Is Home-Schooling a Fundamental Right?

Everyone needs to understand fractions.

Why, because everyone uses them.

1. "Barack Obama’s Department of Justice ...considers a German homeschooling family a threat to America’s future.AG Eric Holder’s DOJ is arguing against providing asylum for Uwe and Hannelore Romeike, German parents who fled from Germany after they were threatened with jail, fines and the forcible removal of their children from their home. What was their crime? They were homeschooling their children!

2. The Germany family was initially granted asylum, but then the Obama Administration appealed the case to the Board of Immigration Appeals.

3. This case will not only impact this German home schooling family, but ... the right of parents to bring up their children without government intrusion.

4. The Obama DOJ is arguing in this case that there is no fundamental Constitutional right to homeschool children anywhere – including the U.S. The DOJ is also claiming that there is no such thing as an “individual right” to religious liberty and conscience.

5. AG Eric Holder and his gang of thugs at the DOJ believe that there are only “group” rights. If you belong to a group, you’re protected; if you don’t, you can’t expect any legal protection.

6. “The United States Supreme Court has made it very clear in the past that religious freedom is an individual right. Yet our current government does not seem to understand this. They only think of us as members of groups and factions. It is an extreme form of identity politics that directly threatens any understanding of individual liberty.”

7. ...the Obama DOJ is rejecting the fundamental principles of our Constitution and the Bill of Rights, which clearly deal with individual rights of religious liberty and conscience.

8. This isn’t surprising, given the collectivist mentality of Obama and his minions running the White House and the U.S. Senate. They are totalitarians – and they will do whatever they can to undermine our fundamental individual rights."
Obama ?Justice? Department Seeks To Block Asylum For German Homeschooling Family

I feel certain that even our Liberal friends will see this attack on individual liberty is a line that no democracy should cross.

They just can't make hell hot enough for these people. :evil:

It is child abuse to tech children lies? Does that include the lie that there are only three tenses in English, because every school in America teaches that lie. What about the lie that fractions will help you in life?

Fractions helped me in life...still use them.

You are either a carpenter, stuck in a fantasy world where you plow with a horse, or lying.

Actually, I'm a tabletop gamer, do my own home repairs & wrenching, and drive a truck for a living.

I home school my child..the school system was hell for him..I sat in for a few days and no wonder nothing but wasted time mostly spent on how to follow orders and deal with other childrens emotional baggage and at the end of the day they had drawn a few pictures a completed two easy handouts ..they even thought he could not read or write because he did not do his work in class, this was grade one he has bee home schooled for a year and is about to complete his grade three program by the end of the month

Last edited:
QWB just did one of the all time thread derailments.

Give him credit.

Exactly why I would never go to the bill ring with him. Debating him is a mind fuck, and not because he is intelligent.

He is a concrete thinker is what it is. He cannot imagine beyond certain limits, and abstraction is very difficult for him. bigreb and Screaming Eagle have the same issue.

Last edited:
I home school my child..the school system was hell for him..I sat in for a few days and no wonder nothing but wasted time mostly spent on how to follow orders and deal with other childrens emotional baggage and at the end of the day they had drawn a few pictures a completed two easy handouts ..they even thought he could not read or write because he did not do his work in class, this was grade one he has bee home schooled for as year and is about to complete his grade three program by the end of the month

So you took your emotional baggage of having real difficult interacting with structure and design.

OK.

I home school my child..the school system was hell for him..I sat in for a few days and no wonder nothing but wasted time mostly spent on how to follow orders and deal with other childrens emotional baggage and at the end of the day they had drawn a few pictures a completed two easy handouts ..they even thought he could not read or write because he did not do his work in class, this was grade one he has bee home schooled for as year and is about to complete his grade three program by the end of the month

So you took your emotional baggage of having real difficult interacting with structure and design.

OK.

its not realistic...where in life is he going to work or socialize in a building with 500 other people daily unless he works in some giant corporate office ?..its a completely unnatural environment he can learn social skills in a much more natural way .he attendeds a class twice a week for 4hrs and a field trip once a week with other gifted children in class of 12 other homeschoolers just to give them that school experience as well but in a much more civilized manner

Last edited:

OK.

its not realistic...where in life is he going to work or socialize in a building with 500 other people daily unless he works in some giant corporate office ?..its a completely unnatural environment he can learn social skills in a much more natural way .he attendeds a class twice a week for 4hrs and a field trip once a week with other gifted children in class of 12 other homeschoolers just to give them that school experience as well but in a much more civilized manner

Run along, EOTS

OK.

Run along, EOTS

run along ? now why would I ..run along ..you fkn cretin ?

Run along, EOTS

run along ? now why would I ..run along ..you fkn cretin ?

Yup, you are a concrete learner. The word is "fucking".

Nonsense, only 9/10th of the people use them. :D

I am pretty sure that only 7/12ths of the people use them. The other 5/12th attended public schools that didn't bother teaching them. (Admitting I made up the fractions. But seriously, when you have Highschoolers and HS graduates who can't make change for a dollar, it's a pretty safe bet they can't do fractions either.)

I am pretty sure that only 7/12ths of the people use them. The other 5/12th attended public schools that didn't bother teaching them. (Admitting I made up the fractions. But seriously, when you have Highschoolers and HS graduates who can't make change for a dollar, it's a pretty safe bet they can't do fractions either.)

OK, that's funny.

It's okay, 78% of all statistics are made up. :D

Last edited:
I dare you to prove that teaching fractions in school helps kids when they grow up. Keep in mind that the most math 98% of people do is reading their credit card bill.

Tell that to the baker, the accountant, statisticians, construction, architects, carpet layers, granite table top installers.

Shut the fuck up.

Bakers, carpenters, and architects in Europe do not use fractions, they have a nice easy metric system that is so simple even you can use it. As for accountants and and statisticians, I have never met any that ever use fractions for anything.

You have never met statistician that uses fractions? Do you understand what fractions are?

This is too good.

I guess if you don't do anything other than post on message board all day, you probably don't use or add fractions.

While the rest of us in the real world do. Shit, I had to take a test on adding basic fractions to get my job. They also covered it when I trained to pass meds.... Because get this... The people who live in the real world use and add them every day.
I swear you surprise me every day.

Um.....adding fractions on the test, or in training doesn't make the practice any less useless; it only illustrates how completely archaic the test and the training is.

I had to take the test because we use them every day. That was the point.
Fuck, you and QW must live in box. Lol

Wow, you get paid to double cookie recipies or count 5 out of 12 people?
:eusa_hand:
Hey I suppose someone out there also uses a buggy whip, but sorry to break it to you sweetie; horse carts not the latest transportation.

It's okay, 78% of all statistics are made up. :D

Don't you mean 39/50 of all statistics? :)

Forum List

Back