Is evading and cheating on your taxes patriotic?

Do you advocate evading and cheating on your taxes?

• Total voters
[QUOTE="Dwelling on things that are negative isn't conducive to a positive life.

I don't dwell on it, but we are having a discussion and the question was asked, therefore I am participating in the thread and giving my opinions on the subject matter. This is what we do here on political websites, we exchange ideas and opinions. Otherwise, they wouldn't exist at all. Lol.
I hear you. Just seems really tense between "sides" and usually it's a bunch of hub bub over nothing and I'm just really glad that saner minds are prevailing as they age.

Well, when I think about it, or hear something on the news or here or elsewhere online, it pisses me off, but I certainly don't "dwell" on it. I'm much too busy for that! I have a million OTHER things on my mind! Lol!

But yes, things are tense because people are pissed off.
But they're mainly pissed off for reasons they don't understand, haven't studied, or because they're listening to casts DESIGNED to make them pissed off.

For instance - - - - - -

Would you be able to complete this math equation, solving for each letter?:

2 + x = y

No. You wouldn't be able to. Bear with me.

The reason you cannot solve 2 + x = y is because you do not have all of the pertinent information to form the logical conclusion.

How does this relate?

Well, the Military, for instance.

There are levels of clearance, yes?

There is such thing as "classified," which is heavily used and where much of our intel is born.

Yes?

Ok.

So which part of the CLASSIFIED (read: unknown to you and I) debriefings that a President and his Commanders receive is the Country using exactly, to debate between each other whether or not our Foreign policy is sound?

They are solving for x and y illogically. Magically. Irrationally.

The same goes for the knee jerk reaction about certain taxes that appear to be waste at first, but after study actually SAVE money.

Not all fit into that category, but if you ARGUE against them without doing the due diligence, study, and algorithms, then you are irrationally solving for x and y without all of the necessary variables.

It's what the vast majority of political debate IS. It's why it's nonsense. People think they're so smart and brilliant with their opinions, but they're just another angry knee-jerk reacting person tending towards mean spiritedness, because of the shell game that is POLITICS. iT'S A DISGUSTING part of human nature.

This is nothing but you bloviating. The American taxpayer has PLENTY to complain about!!!

yea, have a nice day

Keeping what belongs to you is not "mooching," asshole.
What so the government should borrow money to pay for the military that protects you? Should they borrow the money to pay for your kid's education? They should borrow the money to maintain our nation's highways? Shouldn't you earn those services rather than have them just given to you?

Paying one's taxes is part of being an American citizen.

Once again, the brain dead left. When you have to defend government, you defend the tiniest parts of it that even a libertarian supports because you don't have the gonads to defend the massive plunder and redistribute part of it that comprises most of it and is what we object to.

The incredibly low bar you set for your empty pants is that if you can justify any government, that justifies all government. You want roads! You want the military! Well, then we can take your money for that, and we can take as much more of it we want and do anything we want with it!

A liberal defending things that libertarians support. Empty pants, that's all you have.
Lol you're so transparent. Feeble post. You have no argument because you know I am right. You are just too much of a pussy to admit it.

I said you are right I want roads, what exactly am I not willing to "admit?"

[QUOTE="Dwelling on things that are negative isn't conducive to a positive life.

I don't dwell on it, but we are having a discussion and the question was asked, therefore I am participating in the thread and giving my opinions on the subject matter. This is what we do here on political websites, we exchange ideas and opinions. Otherwise, they wouldn't exist at all. Lol.
I hear you. Just seems really tense between "sides" and usually it's a bunch of hub bub over nothing and I'm just really glad that saner minds are prevailing as they age.

Well, when I think about it, or hear something on the news or here or elsewhere online, it pisses me off, but I certainly don't "dwell" on it. I'm much too busy for that! I have a million OTHER things on my mind! Lol!

But they're mainly pissed off for reasons they don't understand, haven't studied, or because they're listening to casts DESIGNED to make them pissed off.

For instance - - - - - -

2 + x = y

The reason you cannot solve 2 + x = y is because you do not have all of the pertinent information to form the logical conclusion.

How does this relate?

There is such thing as "classified," which is heavily used and where much of our intel is born.

Yes?

Ok.

So which part of the CLASSIFIED (read: unknown to you and I) debriefings that a President and his Commanders receive is the Country using exactly, to debate between each other whether or not our Foreign policy is sound?

The same goes for the knee jerk reaction about certain taxes that appear to be waste at first, but after study actually SAVE money.

Not all fit into that category, but if you ARGUE against them without doing the due diligence, study, and algorithms, then you are irrationally solving for x and y without all of the necessary variables.

It's what the vast majority of political debate IS. It's why it's nonsense. People think they're so smart and brilliant with their opinions, but they're just another angry knee-jerk reacting person tending towards mean spiritedness, because of the shell game that is POLITICS. iT'S A DISGUSTING part of human nature.

This is nothing but you bloviating. The American taxpayer has PLENTY to complain about!!!

yea, have a nice day

Yes, because you know darn well that the things I posted in the earlier link do NOTHING to benefit the American economy. Lol. It is politicians who will do what it takes to keep their lobbyists happy. EVERYBODY knows this, but some choose to look the other way and not even make a PEEP.

What so the government should borrow money to pay for the military that protects you? Should they borrow the money to pay for your kid's education? They should borrow the money to maintain our nation's highways? Shouldn't you earn those services rather than have them just given to you?

Once again, the brain dead left. When you have to defend government, you defend the tiniest parts of it that even a libertarian supports because you don't have the gonads to defend the massive plunder and redistribute part of it that comprises most of it and is what we object to.

The incredibly low bar you set for your empty pants is that if you can justify any government, that justifies all government. You want roads! You want the military! Well, then we can take your money for that, and we can take as much more of it we want and do anything we want with it!

A liberal defending things that libertarians support. Empty pants, that's all you have.
Lol you're so transparent. Feeble post. You have no argument because you know I am right. You are just too much of a pussy to admit it.

How do you want roads paid for?

And, if by taxes, then at which point is a tax theft and at which is it not? At your opinion? Just asking.

Well if you support roads you should due your part in help paying for them. Don't be a mooch.

Did anyone answer the question or is everyone close to finishing slapping their dicks on the table?

For instance - - - - - -

2 + x = y

How does this relate?

Yes?

Ok.

yea, have a nice day

Yes, because you know darn well that the things I posted in the earlier link do NOTHING to benefit the American economy. Lol. It is politicians who will do what it takes to keep their lobbyists happy. EVERYBODY knows this, but some choose to look the other way and not even make a PEEP.
I addressed it and everything else in this thread in my summation which you dismissed and called bloviating.

That ends the conversation, I'm not here today to troll people or get trolled into meaningless back and forth blah blah

I see, so all we have to do to end mob rule is persuade the mob to stop voting to plunder us for their own benefit. Great argument. You know what's funny is how when liberals talk about how you respect people, you are civil libertarians, you aren't like Republicans.

Is there something closer to preserving liberty than the "mob rule" this country was set up as?

Edit: mob rule is in quotes because those are your words, not mine.

It's sad you don't understand your own government. Out government was set up to protect the rights of the individual, it was not set up as mob rule. That you would even say that is just pathetic.

I see, so all we have to do to end mob rule is persuade the mob to stop voting to plunder us for their own benefit. Great argument. You know what's funny is how when liberals talk about how you respect people, you are civil libertarians, you aren't like Republicans.

Is there something closer to preserving liberty than the "mob rule" this country was set up as?

It's sad you don't understand your own government. Out government was set up to protect the rights of the individual, it was not set up as mob rule. That you would even say that is just pathetic.

I said it because YOU said it.

We are not "mob rule," and here you were in the post I quoted saying we were.

And, if by taxes, then at which point is a tax theft and at which is it not? At your opinion? Just asking.

Ah, roads. That amazing and complex construction project that is so difficult, only the government can do it.

:lmao:

Roads could be provided by the private sector.

Ah, roads. That amazing and complex construction project that is so difficult, only the government can do it.

Yea, and everyone is magically going to pay for them voluntarily - especially all those mine mine mine guys like yourself. Makes sense.

Except when it doesn't.

You probably want to build your own nukes and get rid of our thieving military, too right? don't ya?

move.

If you check, you will notice I did not vote for cheating on taxes under any circumstance, I said it's because our crrent system is so unfair.

The dividing line is that taxes for the common good are generally fine. Common good means everyone benefits. Police, roads, military, courts, ...

When government confiscates money from one citizen and gives it to another, that is not the common good, that is the specific good, and that is not OK because the specific good for one is the specific bad for another. Our government is transferring massive amounts of wealth, it's corrupt and should be replaced. Not the Constitution, the people. And we should replace them with people who follow the Constitution. Which is based on protecting the individual from mob rule, not mob rule.

Oh really? So you would be content in letting these companies charge as much as they want for you to drive on it? It would be for profit afterall....

I said it because YOU said it.

We are not "mob rule," and here you were in the post I quoted saying we were.

Of course we are mob rule. I am not voting to be plundered, the mob is voting to plunder me.

If you check, you will notice I did not vote for cheating on taxes under any circumstance, I said it's because our crrent system is so unfair.

The dividing line is that taxes for the common good are generally fine. Common good means everyone benefits. Police, roads, military, courts, ...

When government confiscates money from one citizen and gives it to another, that is not the common good, that is the specific good, and that is not OK because the specific good for one is the specific bad for another. Our government is transferring massive amounts of wealth, it's corrupt and should be replaced. Not the Constitution, the people. And we should replace them with people who follow the Constitution. Which is based on protecting the individual from mob rule, not mob rule.

Kay so when a creature is preserved with Federal funds to preserve an ecosystem and that in turn keeps that local economy flourishing - - - -- which in turn keeps Federal Taxes coming out of said local economy and not leaving a void to fill by cutting from the rest of the Country..............

is that common good?

just yes or no

Well if you support roads you should due your part in help paying for them. Don't be a mooch.

Strawman, I have no problem paying for the roads. And if I am willing to pay for the roads, that does not mean I am willing to pay for your welfare checks. Don't be a mooch.

I want anyone who thinks ALL taxes are theft...................which to differentiate, is takeastepback, not kaz........

If they're so brilliant - - - - - take us through how that world view works: how does a country function, top to bottom.

Sack up and flesh it out, put it out there for scrutiny and stand behind it.

Or don't, and most likely for a reason. It's an absurd world view.

Kay so when a creature is preserved with Federal funds to preserve an ecosystem and that in turn keeps that local economy flourishing - - - -- which in turn keeps Federal Taxes coming out of said local economy and not leaving a void to fill by cutting from the rest of the Country..............

is that common good?

just yes or no

You have to be more specific, give me an example of a creature being preserved that keeps an economy flourishing. You have presented a very vague scenerio then want a black and white answer.

The best I can give you on it is I would not reject it out of hand. But i would need a lot more to support it than what you gave me.

Here's a question for you, so the only solution you can think of to your scenario is government?

For instance - - - - - -

2 + x = y

How does this relate?

Yes?

Ok.

yea, have a nice day

I addressed it and everything else in this thread in my summation which you dismissed and called bloviating.

That ends the conversation, I'm not here today to troll people or get trolled into meaningless back and forth blah blah

No, you did not. You are claiming that there is a method to the government's madness, and there is, but it's not what you claim it is. If you honestly think that today's politician is concerned with YOU or US, then you are seriously fooling yourself. They care about money, lobbyists, power, and their respective parties. That is all.

406.7 billion dollars in one month is not enough? What is that in a year. I don't even think I can count that high!!! Where IS it all going? You think we should give them more and more, on a progressive based tax system? While our wages remain stagnant because of our unfriendly and highly taxed environment towards business here in America?

Strawman, I have no problem paying for the roads. And if I am willing to pay for the roads, that does not mean I am willing to pay for your welfare checks. Don't be a mooch.
Okay good. Quit bitching about paying taxes then.

Forum List

Back