In this election, Democrats could not escape their history

TemplarKormac

Political Atheist
Mar 30, 2013
It's true. From racism, the 'war on women', identity politics, the supposed suppression of minorities to the congressional gridlock, the direction of the country, Obama's failures on the economy, foreign policy, Ebola, immigration reform, numerous scandals, Obamacare and abuse of executive power; the Democrats built a burning bridge behind them, and when they came back to cross it, it had already burnt to a crisp.

That bridge was their history. Six years went by while they took civil discourse hostage, used political correctness of varying types to stifle debate. America fell for it for a time, elected a president twice under the false premise that he would change and transform America. But on Tuesday night, the Democrats could not escape their own history.

America woke up and realized that this could not go on any longer. The Republicans were not elected for their message, they were elected to stop the bleeding. If they fail to use their newfound power wisely, then they will be the ones to be engulfed by their history as well.

That reminds me of something Abraham Lincoln once said:

"Fellow citizens, we cannot escape history. We…will be remembered in spite of ourselves. No personal significance, or insignificance, can spare one or another of us. The fiery trial through which we pass, will light us down, in honor or dishonor, to the latest generation."

One thing about history is this, you can either run from it, or learn from it.

If you are remotely accurate......there will be a GOP house.....a GOP senate and a GOP president in January 2017.

Do you think that will be the case?

By the way.....everyone here knows that you found the Lincoln quote first.....then came up with the bullshit that you posted. Why MUST you lie about everything. You were not reminded of Lincoln's words. You tried to use them. Be honest.

If you are remotely accurate......there will be a GOP house.....a GOP senate and a GOP president in January 2017.

Yes. It is very very likely. The Democrats have nothiing new to offer but the same old class envy, race envy, gender envy bullshit that failed miserably on Tuesday.

ooo a TK ego stroking, my opinion is amazing post trying to show how smart he is, but just says dumb shit.

The dems lost because of right now nobody voted.

ooo a TK ego stroking, my opinion is amazing post trying to show how smart he is, but just says dumb shit.

Wow. I andmy whole family voted. I would guess most of the posters here voted too.
Any other stupid comments to make?

Wow. I andmy whole family voted. I would guess most of the posters here voted too.
Any other stupid comments to make?
wow....you voted...that doesnt disprove the fact voting was down and its always down in midterm elections.

VT is probably around 40%, a miserable statistic. Countries in Africa have higher VT rates than the USA.

Yes. It is very very likely. The Democrats have nothiing new to offer but the same old class envy, race envy, gender envy bullshit that failed miserably on Tuesday.

Very likely? You never learn.

How many potential GOP nominees will you support this time around?

All of them.
Recall that what, 6 weeks ago, we were told the GOP was the spent party of bitter old racist men and would never win a national election. Now it looks like that was correct. But correct about the Democrats.

All of them.
Recall that what, 6 weeks ago, we were told the GOP was the spent party of bitter old racist men and would never win a national election. Now it looks like that was correct. But correct about the Democrats.

You have 15 "can't lose" candidates. Should be easy for you.

All of them.

Please name the declared candidates for the GOP nomination.

All of them.

Why? Even a toaster will beat whoever the Dems nominate....right?

And...according to you.....that WILL NOT be Hillary Clinton.

You are a master political analyst.

All of them.

After what happened Tuesday night, all that "Businesses don't create jobs" nonsense will come back to haunt her.

And I bet a toaster is smarter than you.

I told you Dem's Obama would destroy the Democratic party...I'm calling it MISSION ACCOMPLISHED! :laugh:

All of them.

After what happened Tuesday night, all that "Businesses don't create jobs" nonsense will come back to haunt her.

And I bet a toaster is smarter than you.

Now, now, TK. You might want to keep,to form and avoid getting my attention. Are you also predicting that Clinton won't even run?

Whatever you say LL. Just go back to pouting about how badly your party was beaten in the election. And take your toaster with you.

Whatever you say LL. Just go back to pouting about how badly your party was beaten in the election. And take your toaster with you.

You see me pouting? I'm enjoying this turn of events. Can't you tell?

How's the job hunt, by the way?

Forum List

Back