Is Home-Schooling a Fundamental Right?

The USA already outspends every other country per student except for Switzerland which is comparable to us. Finland spends about a third as much per student as we do but ranks near the top in their kids achieving math and science proficiency while the USA ranks way down there.

It would appear that money is not the problem. Money propping up failure only encourages more failure.

that is because the money for new teachers is being funneled into other areas by people who dont care about our kids.

How many of hose people are republicans?

every child has a right to learn about the world.

Its child abuse to teach them lies

Then perhaps some of the teachers my daughter had, in public school, should be fired and charged with child abuse. It was a good thing I pulled her out and sent her to a private school.

you get what your willing to pay for.

stop cutting school funding at every turn

here's some facts.....more money didn't work in Chicago....

Chicago Public Schools (CTU teachers represent faculty here)

■District Enrollment: 403,770
■44% Hispanic, 43% Black, 9% White, 3% Asian
■Number of Schools in District: 617
■All Subjects Meets and Exceeds: 66.30%
■Avg. Teacher Salary: $71,236
■Avg. Teacher Experience: 13.7 Years
■Instructional Expenditure Per Pupil: $7,946
■Operational Expenditure Per Pupil: $13,078
■Low Income: 86%
■Average classroom size: 26.5 for 8th grade; 20 for high school
■11th Graders Meeting College Readiness Benchmarks: 21% in Reading, 19% in Math, 11% in Science, 38% in English

Chicago Public Schools By The Numbers | The Windy City YR

no one is calling for an end to home schooling you fool.

Why do you have to lie all the time?

Will California Outlaw Homeschooling?

In San Leandro, also in the same county, one family who removed their child from public school was threatened with a truancy investigation unless they enroll in the public school ISP. The school district office, using taxpayer money to pursue law-abiding families, has retained a law firm to back up their claim that homeschoolers establishing home based private schools are truant. Earlier this year, San Leandro’s harassment of another homeschooling family resulted in the mother being pepper sprayed in front of her 10 year old son during her arrest. Also in Berkeley, Child Protective Services took custody of twin boys from a single mother for the offense of "isolation due to homeschooling." In Los Osos, in San Luis Obispo County, a single mother on welfare has had her right to homeschool threatened despite the child’s attendance and successful record at the local community college.

Clearly, school district bureaucrats are increasing the pressure on homeschoolers in an attempt to restrict independent homeschooling.

right wing crazy sites and ranting are not facts

OK produce evidence contradicting those allegations.

this country used to have great school systems

Republican tax cuts changed that

Will California Outlaw Homeschooling?

In San Leandro, also in the same county, one family who removed their child from public school was threatened with a truancy investigation unless they enroll in the public school ISP. The school district office, using taxpayer money to pursue law-abiding families, has retained a law firm to back up their claim that homeschoolers establishing home based private schools are truant. Earlier this year, San Leandro’s harassment of another homeschooling family resulted in the mother being pepper sprayed in front of her 10 year old son during her arrest. Also in Berkeley, Child Protective Services took custody of twin boys from a single mother for the offense of "isolation due to homeschooling." In Los Osos, in San Luis Obispo County, a single mother on welfare has had her right to homeschool threatened despite the child’s attendance and successful record at the local community college.

Clearly, school district bureaucrats are increasing the pressure on homeschoolers in an attempt to restrict independent homeschooling.

right wing crazy sites and ranting are not facts

OK produce evidence contradicting those allegations.

Prove they have any validity

Then perhaps some of the teachers my daughter had, in public school, should be fired and charged with child abuse. It was a good thing I pulled her out and sent her to a private school.

you get what your willing to pay for.

stop cutting school funding at every turn

To quote Foxfyre:
These kids are smart, talented, and because their schooling is so efficient and effective, they have extra time left over to engage in the arts, music, science fairs, theater, and other creative pursuits. My homeschooled nephew and many of his friends are avid rodeo people. They are far less likely to become pregnant before marriage, far less likely to experiment with illegal substances, far less likely to get in trouble with the law. We have already posted evidence that they graduate HS at a higher rate, go to college at a higher rate, and generally score higher on proficiency exams than their counterparts from the public school system.

My daughter never experimented in drugs, never engaged in sex, maintained a 4.0 GPA And now goes to college on a full academic scholarship. Pulling her out of public school and sending her to a private school was the best thing that has happened to her. And if that's child abuse, then by golly I am guilty. I'm still waiting for the government to strip my of my parental rights..<<insert sarcasm>> :cuckoo:

The USA already outspends every other country per student except for Switzerland which is comparable to us. Finland spends about a third as much per student as we do but ranks near the top in their kids achieving math and science proficiency while the USA ranks way down there.

It would appear that money is not the problem. Money propping up failure only encourages more failure.

that is because the money for new teachers is being funneled into other areas by people who dont care about our kids.

How many of hose people are republicans?

You know TM, I have now and then tried to give you the benefit of the doubt when others said you were incapable of serious debate.

But when you continue to post things like this, I'm about to have to admit defeat on that one and agree that they were right.

do you have brain damage....?

i just showed you FACTS about a super liberal city that has spent TONS of money on their schools but they still have miserable results....

that had nothing to do with Republicans or 'Republican tax cuts'......

i just showed you FACTS about a super liberal city that has spent TONS of money on their schools but they still have miserable results....

and i gave you study after study about the effects of class size.

You ignored that far more telling information

If SuMar and PC and others who are actually debating the topic and providing excellent support for their observations and opinions are 'immaterial', I am now wondering if TM and Jake are each other's socks? Or maybe a matching pair? Sometimes you just shake your head, mutter, and walk away.

Last edited:

and i gave you study after study about the effects of class size.

You ignored that far more telling information

i didn't ignore that....look at the high school ratio......it's only 20 kids per class.....! and 26 kids per class is pretty reasonable too...

if you think that is still too big you need to support homeschooling....or at least vouchers...

Chicago Public Schools (CTU teachers represent faculty here)

&#9632;District Enrollment: 403,770
&#9632;44% Hispanic, 43% Black, 9% White, 3% Asian
&#9632;Number of Schools in District: 617
&#9632;All Subjects Meets and Exceeds: 66.30%
&#9632;Avg. Teacher Salary: $71,236
&#9632;Avg. Teacher Experience: 13.7 Years
&#9632;Instructional Expenditure Per Pupil: $7,946
&#9632;Operational Expenditure Per Pupil: $13,078
&#9632;Low Income: 86%
&#9632;Average classroom size: 26.5 for 8th grade; 20 for high school
&#9632;11th Graders Meeting College Readiness Benchmarks: 21% in Reading, 19% in Math, 11% in Science, 38% in English

If SuMar and PC and others who are actually debating the topic and providing excellent support for their observations and opinions are 'immaterial', I am not wondering if TM and Jake are each other's socks? Or maybe a matching pair? Sometimes you just shake your head, mutter, and walk away.

Also, ScreamingEagle, has provided a good rebuttal on TM's posts. :clap2:

You mean lies like "Christopher Columbus discovered America?" He never stepped foot on the North American continent. In all those voyages, he ONCE stepped foot on the south American continent and by then other Europeans had done the same.

Lies like "Paul Revere and the midnight ride?" Paul Revere spent that night in jail.

Lies like "The Boston Tea Party was because taxes were too high?" It was actually because taxes were too low on the tea from England, making it difficult for the smugglers (our forefathers) to make a profit. So they created an uprising to destroy the English tea.

Lies like "The Emancipation Proclamation freed the slaves?" In fact it exempted all slaves in northern territory (there were 4 slave holding states that remained with the north) and all slaves in southern territory already under northern control. The so called Emancipation Proclamation freed nobody Lincoln had any control over at all. The slaves weren't really freed until well after the Civil War was over.

Lies like "Magellen was the first person to sail around the world?" He died in the Philippines. He never did make it back, one of his ships did but he didn't. The name should have gone to whomever piloted the surviving ship. That person actually did sail around the world.

And then, although it may have been changed since I was in school, there is the complete absence of teaching about black explorers. When I was in Mexico at the Archeological Museum in Mexico City I realized that black explorers most likely discovered South America long before the whites did. There are several big round rocks with faces carved on them with negroid features that date before the time of Christ which is centuries before the white man got there.

Each of the above lies is still taught in our public schools. If you want your children taught the truth, you need to home-school them.

You mean lies like "Christopher Columbus discovered America?" He never stepped foot on the North American continent. In all those voyages, he ONCE stepped foot on the south American continent and by then other Europeans had done the same.

Lies like "Paul Revere and the midnight ride?" Paul Revere spent that night in jail.

Lies like "The Boston Tea Party was because taxes were too high?" It was actually because taxes were too low on the tea from England, making it difficult for the smugglers (our forefathers) to make a profit. So they created an uprising to destroy the English tea.

Lies like "The Emancipation Proclamation freed the slaves?" In fact it exempted all slaves in northern territory (there were 4 slave holding states that remained with the north) and all slaves in southern territory already under northern control. The so called Emancipation Proclamation freed nobody Lincoln had any control over at all. The slaves weren't really freed until well after the Civil War was over.

Lies like "Magellen was the first person to sail around the world?" He died in the Philippines. He never did make it back, one of his ships did but he didn't. The name should have gone to whomever piloted the surviving ship. That person actually did sail around the world.

And then, although it may have been changed since I was in school, there is the complete absence of teaching about black explorers. When I was in Mexico at the Archeological Museum in Mexico City I realized that black explorers most likely discovered South America long before the whites did. There are several big round rocks with faces carved on them with negroid features that date before the time of Christ which is centuries before the white man got there.

Each of the above lies is still taught in our public schools. If you want your children taught the truth, you need to home-school them.

Hmmm...so tell us, what continent does Hispaniola belong to?

Forum List

Back