Is Home-Schooling a Fundamental Right?

Why do you deny the studies on class size?

When I was in highschool, I tutored in Mrs Glessnor's 4th grade class (one hour a day). She had 36 kids. 2 of them boys that I now believe had ADHD. 1 student on a 3rd grade level, 1 on a 2nd grade level and 1 on a 5th grade level. She managed to teach all those kids, provide personal attention to the ones that needed it and write a note home to the parents of those two boys every day and personally stick it in their pockets (they didn't use backpacks back then).

When my son was in first grade and diagnosed with ADHD I asked the teacher to send home a note every day and her response was "I have 22 other students, I don't have time to do that." All I could think about was Mrs Glessnor. They just don't make them like they used to.

every child has a right to learn about the world.

Its child abuse to teach them lies

It is child abuse to tech children lies? Does that include the lie that there are only three tenses in English, because every school in America teaches that lie. What about the lie that fractions will help you in life?

when a parent home schools a child to a pack of lies instead of reality that is child abuse.

some parents care MORE about their own ideas than teaching their child how to think for themselves

Home schooled children do better, on average, than children in their age group who go to public schools. The reason for that should be obvious, even to you.

Contumacious makes good sense here.

Nonetheless, if the lady got pepper sprayed, she was creating a public disturbance. Just because one disagrees with how the police are performing their duties does not give said individual the right to cause a public disturbance.

More likely, she objected to having her children kidnapped, and/or was found in contempt of cop.

It is child abuse to tech children lies? Does that include the lie that there are only three tenses in English, because every school in America teaches that lie.

That statement obviously has nothing to do with any "lie" and everything to do with you trying to be pendantic. Depending upon how you look at it, there are as few as two or as many as thrity tenses in English.

The USA already outspends every other country per student except for Switzerland which is comparable to us. Finland spends about a third as much per student as we do but ranks near the top in their kids achieving math and science proficiency while the USA ranks way down there.

It would appear that money is not the problem. Money propping up failure only encourages more failure.

that is because the money for new teachers is being funneled into other areas by people who dont care about our kids.

How many of hose people are republicans?

You know TM, I have now and then tried to give you the benefit of the doubt when others said you were incapable of serious debate.

But when you continue to post things like this, I'm about to have to admit defeat on that one and agree that they were right.

Not sure TM is incapable...merely UNINTERESTED in debate.

It is child abuse to tech children lies? Does that include the lie that there are only three tenses in English, because every school in America teaches that lie. What about the lie that fractions will help you in life?

Fractions helped me in life...still use them.

Contumacious makes good sense here.

Nonetheless, if the lady got pepper sprayed, she was creating a public disturbance. Just because one disagrees with how the police are performing their duties does not give said individual the right to cause a public disturbance.

Excuse me? How the fuck do people not have the right to create a public disturbance? Have you ever heard of the 1st Amendment?

How is that a lie?

The only people on the entire fracking planet that use fractions for anything are carpenters that don't use the metric system.

Your inability to understand how mathematical concepts are involved in many aspects of our perception of the world we live in does not mean that anyone else is 'lying.'

Why don't you explain how fractions help you perceive the world. Me, I will continue to point out that teaching fractions is archaic and doesn't help students in the modern world. You might as well insist they learn how use a spear to hunt meat.

Fractions helped me in life...still use them.

You are either a carpenter, stuck in a fantasy world where you plow with a horse, or lying.

The only people on the entire fracking planet that use fractions for anything are carpenters that don't use the metric system.

Your inability to understand how mathematical concepts are involved in many aspects of our perception of the world we live in does not mean that anyone else is 'lying.'

Why don't you explain how fractions help you perceive the world. Me, I will continue to point out that teaching fractions is archaic and doesn't help students in the modern world. You might as well insist they learn how use a spear to hunt meat.

It's not my job to help you understand a basic concept that any reasonably intelligent child could grasp.

Are you serious? I hope you are joking, so I will just assume you are.

Forum List

Back