IRS: Cheapest Obamacare Plan Will Be $20,000 Per Family

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
(CNSNews.com) – In a final regulation issued Wednesday, the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) assumed that under Obamacare the cheapest health insurance plan available in 2016 for a family will cost $20,000 for the year.

Under Obamacare, Americans will be required to buy health insurance or pay a penalty to the IRS.

The IRS's assumption that the cheapest plan for family will cost $20,000 per year is found in examples the IRS gives to help people understand how to calculate the penalty they will need to pay the government if they do not buy a mandated health plan.

The examples point to families of four and families of five, both of which the IRS expects in its assumptions to pay a minimum of $20,000 per year for a bronze plan

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/irs-cheapest-obamacare-plan-will-be-20000-family

Hey! America, consider yerselves "bronzed" you deserve it. :clap2:

citizen wrote: Well you can't expect others to pay for the healthcare of YOUR children can you?

That's what Medicaid and Passport are for.

Would imagine a lot of couples are gonna be given some extra thought...

... to whether to have more kids...

... or any kids at all...

... should be a boon to the birth control industry.

Last edited:
I will just stay on my Medicare.

Would that be the Medicare that Obama gutted to help pay for ObamaCare? Let us know how that continues to work out for you. Once the ObamaCare board gets done cutting reimbursement rates for Dr's you'll play merry hell finding a Dr. that will even see you.

Wait for it, Ole Greenbeard will be here shortly to defend this.

Lets see, you HAVE to buy it or they will penalize you and tax you for it...yessirree.....I can smell the stench already.

Anecdotal.....

First week of January I am advised by my insurance company I NEED to have an endoscopy and a clonoscopy done...not to worry....it is mandated for full coverage by Bammycare...

While in there they remove 4 polyps...and because they FOUND something it gets reclassified as a "procedure" and I owe $3000 for it.

Bammycare is going to break a lot of people.

Looks like nationalized healthcare is the only solution

The dirty little secret is that this Plan is the vehicle being used to get us to where we'd accept a Federal Single Payor plan.

The mandate was a red herring that everyone fell for...

The real devil is in the details.

Guaranteed issue all by itself would have destroyed our system..but they piled on the pre-existing condition clause to hasten its demise.

Looks like nationalized healthcare is the only solution

That's what I didn't like about Obamacare, it does nothing about the continuation of the drastic rises in healthcare insurance.
Between 1999-2009, healthcare insurance went up 131% while wages only grew by 38% during that same time period!

Attachments

• $121510-snapshot.jpg
    $121510-snapshot.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 123
(CNSNews.com) – In a final regulation issued Wednesday, the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) assumed that under Obamacare the cheapest health insurance plan available in 2016 for a family will cost $20,000 for the year.

Under Obamacare, Americans will be required to buy health insurance or pay a penalty to the IRS.

The IRS's assumption that the cheapest plan for family will cost $20,000 per year is found in examples the IRS gives to help people understand how to calculate the penalty they will need to pay the government if they do not buy a mandated health plan.

The examples point to families of four and families of five, both of which the IRS expects in its assumptions to pay a minimum of $20,000 per year for a bronze plan

IRS: Cheapest Obamacare Plan Will Be $20,000 Per Family | CNS News

Hey! America, consider yerselves "bronzed" you deserve it. :clap2:

Go to the "Homepage" of your "source". Look under "about us". Kind of says it all.

The number one cause of bankruptcy is "medical bills". Why do you feel that's a "good thing"? Why do Republicans block real reform. Why do Republicans feel a Health Care company CEO making a hundred million dollars skimming insurance policies is "good for this country"?

The right wing - ever more extreme - ever more ignorant - always trying to bring us down.

That's what I didn't like about Obamacare, it does nothing about the continuation of the drastic rises in healthcare insurance.
Between 1999-2009, healthcare insurance went up 131% while wages only grew by 38% during that same time period!

Increases in healthcare expenditures:
2003 8.6%
2004 6.9%
2005 6.5%
2006 6.7%
2007 6.1%
Compare to 10.5% in 1970 and 13% in 1980
The American Spectator : Downgrading American Medical Care

You must be thinking of the costs of education.....

Leftists often make that mistake.

Increases in healthcare expenditures:
2003 8.6%
2004 6.9%
2005 6.5%
2006 6.7%
2007 6.1%
Compare to 10.5% in 1970 and 13% in 1980
The American Spectator : Downgrading American Medical Care

You must be thinking of the costs of education.....

Leftists often make that mistake.

Health care expenditures are the same as health insurance premiums?

Forum List

Back