Is gay marriage the most important issue in the USA?

Redfish has made an admirable attempt to defend his position. Yes, five years will come, and those of us still alive can determine whether it is is good or not. I disagree with Redfish on his points, as any good Christian would.

Is the Pope a good Christian? He disagrees with you 100% How about MLK? was he a good Christian? He also disagreed with you. Bily Graham, good Christian?
Our supreme law of the land is more supreme than Religion; our Founding Fathers ordained an established it so, and spake it so, in Article the Sixth.

I was addressing jake, not you. he said that good Christians would approve of gay marriage, I gave him 3 good Christians who do not.

What do "christians" have to do with it? Would they rather people live "in sin"?

If they don't like same sex marriage, they probably shouldn't marry someone of the same sex. Other than, its none of their business.

Jake brought Christians into the discussion, not me. Ask him.

But lets see, using your logic, if I approve of murder and you don't, you should just be quiet about it and let me kill because I think its ok and its none of your business?

Redfish has made an admirable attempt to defend his position. Yes, five years will come, and those of us still alive can determine whether it is is good or not. I disagree with Redfish on his points, as any good Christian would.

Is the Pope a good Christian? He disagrees with you 100% How about MLK? was he a good Christian? He also disagreed with you. Bily Graham, good Christian?
Our supreme law of the land is more supreme than Religion; our Founding Fathers ordained an established it so, and spake it so, in Article the Sixth.

Yeah, and we have constitional amendments to clarify what they did not write clearly in the constitution.

If you want gay marriage federally sanctioned, then pass a constitutional amendment.

Are you aware of the job description of the SCOTUS?

Yep, and its not to MAKE law, that is the job of the legislative branch.

Marriage Equality will become the universal law of the Land and requires no Amendment.

Christians indeed are split on the issue.

Where R My Keys, who pretends to be an authority, is fun to read for his social con silliness.

Pop23, when not being deliberately obtuse because of irkiness, is arguing with some merit. Good on him

Redfish, thank you for this thread.

your arrogance is noted. your attempt at humor is also noted.

What this thread proves is that gay marriage is a very divisive issue in this country. It also proves that we spend way too much time on social issues and not nearly enough of fiscal issues.

I think is also demonstrates how the left hides the important issues under issues such as gay marriage and abortion. If they keep us focused on those minor things, then we ignore the real failures of liberalism that are damaging our nation and causing the mess that we saw in Ferguson and Baltimore.

isnt adorable how the opposition brays incessantly over "says you!" and "you're citing yourself as an authority", even as THEY SAY as they are implying themselves as an authority?

Pitiful...

The only civil rights being violated is those who believe in the Christ

By being protected against discrimination in Public Accommodation in all 50 states? How awful for you.
Fascism is horrible for all you idiot. Go praise your government gods and maybe they won't slaughter you in Thier utopia

A lot of words that said nothing. Are you calling your congresscritter to have them get rid of your FEDERAL protections?
Being a pervert isn't a constitutional protected right

Where does the Constitution say "... except gays ..."
To be gay is to be happy....You are not gay you are a homosexual which is a sexual perversion and NO perversions are protected under the constitution. You pathetic need to normalize your perversion has allowed fascism to spread. No one cares that you are sexually sick no one asked.

its really marriage equality.

Equality.

Marriage is the joining of One Man and One Woman.
I make a motion that marriage as the joining of One Man and One Woman be reserved to Religion and a Deaconate.

Based upon what? The likelihood that religious people respect the laws of nature?

Looks like we've got another SCIENCE DENIER, kids.

diversions for your allegedly "gospel Truth" Cause?

I make a motion that marriage as the joining of One Man and One Woman be reserved to Religion and a Deaconate.

the laws defining gay civil unions and man/woman marriage should be exactly the same, convey the same rights, and be recognized as equal in every way.

But thats not what you want is it?
Why two sets of laws one for civil unions and one for marriage that are the "same thing?" All this so you don't have to admit gays are "married?"

If a civil union gives you all of the rights, priviledges, and "cash and prizes" that married couples get, what is your objection?

I thought your crusade was for equal rights, but its not really is it? You want the govenment to mandate societal acceptance of your aberant lifestyle by calling your gay union a marriage.

This is not about rights with you fools, its all about the word. your hypocrisy is noted.
Why are you such an lying bitch?

Marriage is not about cash and prizes. A civil union is not a marriage. Why should government mandate that gay marriage is a civil union only?

If you want to change the thousands of laws in this country regarding marriage to state civil unions, by all means go ahead and do it. I'm not stopping you. That said, you can't deny gays the right to life, that would be against the constitution. Get over it.

cash and prizes is not my term-------it is one used by your comrades from the gay mafia every day. It is used as a justification for gay marriage.

Your words, not mine. But I am glad to see that you think it is bullshit.

LOL gay mafia- sort of like your comrades from the Christo-fascists.......

The justification for 'gay marriage' is simple- its just marriage- exactly as my wife and I are married- but between two people of the same gender.

The justification is that there is no reason to discriminate against a gay couple and deny them the exact same status as my wife and I enjoy.
This I find funny......Homosexuals are forcing their sexual choices on culture demanding that all recognize it as normal or face GOVERNMENTAL consequences. Christians are telling some homosexuals they will not be part of a ceremony they see as a sin. ...... Which one sounds more fascist? The people vote in many states to say marriage is between a man and a woman....Homosexuals demand the GOVERNMENT over turn a legal vote to again normalize their sexual choices instead of just sucking it it and trying to get it passed at a latter date.....Again which is fascist?

what constitutional rights are not given to gays? answer: none.

Exactly- homosexuals have the same right to marry one another as we all do- the difference is now they are getting their Constitutional protections.

There is no potential for a right to foment sexual deviance.

Your claim that sexual deviants have a right to marry because the sexually normal marry, is akin to claiming that the right to speak freely provides the right to use ones speech to mislead people.

Which ironically ... Is what you and your cult are doing.

Do you feel that you have a right to mislead people?

Is it your right to claim that sexual deviancy is sexual normality?

Is it my right to tell you who you can marry?

Marriage is the Joining of One Man and One Woman!

And in 37 states, the District of Columbia and many countries- the joining of one man and one man or the joining of one woman and one woman.
How many of those states were forced through judicial tyranny to except these laws?

Which USMB members are you accusing of pedophilia?

Amazing.

I say that Left-think is grounded in evil and PRESTO A Leftist shows up hoping to abuse the rules of the forum upon an innocent, to get rid of a proponent of natural law, so that those who reject natural law will appear more popular.

Much as the Leftist on the Federal Judiciary abused the rules of government, as a means to make it appear that approval for the normalization of sexual deviancy is more popular than it actually is.

Incredible how consistent evil is... Isn't it?

With that said, there is no distinction between the sexual deviancy of homosexuality and that of pedophilia, beyond opportunity and personal preference.

In reality, this in truth... Homosexuality is a result of sexual molestation of a child, which is perpetrated in a fun and enjoyable manner, which induces feelings of pleasure and acceptance.

This imprints the desire for please and acceptance from the same type of person that performed the molestation.

The individual who purpetrates the molestation is a sexual deviant without regard to whether or not they are a male molesting a male or a male molesting a female.
So let me be clear. You are accusing homosexuals (consenting adults) of sexual deviancy that is no different than raping little children. You are equating consensual sex between adults of the same sex with raping children. Do I have that right? If so I assume you want the punishment for being gay to be the death sentence or something similar to coincide with the violence of the rape of little children. Correct?

You are welcome to your doomed opinion.

I will instead argue for actual equality with my wife and I- rather than separate but equal.

why is it "separate" if the rights are equal. How does the word make it separate?

is a synagoge equal to a church or mosque? Just because they have different names does not make one better than the other.
You don't know why men are different than women?

duh, yeah. what does that have to do with this topic?
Sorry thought it was obvious. Here ya go:

male separate from female but with equal rights... separate but equal...

gay marriage separate from heterosexual marriage but with equal rights... separate but equal...

are you suggesting that men and women share public restrooms? Are you suggesting urinals for women in order to be equal? The more you post on this, the dumber you look.
This might be a rhetorical question but, are you mentally handicapped?

Please provide a link to the part in the Constitution where it covers regulation of urinals. While your at it please provide a link to where I said anything about urinals..

Yeah, and we have constitional amendments to clarify what they did not write clearly in the constitution.

If you want gay marriage federally sanctioned, then pass a constitutional amendment.
You are mistaken; there is nothing but Perfection in the instrument of our Republic. There is no ambiguity, but only reading comprehension issues on the part of the Posterity. Our supreme law of the land is more supreme than Religion; our Founding Fathers ordained an established it so, and spake it so, in Article the Sixth; on the Part of the Public Sector.
ROFLMNAO!

Now how precious is THAT? A Relativist harping that the Framers of the Consitution rejecting RELIGION despite The free exercise of Religion being the FIRST PRIORITY IN RIGHTS PROTECTED BY THE CONSTITUTION.

LOL!

where does the constitution use the words "gay marriage" ?

I notice you duck the question- where does the Constitution say 'except gays'?

What do you think this thread is about? Nothing? ROFL

you said 'constitutional rights'. marriage is not a constitutional right. If you think it is, quote the language from the constitution that uses the word 'marriage'
Incorrect. The SCOTUS has already ruled that life is a right guaranteed by the constitution and that marriage is a part of life.

Redfish is melting.

SCOTUS, as Redfish well knows, says marriage is a constitutional right. What Redfish believes is for Redfish only.

That is not what SCOTUS ruled. They may rule that was next month, and then you lefties can celebrate as the weddings of gays, siblings, parent/child, begin. same sex sibling marriage will happen once SSM becomes legal. It will be done for tax reasons, not sex, and there will be no way to prevent it.

SCOTUS previous rulings said that all american citizens have the rights under the 14th amendment to equal treatment, they did not mention gay marriage in that decision. Yes, it was implied but not specifically mentioned.

If you get the ruling you want in June will you STFU about this? I will accept that ruling even thought I think it will damage our society and that such issues should be decided by the people not judges.

The country is moving left socially, you may think that is good, I don't. Time will tell who is right.
So you are saying the way to stop incest is by restricting the rights of gays. ROFL

Marriage Equality will become the universal law of the Land and requires no Amendment.

Christians indeed are split on the issue.

Where R My Keys, who pretends to be an authority, is fun to read for his social con silliness.

Pop23, when not being deliberately obtuse because of irkiness, is arguing with some merit. Good on him

Redfish, thank you for this thread.

your arrogance is noted. your attempt at humor is also noted.

What this thread proves is that gay marriage is a very divisive issue in this country. It also proves that we spend way too much time on social issues and not nearly enough of fiscal issues.

I think is also demonstrates how the left hides the important issues under issues such as gay marriage and abortion. If they keep us focused on those minor things, then we ignore the real failures of liberalism that are damaging our nation and causing the mess that we saw in Ferguson and Baltimore.
No. What this thread proves is that you are a divisive bigoted jerk.

where does the constitution use the words "gay marriage" ?

I notice you duck the question- where does the Constitution say 'except gays'?

What do you think this thread is about? Nothing? ROFL

you said 'constitutional rights'. marriage is not a constitutional right. If you think it is, quote the language from the constitution that uses the word 'marriage'

The Supreme Court has repeatedly said that marriage is a right- a fundamental right and a Constitutional right.

That you chose to not believe the Supreme Court is just your own personal choice- but legally irrational- since you have prattled on about 'precedent' and the precedent has been established that marriage is a right.

The question before the Supreme Court is whether that right applies to same gender couples.

Loving v Virginia

"The freedom to marry has long been recognized as one of the vital personal rights essential to the orderly pursuit of happiness by free men."

"Marriage is one of the 'basic civil rights of man,' fundamental to our very existence and survival."

Zablocki v. Rehail

AlthoughLovingarose in the context of racial discrimination, prior and subsequent decisions of this Court confirm that the right to marry is of fundamental importance for all individuals.

Maynard v. Hill,125 U. S. 190(1888), the Court characterized marriage as "the most important relation in life,"id.at125 U. S. 205, and as "the foundation of the family and of society, without which there would be neither civilization nor progress,"

InMeyer v. Nebraska,262 U. S. 390(1923), the Court recognized that the right "to marry, establish a home and bring up children" is a central part of the liberty protected by the Due Process Clause,

InGriswold v. Connecticut,381 U. S. 479(1965), the Court observed:

"We deal with a right of privacy older than the Bill of Rights -- older than our political parties, older than our school system. Marriage is a coming together for better or for worse, hopefully enduring, and intimate to the degree of being sacred. It is an association that promotes a way of life, not causes; a harmony in living, not political faiths; a bilateral loyalty, not commercial or social projects. Yet it is an association for as noble a purpose as any involved in our prior decisions."

Carey v. Population Services International,431 U. S. 678(1977)

"While the outer limits of [the right of personal privacy] have not been marked by the Court, it is clear that among the decisions that an individual may make without unjustified government interference are personal decisions 'relating to marriage,

Cleveland Board of Education v. LaFleur

"This Court has long recognized that freedom of personal choice in matters of marriage and family life is one of the liberties protected by the Due Process Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment"

Come on people. We have some real problems in this country

18 trillion in debt
half the country on some form of govt handout
deficit spending every year
no confidence in congress or the president
the mid east burning
radical islam killing thousands because or religion
more americans in poverty than ever before
hundreds of trillions in unfunded liabilities
racial violence in our cities

and we spend hours arguing about gay marriage???? WTF is wrong with us? And yes, I am guilty of it too.

I have made my last post on a gay thread. I hope many of you will follow suit. Let the court do its job and live with the rulings

We have much more important issues to deal with than whether two gays or lesbians can call their union a marriage.

And here you are starting another thread about gay marriage. I'd be willing to bet $100 that this is not your last posting about gay marriage.

What I find very troublesome is the insistence from the left that a gay union be called a marriage. .

What I find very troublesome is your insistence that a marriage of a gay couple not be called a marriage.

And same sex marriage in society has occurred.

Is same-sex marriage anything new?

Is same-sex marriage anything new - CNN.com

canibalism is nothing new either, should that be sanctioned? After all, is it right to discriminate against those who like to eat human flesh?
Fallacy of false comparison, bub. SCOTUS has indeed ruled marriage a constitutional right; that you don't like it or deny it is meaningless.

Maybe, maybe not. But either way you and your sister can still marry to get the tax breaks.

If you think same sex sibling marriage will not happen to save taxes, you are dumber than I thought you were.

Regardless of how the court rules on same gender marriage, sibling marriage will still be illegal.

However, you have the legal right to go to court to make your case on why you believe you have the Constitutional right to marry your sibling.

It is as unrelated to 'gay marriage' as is 'mixed race marriage'.

ACLU does lots of cases that fail, and this one will also.

if gay marriage is sanctioned by the SC, what legal arguments can be brought to deny polygamous marriage?

Redfish asks:
if gay marriage is sanctioned by the SC, what legal arguments can be brought to deny polygamous marriage?

Since 'gay marriage' is as unrelated to polygamous marriage as 'mixed race marriage' is- either there is a legal argument existing now to deny polygamous marriage- or there isn't a legal argument now to deny polygamous marriage.

So Redfish- are you opposed to polygamous marriage- or not?

If you are opposed- what is your legal argument to oppose polygamous marriage right now?

Forum List

Back