In the name of Islam

Alas, I didn't go straight to oh, places like "Breitbart" or "The Blaze" for the video. That robe is a "thawb" or "thobe", a piece of clothing unique to the religion of Islam. The source is not the "news media" but from a camera and a police chief.

Well, no - the robe he's wearing is not a "thawb", which are full robes and not slit up the sides as this guy's robe is.

"Thawb":

main-qimg-97d5973eea9fa17919e0f4368881a7d6

This guy:
philly_shooting_screenshot-300x205.png

No.

See the individual on the far left?

Dishdasha.jpg

None of those people have slits down the sides of their robes.

I see two guy holding them all bunched up to keep them out of the sand, though.

Okay, if not that, then here is a split leg version of a thawb. And before you go after the color, I'm sure they come in white, too. :

s-l1600.jpg

NOTE: This is in fact called a "Kurta." However, it is Muslim attire nonetheless.

That is not a "thawb".

Edit: I see that you corrected the issue.

Yeah, I realized the mistake. So we (or at least I) can say that Archer was wearing a Kurta, and as far as I know, that's acceptable religious attire for a male Muslim.

Well, no - the robe he's wearing is not a "thawb", which are full robes and not slit up the sides as this guy's robe is.

"Thawb":

main-qimg-97d5973eea9fa17919e0f4368881a7d6

This guy:
philly_shooting_screenshot-300x205.png

No.

Dishdasha.jpg

Okay, if not that, then here is a split leg version of a thawb. And before you go after the color, I'm sure they come in white, too. :

s-l1600.jpg

NOTE: This is in fact called a "Kurta." However, it is Muslim attire nonetheless.

That is not a "thawb".

Yeah, I realized the mistake. So we (or at least I) can say that Archer was wearing a Kurta, and as far as I know, that's acceptable religious attire for a male Muslim.

The Kurta is not specific to any religion, it's worn by Muslims, Sikhs and Hindus.

With the quality of the video, for all we know the guy could have been wearing a surcoat he stole from Medieval Times.

If some crazy guy on the street ran up to a cop car shooting and shouting "Jesus told me to kill you!", this thread wouldn't exist.

True.

A Christian who commits a crime is alone responsible for his acts; a Muslim commits a crime and his entire religion is 'responsible' – such is the nature of bigotry, the inability to engage in rational thought, and the propensity for logical fallacies, as illustrated by this thread's premise.

Look I'm thinking patterns and and designs.

Burkas in real tree. I need to sleep. But not for long.

If some crazy guy on the street ran up to a cop car shooting and shouting "Jesus told me to kill you!", this thread wouldn't exist.

True.

A Christian who commits a crime is alone responsible for his acts; a Muslim commits a crime and his entire religion is 'responsible' – such is the nature of bigotry, the inability to engage in rational thought, and the propensity for logical fallacies, as illustrated by this thread's premise.

Planned Parenthood Shooting Suspect: 'I'm Guilty... I'm A Warrior For The Babies' | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

No.

Dishdasha.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

That is not a "thawb".

The Kurta is not specific to any religion, it's worn by Muslims, Sikhs and Hindus.

With the quality of the video, for all we know the guy could have been wearing a surcoat he stole from Medieval Times.

Oy...I never said it was specific to Islam. Kurtas are worn in Pakistan, Afghanistan, India, and Palestine (plus others).

But when the man says "I did it in the name of Islam" and is seen wearing a Kurta, which can be worn by male Muslims, the evidence is still there.

As an aside, being the Templar that I was in the Middle Ages, I witnessed many a time traveler stealing very expensive surcoats from royalty and nobility. Maybe this guy was one of them?

A man using a gun stolen from police said he was acting in the name of Islam when he ambushed an officer sitting in his marked cruiser at an intersection, firing shots at point-blank range, authorities said Friday. Both the officer and suspect were injured during the barrage of gunfire.

The suspect, 30-year-old Edward Archer, also pledged allegiance to the Islamic State group when he was questioned after his arrest in the shooting late Thursday, police said.

The shooting of Officer Jesse Hartnett was an attempted assassination, Police Commissioner Richard Ross said.

“He just came out of nowhere and started firing on him,” Ross said of the suspect. “He just started firing with one aim and one aim only, to kill him.”

Ross said Archer told police he believed the department defends laws that are contrary to Islam.

“It stands to reason there is more unknown than known,” Ross said.

Archer’s mother, Valerie Holliday, told The Philadelphia Inquirer he has been hearing voices recently and that family asked him to get help. She also described him as devout Muslim.

Man Who Shot Philadelphia Police Officer Pledged Allegiance to ISIS - Time.com

That's what Edward Archer stated as he tried to assassinate a Philadelphia police officer in his marked police car just before midnight on Thursday. They Mayor denied any connection to Islam.

Jim Kenney on Twitter

But if you're saying it wasn't "in the name of Islam" I challenge you to prove otherwise.

A gunman claiming allegiance to Islamic State militants shot and seriously wounded a Philadelphia police officer, saying he ambushed his patrol car "in the name of Islam," the city's police commissioner said on Friday.

Edward Archer of Philadelphia approached Officer Jesse Hartnett, 33, shortly before midnight and fired 11 rounds, three of which hit the officer in his arm, authorities said. Police released still images from surveillance video that showed the gunman dressed in a long white robe walking toward the car and firing, eventually getting close enough to shoot at point-blank range through the window.

Hartnett chased Archer, who was arrested by responding officers and later confessed to the attack, police officials told reporters.

"He has confessed to committing this cowardly act in the name of Islam," Ross told a press conference, adding that the 30-year-old assailant also referenced Islamic State militants.

Philadelphia Police Captain James Clark added, "He said he pledges his allegiance to Islamic State, he follows Allah and that was the reason he was called on to do this."

Gunman ambushes Philadelphia policeman 'in the name of Islam'

The man heard voices. He was mentally ill. He never attended a mosque.
He told police he was doing it in the name of Islam. If a Christian shot up an abortion clinic and said he was doing it in the name of Christ, would you turds claim it wasn't done in the name of Christ? Why of course you would. You just recently did.

Leftwing double standards are so pathetically obvious.

Ever seen that movie 'A Time to Kill' where Matthew McConaughey says "close your eyes...now imagine she's white"?

Well, close your eyes, and imagine he said something about Christianity...then imagine how far away from this thread and defending him you would be.

I beg your pardon? I would render to him the same scrutiny that I have given with this guy.

Don't believe me?

Take that man in Colorado who shot up an Planned Parenthood clinic. By all measures he was a Christian (mentally unstable to boot).

I won't even attempt to suggest that something else motivated his behavior. We have Christian extremists and Muslim extremists. No denying that. And I would stop at nothing to show that it was motivated by an extreme belief, or a case of mental instability, or both.

Last edited:
One does not become a Muslim by visiting a mosque or participating in some ritual. By saying and believing, “There is no true god (deity) but God (Allah), and Muhammad is the Messenger (Prophet) of God”

And he could have proclaimed the Shahada at the mosque itself. I know how it works.

And yes, most terrorist, Islamic or otherwise are mental ill. They may not meet the legal definition of insane, but they are sick puppies.

At least you acknowledge the possibility that it could be a combination of both.

Don't you know that all black men who are mentally ill travel to Egypt and Saudi Arabia for treatment? Happens all the time....yo.

Sorry I woke up. Going back to sleep.

Declaring that you "won't hear" things that you don't want to hear is never a sign of someone who's actually interested in having a conversation.

When the intent and motive are staring you in the face, any further conversation on this topic seems rather pointless, don't you agree?

When you make up intents and motivations for anyone who disagrees with you to justify ignoring their arguments, then yes - conversing does become rather pointless.

But I expect better from you.

Once again...why? Why would you expect that. When has this kid shown you anything better?

So then why was the supposed religion of this man important enough to you to start a thread about it?

Perhaps I consider myself a provocateur, in a way. I've been here long enough to know what riles people up. Making threads like this on hot button issues will always do the trick.

That, and I did want to provoke meaningful discussion about it the possibility.

That's just a pretty word for a troll, pal. But you knew that.

That's what Edward Archer stated as he tried to assassinate a Philadelphia police officer in his marked police car just before midnight on Thursday. They Mayor denied any connection to Islam.

Jim Kenney on Twitter

But if you're saying it wasn't "in the name of Islam" I challenge you to prove otherwise.

A gunman claiming allegiance to Islamic State militants shot and seriously wounded a Philadelphia police officer, saying he ambushed his patrol car "in the name of Islam," the city's police commissioner said on Friday.

Edward Archer of Philadelphia approached Officer Jesse Hartnett, 33, shortly before midnight and fired 11 rounds, three of which hit the officer in his arm, authorities said. Police released still images from surveillance video that showed the gunman dressed in a long white robe walking toward the car and firing, eventually getting close enough to shoot at point-blank range through the window.

Hartnett chased Archer, who was arrested by responding officers and later confessed to the attack, police officials told reporters.

"He has confessed to committing this cowardly act in the name of Islam," Ross told a press conference, adding that the 30-year-old assailant also referenced Islamic State militants.

Philadelphia Police Captain James Clark added, "He said he pledges his allegiance to Islamic State, he follows Allah and that was the reason he was called on to do this."

Since the RWnut consensus is that there is no such thing as terrorism 'in the name of Christianity',

no matter who the terrorist or what he claims,

I'd say turnabout is fair play.

Jim Kenney on Twitter

I very much hope I'm wrong, but this could pretty easily continue to escalate.

And if it does, at some point, all those who keep spinning & deflecting for the PC-protected religion are going to have a decision to make.

Last edited:

Jim Kenney on Twitter

Since the RWnut consensus is that there is no such thing as terrorism 'in the name of Christianity',

So if a white Christian slob kills a cop...it's ok for a black Muslim slob to kill a cop. You are an asshole.

Jim Kenney on Twitter

So if a white Christian slob kills a cop...it's ok for a black Muslim slob to kill a cop. You are an asshole.

lol, you're illiterate.

Jim Kenney on Twitter

I very much hope I'm wrong, but this could pretty easily continue to escalate.

And at some point, all those who keep spinning & deflecting for the PC-protected religion are going to have a decision to make.

Innocent Muslims are not guilty of this crime.

Forum List

Back