Ironman 3 was horrible

GHook93

Aristotle
Apr 22, 2007
Chicago
I finally saw this movie, since I was a fan of the first Ironman and thought the second one was just OK. However, I was not a fan of the storyline. They did AIM and the Mardarin a huge disservice. Both the evil organization and the supervillian were bastardized to make an incoherrent plot. Some of the action scenes were entertaining, but not enough to save the movie in my opinion.

I wonder why everyone was so high on this movie!

I finally saw this movie, since I was a fan of the first Ironman and thought the second one was just OK. However, I was not a fan of the storyline. They did AIM and the Mardarin a huge disservice. Both the evil organization and the supervillian were bastardized to make an incoherrent plot. Some of the action scenes were entertaining, but not enough to save the movie in my opinion.

Who is everyone?

Most of what I read about IM3 was pretty negative. I thought it was a bit of a break from the first two films, less bright and upbeat. Still, not a terrible movie.

I had no particular attachment to A.I.M. or the Mandarin, so the changes didn't bother me.

your opinion G.....lots of comic fans liked it.....i cant figure out the "fans" who thought the Thomas Jane Punisher movie was thee Punisher movie while saying the Ray Peterson one sucked.....:dunno:.....its all what ya like a guess....

your opinion G.....lots of comic fans liked it.....i cant figure out the "fans" who thought the Thomas Jane Punisher movie was thee Punisher movie while saying the Ray Peterson one sucked.....:dunno:.....its all what ya like a guess....

I wasn't a huge fan of any of the Punisher movies. He's not an easy character to make enjoyable in a movie, while still having broad appeal.

I wasn't a huge fan of any of the Punisher movies. He's not an easy character to make enjoyable in a movie, while still having broad appeal.

that's because he is pretty violent and his movies aint much different than the movies depicting a special forces guy who comes home and kicks the bad guys asses fucking with his neighborhood ....he would work better teaming up with someone.....his team ups with Captain America were pretty good and his team ups with Spiderman....

I actually thought that second Punisher movie was pretty entertaining. Not a great movie, but entertaining.

The second adaption was horrible on every account.

I actually like the Dolp Lungern one back in the day.

Caught the tail end of the film on the plane back from San Francisco.

The disappearing and reappearing suits was seriously annoying.

I actually thought that second Punisher movie was pretty entertaining. Not a great movie, but entertaining.

The second adaption was horrible on every account.

I actually like the Dolp Lungern one back in the day.

i got his name wrong it was Ray Stevenson.....but he was the Punisher over Jane or Dolph....Lundgren did have the attitude though....

I saw an interview with Guy Pierce before the movie came out.

He claimed to have only a small role in the film.

He lied. :)

I just watch it.

I liked it...I thought the message was good.

Even the hero could only take so much...he developed paranoia, PTSD, anxiety, pushed this loved ones away.

The villain began with the best intentions, but mistakes and compromises...the ends justify the means mentality warped his character and personality.

I read about Von Braun in James Michener's book Space, designing a building V series rockets for the Nazis, but his goal was space.

Mengele is another real life example.

The plot point of working behind the scenes...playing on peoples expectations to mask totally unrelated events...I thought that was brilliant.

The explosions were random side effects of the process, but by giving them a terroristic explanation, the storyline written to fit the facts of the accidental explosion...all investigation and resources were redirected to the fictional Mandarin.

Over and over again using misdirection, "we'll use this oil barge, but it's just a ruse to get what we really want, which is power.

Reminds me of the tactics own politicians use...they really don't care about things, except as tools and levers to get what they really want.

Probably my favorite thing about this movie was Stark had to act without the suit...that he could do it himself, without the technology...without the invulnerability...without the power...I thought that made for a great story.

I am also not saddled with the original comic book storyline, so that probably made my experience with this movie more positive.

When I watched the movie version of Raise the Titanic and Clear and Present Danger after being big fans Of the books by Clive Cussler and Tom Clancy respectively, I was disappointed in the extreme.

Your expectations are high, but a reworked plot never measures up.

Last edited:
Ironman 3 can be summed up in one sentence, "Show me a hero and I'll write you a tragedy."~F. Scott Fitzgerald

I wanted to be entertained, not be witness to a character study.

Bought the first on bluray and thought it was so-so, saw the second one on TV and really didn't care for it, won't bother watching IM3.

Aw, it wasn't that bad at all. I actually could relate to Tony Stark a bit. Some of his character traits mirrored my own. Although I won't name them here.

kinda like the DD movie.....many did not like it just because Affleck was DD....but the movie itself was not that bad.....

Aw, it wasn't that bad at all. I actually could relate to Tony Stark a bit. Some of his character traits mirrored my own. Although I won't name them here.

kinda like the DD movie.....many did not like it just because Affleck was DD....but the movie itself was not that bad.....

No, actually, Daredevil was pretty craptastic. :lol:

your opinion Montro..... the comic fans at Superhero Hype .....which is comments by hundreds of people who read lots of comics and have for years.....when it came out they gave it around a 75%.....and till this day it is rated at 3-4 stars out of 5....all in all the movie was not as bad as some "fans" say it is....

DC's Steel makes Daredevil look like Casablanca...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NphcEQ_07CU]Steel - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back