Is Either Party Considering Nominating a Good Candidate?

It doesn't matter who is nominated, there is a industry set up to destroy them if they are good or bad...

This is where when you look past the media from both sides...

Trump was considered a silver spooned crook who stiffed contractors...

DeSantis in fairness was a moderate GOP, very sane ideas and no vilification... He has descend into bat shit crazy since, he is inventing boogymen to fight... Picking a fight with Micky Mouse was a particular low...

Biden was described guys in the GOP as one of the best men ‘God ever created’. You can disagree with him politically but person he is a fine man...

-----------

As for other candidates... It is hard because the various media bubble hone in on ratings... So showing the old head that grabs headlines over a younger unknown... e.g. Bill Clinton gets higher ratings than John F Kenndy III, Trump gets more airtime than Niki Haley

US needs to reinstate the fairness doctrine... US has two main media bubbles which are just cheerleaders for the their tribes, people need to be challenged and not fed stuff they want to agree too...

I doubt that you have any idea what the fairness doctrine was.

Why not vote for someone decent anyway? Hell write someone in if you have to. If you don't vote at all, you've not registered your opinion. As far as the world is concerned, you just forgot to vote.

So silly

1. Recovering from the Trump economic catastrophe.

2. Making America normal again by running a squeaky clean admin and strengthening democracy.

3. Getting America respected on the world stage again, and stopping the march of fascism.

(All 3 of those successes triggered the conservatives hard. They so badly want America to fail).

1. Recovering from the Trump economic catastrophe.

2. Making America normal again by running a squeaky clean admin and strengthening democracy.

3. Getting America respected on the world stage again, and stopping the march of fascism.

(All 3 of those successes triggered the conservatives hard. They so badly want America to fail).
1) You mean COVID .. where state governments decided to shutdown the economy
2) Strengthening democracy? Do you even know what democracy means? How can you strengthen democracy when you go against your platform of unifying the country -- which is the opposite of what Biden has introduced: a divisive nation?
3) lol ..

Yep. That is how that works. If a decent candidate is NOT available what should one do?

No -
It's not how it works.
No one forced you to not participate.
You freaks think that you have some type of absolution if you just take your ball and go home.

You don't win -
You aren't above the rest of us.

You're just another loser.

No -
It's not how it works.
No one forced you to not participate.
You freaks think that you have some type of absolution if you just take your ball and go home.

You don't win -
You aren't above the rest of us.

You're just another loser.
LOL

We should definitely participate. But voting for lesser-of-two-evils is sheer stupidity. I either find someone down ballot to vote for, or write someone in.

Biden is a good candidate.

The constant Republican BDS meltdowns demonstrate that. They wouldn't be crying so hard if Biden wasn't so effective.

So, is this just kind of a trolling thread, trying to gaslight people into thinking Biden isn't a good candidate?
Oh please. Even my left leaning wife doesn't believe that. She's not voting for Biden this time around.

Yet when we propose to change that, the partisans dig in. They seem to like "suck".
It seems to me that both ends are convinced that they are going to, one day, "win". That they will somehow vanquish the other, and everything going forward will be done their way. That seems spectacularly nonsensical to me, but maybe I'm wrong.

I guess it's easier to maintain that fantasy than it is to do the heavy lifting of submerging the ego, getting over themselves, and working together. The ego that it must take to think that "I" have all the answers and need no other input is mind-blowing.

Or is it paranoia, fearing that they'll be taken advantage of in a collaborative environment? I dunno.

Why do you say that??? Have you even looked at it? Do you know how it works? Why do you think it's partisan? Because that's what the partisans told you? It's the opposite of what you're assuming here.

Choice rank voting will permanently relegate any non-major party into being nothing more than a feeder into the two major parties. So when you vote for a Libertarian, you're not really voting for the Libertarian who has no chance of winning, you're voting for the person you put as number two. Choice rank voting will be the final nail in the coffin to solidify the permanent DEM/GOP strangle hold on the country.

It seems to me that both ends are convinced that they are going to, one day, "win". That they will somehow vanquish the other, and everything going forward will be done their way. That seems spectacularly nonsensical to me, but maybe I'm wrong.
I think that is how they see it.

Choice rank voting will permanently relegate any non-major party into being nothing more than a feeder into the two major parties. So when you vote for a Libertarian, you're not really voting for the Libertarian who has no chance of winning, you're voting for the person you put as number two. Choice rank voting will be the final nail in the coffin to solidify the permanent DEM/GOP strangle hold on the country.
Why do you think that way? Have you looked at how it works?

I encourage you to check out. It's not what you seem to think. It's one of the few reforms I've looked into that would actually mitigate divisive partisanship.

What would be a decent candidate in your opinion?
For my money, at this point, it's not even about ideology. We've gone "full retard" on the partisanship nonsense and it has to stop. I'm looking for a candidate with the ability to empathize with the other side - even while trying to persuade them. Someone who will, genuinely, represent the interests of the entire country, rather than just placating their supporters.

Last edited:
Why do you think that way? Have you looked at how it works?

I encourage you to check out. It's not what you seem to think. It's one of the few reforms I've looked into that would actually mitigate divisive partisanship.

Yes, I know how it works. What you're not realizing is that it's just something to be manipulated.

Yes, I know how it works. What you're not realizing is that it's just something to be manipulated.
More than the current system? How so?

Why do you think think it would create a permanent two-party stranglehold? Is there something about how it works that leads you to say this?

Forum List

Back