Is Home-Schooling a Fundamental Right?

I think it is you that is stuck in some fantasy world.
I knew you were a moron, but not this much of a moron. Lol

I dare you to prove that teaching fractions in school helps kids when they grow up. Keep in mind that the most math 98% of people do is reading their credit card bill.

Tell that to the baker, the accountant, statisticians, construction, architects, carpet layers, granite table top installers.

Shut the fuck up.

Bakers, carpenters, and architects in Europe do not use fractions, they have a nice easy metric system that is so simple even you can use it. As for accountants and and statisticians, I have never met any that ever use fractions for anything.

You do know that, even if you use English measures, doubling your recipe does not require you to use fractions, don't you? All it takes is measuring out the ingredients twice.

You just 'used' fractions (yeah, yeah, I know you don't understand how...).

Why?

I completely agree: Fractions are almost entirely useless in a modern digital environment.

However, this is because of the WAY they are taught: Subtracting and adding fractions, for example (finding a common denominator, rationalizing the fractions, then adding numerators, then simplifying).

What a stupid waste of time.

Remember that the next time you make a cake or cookies and want to double your recipe. I will remember that when I am at work and have to use fractions.
We are in a digital age, but one should still know how to add fractions.
And you and QW are kind of stupid for thinking one shouldn't.

And what does this have to do with homeschooling? Lol

You do know that, even if you use English measures, doubling your recipe does not require you to use fractions, don't you? All it takes is measuring out the ingredients twice.
This is too good.

I guess if you don't do anything other than post on message board all day, you probably don't use or add fractions.

While the rest of us in the real world do. Shit, I had to take a test on adding basic fractions to get my job. They also covered it when I trained to pass meds.... Because get this... The people who live in the real world use and add them every day.
I swear you surprise me every day.

Why?

I completely agree: Fractions are almost entirely useless in a modern digital environment.

However, this is because of the WAY they are taught: Subtracting and adding fractions, for example (finding a common denominator, rationalizing the fractions, then adding numerators, then simplifying).

What a stupid waste of time.

Remember that the next time you make a cake or cookies and want to double your recipe. I will remember that when I am at work and have to use fractions.

:eek:

I'm pretty certain you just caused several USMB members to have a anyourism.

The upper limit of many people's mathematical abilities may be adding and subtracting fractions, and this is the root cause of their passionate defense of the practice.

Fractions helped me in life...still use them.

You are either a carpenter, stuck in a fantasy world where you plow with a horse, or lying.

You need fractions to follow a recipe. I realize that there are a lot of people today who live off of fast food, but should they ever want to cook something healthy, they are gonna have to learn fractions.

Algebra, now that's something you can live without.

Passing tests is not critically thinking, SE.

Ask college teachers, particularly CC teachers, how well home school critically think.

then prove to me that those kids in the 50% percentile are better 'critical thinkers'.........:cuckoo:

Don't have to. The point is that HS can't critically think because of the parochial nature of religious world view instruction. The kids have trouble when they encounter a pluralistic classroom that requires critical thinking.

Not all parents that homeschool are religious....so would the non-religious ones be ok with you?

I never said I don't understand them, I said they are useless and archaic.

They are useless?
Oh! This keeps getting better and better.
I have to go. I can't handle this much stupidity right now. Lol

Useless.

I can guarantee that anything you think you need fractions for can be done without them.

Want to take it to the bullpen and see if you can prove me wrong?

No, because I have to go shopping. Plus it isn't worth it. I unlike morons like you know we use fractions. If you want to think otherwise I don't care. Plus you are the worst person to debate with. Once I prove you wrong about fractions, you will divert the debate to some other issue like abortion. Long story short, I don't care if you are stupid enough to think students shouldn't be taught fractions.

I never said I don't understand them, I said they are useless and archaic.

They are useless?
Oh! This keeps getting better and better.
I have to go. I can't handle this much stupidity right now. Lol

Useless.

I can guarantee that anything you think you need fractions for can be done without them.

Want to take it to the bullpen and see if you can prove me wrong?
No wonder the US ranks so low in math.

This is too good.

I guess if you don't do anything other than post on message board all day, you probably don't use or add fractions.

While the rest of us in the real world do. Shit, I had to take a test on adding basic fractions to get my job. They also covered it when I trained to pass meds.... Because get this... The people who live in the real world use and add them every day.

Um.....adding fractions on the test, or in training doesn't make the practice any less useless; it only illustrates how completely archaic the test and the training is.

:eek:

I'm pretty certain you just caused several USMB members to have a anyourism.

The upper limit of many people's mathematical abilities may be adding and subtracting fractions, and this is the root cause of their passionate defense of the practice.

More like caused them to pee their pants from laughter.

This is too good.

Um.....adding fractions on the test, or in training doesn't make the practice any less useless; it only illustrates how completely archaic the test and the training is.

I had to take the test because we use them every day. That was the point.
Fuck, you and QW must live in box. Lol

You are either a carpenter, stuck in a fantasy world where you plow with a horse, or lying.

You need fractions to follow a recipe. I realize that there are a lot of people today who live off of fast food, but should they ever want to cook something healthy, they are gonna have to learn fractions.

Actually, it is pretty easy to follow a recipe without touching a fraction.

Ingredients

Welsh cakes : BBC - Food - Recipes

Ingredients

It's like you just can't accept you made a stupid statement.
You can prove you don't always need to use fractions, it doesn't mean cooks don't use them and add them all the time.
Proving you don't have to doesn't negate the fact people use and add fractions every day.
Just admit you made a stupid statement and move on.

1. "Barack Obama’s Department of Justice ...considers a German homeschooling family a threat to America’s future.AG Eric Holder’s DOJ is arguing against providing asylum for Uwe and Hannelore Romeike, German parents who fled from Germany after they were threatened with jail, fines and the forcible removal of their children from their home. What was their crime? They were homeschooling their children!

2. The Germany family was initially granted asylum, but then the Obama Administration appealed the case to the Board of Immigration Appeals.

3. This case will not only impact this German home schooling family, but ... the right of parents to bring up their children without government intrusion.

4. The Obama DOJ is arguing in this case that there is no fundamental Constitutional right to homeschool children anywhere – including the U.S. The DOJ is also claiming that there is no such thing as an “individual right” to religious liberty and conscience.

5. AG Eric Holder and his gang of thugs at the DOJ believe that there are only “group” rights. If you belong to a group, you’re protected; if you don’t, you can’t expect any legal protection.

6. “The United States Supreme Court has made it very clear in the past that religious freedom is an individual right. Yet our current government does not seem to understand this. They only think of us as members of groups and factions. It is an extreme form of identity politics that directly threatens any understanding of individual liberty.”

7. ...the Obama DOJ is rejecting the fundamental principles of our Constitution and the Bill of Rights, which clearly deal with individual rights of religious liberty and conscience.

8. This isn’t surprising, given the collectivist mentality of Obama and his minions running the White House and the U.S. Senate. They are totalitarians – and they will do whatever they can to undermine our fundamental individual rights."
Obama ?Justice? Department Seeks To Block Asylum For German Homeschooling Family

I feel certain that even our Liberal friends will see this attack on individual liberty is a line that no democracy should cross.

The proper question is if the government has the right to force people to send thier children to government schools.

Sure. Just have judge Roberts declare it a tax.

Ingredients

It's like you just can't accept you made a stupid statement.
You can prove you don't always need to use fractions, it doesn't mean cooks don't use them and add them all the time.
Proving you don't have to doesn't negate the fact people use and add fractions every day.
Just admit you made a stupid statement and move on.

According to the pastry chef it is better to weight your ingredients than measure them.

Just saying.

Forum List

Back