Is anybody actually fighting the Russian troop in Ukraine?

He did ---- he came out yesterday cheering on Putin quite dramatically.

I think that was a bit iffy for a presidential candidate -----

Or an American. . . . . . . :oops:
His position is Putin is actually liberating Ukraine.....that is also my position. NATO has no business being there unless they are voted in by the People who live there. That's not how they got there. Trump has no use for NATO.....nor should we...not the new version of it anyway.

Jo

Right, except that it was March 99 and going into a Serbian summer.
Huh. I don't remember and it's too over to look up. I remember there was a lot of talk about the cold at the time ---- but maybe you are right.

His position is Putin is actually liberating Ukraine.....that is also my position. NATO has no business being there unless they are voted in by the People who live there. That's not how they got there. Trump has no use for NATO.....nor should we...not the new version of it anyway.

Jo
I am no fan of NATO for us; I think it's probably a good idea for the European Union. Time and past time to close off that gate to war for us. Europe is using NATO as a way to get us to do it all.

Or just sitting back, and giving your opponent enough rope to hang himself. It's only been two days...
Besides... We all know that if he speaks out just yet, the left will just accuse him of trying to undercut America, rather than the imposter President Biden.
Hell. The left does it now with Joe Random. The playbook is known.
No doubt the Biden side will accuse Trump of trying to undercut America!
And same on buddying up to Putin.
He would be risking a lot!
And there's little doubt that if it's left hanginf for long, Americans in a very large minority will side with Biden's war. Especially because it's so bloodless for America so far.

Putin is going to be very pissed about that now that he's suffering some minor losses and America isn't!

Putin could have come in without a single casualty if he wanted to do scorched earth....that's not what this is about.,

JO
Good point!
And a pretty good discussion evolving out of the previous clusterf--k that was happening yesterday!

Putin is actually going very easy on them .... so far he has not touched the power plants.....that should tell everybody watching something if they know anything at all. Most of them do not.

JO

I agree Putin wants to take over not destroy, and the only people willing to fight him do not have the resources or numbers. Ukraine will soon be a Russian satellite.

NATO and the US will do nothing but bitch, maybe build up forces in eastern Europe.

“The weapons are the last portion of a $60 million security-assistance package announced Sept. 1 meant to help Ukraine “more effectively defend itself against Russian aggression,” the White House said at the time.”

60 million isn't much frankly.... hell a decent six by six goes for about 750K fully outfitted. War is expensive.

JO

I agree Putin wants to take over not destroy, and the only people willing to fight him do not have the resources or numbers. Ukraine will soon be a Russian satellite.

NATO and the US will do nothing but bitch, maybe build up forces in eastern Europe.
Don't underestimate the ability of US/Nato resolve and the advanced weaponry being delivered to the Ukraine side. Especially when the shells, rockets, etc. start landing deep within Russian territory!

I have to admit, the thought makes me feel a bit queasy.

Ya see, Biden's promise of America not being involved militarily was made with his fingers crossed behind his back!

Ya see, Biden's promise of America not being involved militarily was made with his fingers crossed behind his back!
This is where I challenge you to demonstrate your claim to be true, and you respond by tucking tail and run.
As always.
Like to good little armchair general you are.

Last edited:
Spot on piece by Pat Buchanan from antiwar.com

This is an invitation for America's right to up the ante against Biden's war!

Will the right get on board with Pat or will they fold for Biden and America?

A good telling factor on how it will go is in the fact that there are no troops to support yet!

Don't underestimate the ability of US/Nato resolve and the advanced weaponry being delivered to the Ukraine side. Especially when the shells, rockets, etc. start landing deep within Russian territory!

I have to admit, the thought makes me feel a bit queasy.

I see the American tax payers funding a gorilla war against Russia within Ukraine for the next decade, that is it.

I don't think Putin actually wants Ukraine....its better for him if they remain their own nation....but he doesn't want NATO in there either.
We would do the same thing if China put Missile sites in California aimed at NYC and DC....it's pretty much congruent.

JO

His position is Putin is actually liberating Ukraine.....that is also my position. NATO has no business being there unless they are voted in by the People who live there.

Why not? NATO has never been built solely on democratic principles.

I don't think Putin actually wants Ukraine....its better for him if they remain their own nation....but he doesn't want NATO in there either.
We would do the same thing if China put Missile sites in California aimed at NYC and DC....it's pretty much congruent.

JO

That is pure ignorance. California is part of the U.S. and has been for more than a century.

I see the American tax payers funding a gorilla war against Russia within Ukraine for the next decade, that is it.
That's possible too. But don't be thinking that Putin will accept losses to guerrillas that are being financed by America!

Gorilla!
LOL

60 million isn't much frankly.... hell a decent six by six goes for about 750K fully outfitted. War is expensive.

JO
Thanks for bringing that comparative aspect to light. I failed to move the microscope out a bit to show prior history of US arms to Ukraine:
“The administration said Wednesday it is providing a further $200 million in defensive military aid to Ukraine. Since 2014 the United States has provided Ukraine with about $2.5 billion in defense assistance, including anti-tank missiles and radars.”

Thanks for bringing that comparative aspect to light. I failed to move the microscope out a bit to show prior history of US arms to Ukraine:
“The administration said Wednesday it is providing a further $200 million in defensive military aid to Ukraine. Since 2014 the United States has provided Ukraine with about $2.5 billion in defense assistance, including anti-tank missiles and radars.”

The key to the propaganda is in the word defensive.

Forum List

Back