Is gay marriage the most important issue in the USA?

Don't have cite common knowledge, Redfish. You far right social cons no longer have the votes. Tough, huh? Marriage Equality is more accurate.

Now Redfish is babbling about incestuous marriages.

Silly.

However, to avoid that, remember those Civil Unions you fuckwits fought so hard?

Get the legislature to change the law, and sisters could form a Civil Union for tax purposes.

Why do that, they can just get married. Unless there is a federal law that reads as follows: gay marriages may only involve two unrelated adults, there wil be marriages of siblings, parents/children, and multiple person marriages.

BTW, the ACLU is already preparing a polygamy marriage case to be brought to the SC.

Our society is going down the tubes and you fools are celebrating.
why do you care if you don't have to do it and you are not a baker?

because I care about the kind of society that we will leave to our children and grand children, because I care about what this country stands for. Because I beleive in God.
you don't seem to have any problem with the abomination of hypocrisy; and, if a god cannot trust you, why should the left?

ACLU does lots of cases that fail, and this one will also.

if gay marriage is sanctioned by the SC, what legal arguments can be brought to deny polygamous marriage?

what will you say: will you say its just not right? will you say its bad for society? what will your arguments be when the gay marriage precedent is sitting on the table?

The same could be said of straight marriage.

Even if that were true, what does it matter? If between consenting adults, its their business.

Link to the poly marriage ACLU is "preparing"?

Poor, poor Redfish. Your world is changing, for the better, and you are crying about it.

in many cases change is good. this change is not good. Thats my opinion based on many years of life, travel over most of the world, and interface with people of all faiths and cultures.

I am not going to change what I believe because some bozo tells me I have to. I don't give a shit what some beaurocrat deems politically correct.

A society with no morals or ethics is a society that will fail. We are following the pattern of other failed societies. We are not there yet, it can be turned around, but we are on the edge of the cliff.

and snake, I don't care if you agree or not, if you hurl insults at me, I don't care. I am right, you are wrong. The truth will prevail in the end.

Silly.

However, to avoid that, remember those Civil Unions you fuckwits fought so hard?

Get the legislature to change the law, and sisters could form a Civil Union for tax purposes.

Why do that, they can just get married. Unless there is a federal law that reads as follows: gay marriages may only involve two unrelated adults, there wil be marriages of siblings, parents/children, and multiple person marriages.

BTW, the ACLU is already preparing a polygamy marriage case to be brought to the SC.

because I care about the kind of society that we will leave to our children and grand children, because I care about what this country stands for. Because I beleive in God.
you don't seem to have any problem with the abomination of hypocrisy; and, if a god cannot trust you, why should the left?

what hypocrisy ? is it hypocrisy to say that one believes that gay marriage is wrong? is it hypocrisy to not be politically correct?

if gay marriage is sanctioned by the SC, what legal arguments can be brought to deny polygamous marriage?

what will you say: will you say its just not right? will you say its bad for society? what will your arguments be when the gay marriage precedent is sitting on the table?

Even if that were true, what does it matter? If between consenting adults, its their business.

wrong, straight marriage is one man and one woman. that sets the precedent for nothing else. whereas gay marriage of two people of the same sex sets a valid legal precedent for sibling marriage and multiple person marriage.

as to the ACLU, look it up, I am not your teacher.

Poor, poor Redfish. Your world is changing, for the better, and you are crying about it.

in many cases change is good. this change is not good. Thats my opinion based on many years of life, travel over most of the world, and interface with people of all faiths and cultures.

I am not going to change what I believe because some bozo tells me I have to. I don't give a shit what some beaurocrat deems politically correct.

I society with no morals or ethics is a society that will fail. We are following the pattern of other failed societies. We are not there yet, it can be turned around, but we are on the edge of the cliff.

and snake, I don't care if you agree or not, if you hurl insults at me, I don't care. I am right, you are wrong. The truth will prevail in the end.

Your opinion is not based on facts, information or anything else but blind ignorance.

BUT, that's not important. You don't have to agree and you don't have to like it. If you feel better calling it "gay marriage", fine but its really marriage equality.

Equality.

The most basic tenet of our society.

No, we're not on the edge of any cliff of destruction. That's just silly.

Come on people. We have some real problems in this country

18 trillion in debt
half the country on some form of govt handout
deficit spending every year
no confidence in congress or the president
the mid east burning
radical islam killing thousands because or religion
more americans in poverty than ever before
hundreds of trillions in unfunded liabilities
racial violence in our cities

and we spend hours arguing about gay marriage???? WTF is wrong with us? And yes, I am guilty of it too.

I have made my last post on a gay thread. I hope many of you will follow suit. Let the court do its job and live with the rulings

We have much more important issues to deal with than whether two gays or lesbians can call their union a marriage.
Nope......lack of funding......

Silly.

what hypocrisy ? is it hypocrisy to say that one believes that gay marriage is wrong? is it hypocrisy to not be politically correct?
It is hypocrisy to try to coerce anyone else to a religious point of view via the coercive use of force of the State.

I society with no morals or ethics is a society that will fail. We are following the pattern of other failed societies. We are not there yet, it can be turned around, but we are on the edge of the cliff.

Your opinion is not based on facts, information or anything else but blind ignorance.

BUT, that's not important. You don't have to agree and you don't have to like it. If you feel better calling it "gay marriage", fine but its really marriage equality.

Equality.

time will tell who is right about this. see me in 5 years and we will see who had it right.

with that, I declare this thread over, MODS please close it.

Unisex bathrooms are no big deal. Make sure they have locks.

Redfish is going to have to wrap his head around Marriage Equality, whether he wants to or not.
It's interesting (and history repeating itself) when Minnowfish envokes the "Potty Principle". We heard that as an excuse for keeping women off Navy ships. And I'm sure it was used against integration....and I KNOW it was used against the ERA.

wrong, straight marriage is one man and one woman. that sets the precedent for nothing else. whereas gay marriage of two people of the same sex sets a valid legal precedent for sibling marriage and multiple person marriage.

Of course straight marriage set a precedent but why hold gays to a higher standard than straights?

Your hysteria is unfounded but I ask again, what if related people want to marry? What if poly groups want to marry? So what?

Consenting adults = none of your business and has no impact on your life.

As for ACLU, why didn't you just say you don't know what you're talking about? If its true, you should be celebrating. Or are you one of those who has no idea why the ACLU exists?

Redfish has made an admirable attempt to defend his position. Yes, five years will come, and those of us still alive can determine whether it is is good or not. I disagree with Redfish on his points, as any good Christian would.

Equality.

time will tell who is right about this. see me in 5 years and we will see who had it right.

5 years? You don't have to wait 5 years. Just look around.

You do know, don't you that same-sex marriage was common until the 1300s? and is still practiced around the world? What has been the effect of that?

Whether about society or the board, what you "declare" means nothing at all. Get used to it.

Of course straight marriage set a precedent but why hold gays to a higher standard than straights?

Your hysteria is unfounded but I ask again, what if related people want to marry? What if poly groups want to marry? So what?

As for ACLU, why didn't you just say you don't know what you're talking about? If its true, you should be celebrating. Or are you one of those who has no idea why the ACLU exists?

ACLU of Utah to Join Polygamists in Bigamy Fight American Civil Liberties Union

so all forms of marriage are OK with you. Great, I hope you and your goat will be very happy together.
The citizens of each state shall be entitled to all privileges and immunities of citizens in the several states.--Only Infidels, protestants, and renegades have a problem with it.

Redfish has made an admirable attempt to defend his position. Yes, five years will come, and those of us still alive can determine whether it is is good or not. I disagree with Redfish on his points, as any good Christian would.

Is the Pope a good Christian? He disagrees with you 100% How about MLK? was he a good Christian? He also disagreed with you. Bily Graham, good Christian?

THank you.

And you lied when you said "all forms of marriage are okay with me".

I've been very clear. I've said it over and over.

CONSENTING ADULTS

Get it?

Did you notice the DATE of your big scary case that's you say is being prepared?

But, what do you object to?

Equality.

5 years? You don't have to wait 5 years. Just look around.

You do know, don't you that same-sex marriage was common until the 1300s? and is still practiced around the world? What has been the effect of that?

Whether about society or the board, what you "declare" means nothing at all. Get used to it.

Yes, there have been small enclaves where gay marriage was practiced in history, but it was never given wide acceptance and was always eventually banned.

If you think what is going on in our society is good, then you have a very strange view of good.

Forum List

Back