Infrastructure Questions

If you don't want to upgrade our infrastructure I think you ought to move to Uganda

If you don't want to upgrade our infrastructure I think you ought to move to Uganda

who said we didnt want that??

your problem is you want us to pay twice and go into huge debt and then put that debt on our children to pay,,,

It will pay for itself.

You actually believer your own bullshit.

Corporate America cannot survive without modern infrastructure
Empty platitudes are empty.
Its a fact
Corporations cannot function without modern infrastructure.
They make a profit off of our infrastructure in roads, rails and ports

That is why this bill raises Corporate taxes to their previous levels
But you cheered when they went to Asia.
China invests more in modern infrastructure than we do.

View attachment 475432
So you want us to be like China, that it?

You want the government to control what everyone does, where they go, what they think, who they associate with, and every aspect of their lives?

. . . of course you do.

What ever happened to American Exceptionalism?

The idea that we were a society that the world envied? America used to stand for the biggest and best in the world.

Today we have sold out to the Capitalists and Military Industrial Complex. Can’t be wasting money on things that actually help We the People
What happened?

We forget what made us great. . . . the free market.

Now, we have special interests bribing the government to favor the most powerful and the wealthiest interests in society to control the masses, whether it is in the interest of the nation or not.

Nothing produces the greatest amount of good for everyone and produces the great amount of good for everyone, like competition. But oligarchs and the powerful? THEY HATE COMPETITION.

SO they buy all points of power to make sure we have none.

George Carlin The Illusion of Choice
(. . . and the Biden administration cabinet picks today? Are no different.)

iu

Do you agree we need to upgrade our infrastructure?

Should we pay for it or simply put the bill on the debt?

If we pay for it, how should we do that?

These infrastructure bills always turn out to be political slush funds.
This!

I wish I could remember who it was, but it was on the radio the other day. They were talking about a state that received something like 350 billion in federal aid for some project, but then the project was canceled. The question was raised, when that happens, what happens to that money? What happens if a project is over bid and ends up completed under budget, where does the rest of the money go.

That got me to thinking, is there a place where you can go to see money appropriated in congress, where it was spent, what happened to left over funds etc? If not, there should be.

your problem is you want us to pay twice and go into huge debt and then put that debt on our children to pay,,,

How do you propose to pay for infrastructure?

I already paid for it with my property, gas, state and sales taxs,,

Evidently not
Our infrastructure has been neglected for 40 years

then they stole our money and didnt do what they were supposed to do with it,,,

Evidently not

Blah...Blah...Blah
Evil Government steals your money

I remember Trump pushing it at his first SOTU. All of the dizzy prog broads wearing their same colored dresses with their hands under their asses. Now it is so much more rosier. Obstructions greatly reduced as the swamp is back in control. The progs rewarded the humongous Prog Abrams woman and the two new Prog Senators with the removal of the All Star Game. But things like that are always a minor chip for them to play. Come on now. Push cable TV reform. Let us pick our own basic TV stations. Watch what boycotting is.

Evidently not

Blah...Blah...Blah
Evil Government steals your money

if I already paid them and they didnt use it for the purpose it was taken isnt that an evil government??

2% Federal Tax on all purchased NEW goods. Is how I would do it.
Why new taxes? Why not reduce frivolous and wasteful government spending?

Another baseless claim

That reducing government waste will fund a trillion dollar infrastructure bill

its not a federal issue,,
each state is responsible for their own infrastructure,,
So wealthier states get upgraded infrastructure and West VA and Alabama get shit?
not my problem what other states do,,

its already paid for with gas, sales and property taxs,,,
Good point. Everything is taxed. Pay, groceries, tobacco, alcohol. There is literally nothing that isn't taxed. So, where does all that tax money go? Surely its not all about paying salaries because if it is, then some state employees are making waaay too much.

How is it they collect taxes on everything yet when its time to fix the roads, there's no money, and they have to raise taxes?

its not a federal issue,,
each state is responsible for their own infrastructure,,
So wealthier states get upgraded infrastructure and West VA and Alabama get shit?
not my problem what other states do,,

its already paid for with gas, sales and property taxs,,,
Good point. Everything is taxed. Pay, groceries, tobacco, alcohol. There is literally nothing that isn't taxed. So, where does all that tax money go? Surely its not all about paying salaries because if it is, then some state employees are making waaay too much.

How is it they collect taxes on everything yet when its time to fix the roads, there's no money, and they have to raise taxes?

truth is they are using it to fix the roads and bridges and this whole infrastructure thing is a big slush fund for political gains,,,

Another baseless claim

That reducing government waste will fund a trillion dollar infrastructure bill
Well, it might take that trillion dollar bill and turn it into billions of dollars?

Also, that trillion dollar bill is a perfect example of the waste im talking about. Its an infrastructure bill, so, how much money is allocated for things other than infrastructure? If they would have just stuck to real infrastructure projects, they may have not needed a trillion dollars.

Last edited:

Why not both? It’s time to pay for our stupid spending on endless wars
Well, if we need the money, I'm fine with both, but by golly, we need to address the perpetual wasteful government spending.

Forum List

Back