Is Bush A Racist?

Originally posted by thesolution
some practices typical of Republican leadership are detrimental to minorities. Some policies seem racist to us.

Please list one or two typical Republican practices that are detrimental to minorities. Does the existence of Colin Powel and Condoleeza Rice mean anything to you? Or are they just mean old George Bush's house n*****s?
A lot of their policies that promote this agenda may hurt blacks and minorities.

MAY? Are you serious? Again we're looking for specificty. This pie in the sky crapola will not float in our corner of the fetid eddy.
I believe that practical and thorough review of laws and how they affect our rights under the constitution would make Republicans better at proposing laws.

Liberals mock and deride the constitution as a document created by inherently racist, rich, white, slave owners and you know it. And you completely ignore the second amendment and many other items I shan't enumerate now. You'd like to tear it up and have straight out mob rule, knowing you could fool enough idiots to give away their rights if you promise to pillage the producers of society on their behalf. Don't hid behind it when it suits your fancy.

The rule of law? Like you care. How many democratic mayors started issuing illegal marriage licenses? We have a process in place to change laws, and for elected officials themselvs to subvert that as they have is disgusting. You forced this reaction, intentionally. So you could point and say "look at the dirty repulbicans. What is john kerry's stance on this issue? I forgot. Oh wait, So did he.
Honestly, I believe religious conservatives discriminate against gays and I believe President Bush does as well. There is really no excuse for the current Amendment issue. I'm also strait, but it's a clear overturning of a section of Title VII, sexual discrimination laws. You can't reconcile a new amendment over the existing antidiscrimination laws. That's why the courts can't rule on this. Republicans should get their heads out of their a$$$$ and read the constitution again. I just hope they don't get to the point where I'm not allowed to get married b/c I don't go to church ever week.

There is a component of homophobia in some people on the right. But they have the right to that view, just as you have the right to wrongfully view conservative arguments as simpleminded. They don't have a right to act on that belief in any act which violates that person's rights. The issue with the marriage thing: they believe that marriage is about family and family is about raising children and children are best served with a member of each gender in their lives, but again we smack up against the liberal fallacy that "everyone's the same".

Originally posted by rtwngAvngr

Liberals mock and deride the constitution as a document created by inherently racist, rich, white, slave owners and you know it. And you completely ignore the second amendment and many other items I shan't enumerate now. You'd like to tear it up and have straight out mob rule, knowing you could fool enough idiots to give away their rights if you promise to pillage the producers of society on their behalf. Don't hid behind it when it suits your fancy.

Well said.

Does using minorities to grab votes classify a party as racist ? The Democrats are geniuses at "playing" all minorities . Promises made but never kept goes without saying when describing the "geniuses" lurking in the jackass (sorry jackass) party .Ted Kennedy? The only time he has anything to say to a black person is when he needs a refill on the Scotch , I guess that would be a lengthy conversation with his bartender . John Kerry , do we really believe this guy cares about anyone but himself ?
Oh by the way , lonevoice , homosexuality isn't a race , it is an extremely risky and , I have to guess , a very painful lifestyle . How many new definitions will we have to put up with for these leaky assed clowns .They already screwed up gay . They still don't know what they are going to use instead of husband and wife . Bill Clinton signed the marriage protection act and John Kerry has gone on record as saying he is against homosexual marriage .We don't have enough problems with kids raised in broken homes , they want to add kids raised by people that perform unnatural acts on each other, great . If two adults want to do that or even poor gasoline on each other and light a match , I don't care . Don't bring kids into it .
Like I said before , change will have to come from within the individual races , decisions have to be made that it is cool to stay in school , to work and take responsibility for their actions .

Originally posted by sitarro
Does using minorities to grab votes classify a party as racist ? The Democrats are geniuses at "playing" all minorities . Promises made but never kept goes without saying when describing the "geniuses" lurking in the jackass (sorry jackass) party .Ted Kennedy? The only time he has anything to say to a black person is when he needs a refill on the Scotch , I guess that would be a lengthy conversation with his bartender . John Kerry , do we really believe this guy cares about anyone but himself ?
Oh by the way , lonevoice , homosexuality isn't a race , it is an extremely risky and , I have to guess , a very painful lifestyle . How many new definitions will we have to put up with for these leaky assed clowns .They already screwed up gay . They still don't know what they are going to use instead of husband and wife . Bill Clinton signed the marriage protection act and John Kerry has gone on record as saying he is against homosexual marriage .We don't have enough problems with kids raised in broken homes , they want to add kids raised by people that perform unnatural acts on each other, great . If two adults want to do that or even poor gasoline on each other and light a match , I don't care . Don't bring kids into it .
Like I said before , change will have to come from within the individual races , decisions have to be made that it is cool to stay in school , to work and take responsibility for their actions .

You're all over the place on that one....
Try a coherent thought....

Originally posted by William Joyce
OK, then.

If what you say is true, you'll have an example of multiracial harmony for us.

There are places all over the world, past and present, where different races have gotten along. You only hear about the violence between them because of the media and history books.

In my little podunk hometown in Illinois we never had race issues, We never had race issues when I was a marine, and we don't have race issues in dallas. Yes, a select portion feel that their troubles are brought to them because of the color of their skin and maybe some of that is true, but whos the racist if they are being discriminated?

My point is that it happens, as long as fear and greed don't get in the way.

Originally posted by lilcountriegal
Where, exactly, did I say this??? Please dont put words in my mouth.

What I prefer is equality for all. What you earn is yours. What disgusts me is having to earn everything that I have, while the same is given to others simply based on the color of their skin.

Isn't equality for all exactly what we're talking about? When history has proven that equality for all hasn't been granted as a result of discriminatory practices, then it takes proactive measures to resolve those issues. The point of affirmative action is to provide access for people of all walks of life, so that they have opportunities to prove themselves.

I agree with you. Whites have been given an unfair advantage via discriminatory practices, simply due to the color of their skin, and that's wrong. When you look at the historical evidence, this has obviously been proven true. Let's do what we can to provide equal access to all.

You know what the real point is....
1. It's been proven historically that this country has engaged in numerous discriminatory practices (some purposeful and some seemingly unknowingly).

2. Some of you want to take an approach that ultimately says, we wave a magic wand, and poof all discrimination ends at the snap of my fingers. Now it's fair for everyone.

3. But, you want to ignore the fact, that that's not true. This country still engages in numerous discriminatory practices (some purposeful and some seemingly unknowingly). As a result of that true fact, the ones most harmfully affected who are fully aware of its consequences, support the affirmative action approach. In their experiences, it opened the doors of access for a broader range of people.

Look! If you can make your magic wand approach work, and all discrimination truly ends, then I support that approach over any other. But until you prove that your magic wand has worked, we'll continue with the affirmative action approach, because we've seen it to have worked more effectively.

I guess I do have to come back and ask one more question . Where was the affirmative action in the Clinton administration . Wasn't that an extremely white male administration ? Oh yes , that's right , they had Mady Albright and Janet (Will Farrell) Reno , two typical females . Where were all of the black people ? This guy was the "first black President" , couldn't he find some qualified blacks(actual blacks rather than pretend blacks) for key positions on his cabinet? He did have EIGHT years to "affirmative action" some into HIS administration . More hollow promises from the Dems yet the black community continues to support these liars . I guess it is some kind of "doormat" syndrome like the one Hillary suffers from .

Originally posted by sitarro
I guess I do have to come back and ask one more question . Where was the affirmative action in the Clinton administration . Wasn't that an extremely white male administration ? Oh yes , that's right , they had Mady Albright and Janet (Will Farrell) Reno , two typical females . Where were all of the black people ? This guy was the "first black President" , couldn't he find some qualified blacks(actual blacks rather than pretend blacks) for key positions on his cabinet? He did have EIGHT years to "affirmative action" some into HIS administration . More hollow promises from the Dems yet the black community continues to support these liars . I guess it is some kind of "doormat" syndrome like the one Hillary suffers from .

These "I'll defend my parties position, by pointing to the other side and casting fault with them" arguments are sickening. Both, when they come from Democrats and Republicans. To rephrase, "I'm not so wrong, because they're wronger (not a word)".

My main point is, are you really arguing that Clinton should have used a more affirmative action approach when choosing his cabinet? Is that really YOUR argument?

Are you also saying that because Bush has Powell and Rice that proves that Bush and the Republican party has now eliminated all discriminatory practices?

Are you also saying that Blacks don't have the ability to choose for themselves, which candidate they prefer? Are you suggesting that you're better at choosing their candidates for them?

If you want to talk about some syndrome that Hillary suffers, how about you back that up with some real medical proof?

Originally posted by LoneVoice
Are you also saying that because Bush has Powell and Rice that proves that Bush and the Republican party has now eliminated all discriminatory practices?

Allow me to use this same argument.

Are you saying that if companies follow affirmative action and higher new employees based on race that they are eliminating discriminatory practices?

Originally posted by jimnyc

Are you saying that if companies follow affirmative action and higher new employees based on race that they are eliminating discriminatory practices?

Actually Yeah. If you look at the overall picture. This big picture, not just the small one.

1. Discriminatory practices in the past have created a overwhelmingly White and Male oriented work environment.

2. Affirmative action legislation has assisted in altering that work environment towards the direction of natural balance for all races. Currently, the work environment is still White and Male oriented, but the degree to which it is lop-sided has been reduced.

Based on real life statistics, the affirmative action program is working.

Effective use of that same argument, Jimmy.

Actually Yeah. If you look at the overall picture. This big picture, not just the small one.

1. Discriminatory practices in the past have created a overwhelmingly White and Male oriented work environment.

2. Affirmative action legislation has assisted in altering that work environment towards the direction of natural balance for all races. Currently, the work environment is still White and Male oriented, but the degree to which it is lop-sided has been reduced.

For starters, you just made an argument for Bush not being a racist. Surely someone who is eliminating discriminatory practices is not a racist. So I guess we just ended that debate.

For starters, you just made an argument for Bush not being a racist. Surely someone who is eliminating discriminatory practices is not a racist. So I guess we just ended that debate.

Elaborate on your comments. Back up your claims please.

Elaborate on your comments. Back up your claims please.

The title of this thread is "Is Bush a racist".

I highly doubt that someone that is, in your words, eliminating discriminatory practices is a racist.

The title of this thread is "Is Bush a racist".

First of all, the title of this thread is "Is Bush a racist". Much has been said with regards to that topic already.

Much of the discussions of this thread have shifted to the details of specific arguments. That's how affirmative action has risen to be a major topic of discussion in this thread.

I highly doubt that someone that is, in your words, eliminating discriminatory practices is a racist.
You still haven't been backing up your statement. How has Bush been eliminating discriminatory practices? The other question that arises out of that is, are there discriminatory practices that he's engaging in?

You still haven't been backing up your statement. How has Bush been eliminating discriminatory practices? The other question that arises out of that is, are there discriminatory practices that he's engaging in?

I have backed it up, you just fail to see it.

YOU stated that these discriminatory practices resulted in white and male oriented work environment.

YOU stated that hiring minorities is reducing anti-discriminatory practices.

Bush has hired both blacks and women. That can only mean that he is following anti-discriminatory practices.

The overall picture? You wouldn't know the big picture if it bit half your dipstick off. You illogically reduce the concept of fairness to mean "being comprised of equal numbers of individuals of all races". How about treating individuals fairly and letting the chips fall where they may? I think that unless white children are actively being discriminated against you'll just never be happy.

Forum List

Back