thinking in shades of gray.

I never said that explicitly. When the evidence is incontrovertible, any attempted rebuttals against it are meaningless.

You got your "evidence" from news media. So did Coyote. What makes yours "incontrovertible"?

I used a video, and statements taken by police. I did not get any evidence from the "news media." They are the last thing I would trust.

I am fully aware of what his mother said. I am fully aware of what the Imam at the Masjid Mujahadeen said. But I tend not to take the statements of family member seriously until sufficient evidence comes forth, you know, like medical records in this case. As far as the Imam goes, he can't possibly remember the faces or names of the worshipers going in and out of his mosque for their prayers. There are hundreds of them. Until that can be verified, I will not be able to trust him either.

And yet, you seem to trust the perpetrator's words entirely. Why is that?

The Miranda Warning. The part which mentions:

"anything you say can and will be used against you."

So, you won't believe the mother or the imam - but you won't question the words of the attempted murderer himself?

What kind of logic is that?

Ever seen that movie 'A Time to Kill' where Matthew McConaughey says "close your eyes...now imagine she's white"?

Well, close your eyes, and imagine he said something about Christianity...then imagine how far away from this thread and defending him you would be.

Ever seen that movie 'A Time to Kill' where Matthew McConaughey says "close your eyes...now imagine she's white"?

Well, close your eyes, and imagine he said something about Christianity...then imagine how far away from this thread and defending him you would be.

If some crazy guy on the street ran up to a cop car shooting and shouting "Jesus told me to kill you!", this thread wouldn't exist.

Seems likely, given the history. Like a number of other mass shooters.

So you're going to sit there and blame every last mass shooting on someone who was mentally unstable?

Wow. So I guess San Bernardino was perpetrated by some mentally ill lunatics claiming to be Muslim.

I'm a bit perturbed by this line of reasoning.
One does not become a Muslim by visiting a mosque or participating in some ritual. By saying and believing, “There is no true god (deity) but God (Allah), and Muhammad is the Messenger (Prophet) of God”, you're a Muslim That's it. There is no claiming to be a Muslim.
And yes, most terrorist, Islamic or otherwise are mental ill. They may not meet the legal definition of insane, but they are sick puppies.

If some crazy guy on the street ran up to a cop car shooting and shouting "Jesus told me to kill you!", this thread wouldn't exist.

Of course it would...someone on the left would have started it.

I doubt it.

I doubt it.

I do not. Not for a second.

You Tube, search this thread for the post. I got most of my evidence from the video

Also from You Tube. Direct from the Philadelphia Police Chief's mouth himself. I consider You Tube to be more trustworthy than the "news media."

Since there's no audio in the video, what "evidence" of this man's religion did you get from it? His robe?

Also, where do you think "LesGrossman2015" got those videos to post on YouTube, if not from the "news media"?

Alas, I didn't go straight to oh, places like "Breitbart" or "The Blaze" for the video. That robe is a "thawb" or "thobe", a piece of clothing unique to the religion of Islam. The source is not the "news media" but from a camera and a police chief.

So, you won't believe the mother or the imam - but you won't question the words of the attempted murderer himself?

Because the preponderance of evidence suggests his words are at least possibly true. His statements and his attire point in that direction.

I have nothing but words to go off of from the imam and his mother. Someone should release his mental health records. The Imam should have a list of members who attend that mosque, instead of using his recollection.

Last edited:

Alas, I didn't go straight to oh, places like "Breitbart" or "The Blaze" for the video. That robe is a "thawb" or "thobe", a piece of clothing unique to the religion of Islam. The source is not the "news media" but from a camera and a police chief.

Well, no - the robe he's wearing is not a "thawb", which are full robes and not slit up the sides as this guy's robe is.

"Thawb":

main-qimg-97d5973eea9fa17919e0f4368881a7d6

This guy:
philly_shooting_screenshot-300x205.png

Because the preponderance of evidence suggests his words are at least possibly true. His statements and his attire point in that direction.

I have nothing but words to go off of from the imam and his mother. Someone should release his mental health records. The Imam should have a list of members who attend that mosque, so, instead of using his recollection.

The fact that he's wearing a white robe in the video is not a "preponderance" of evidence.

Well, no - the robe he's wearing is not a "thawb", which are full robes and not slit up the sides as this guy's robe is.

"Thawb":

This guy:

No.

See the individual on the far left?

Dishdasha.jpg

"Thawb":

This guy:

No.

Dishdasha.jpg

None of those people have slits down the sides of their robes.

I see two guy holding them all bunched up to keep them out of the sand, though.

Please, there would be so many threads started on it that even you would have to consolidate some of them. But since it is a Muslim perpetrator, we are expected to ignore the motivation and blame it on the Bosa Nova or something.

"Thawb":

This guy:

No.

Dishdasha.jpg

Okay, if not that, then here is a split leg version of a thawb. And before you go after the color, I'm sure they come in white, too. :

s-l1600.jpg

NOTE: This is in fact called a "Kurta." However, it is Muslim attire nonetheless.

Last edited:
That's what Edward Archer stated as he tried to assassinate a Philadelphia police officer in his marked police car just before midnight on Thursday. They Mayor denied any connection to Islam.

Jim Kenney on Twitter

But if you're saying it wasn't "in the name of Islam" I challenge you to prove otherwise.

A gunman claiming allegiance to Islamic State militants shot and seriously wounded a Philadelphia police officer, saying he ambushed his patrol car "in the name of Islam," the city's police commissioner said on Friday.

Edward Archer of Philadelphia approached Officer Jesse Hartnett, 33, shortly before midnight and fired 11 rounds, three of which hit the officer in his arm, authorities said. Police released still images from surveillance video that showed the gunman dressed in a long white robe walking toward the car and firing, eventually getting close enough to shoot at point-blank range through the window.

Hartnett chased Archer, who was arrested by responding officers and later confessed to the attack, police officials told reporters.

"He has confessed to committing this cowardly act in the name of Islam," Ross told a press conference, adding that the 30-year-old assailant also referenced Islamic State militants.

Philadelphia Police Captain James Clark added, "He said he pledges his allegiance to Islamic State, he follows Allah and that was the reason he was called on to do this."

Gunman ambushes Philadelphia policeman 'in the name of Islam'

The man heard voices. He was mentally ill. He never attended a mosque.

So they say.

Seems likely, given the history. Like a number of other mass shooters.

Its like religion du jour.

Spin the wheel yeah yeah I'm Islam I'll get a lighter sentence.

We have to watch out for this. Nut cases will play the system.

Please, there would be so many threads started on it that even you would have to consolidate some of them. But since it is a Muslim perpetrator, we are expected to ignore the motivation and blame it on the Bosa Nova or something.

Fucking bosa nova omg OK I'm down for the count. lololololo My face hurts.

"Thawb":

This guy:

No.

Dishdasha.jpg

Okay, if not that, then here is a split leg version of a thawb. And before you go after the color, I'm sure they come in white, too. :

s-l1600.jpg

NOTE: This is in fact called a "Kurta." However, it is Muslim attire nonetheless.

That is not a "thawb".

Edit: I see that you corrected the issue.

Forum List

Back