Is Christmas a Christian (or Catholic) Holiday?

Christians believe that jesus fullfilled the law and the covenant and a new covenant starts. The covenant of baptism, by faith not by circumisation. Christians are not jews, since jews are the nation of israel, and christians believe that a "child was born for all mankind" listen to the speech of the Pope on Christmas.

Not true by simple default. No one can BELIEVE Jesus is the Messiah unless they do not know what the Messiah is in the first place.

1). The deeds and purpose of the Messiah are part and parcel of the Messianic definition.

2). Jesus did not fulfil that role.

So, Christianity is defined by a hocus-pocus concoction of their own making. Jews who have lost their faith in the coming of the Messiah decided to redefine it - not replace it. In so doing they have moved the goalposts within the game rather than creating a new game. Christianity is therefore not a religion. It is a superstitious break-away sect of Judaism.

Christians believe that jesus fullfilled the law and the covenant and a new covenant starts. The covenant of baptism, by faith not by circumisation. Christians are not jews, since jews are the nation of israel, and christians believe that a "child was born for all mankind" listen to the speech of the Pope on Christmas.

Not true by simple default. No one can BELIEVE Jesus is the Messiah unless they do not know what the Messiah is in the first place.

1). The deeds and purpose of the Messiah are part and parcel of the Messianic definition.

So, Christianity is defined by a hocus-pocus concoction of their own making. Jews who have lost their faith in the coming of the Messiah decided to redefine it - not replace it. In so doing they have moved the goalposts within the game rather than creating a new game. Christianity is therefore not a religion. It is a superstitious break-away sect of Judaism.

It is true that Constantine started converting the old pagan Holy days and statues into Biblical sacred days and characters. Like the statue of David. It was forbidden for a Jew to exposed their nakedness.

View attachment 433610

what "naked" statue of David existed in the time of Constantine? You got a really messed up TIIME-LINE in your head
I've made a mistake of the timeline on that statue. But i believe that Romans were arresting and pulling down and destroying pagan's statues and symbols. But i also believe that some pagans had went around changing the names on these statues of their deities into Christian prophets to save them from being destroyed. Like the sculpture of Apollo. Apollo was a healer as the same as Apollos the apostle. And I believe that this statue was created around 100 A.D. But then the name was changed to Apollo around 300 A.D. in order to preserve it.
And now these pagans want to undo what Christianity had done to their religion.
Maybe that is why some people had paid Michael Angelo to create artwork of pagan's gods and slapped a biblical character name onto the statues or paintings in order to revived paganism. During the day, they pray to biblical characters. But at night, when there's no one around, that they will used these images to pray to their pagan gods.
Paganism was outlawed. And these so-called historical Biblical artworks doesn't depict biblical figures. But look more like pagan deities. Even the Statue of Liberty looks like VENUS DI MILO statue. Like she is the one who is signaling all of her followers that this land is good for the picking.

However, she may also represent Amphitrite—the goddess of the sea—who held special significance on the island where the work of art was found.

oba-gif_05_delay-0.1s.gif

After all, the bible (between page one and the last) is a superstitious fairy tale so what's the use in picking on one or two points if you are not willing to read the whole thing and plot it out. Those who believe the thing aren't listening to anything resembling logic...
[/QUOTE]

No, the Bible is not a fairy tale, unless one is reading it from a 21st century modern English perspective. There is logic between right and wrong, between what is best and that which fails to be "good enough". The Bible is an attempt by our ancestors to warn us of past mistakes; people did not listen then, they are not listening still...and perhaps we never will. While the Bible may not glitter, it is still gold.

... It is true that Constantine started converting the old pagan Holy days and statues into Biblical sacred days and characters. Like the statue of David. It was forbidden for a Jew to exposed their nakedness. ...

First of all is everyone created naked - and the renaissance statue of David from Michelangelo is representing the universal beauty of the human body - or with other words: It represents that we are childrend of god, how god thougt us to be. Nakedness is beauty - and not a perversion how your animation tries to produce. That's why I do not like to show this animation here again. Michelangelo and his time saw in the Jew David (a member of the "people of god") a protoptype for the beauty of the "children of god". What you see here is practically an imagination of the body of the soul of David. That's how they thought "reincarnation" or "heaven" - while they started the modern world in an unbelievable creative process within the heart of the Catholic world.

And I am by the way sure you never read where it is written that Jews are "forbidden" (whatever this could be in this context) to expose nakedness. Body care - personal hygiene - was always in history very important for Jews. And such things are always combined with nakedness. On the other side exist childish - but also aggressive - idiots, who have a strange relation to nakedness.
Ham was cursed for looking at his father Noah's naked body. But his brother turned around and walked backward to covered their father's shame.
The Jews thought of the Roman citizens that went along with the ways of the common folks were heathens. It is because ancient Romans walked around naked or a toga but not wearing nothing underneath. And so the roman centurions walked around in public showing their giblets in front of women and children.
It was common for certain nations and tribes to walk around naked. It was the Israelites that were fully clothed.
That Jewish women walked around with their heads bowed looking towards the ground. It is because of the Greeks, Romans, Hellenistic Jews and other Non Israelites tribes walked around at times bare naked. And Greek artwork were around in certain areas.

Isaiah 47:3
Your nakedness will be exposed and your shame uncovered. I will take vengeance; I will spare no one.”

Mark 14:52
he fled naked, leaving his garment behind.

John 20:15
He asked her, “Woman, why are you crying? Who is it you are looking for?” Thinking he was the gardener, she said, “Sir, if you have carried him away, tell me where you have put him, and I will get him.”

john-l-gif_07_delay-0.01s.gif

It is a make-believe day of the calendar made up by a cult. It is similar to Kwanzaa and the Swedish National Day. They can call it what they want but they have no historical significance.

ANY holiday can take on any meaning. It depends on the heart of the individual. For me Christmas is a celebration of the Messiah's birth. I can accept the fact that Jesus was likely born in March --- the history fits. But December could be the time the Magi showed up 1 to 2 years later and brought their presents. I see it as a new dawning as the days begin to get longer and longer. And this is what Christ did. He brought me out of deep darkness into more and more light.
Xmas is a the Pagan Winter solstice ...its a stolen holiday.

... It is true that Constantine started converting the old pagan Holy days and statues into Biblical sacred days and characters. Like the statue of David. It was forbidden for a Jew to exposed their nakedness. ...

First of all is everyone created naked - and the renaissance statue of David from Michelangelo is representing the universal beauty of the human body - or with other words: It represents that we are childrend of god, how god thougt us to be. Nakedness is beauty - and not a perversion how your animation tries to produce. That's why I do not like to show this animation here again. Michelangelo and his time saw in the Jew David (a member of the "people of god") a protoptype for the beauty of the "children of god". What you see here is practically an imagination of the body of the soul of David. That's how they thought "reincarnation" or "heaven" - while they started the modern world in an unbelievable creative process within the heart of the Catholic world.

And I am by the way sure you never read where it is written that Jews are "forbidden" (whatever this could be in this context) to expose nakedness. Body care - personal hygiene - was always in history very important for Jews. And such things are always combined with nakedness. On the other side exist childish - but also aggressive - idiots, who have a strange relation to nakedness.
Ham was cursed for looking at his father Noah's naked body. But his brother turned around and walked backward to covered their father's shame.

And why did he do so? What is the context of this story? I don't have any problem to imagine Noah and his family to sail naked.

The Jews thought of the Roman citizens that went along with the ways of the common folks were heathens. It is because ancient Romans walked around naked or a toga but not wearing nothing underneath. And so the roman centurions walked around in public showing their giblets in front of women and children.

Nevertheless all Jews became citizens of Rome in the early 3rd century.

It was common for certain nations and tribes to walk around naked.

Our celtic ancestors for example often fought naked. I guess the reason was: "Never discuss with your wife about bloodstains in the teared clothing. She might think you had a lot of fun, when you was drunken."

It was the Israelites that were fully clothed.

What means "fully"? A bikini or loin clothes?

That Jewish women walked around with their heads bowed looking towards the ground.

That's nonsense. A Jew is whose mother is a Jew. Jewish women are essential for the spiritual life of Jews in many ways. No need to behave like a slave.

It is because of the Greeks, Romans, Hellenistic Jews and other Non Israelites tribes walked around at times bare naked. And Greek artwork were around in certain areas.

Hellenistic Jews are not Jews? Since when?

Your nakedness will be exposed and your shame uncovered. I will take vengeance; I will spare no one.”

?

Mark 14:52
he fled naked, leaving his garment behind.

So what? Sometimes is not much time for unnecessary things.

Ancient Greeks?

He asked her, “Woman, why are you crying? Who is it you are looking for?” Thinking he was the gardener, she said, “Sir, if you have carried him away, tell me where you have put him, and I will get him.”
?

And what explains you post now in context why Orthodox, Catholic and Protestant Christians and other Christians and not-Christians, who made Christmas to this what it is today?

For example I'm sure next year will be Christkindlesmarkt in Nuremberg again and a new Christkindl will speak again. God might bless everyone who shows compassion with the old free city of Nuremberg and shows also compassion with all victims of Corona. Life is priority.

Last edited:
ANY holiday can take on any meaning. It depends on the heart of the individual. For me Christmas is a celebration of the Messiah's birth. I can accept the fact that Jesus was likely born in March --- the history fits. But December could be the time the Magi showed up 1 to 2 years later and brought their presents. I see it as a new dawning as the days begin to get longer and longer. And this is what Christ did. He brought me out of deep darkness into more and more light.
And what exactly was stolen from Pagans by Christians? The Pagans for example stole the Jewish seven days week from Christians and gave the days pagan names - what was and still is absolutelly no problem for Christians.

O virtus Sapientiae,
quae circuiens circuisti
comprehendendo omnia
in una via, quae habet vitam,
tres alas habens,
quarum una in altum volat,
et altera de terra sudat,
et tertia undique volat.
Laus tibi sit, sicut te decet,
O Sapientia.

Hildegard von Bingen

Last edited:
And what exactly was stolen from Pagans by Christians? The Pagans for example stole the Jewish seven days week from Christians and gave the days pagan names - what was and still is absolutelly no problem for Christians.

Winter solstice predates both jews and christians by thousands of years.......Days of the week hellenistic time frame------named after planets and such. Christians and jews weren't exactly original thinkters--they simply stole from other cultures and rewrote their stories to make them have a jewish and later a christian overtone.

And why did he do so? What is the context of this story? I don't have any problem to imagine Noah and his family to sail naked.
I've remember when I was a child. When I entered the bathroom while my parents were showering or taking a dump. I never look or focused on their bodies while talking to them. I've never noticed their bodies. I have only focused on the things that were on my mind. But for some reason, Ham was focused on his father's body.
Nevertheless all Jews became citizens of Rome in the early 3rd century
And Jews were citizens. That is why they have to go through Pilate to have Jesus killed. And John the Baptist was killed by a non citizen that wasn't under Roman law.
a new Christkindl will speak
I hope you know she is an actor but not a real spirit.

Christmas is made up of different ancient cultures' practices. And they combined these practices they've brought from their old country and added them into the America melting pot. And some citizens here that didn't want to be left out just added into the mix, their own made up version like Kwanzaa.
But as long as they are uplifting Christ rather than the serpent that they were uplifting before. That these celebrations has been blessed by Christ for it was done in His name.
That is what God desires the most. It is to acknowledge Him. But Adam and Eve had listened to the serpent over God.

Numbers 21:8
The Lord said to Moses, “Make a snake and put it up on a pole; anyone who is bitten can look at it and live.”

John 3:14
Just as Moses lifted up the snake in the wilderness, so the Son of Man must be lifted up,

Matthew 27:56
Among them were Mary Magdalene, Mary the mother of James and Joseph, and the mother of Zebedee’s sons.

1 Kings 17:9
“Go at once to Zarephath in the region of Sidon and stay there. I have directed a widow there to supply you with food.

Christians are Jews ..... bad Jews. They forsake the Messiah and call the prophet Christ, Messiah. Bad Jews. Very bad Jews who are blasphemers in nearly everything they say and do.
Christians are not Jews, Clown.
I am so pleased that you have included the basis of your arguement but as I have never worked as a clown it leaves your statement void of substance. I am a former Christian (a Catholic no less) and I speak from a knowledgable position rather than the superficial fantasy that you extract from the exit wound of your plumbing. Christians are Jews who have been duped by Satan into believing superstition and hocus-pocus and in so doing have forsaken the covenant with their own Creator and have become God-less blasphemers.
Your "knowledgeable" position isn't hard to understand. I don't know why you would think someone else might not get it. Are you that pompous?

Christians, by and large, do not understand the New Testament. Ask any one of them the meaning of Revelation, for example. And so some become former Christians - evangelicals, Catholics, etc. You're no different, really.

Real atheists are people who abandon their faith because they do understand the New Testament (generally speaking, anyway). In my circles, we call them Israel-Only. It's a school that I once considered enrolling in, but in the end, I'm convinced that much of the New Testament was written before the Jews destroyed their temple with a fire. And even if not, their prophets saw that day coming in their grand unified vision (Mal 4:1; Is 66:24; Jer 4:4; Jl 2:30; Amos 5:6). After the war, Josephus confirmed the realized vision: “God had for certain long ago doomed it to the fire.” (Wars 6.4.5).

Some Jews abandoned the temple even before it burned down. The Acts and the epistles are replete with such incidents. That temple was their cultural hub; it was their religion, their economy, their government. It was their way of life, and they abandoned it. They abandoned their Judaism.

The migration to this "new" Israel was so profound that soon former pagans outnumbered former Jews. Christianity had become a different way of life, a different faith. Christians are not Jews.

Last edited:
It's a borrowed holiday. Do you think Christians were not aware of Saturnalia when they chose the season for their observances?

What do Jewish sources have to say about the Messiah? Let's see what they claim! Who is the Messiah? | My Jewish Learning

And what does the Old Testament have to say regarding the Messiah?
Isaiah 7:14 ESV
Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign. Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.
Micah 5:2 ESV
But you, O Bethlehem Ephrathah, who are too little to be among the clans of Judah, from you shall come forth for me one who is to be ruler in Israel, whose coming forth is from of old, from ancient days.
Malachi 3:1 ESV
“Behold, I send my messenger, and he will prepare the way before me. And the Lord whom you seek will suddenly come to his temple; and the messenger of the covenant in whom you delight, behold, he is coming, says the Lord of hosts.
Zechariah 9:9 ESV
Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion! Shout aloud, O daughter of Jerusalem! Behold, your king is coming to you; righteous and having salvation is he, humble and mounted on a donkey, on a colt, the foal of a donkey.
Genesis 49:10 ESV
The scepter shall not depart from Judah, nor the ruler's staff from between his feet, until tribute comes to him; and to him shall be the obedience of the peoples.
Genesis 3:15 ESV
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heel.”
Deuteronomy 18:15 ESV
“The Lord your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among you, from your brothers—it is to him you shall listen—
Isaiah 11:1 ESV
There shall come forth a shoot from the stump of Jesse, and a branch from his roots shall bear fruit.
Psalm 22:16-18 ESV
For dogs encompass me; a company of evildoers encircles me; they have pierced my hands and feet— I can count all my bones— they stare and gloat over me; they divide my garments among them, and for my clothing they cast lots.
Isaiah 9:5-7 ESV
For every boot of the tramping warrior in battle tumult and every garment rolled in blood will be burned as fuel for the fire. For to us a child is born, to us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder, and his name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. Of the increase of his government and of peace there will be no end, on the throne of David and over his kingdom, to establish it and to uphold it with justice and with righteousness from this time forth and forevermore. The zeal of the Lord of hosts will do this.
Isaiah 9:6 ESV
For to us a child is born, to us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder, and his name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
Daniel 7:13-14 ESV
“I saw in the night visions, and behold, with the clouds of heaven there came one like a son of man, and he came to the Ancient of Days and was presented before him. And to him was given dominion and glory and a kingdom, that all peoples, nations, and languages should serve him; his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom one that shall not be destroyed.
Isaiah 53:9 ESV
And they made his grave with the wicked and with a rich man in his death, although he had done no violence, and there was no deceit in his mouth.
Isaiah 53:3 ESV
He was despised and rejected by men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief; and as one from whom men hide their faces he was despised, and we esteemed him not.
Genesis 12:3 ESV
I will bless those who bless you, and him who dishonors you I will curse, and in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed.”
Zechariah 12:10 ESV
“And I will pour out on the house of David and the inhabitants of Jerusalem a spirit of grace and pleas for mercy, so that, when they look on me, on him whom they have pierced, they shall mourn for him, as one mourns for an only child, and weep bitterly over him, as one weeps over a firstborn.
Isaiah 9:1-2 ESV
But there will be no gloom for her who was in anguish. In the former time he brought into contempt the land of Zebulun and the land of Naphtali, but in the latter time he has made glorious the way of the sea, the land beyond the Jordan, Galilee of the nations. The people who walked in darkness have seen a great light; those who dwelt in a land of deep darkness, on them has light shined.
Isaiah 53:12 ESV
Therefore I will divide him a portion with the many, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong, because he poured out his soul to death and was numbered with the transgressors; yet he bore the sin of many, and makes intercession for the transgressors.
Isaiah 53:1-12 ESV
Who has believed what he has heard from us? And to whom has the arm of the Lord been revealed? For he grew up before him like a young plant, and like a root out of dry ground; he had no form or majesty that we should look at him, and no beauty that we should desire him. He was despised and rejected by men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief; and as one from whom men hide their faces he was despised, and we esteemed him not. Surely he has borne our griefs and carried our sorrows; yet we esteemed him stricken, smitten by God, and afflicted. But he was wounded for our transgressions; he was crushed for our iniquities; upon him was the chastisement that brought us peace, and with his stripes we are healed. ...
Isaiah 53:7 ESV
He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth; like a lamb that is led to the slaughter, and like a sheep that before its shearers is silent, so he opened not his mouth.
Isaiah 11:2-9 ESV
And the Spirit of the Lord shall rest upon him, the Spirit of wisdom and understanding, the Spirit of counsel and might, the Spirit of knowledge and the fear of the Lord. And his delight shall be in the fear of the Lord. He shall not judge by what his eyes see, or decide disputes by what his ears hear, but with righteousness he shall judge the poor, and decide with equity for the meek of the earth; and he shall strike the earth with the rod of his mouth, and with the breath of his lips he shall kill the wicked. Righteousness shall be the belt of his waist, and faithfulness the belt of his loins. The wolf shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the young goat, and the calf and the lion and the fattened calf together; and a little child shall lead them. ...
Isaiah 53:5 ESV
But he was wounded for our transgressions; he was crushed for our iniquities; upon him was the chastisement that brought us peace, and with his stripes we are healed.
Psalm 110:1 ESV
A Psalm of David. The Lord says to my Lord: “Sit at my right hand, until I make your enemies your footstool.”
Psalm 22:1 ESV
To the choirmaster: according to The Doe of the Dawn. A Psalm of David. My God, my God, why have you forsaken me? Why are you so far from saving me, from the words of my groaning?
Hosea 11:1 ESV
When Israel was a child, I loved him, and out of Egypt I called my son.
Isaiah 9:6-7 ESV
For to us a child is born, to us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder, and his name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. Of the increase of his government and of peace there will be no end, on the throne of David and over his kingdom, to establish it and to uphold it with justice and with righteousness from this time forth and forevermore. The zeal of the Lord of hosts will do this.
Psalm 22:16 ESV
For dogs encompass me; a company of evildoers encircles me; they have pierced my hands and feet—
Isaiah 50:6 ESV
I gave my back to those who strike, and my cheeks to those who pull out the beard; I hid not my face from disgrace and spitting.
Isaiah 61:1-2 ESV
The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me, because the Lord has anointed me to bring good news to the poor; he has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to those who are bound; to proclaim the year of the Lord's favor, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all who mourn;
Psalm 22:18 ESV
They divide my garments among them, and for my clothing they cast lots.
Psalm 16:10 ESV
For you will not abandon my soul to Sheol, or let your holy one see corruption.
Psalm 41:9 ESV
Even my close friend in whom I trusted, who ate my bread, has lifted his heel against me.
Psalm 68:18 ESV
You ascended on high, leading a host of captives in your train and receiving gifts among men, even among the rebellious, that the Lord God may dwell there.
Zechariah 11:12-13 ESV
Then I said to them, “If it seems good to you, give me my wages; but if not, keep them.” And they weighed out as my wages thirty pieces of silver. Then the Lord said to me, “Throw it to the potter”—the lordly price at which I was priced by them. So I took the thirty pieces of silver and threw them into the house of the Lord, to the potter.
Psalm 2:1-12 ESV
Why do the nations rage and the peoples plot in vain? The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the Lord and against his Anointed, saying, “Let us burst their bonds apart and cast away their cords from us.” He who sits in the heavens laughs; the Lord holds them in derision. Then he will speak to them in his wrath, and terrify them in his fury, saying, ...
Psalm 69:21 ESV
They gave me poison for food, and for my thirst they gave me sour wine to drink.
Psalm 22:7-8 ESV
All who see me mock me; they make mouths at me; they wag their heads; “He trusts in the Lord; let him deliver him; let him rescue him, for he delights in him!”
Jeremiah 23:5 ESV
“Behold, the days are coming, declares the Lord, when I will raise up for David a righteous Branch, and he shall reign as king and deal wisely, and shall execute justice and righteousness in the land.
Isaiah 53:4 ESV
Surely he has borne our griefs and carried our sorrows; yet we esteemed him stricken, smitten by God, and afflicted.
Daniel 9:24 ESV
“Seventy weeks are decreed about your people and your holy city, to finish the transgression, to put an end to sin, and to atone for iniquity, to bring in everlasting righteousness, to seal both vision and prophet, and to anoint a most holy place.
Isaiah 35:5-6 ESV
Then the eyes of the blind shall be opened, and the ears of the deaf unstopped; then shall the lame man leap like a deer, and the tongue of the mute sing for joy. For waters break forth in the wilderness, and streams in the desert;
Psalm 34:20 ESV
He keeps all his bones; not one of them is broken.
Psalm 22:1-31 ESV
To the choirmaster: according to The Doe of the Dawn. A Psalm of David. My God, my God, why have you forsaken me? Why are you so far from saving me, from the words of my groaning? O my God, I cry by day, but you do not answer, and by night, but I find no rest. Yet you are holy, enthroned on the praises of Israel. In you our fathers trusted; they trusted, and you delivered them. To you they cried and were rescued; in you they trusted and were not put to shame. ...
Psalm 2:7 ESV
I will tell of the decree: The Lord said to me, “You are my Son; today I have begotten you.
Malachi 4:5-6 ESV
“Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the great and awesome day of the Lord comes. And he will turn the hearts of fathers to their children and the hearts of children to their fathers, lest I come and strike the land with a decree of utter destruction.”
Genesis 22:18 ESV
And in your offspring shall all the nations of the earth be blessed, because you have obeyed my voice.”
Jeremiah 31:15 ESV
Thus says the Lord: “A voice is heard in Ramah, lamentation and bitter weeping. Rachel is weeping for her children; she refuses to be comforted for her children, because they are no more.”
Isaiah 49:6 ESV
He says: “It is too light a thing that you should be my servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob and to bring back the preserved of Israel; I will make you as a light for the nations, that my salvation may reach to the end of the earth.”
Isaiah 42:1-4 ESV
Behold my servant, whom I uphold, my chosen, in whom my soul delights; I have put my Spirit upon him; he will bring forth justice to the nations. He will not cry aloud or lift up his voice, or make it heard in the street; a bruised reed he will not break, and a faintly burning wick he will not quench; he will faithfully bring forth justice. He will not grow faint or be discouraged till he has established justice in the earth; and the coastlands wait for his law.
Daniel 9:26 ESV
And after the sixty-two weeks, an anointed one shall be cut off and shall have nothing. And the people of the prince who is to come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary. Its end shall come with a flood, and to the end there shall be war. Desolations are decreed.
Isaiah 61:1 ESV
The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me, because the Lord has anointed me to bring good news to the poor; he has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to those who are bound;
Isaiah 53:6 ESV
All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned—every one—to his own way; and the Lord has laid on him the iniquity of us all.
Isaiah 52:14 ESV
As many were astonished at you— his appearance was so marred, beyond human semblance, and his form beyond that of the children of mankind—
Isaiah 52:13-53:12 ESV
Behold, my servant shall act wisely; he shall be high and lifted up, and shall be exalted. As many were astonished at you— his appearance was so marred, beyond human semblance, and his form beyond that of the children of mankind— so shall he sprinkle many nations; kings shall shut their mouths because of him; for that which has not been told them they see, and that which they have not heard they understand. Who has believed what he has heard from us? And to whom has the arm of the Lord been revealed? For he grew up before him like a young plant, and like a root out of dry ground; he had no form or majesty that we should look at him, and no beauty that we should desire him. ...
Isaiah 49:7 ESV
Thus says the Lord, the Redeemer of Israel and his Holy One, to one deeply despised, abhorred by the nation, the servant of rulers: “Kings shall see and arise; princes, and they shall prostrate themselves; because of the Lord, who is faithful, the Holy One of Israel, who has chosen you.”
Isaiah 40:3 ESV
A voice cries: “In the wilderness prepare the way of the Lord; make straight in the desert a highway for our God.
Isaiah 9:7 ESV
Of the increase of his government and of peace there will be no end, on the throne of David and over his kingdom, to establish it and to uphold it with justice and with righteousness from this time forth and forevermore. The zeal of the Lord of hosts will do this.
Isaiah 11:2 ESV
And the Spirit of the Lord shall rest upon him, the Spirit of wisdom and understanding, the Spirit of counsel and might, the Spirit of knowledge and the fear of the Lord.
Psalm 35:11 ESV
Malicious witnesses rise up; they ask me of things that I do not know.
Isaiah 53:1 ESV
Who has believed what he has heard from us? And to whom has the arm of the Lord been revealed?
Isaiah 40:3-5 ESV
A voice cries: “In the wilderness prepare the way of the Lord; make straight in the desert a highway for our God. Every valley shall be lifted up, and every mountain and hill be made low; the uneven ground shall become level, and the rough places a plain. And the glory of the Lord shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together, for the mouth of the Lord has spoken.”
Isaiah 6:9-10 ESV
And he said, “Go, and say to this people: “‘Keep on hearing, but do not understand; keep on seeing, but do not perceive.’ Make the heart of this people dull, and their ears heavy, and blind their eyes; lest they see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their hearts, and turn and be healed.”
Numbers 24:17 ESV
I see him, but not now; I behold him, but not near: a star shall come out of Jacob, and a scepter shall rise out of Israel; it shall crush the forehead of Moab and break down all the sons of Sheth.
Psalm 110:4 ESV
The Lord has sworn and will not change his mind, “You are a priest forever after the order of Melchizedek.”
Psalm 69:4 ESV
More in number than the hairs of my head are those who hate me without cause; mighty are those who would destroy me, those who attack me with lies. What I did not steal must I now restore?
Psalm 69:8 ESV
I have become a stranger to my brothers, an alien to my mother's sons.
Psalm 8:2 ESV
Out of the mouth of babies and infants, you have established strength because of your foes, to still the enemy and the avenger.
Jeremiah 31:31 ESV
“Behold, the days are coming, declares the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and the house of Judah,

Last edited:
Your "knowledgeable" position isn't hard to understand.

Yet, you don't.

Are you that pompous?
Typical among the ignoramuses to call the knowledged snobby.

Christians, by and large, do not understand the New Testament.
Nor do they understand the old.

Real atheists are people who abandon their faith because they do understand the New Testament ....
No, atheists are lost souls who find no sense in established God-worshipping religions but feel that have to make a stance and choose to "believe" in something.

Christians are not Jews.
Christians are Jew-cultists who have no religions of their own.

Yet, you don't.

Are you that pompous?

Real atheists are people who abandon their faith because they do understand the New Testament ....
No, atheists are lost souls who find no sense in established God-worshipping religions but feel that have to make a stance and choose to "believe" in something.

Christians are not Jews.
You still don't understand, I see.

I find this piece interesting and tellworthy, because nowadays many denie the christian roots of Christmas they just equal it with ancient pagan roots, and consumerism. They want to erase the Christ out of Christmas. Many just say "But Christmas is pagan not Christian."

Read Catholic Roots of Christmas

Catholic Roots of Christmas
December 19, 2020
Christmas honors the pivotal day which altered all of history. Christians around the world celebrate Christmas as the birthday of Christ Jesus. On this day, God Incarnate departed the hidden tabernacle of Mary’s womb into the blissful embrace of His mother’s arms. And she, in turn, presented this unblemished child, this Divine Gift, to all the world that we might adore Him as “Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace” (Isaiah 9:6).

catholicrootsofchristmas.jpg

As with any child’s arrival, there are many preparations to be made before welcoming the new family member; an expecting family gathers bathing items, blankets, and a collection of cozy outfits. Faithful members of the Catholic Christian family prepare for Christ’s coming by observing the season of Advent.

Advent is a time of joyful anticipation in which the faithful prepare their hearts for the most special arrival of the Divine Infant. Formally introduced by the Council of Tours in 567 AD, the Advent season begins four Sundays prior to Christmas Day. This period provides a precursor to the special holy day when the Light of the World shines amidst the darkness, the Sign of Hope dispels all despair.

One Catholic tradition orienting believers toward Christ’s coming is the Nativity Scene. This practice harkens back to Medieval times when in 1223, St. Francis of Assisi directed a live nativity scene as a form of public remembrance honoring Christ’s birth. St. Francis wanted to bring the Gospels to life, assigning parts for Mary, Joseph, the shepherds, and others so that in witnessing this reenactment, all people would learn the extraordinary story of God’s love for mankind. Often the nativity creche remains empty until Christmas Eve as a reminder that the faithful eagerly await the Christ child. And when the Divine Infant arrives, how much greater is the joy during the Christmas vigil when Baby Jesus joins the Holy Family and all humanity!

When the faithful prepare their hearts properly, the blessings of Christmas may be appreciated in full. “We Christians are called to safeguard and spread the joy of waiting,” Pope Francis declared in a Vatican address. Additionally, much as the faithful await Christ’s birth in remembrance of the first Christmas, the Catholic liturgical readings point the faithful toward awaiting Christ’s ultimate return upon Judgement Day.

According to Catholic tradition, the rejoicing of Christ’s coming lasts considerably longer than one great day. Rather, it stretches from the Christmas vigil Mass until the Feast of the Epiphany, sometimes called Three Kings’ Day.

Why did the Church choose to celebrate Christ’s birth on December 25? The most direct answer is that according to the Roman calendar, this day marked the winter solstice. Saint Augustine explained the significance of this day in remembering Christ’s coming, writing, “on the day which is the shortest in our earthly reckoning and from which subsequent days begin to increase in length. He, therefore, who bent low and lifted us up chose the shortest day, yet the one whence light begins to increase.”

The most excellent Catholic tradition of celebrating Christmas as a family is attending Holy Mass together. Even young adults who may have strayed from observing other tenets of their Catholic faith will often return to Mass with their families in order to observe the sacred Feast of the Nativity.

Christmas is a rare time when the Mass readings differ according to the order in which the Mass is offered. There are four distinct Christmas Masses. The Vigil Mass is offered at the start of Christmas Eve. The Mass of the angels is a popular celebration, offered at midnight. The Dawn Mass is called the Mass of the Shepherds; it is offered early morning. Finally, on Christmas Day, the priest offers the Mass of the Divine Word.

The Christmas octave is punctuated with a feast that originally honored Christ’s circumcision. In present times, the Catholic Church commemorates the first day of the year as the Feast of Mary, Mother of God. This holy day respects Mary’s unique human privilege of forming Christ physically and spiritually before releasing Him into the world to fulfill His divine salvific work.

The end of the Christmas season points toward this extraordinary mission for which God entered the world. According to Catholic tradition, the Magi, called the Three Kings, spent 12 days following a star. The brilliant star led them to Bethlehem, where Jesus had just been born. The Wise Men—Melchior, Caspar, and Balthazar—presented three symbolic gifts to the Holy Family for their newborn son. The kings presented to the Divine Child gold to honor His kingship, frankincense to honor His priesthood, and myrrh to honor His humanity.

Many families around the world present gifts to one another either in celebration of Christmas Day or in commemoration of the Three Kings. The faithful fulfill the Christmas spirit when offering their own hearts to the Divine Messiah who humbled Himself to enter the world as a small child.

Article written by Myriah C. Boudreaux for Christian Catholic Media

Myriah C. Boudreaux graduated from Franciscan University of Steubenville with a BA in Psychology. Soon after, she left her native Southern California home to marry a FUS alumnus, start a family, settle in Bayou Country with her Cajun husband, and begin a career homeschooling their ever-growing family. With seven children ranging from ages 21 – 2, her practical understanding of Heavenly Father's patience, love, and mercy is continually expanding.
I think you are too biased. Whether or not Christmas is rooted in pagan beliefs is irrelevant. Christianity itself is rooted in Judaism so it is disloyal to the faith in one God as soon as Jesus was called "Messiah". The point is that Christianity is not a pure religion. Christianity is a concocted concept invented by irreverent Jews who lost their faith. So ..... its roots are not Christian anyway.

Meh; piffle. Two thousand years of blood, guts, saints and sinners.....sounds perfectly Catholic/Christian/Jewish/ whatever.

Greg

Uhhhhh, wait a minute. Judaism is older than that but that helps to make my point. To put it crudely but fairly, Christianity isn't a religion at all. It is a break-away cult that seeks increasingly more and more freedom (Catholicism > Protestantism, etc.) than the rules that govern "the chosen people".
Not a bad description

Yet, you don't.

Are you that pompous?

Christians are not Jews.
You don't see. That is your biggest fault and it is what is preventing you from finding "purpose".

Yet, you don't.

Are you that pompous?

Christians are not Jews.
You don't see. That is your biggest fault and it is what is preventing you from finding "purpose".
I explained to you why I say Christians are not Jews, and you just call me an ignoramus. Why so defensive?

I explained it to you very clearly, albeit briefly, and you don't see.

Forum List

Back