Is Comey guilty of misfeasance?

In my estimation you have gone the route of excess butthurt. Comey has done nothing wrong, if you believe so please present your case.

Comey has. If Holder or Lynch had done exactly what Comey has done he / she would be eviscerated by the right wing media and the neo fascists who support Trump!
You folks were not crying the first time around. The man is doing his job, plain and simple.

He better hope there is something there, because if there is not, his career is over. He will have no option but to turn in his resignation.

He better hope there is something there, because if there is not, his career is over. He will have no option but to turn in his resignation.

Since....by his own admission....he does not know that there's a there...there...He has already lost any credibility as is toast.....The problem is that he threw a hand grenade in the election cycle just before tendering his own resignation.

Since....by his own admission....he does not know that there's a there...there...He has already lost any credibility as is toast.....The problem is that he threw a hand grenade in the election cycle just before tendering his own resignation.
There is no ‘there, there’ because the issue doesn’t concern Clinton.

But Comey knew what Republicans would do with his reckless innuendo, and indeed that’s what Republicans did: they contrived a ridiculous lie that Clinton was again ‘under investigation,’ when in fact nothing could be further from the truth.

What if Comey had held the (whatever this is) until after the election?

He'd be accused of misfeasance then, as well.

Theoretically, there's time for her to get back on track if things move quickly.

Wrong. The fact of an election would not, nor should not rush an investigation. Pressure put upon an investigator to do so can become a criminal offense, and if it includes money or promises for the future it is a felony. Comey fucked up, if I were Lynch (and during some of my career I ran IA) I would open an internal investigation, putting him on the record. FYI any sworn officer who lies during an internal investigation is fired, on any level at every agency of which I am familiar.
That wasn't my point.

I said he'd be accused of misfeasance had he waited, and he would have been.

Do we really want a director of the FBI engaged in a partisan political matter? His initial comments went way beyond the scope of the investigation; after finding no crime had been done, he then engaged in character assassination of HRC. In fact, it is my opinion that Comey went far beyone misfeasance and is guilty of a crime, the abuse of power, i.e. malfeasance.
The first time he was grilled by congress, or when he sent a letter to congress the second time?

You really don't know what the hell you are talking about, do you?

FU. My comment was based on Comey's initial press conference. What he said to Congress or what was in a subsequent letter is not relevant to my post.
Well then, you live in an absolute bubble.

After his disgraceful testimony, and the disgraceful handling of the investigation, it is clear you haven't been paying attention.

Any imagined "character assassination" was more than warranted.

What other criminal gets an opportunity to destroy all the evidence of a crime before they are investigated?

And now you have the audacity to come on to this forum and whine to the membership how you think the head of the FBI might be bad mouthing your candidate a little bit, after he gives all her staff immunity from prosecution on the condition that they hand over everything they have that is pertinent to the case, (only after they have had a chance to delete any and all files that might show conduct unbecoming of a civil servant or future presidential candidate.)

Everyone knows what she did was wrong, it isn't a question of intent.

The fact that you are sitting here telling everyone that what she did was not wrong makes you look like an ignorant fool. Comey did not engage in character assassination, he was just telling it like it is. In fact, he made himself look complicit in the whole deal by agreeing to offer immunity to Clinton's staffers, allowing them time to destroy evidence, and then not charging her, and everyone under her with obstruction of justice makes the entire FBI look corrupt. The very fact that the Clinton staff destroyed evidence that was under subpoena PROVES criminal intent. He made himself look like a giant douche by claiming that there was no criminal intent.

Face it, YOUR THREAD HAS NO LEGS.

You have the intellectual heft of a Tasmanian gnat.

You can't come in here and tell us, "no, you can't consider anything else, just this one press conference." Go blow yourself. Who the hell do you think you are? If it went to an investigation or court, all evidence would be considered. We need to know how the investigation was conducted.

She is guilty. The FBI and DOJ covered for her. They used different rules for prosecuting the investigation, giving her time to cover up what she needed to cover up.

Now it comes out that her play-girl didn't cover up everything, and the FBI accidentally came across something that should have been covered up, and FBI agents that AREN'T friendly to Comey or Clinton found it.

And now you are all butt hurt.

Well, that just sucks, don't it? Get used to it, that's government corruption. I'm sure no matter who is elected, there is more of that where this came from.

PUT this up you ass MR Arrogance:

Comey sent Congress letter on Clinton emails despite DOJ warning it would breach policy

You and the other neo fascist hypocrites have every right to express your opinions, but not to redefine acts as honorable because they support your biases, prejudices and bigotry. Not all supporters of Trump are stupid, but many, like you, are deplorable, and many of the rest are simply biddable fools, i.e. sheep easily led by demagogues and charlatans.

When HRC has written an e-mail calling our neighbors to the south rapists and murderers, or castigates a billion or more people as unworthy of entry into our country simply because of their religion, then you and the rest of the sheep can attack her character as flawed.

The record shows that HRC and her running mate have spend their lives making the lives of others better, more healthful and in accord with Jefferson's famous words, " We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."

Next time MR. B. you will address me as Mr. Catcher, or Sir; got that beale, and be assured I will still have more respect for my dog who is more humane than a POS like you.

Theoretically, there's time for her to get back on track if things move quickly.

Wrong. The fact of an election would not, nor should not rush an investigation. Pressure put upon an investigator to do so can become a criminal offense, and if it includes money or promises for the future it is a felony. Comey fucked up, if I were Lynch (and during some of my career I ran IA) I would open an internal investigation, putting him on the record. FYI any sworn officer who lies during an internal investigation is fired, on any level at every agency of which I am familiar.
That wasn't my point.

Mea culpa, I screwed up. Of course the crazy right wing only supports those who validate their bigotry, and toss under the bus anyone who does not.

That wasn't my point.

Mea culpa, I screwed up. Of course the crazy right wing only supports those who validate their bigotry, and toss under the bus anyone who does not.

It is clear that Comey has committed and act of malfeasance: Malfeasance is the performance by a public official of an act that is legally unjustified, harmful, or contrary to law or policy, i.e., a violation of the public trust.

An honorable congress, with honorable leadership should investigate the matter immediately. But McConnell and Ryan have proved to be less than honorable and have disgraced republicanism and the Republican Party.

That wasn't my point.

Partisans on both sides will scream about something they themselves would do if the tables were turned.

One of the many examples of why partisans cannot be believed.

You don't get it.

Hil will win.

Then the investigations of the connections of the far and alt right to Assange and the Russians and Putin will entertain us for years.

Do we really want a director of the FBI engaged in a partisan political matter? His initial comments went way beyond the scope of the investigation; after finding no crime had been done, he then engaged in character assassination of HRC. In fact, it is my opinion that Comey went far beyone misfeasance and is guilty of a crime, the abuse of power, i.e. malfeasance.
The first time he was grilled by congress, or when he sent a letter to congress the second time?

FU. My comment was based on Comey's initial press conference. What he said to Congress or what was in a subsequent letter is not relevant to my post.

After his disgraceful testimony, and the disgraceful handling of the investigation, it is clear you haven't been paying attention.

What other criminal gets an opportunity to destroy all the evidence of a crime before they are investigated?

And now you have the audacity to come on to this forum and whine to the membership how you think the head of the FBI might be bad mouthing your candidate a little bit, after he gives all her staff immunity from prosecution on the condition that they hand over everything they have that is pertinent to the case, (only after they have had a chance to delete any and all files that might show conduct unbecoming of a civil servant or future presidential candidate.)

The fact that you are sitting here telling everyone that what she did was not wrong makes you look like an ignorant fool. Comey did not engage in character assassination, he was just telling it like it is. In fact, he made himself look complicit in the whole deal by agreeing to offer immunity to Clinton's staffers, allowing them time to destroy evidence, and then not charging her, and everyone under her with obstruction of justice makes the entire FBI look corrupt. The very fact that the Clinton staff destroyed evidence that was under subpoena PROVES criminal intent. He made himself look like a giant douche by claiming that there was no criminal intent.

You can't come in here and tell us, "no, you can't consider anything else, just this one press conference." Go blow yourself. Who the hell do you think you are? If it went to an investigation or court, all evidence would be considered. We need to know how the investigation was conducted.

She is guilty. The FBI and DOJ covered for her. They used different rules for prosecuting the investigation, giving her time to cover up what she needed to cover up.

Now it comes out that her play-girl didn't cover up everything, and the FBI accidentally came across something that should have been covered up, and FBI agents that AREN'T friendly to Comey or Clinton found it.

Well, that just sucks, don't it? Get used to it, that's government corruption. I'm sure no matter who is elected, there is more of that where this came from.

Comey sent Congress letter on Clinton emails despite DOJ warning it would breach policy

You and the other neo fascist hypocrites have every right to express your opinions, but not to redefine acts as honorable because they support your biases, prejudices and bigotry. Not all supporters of Trump are stupid, but many, like you, are deplorable, and many of the rest are simply biddable fools, i.e. sheep easily led by demagogues and charlatans.

When HRC has written an e-mail calling our neighbors to the south rapists and murderers, or castigates a billion or more people as unworthy of entry into our country simply because of their religion, then you and the rest of the sheep can attack her character as flawed.

The record shows that HRC and her running mate have spend their lives making the lives of others better, more healthful and in accord with Jefferson's famous words, " We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."

Next time MR. B. you will address me as Mr. Catcher, or Sir; got that beale, and be assured I will still have more respect for my dog who is more humane than a POS like you.

screaming_baby.jpg

IOW, you got nothing. I thought your Yahoo article would add something substantively new to the discussion. Everyone knows why Obama had to can Holder. It's because his tenure was proven to be an illegitimate flake. He was held in contempt of congress several times. Americans no longer took anything he did seriously, he was as corrupt a bureaucrat as they came.

As far as HRC holding up the values of the Constitution? Maybe she should worry about holding up those precious values for American citizens before trying to apply those self evident values to the rest of the world.

Like I said before, you have the intellectual acuity of a gnat. You are either a blind partisan or don't really understand what is going on.

Thank you! I totally agree! Even if Comey was duped by partisan underlings - he is still guilty of malfeasance!

Last edited:

screaming_baby.jpg

IOW, you got nothing. I thought your Yahoo article would add something substantively new to the discussion. Everyone knows why Obama had to can Holder. It's because his tenure was proven to be an illegitimate flake. He was held in contempt of congress several times. Americans no longer took anything he did seriously, he was as corrupt a bureaucrat as they came.

As far as HRC holding up the values of the Constitution? Maybe she should worry about holding up those precious values for American citizens before trying to apply those self evident values to the rest of the world.

Like I said before, you have the intellectual acuity of a gnat. You are either a blind partisan or don't really understand what is going on.

Your rebuttal seems to have been lost in translation. Each post is nothing more than a personal attack, yet lost in this childish retort is evidence that a crime was committed or a harm was done to our national security. You bums attack HRC when doing so ignores the hate and fear rhetoric of Trump, whose words are the words of a modern day fascist.

There is no ‘there, there’ because the issue doesn’t concern Clinton.

But Comey knew what Republicans would do with his reckless innuendo, and indeed that’s what Republicans did: they contrived a ridiculous lie that Clinton was again ‘under investigation,’ when in fact nothing could be further from the truth.
This bullshit again.

That was tried last time when the hacks demanded that the FBI was absolutely not investigating Hillary. It was a bullshit claim then and is a bullshit claim now.

That wasn't my point.

Spot on.

Hence the outrage from the right at the first announcement and the approval of the left but the outrage from the left from this last one with approval from the right.

Spot on.

Hence the outrage from the right at the first announcement and the approval of the left but the outrage from the left from this last one with approval from the right.

You're kind of forgetting the TIMING of this latest revelation....Yes, I wish that Comey had just handed over his initial investigation to the DOJ....it is this latter arm of government that makes the final determination and not the investigative arm (the FBI).....but, Comey wanted the spotlight...

However, now with just a few days before an election, his wish for redemption from the GOP proves Comey to be a meddler in a national election.....and he will pay even beyond just his resignation.

Spot on.

You're kind of forgetting the TIMING of this latest revelation....Yes, I wish that Comey had just handed over his initial investigation to the DOJ....it is this latter arm of government that makes the final determination and not the investigative arm (the FBI).....but, Comey wanted the spotlight...

However, now with just a few days before an election, his wish for redemption from the GOP proves Comey to be a meddler in a national election.....and he will pay even beyond just his resignation.

I hope so. He should be fired and his citizenship revoked.

That wasn't my point.

Spot on.

Yep, like clockwork.

Spot on.

Ah, I see you are coming around. Now you sound just like Trump...

Spot on.

Ah, I see you are coming around. Now you sound just like Trump...

Not at all, some people are not cut out for the job they have. My job for three years was to manage the recruitment and supervise complete background checks and then recommend to the hiring authority the hiring of LE personnel, and thenb to monitor their progress by interviewing and reading monthly evaluations by their immediate supervisor while on one years probation.

Even after a long process, and a conditional employment contract is offered, we sometimes made mistakes. Several times during this probation period I collected the badge and terminate the employee when s/he did not demonstrate the judgment need in our profession.

I did not judge the person's character by his or her color, faith, political leanings or national origin as does Trump. Words matter, and Comey put his foot in his own mouth and created a fire storm. If that alone puts Trump in the Oval Comey has done a disservice to the nation and the world.

Once again, Trump is psychologically unfit to serve as President of the United States.

Forum List

Back