Zone1 Is Black Fatherlessness caused by Racism? By the Welfare System? By Something Else?

It's been available and apparently not used mostly.

All I am saying is we have to bring back the shame of not being able to support yourself and your children.
Isn’t Abortion rates rather high among black women?

Since we can’t seem to have a discussion about black fatherlessness, without abortion being brought into it, I’ll weigh in on that:

In spite of the difficulties, children without fathers have, it is obviously worse for them if they are killed in the womb. So no, I do not advocate, aborting, black babies, or any other babies.

It’s the same logic by which I don’t advocate infantacide of fatherless black babies. Nor do I advocate whatever killing toddlers is called, nor killing teenagers.

The fact that killing black children is clearly a heinous act, does not lessen the difficulties fatherless black children face.

That should end the discussion of abortion on this thread.

There is a lot of truth to what they are saying but let's be honest. Right now in America there is a young black girl who doesn't have any money who's going to let a young black man with no money put his dick inside her without a rubber. Who's fault is it? Yes I admit that these people are in the situation they are in because of generational racism dating all the way back to the civil war but ultimately, who's fault is it she let him fuck her without a rubber?

She WANTED to have a baby because she has nothing else. Not all but there are a lot of black women like this. I worked with a black women who had 5 kids from 4 different guys. All accidents? Republicans think it's wonderful she didn't abort any of these 5 babies? And this woman worked. But clearly she was also on welfare and the fathers were not in these kids lives. The last baby daddy was a white cop. His didn't want anything to do with her or the kid. Probably embarrassed by her.

Do black people go to public school? Don't the teachers teach them about fatherlessness? Or do the kids grow up and just not listen?

Lastly. There is a shortage of black men. So black women are willing to sleep with a black man who has babies with other women. She's willing to share. This is because black women in ghettos aren't allowed to date white men. It's taboo. They get shunned. So the next time someone says you are racist because you wouldn't want your daughter to date a black guy, know this about the black community. They DO NOT like their black women sleeping with white men.

I've had black women tell me it's refreshing how affectionate and considerate us white guys are. We have to be. We don't have big black cocks that can go all night. We have to compensate.
A woman with 1 child can get over $5,000 a year in free money from the federal EITC program

If there is more than one fatherless child the EITC goes up to over $7,000

Tax refund time in the Hood is wild

Black fatherlessness was/is caused by the Democratic Party. They subsidized the end of the black family unit back in the 60s and still do today. The federal gov't has institutionalized and even encouraged illegitimate children with single parents. And the DP does not care as long as they vote for democrats.

Black fatherlessness was/is caused by the Democratic Party. They subsidized the end of the black family unit back in the 60s and still do today. The federal gov't has institutionalized and even encouraged illegitimate children with single parents. And the DP does not care as long as they vote for democrats.
lack of marriage does not mean fatherless.

It's been available and apparently not used mostly.

All I am saying is we have to bring back the shame of not being able to support yourself and your children.

And if a Corporation accepts Government funding?

$5000 is less than I earn in a month, and I am by no way rich.
Yes, the $5k is meant to last them at least a week in Las Vegas or Disneyworld

Or maybe a shopping spree in swank stores downtown

But its not expected to support them all year

What is the reason for this seeming epidemic of black or mixed children growing up without a father?

This article from UCLA Law argues that requiring fathers to pay child support is the cause:

This one argues that it is the welfare system:

Historically, federal and state laws and welfare regulations have created barriers and disincentives for the involvement of fathers in the lives of their children. Federal assistance for the poor often focused on children and custodial parents, elderly persons, and disabled persons. Able-bodied men, including noncustodial fathers, were not eligible for benefits such as public or subsidized housing, Medicare, or food stamps. These policies lead to situations in which fathers were too poor to support their children financially and subsequently too ashamed to maintain contact or involvement with them.

Rather than a linear process that ascribes the blame for Black plight to Black fathers, this Comment posits that socially constructed notions of race and stringent welfare-child support laws perpetuate the absent Black father stereotype. This cycle begins with a Black father being absent from the home; he then has child support enforced against him, irrespective of his ability to pay; consequently, the child takes on the identity of being fatherless and the father who cannot pay child support is rendered deadbeat.
This interview argues that it is the child welfare system, i.e. CPS and other family investigation agencies:

quickly discovered that Black children were grossly over-represented in the system. There was this huge racial disparity, which I then came to see as Black communities being targeted by what I’m now calling “family policing.”

In other words, it’s not just that there are statistical disparities. There are Black communities—especially segregated, impoverished Black neighborhoods—where there is intense concentration of child-welfare-agency involvement, and children are at high risk of being subjected to investigation, to being removed from their homes, to spending a long time in foster care, and for their parents rights to be terminated.

Honestly, I found a hard time reading anything from a reputable source that blamed racism. Yet that seems to be the go-to when the issue is discussed.

What say you?
A father being responsible for taking care of his children has zero to do with racism or welfare.

The problem is not with Nick, it's with poor lower class versions of Nick that the State picks up the tab for.
Oh his kids will grow up to be broke 18 year old baby daddys and mammas too. He's part of the problem alright even if he sends the check every month and skyps.

Yes, more poor people in these situations.
The good news is that young people are getting it. They are actually having fewer kids. Too expensive. And they aren't looking to get married. They say "don't get pregnant until you are out of poverty" is one of the most successful public service announcement ever. Young people are listening. Now corporate America is freaking out because they need workers for growth. I like it. If you are middle class, have 1 kid. The planet is over populated imo. And then we would welcome the workers from South America. Doing jobs "real" Americans won't do.

The good news is that young people are getting it. They are actually having fewer kids. Too expensive. And they aren't looking to get married. They say "don't get pregnant until you are out of poverty" is one of the most successful public service announcement ever. Young people are listening. Now corporate America is freaking out because they need workers for growth. I like it. If you are middle class, have 1 kid. The planet is over populated imo. And then we would welcome the workers from South America. Doing jobs "real" Americans won't do.

The bad news is the people who can afford larger families are having less kids and those are the ones we will be missing in the next 20-40 years.

If you are middle class or upper class, have 3-4 kids. We need engineers doctors and accountants more than we need unskilled labor.

Oh his kids will grow up to be broke 18 year old baby daddys and mammas too. He's part of the problem alright even if he sends the check every month and skyps.

Better him sending the check than the government having to cover for it.

The bad news is the people who can afford larger families are having less kids and those are the ones we will be missing in the next 20-40 years.

If you are middle class or upper class, have 3-4 kids. We need engineers doctors and accountants more than we need unskilled labor.
So true. But it took years to pay off that college debt. That put off having kids by 10 years. Fewer kids.

Forum List

Back