Interracial relationships

Interracial relationships

• Total voters
I'm wondering why, in this day and age, anyone still cares.
I care very much about my progeny. In that I include both physical mental characteristics, which is why I had been very careful about those specifics in whom I choose to have a child with.

Stock is important to me. Others may of course do whatever they choose.

In other words, you believe in the whole aryan master race thing.

Iif you are representative of "stock", I'd suggest you prove my point, not your racist one.

I care very much about my progeny. In that I include both physical mental characteristics, which is why I had been very careful about those specifics in whom I choose to have a child with.

Iif you are representative of "stock", I'd suggest you prove my point, not your racist one.
There are people with whom I simply do not want to procreate. Genes are passed down from generation to generation and clearly contribute greatly to success and failure. It is instinctive and natural to select whatever (or whoever) is best for your children.

I sincerely don't give a rat's ass what you call it. Darwin is on my side on this. Far more important to me than some self-righteous blowhard on the internet.

Nothing personal, just the way it is.

What struck me though was how genuinely happy they seemed. Hand in hand, laughing out loud at each others jokes, almost a dance to their step.

How do you strike a balance between happiness in the moment and heartache from divorce and family destruction in the future?

Couples who marry with a partner outside of religion, outside of culture and outside of race tend to have higher divorce risk.

No one gets married believing that they're going to get a divorce and yet it happens.

How much should that higher risk factor into decisions in the present.

Most people can drive safely without using a seatbelt but we know that seatbelts prevent serious injury and death in the unlikely event of a car accident. People whether by choice or law, modify their behavior in the present to minimize risk in the future.

What's different with relationships? Is it because reason and romance cannot coexist? Is it because the heart overrules the brain?

Wtf are you talkin about guy? My aunt (white) has been married to the same African man for 30+ years. She's had 8 different types of cancer and has been through chemotherapy and surgery countless times and no matter how much stress is caused by bills, emotional tension, and outside disapproval of their interracial marriage, they still love each other and stick with it come hell or high water. The only thing likely to ruin interracial relationships (outside of the obvious issues that could affect all relationships whether same race or inter) is backlash and hate from racists. If people were more open to themselves and others being in relationships with other races that factor wouldn't exist making interracial relationships just as likely to succeed or fail as any other relationship. People shouldn't concern themselves with other peoples relationships. If two people are happy (no matter what race) than let em be happy. If you don't it's probably because you're not. Misery loves company.

•Pinky•

Actually, if you let the group define who it is you should or should not marry, it doesn't attack diversity

Did I say that it did? No, I didn't.

it lets those who would remain homogenous able to attack those who they deem not worthy of joining their group.

Exactly. That's how you develop and then later protect diversity.

Diversity means that you let anyone join, regardless of affiliation with race, color, or creed, because you want anyone who is willing to contribute do so.

You've got this exactly backwards.

If you have a cup of coffee and a pitcher of cream, you have two diverse liquids. If you empty the pitcher of cream into the cup of coffee, you've just destroyed diversity. You no longer have cream on the table and you no longer have pure coffee. You've created something different but in so doing you've destroyed diversity.

If you find that example too symbolically charged, take a group of English speakers and the same sized group of Spanish speakers and plunk them down on an island cut off from the rest of humanity. Over time the language on that island will blend into a Spanglish. Now you no longer have anyone who understands English nor Spanish. The diversity of language on the island went down from 2 languages, English and Spanish, to one language, Spanglish.

I don't know where you live, but where I live 1 is less than 2. Diversity of language on that island has decreased.

If you love diversity, like liberals teach us we should, then you should be doing everything in your power to prevent the destruction of diversity in the world.

You're not making sense. If I had coffee and creamer in two dishes and mix the coffee and the creamer in a third dish I have created more diversity. And why are you using such ridiculous analogies? Are you sane?

•Pinky•

Last edited:
Interesting. I think that says more about your own prejudices than anything else. I've always thought bi-racial people are generally better looking than average

It's perfectly natural to be attracted to people most similar to oneself.

There are far more important issues than race. Common values, common interests, etc. Race? Meh.

There are a lot of variables that go into choosing a mate. I dated girls of different races but I always ended up back with women most similar to my ethnic heritage. My choice. I find women of European lineage to be the most attractive in every respect. What others choose is not my business.

"species"
"stock"

Are you a human being? or are you some variation on the sub-human, ignorant kkk types?

==============

Early 70s, was with a friend of the opposite sex. We couldn't get served in a restaurant.

My opinion is, it has no impact on my life, is probably better for our society but is no one's business.

Yeesh, such ignorance on display.
emoticon_rolleyes.gif

It's perfectly natural to be attracted to people most similar to oneself.

There are far more important issues than race. Common values, common interests, etc. Race? Meh.

There are a lot of variables that go into choosing a mate. I dated girls of different races but I always ended up back with women most similar to my ethnic heritage. My choice. I find women of European lineage to be the most attractive in every respect. What others choose is not my business.

If you knew what was really up, you would understand that you dont chose the woman. The woman chooses you.

"species"
"stock"

Are you a human being? or are you some variation on the sub-human, ignorant kkk types?
No one here is sub-human. You are what you are, and my son and I are who we are. These are tautologies for which I am truly grateful. As in most things in life, there are matters of degree.

So....are you one of those folks that think race should stick to race or is it ok (in your opinion) for mixing of the races?

I absolutely encourage the mixing of races.

Secondly, it's been reported that mixed-race children experience big identity issues after adolescence, having to choose what race they most identitfy with; not to mention suspicion and hostility from peers of the race they choose to identify with, and the one they choose not to.

I have never had that problem, and I have a great many races in my blood. So many in fact that I don't identify with any race, instead I absorb from each culture what I like and discard what I do not like.

I cannot be racist, and others cannot be racist against me, because in merely looking at me, they have no idea what I am.

So..................how do you feel about eugenics?

I feel that Eugenics matters far more than race because in reality, it has nothing to do with it. Even when race is combined into the same perspective, as witnessed in Nazi Germany, I totally understand the motivation for Eugenics.

Not just to improve the look or beauty of people, but most importantly to improve the health of our species.

I have no problem culling the population of as many genetically inherited diseases and weaknesses as possible- because future generations will be far less likely to have to suffer such a terrible fate.

If that means another holocaust... so be it.

Last edited:

If you knew what was really up, you would understand that you dont chose the woman. The woman chooses you.

There were plenty of black girls that wanted to choose me back in the day. :eusa_angel:

My late dear mother had a saying, "He chases her until she catches him." :eusa_clap:

There are people with whom I simply do not want to procreate. Genes are passed down from generation to generation and clearly contribute greatly to success and failure. It is instinctive and natural to select whatever (or whoever) is best for your children.

I sincerely don't give a rat's ass what you call it. Darwin is on my side on this. Far more important to me than some self-righteous blowhard on the internet.

People of mixed race are less likely to have hereditary diseases and more likely to fight off infections and parasites successfully. Mixed race children are more likely to survive their first 5 years of life. Mixed race people also have more symmetry making them 'more attractive'. The only thing Hitler would have succeeded in with his 'Arian race' is inbreeding and failure. The outbreeding of races and species is key to their success. It's common sense. That's why people in places of small populations that only breed within that community are more likely to die of the same diseases common in that population and constantly emerge making those diseases a 'reoccurring issue' to say the least. So your theory is extremely flawed. Constant procreation with partners of the same race will eventually result in that races evolutionary failure because you will only be insuring your young will have the same genetic flaws that have been passed down generation after generation.

•Pinky•

Last edited:

People of mixed race are less likely to have hereditary diseases and more likely to fight off infections and parasites successfully. Mixed race children are more likely to survive their first 5 years of life. Mixed race people also have more symmetry making them 'more attractive'. The only thing Hitler would have succeeded in with his 'Arian race' is inbreeding and failure. The outbreeding of races and species is key to their success. It's common sense. That's why people in places of small populations that only breed within that community are more likely to die of the same diseases common in that constantly emerge in that population. So your theory is extremely flawed. Constant procreation with partners of the same race will eventually result in that races evolutionary failure because you will only be insuring your young will have the same genetic flaws that have been passed down generation after generation.

•Pinky•

I disagree that mixed race children look any better but you are spot on about the genetic health of these children. The more diversity you have in your genetics the less likely it is you will have a genetic disease.

So....are you one of those folks that think race should stick to race or is it ok (in your opinion) for mixing of the races?

I absolutely encourage the mixing of races.

Secondly, it's been reported that mixed-race children experience big identity issues after adolescence, having to choose what race they most identitfy with; not to mention suspicion and hostility from peers of the race they choose to identify with, and the one they choose not to.

I have never had that problem, and I have a great many races in my blood. So many in fact that I don't identify with any race, instead I absorb from each culture what I like and discard what I do not like.

I cannot be racist, and others cannot be racist against me, because in merely looking at me, they have no idea what I am.

So..................how do you feel about eugenics?

I feel that Eugenics matters far more than race because in reality, it has nothing to do with it. Even when race is combined into the same perspective, as witnessed in Nazi Germany, I totally understand the motivation for Eugenics.

Not just to improve the look or beauty of people, but most importantly to improve the health of our species.

I have no problem culling the population of as many genetically inherited diseases and weaknesses as possible- because future generations will be far less likely to have to suffer such a terrible fate.

If that means another holocaust... so be it.

You remind of a girl I knew that lived in Seattle. :lol:

John Abraham...

Abhishek Bachchan ...

Shemar Moore....

Ricky Whittle

.... yes please....

I obviously voted the "who cares" option.

People of mixed race are less likely to have hereditary diseases and more likely to fight off infections and parasites successfully. Mixed race children are more likely to survive their first 5 years of life. Mixed race people also have more symmetry making them 'more attractive'. The only thing Hitler would have succeeded in with his 'Arian race' is inbreeding and failure. The outbreeding of races and species is key to their success. It's common sense. That's why people in places of small populations that only breed within that community are more likely to die of the same diseases common in that constantly emerge in that population. So your theory is extremely flawed. Constant procreation with partners of the same race will eventually result in that races evolutionary failure because you will only be insuring your young will have the same genetic flaws that have been passed down generation after generation.

•Pinky•
I have not procreating with my sisters or cousins you dingbat.

It is indeed rare to read something so convoluted and bereft of common sense. I am grateful that there is an infinitesimally small chance of our gene pools "outbreeding" (sic) given my location as well as some pretty obvious outliers.

Forum List

Back