Interracial relationships

Interracial relationships

• Total voters
Furthermore, although I'm not really for it, per se, it really is none of anyone's business who other people date/sleep with.

Speaking in the abstract, if the community to which you belong is really big on in-group mating practices, then if you want to remain in that community you have to acknowledge that who you marry is their business.

This is how groups come to be defined. When you remove this condition then you are directly attacking diversity in the world.

Actually, if you let the group define who it is you should or should not marry, it doesn't attack diversity, it lets those who would remain homogenous able to attack those who they deem not worthy of joining their group.

Diversity means that you let anyone join, regardless of affiliation with race, color, or creed, because you want anyone who is willing to contribute do so.

So....are you one of those folks that think race should stick to race or is it ok (in your opinion) for mixing of the races?

Thought I'd ask cuz I was chatting with my friend and she said she gets more flack from blacks than she does whites when they are out to dinner or going to a movie (she is white..he is black). Personally, I think it's pretty sad that folks see skin color instead of two people who love each other. And....mixed babies are gorgeous!

This question pertains to black with white, asian with black or white, hispanic with black or white or asian and all vice versa.

Your opinions are...........?

My parents were of mixed race, and it worked out beautifully.

When my wife and I separated, I had relationships with 2 white women, 2 hispanics, and 1 black woman. My first wife was Italian and my current wife is French/Indian (American). My daughter is a beautiful model and my son is a great guitar player. No shortage of looks and talent. They get it from their parents.

There is a huge difference between having sex with someone and being in a relationship. As far as I can tell, the OP was referring to relationships, not sexual encounters.

Correct to the bold.

It always skeeves me out some. Not a fan, but it's also none of my business what other people do.

Quick question..................why does an interracial relationship skeeve you out?

God gave us free will, which means that we can do what we want.

It also means we can love who we want.

Does it skeeve you out because it goes against your dogma and you can't control it?

When my wife and I separated, I had relationships with 2 white women, 2 hispanics, and 1 black woman. My first wife was Italian and my current wife is French/Indian (American). My daughter is a beautiful model and my son is a great guitar player. No shortage of looks and talent. They get it from their parents.

Assuming a 50/50 mix - their mother must be an absolutely stunning and amazingly intelligent lady. :D

Quick question..................why does an interracial relationship skeeve you out?

Does it skeeve you out because it goes against your dogma and you can't control it?

Dogma?

It looks odd to me, like different species. It has nothing to do with controlling people.

Dogma?

It looks odd to me, like different species. It has nothing to do with controlling people.

Interesting. I think that says more about your own prejudices than anything else. I've always thought bi-racial people are generally better looking than average

Dogma?

Interesting. I think that says more about your own prejudices than anything else. I've always thought bi-racial people are generally better looking than average

It's perfectly natural to be attracted to people most similar to oneself.

Dogma?

Really? Dogma has nothing to do with controlling people?

Here's the definition (and yeah...........I'm going to link the definition so you may be able to look it up for yourself).

dog·ma [dawg-muh, dog-] Show IPA

noun, plural dog·mas or ( Rare ) dog·ma·ta [dawg-muh-tuh] Show IPA .

1. an official system of principles or tenets concerning faith, morals, behavior, etc., as of a church. Synonyms: doctrine, teachings, set of beliefs, philosophy.

2. a specific tenet or doctrine authoritatively laid down, as by a church: the dogma of the Assumption; the recently defined dogma of papal infallibility. Synonyms: tenet, canon, law.

3. prescribed doctrine proclaimed as unquestionably true by a particular group: the difficulty of resisting political dogma.

4. a settled or established opinion, belief, or principle: the classic dogma of objectivity in scientific observation. Synonyms: conviction, certainty.

Dogma | Define Dogma at Dictionary.com

Sorry, but dogma seems to control a lot of people.

Wanna talk about how the GOP seems to spew it's own dogma out to the true believers? If a lot of conservatives on this board hear it from some of their "true leaders" (like Boehner, McConnell, McCain, Bachmann, etc.) they tend to say the same things?

Actually, if you let the group define who it is you should or should not marry, it doesn't attack diversity

Did I say that it did? No, I didn't.

it lets those who would remain homogenous able to attack those who they deem not worthy of joining their group.

Exactly. That's how you develop and then later protect diversity.

Diversity means that you let anyone join, regardless of affiliation with race, color, or creed, because you want anyone who is willing to contribute do so.

You've got this exactly backwards.

If you have a cup of coffee and a pitcher of cream, you have two diverse liquids. If you empty the pitcher of cream into the cup of coffee, you've just destroyed diversity. You no longer have cream on the table and you no longer have pure coffee. You've created something different but in so doing you've destroyed diversity.

If you find that example too symbolically charged, take a group of English speakers and the same sized group of Spanish speakers and plunk them down on an island cut off from the rest of humanity. Over time the language on that island will blend into a Spanglish. Now you no longer have anyone who understands English nor Spanish. The diversity of language on the island went down from 2 languages, English and Spanish, to one language, Spanglish.

I don't know where you live, but where I live 1 is less than 2. Diversity of language on that island has decreased.

If you love diversity, like liberals teach us we should, then you should be doing everything in your power to prevent the destruction of diversity in the world.

Dogma?

Really? Dogma has nothing to do with controlling people?

Here's the definition (and yeah...........I'm going to link the definition so you may be able to look it up for yourself).

dog·ma [dawg-muh, dog-] Show IPA

noun, plural dog·mas or ( Rare ) dog·ma·ta [dawg-muh-tuh] Show IPA .

1. an official system of principles or tenets concerning faith, morals, behavior, etc., as of a church. Synonyms: doctrine, teachings, set of beliefs, philosophy.

2. a specific tenet or doctrine authoritatively laid down, as by a church: the dogma of the Assumption; the recently defined dogma of papal infallibility. Synonyms: tenet, canon, law.

3. prescribed doctrine proclaimed as unquestionably true by a particular group: the difficulty of resisting political dogma.

4. a settled or established opinion, belief, or principle: the classic dogma of objectivity in scientific observation. Synonyms: conviction, certainty.

Dogma | Define Dogma at Dictionary.com

Sorry, but dogma seems to control a lot of people.

Wanna talk about how the GOP seems to spew it's own dogma out to the true believers? If a lot of conservatives on this board hear it from some of their "true leaders" (like Boehner, McConnell, McCain, Bachmann, etc.) they tend to say the same things?

You combined two separate thoughts to create your own narrative of what I said. Now THAT is dogma.

Don't bother asking questions if you aren't going to read the responses accurately.

Assuming a 50/50 mix - their mother must be an absolutely stunning and amazingly intelligent lady. :D
Yep, pretty much.

I'm wondering why, in this day and age, anyone still cares.
I care very much about my progeny. In that I include both physical mental characteristics, which is why I had been very careful about those specifics in whom I choose to have a child with.

Stock is important to me. Others may of course do whatever they choose.

I care very much about my progeny. In that I include both physical mental characteristics, which is why I had been very careful about those specifics in whom I choose to have a child with.

So..................how do you feel about eugenics?

Dogma?

It's perfectly natural to be attracted to people most similar to oneself.

There are far more important issues than race. Common values, common interests, etc. Race? Meh.

So..................how do you feel about eugenics?
Selection is part of eugenics, practised to varying degrees by some and not at all by others. It's a very personal choice and some care about their genetic survival and some care less.

Forum List

Back