Is Home-Schooling a Fundamental Right?

It is child abuse to tech children lies? Does that include the lie that there are only three tenses in English, because every school in America teaches that lie. What about the lie that fractions will help you in life?

Fractions helped me in life...still use them.

You are either a carpenter, stuck in a fantasy world where you plow with a horse, or lying.

I think it is you that is stuck in some fantasy world.
I knew you were a moron, but not this much of a moron. Lol

Your inability to understand how mathematical concepts are involved in many aspects of our perception of the world we live in does not mean that anyone else is 'lying.'

Why don't you explain how fractions help you perceive the world. Me, I will continue to point out that teaching fractions is archaic and doesn't help students in the modern world. You might as well insist they learn how use a spear to hunt meat.

Are you serious? I hope you are joking, so I will just assume you are.

Why?

I completely agree: Fractions are almost entirely useless in a modern digital environment.

However, this is because of the WAY they are taught: Subtracting and adding fractions, for example (finding a common denominator, rationalizing the fractions, then adding numerators, then simplifying).

What a stupid waste of time.

Last edited:
Contumacious makes good sense here.

Nonetheless, if the lady got pepper sprayed, she was creating a public disturbance. Just because one disagrees with how the police are performing their duties does not give said individual the right to cause a public disturbance.

Excuse me? How the fuck do people not have the right to create a public disturbance? Have you ever heard of the 1st Amendment?

People have the right to their say, but they do not have a right to create a public disturbance.

Go yell at a cop doing his job if you don't believe me.

I think it is hilarious that someone who claimed he worked in the food industry says we don't use fractions, and that teaching them is archaic.
This just made my whole day. Lol

Why don't you explain how fractions help you perceive the world. Me, I will continue to point out that teaching fractions is archaic and doesn't help students in the modern world. You might as well insist they learn how use a spear to hunt meat.

Why?

I completely agree: Fractions are almost entirely useless in a modern digital environment.

However, this is because of the WAY they are taught: Subtracting and adding fractions, for example (finding a common denominator, rationalizing the fractions, then adding numerators, then simplifying).

Remember that the next time you make a cake or cookies and want to double your recipe. I will remember that when I am at work and have to use fractions.
We are in a digital age, but one should still know how to add fractions.
And you and QW are kind of stupid for thinking one shouldn't.

And what does this have to do with homeschooling? Lol

Your inability to understand how mathematical concepts are involved in many aspects of our perception of the world we live in does not mean that anyone else is 'lying.'

It's not my job to help you understand a basic concept that any reasonably intelligent child could grasp.

I never said I don't understand them, I said they are useless and archaic.

You hope that I am joking that fractions are a waste of time? Why?

You hope that I am joking that fractions are a waste of time? Why?

Because then you are more stupid than I thought, and that would be sad.

Fractions helped me in life...still use them.

You are either a carpenter, stuck in a fantasy world where you plow with a horse, or lying.

I dare you to prove that teaching fractions in school helps kids when they grow up. Keep in mind that the most math 98% of people do is reading their credit card bill.

It's not my job to help you understand a basic concept that any reasonably intelligent child could grasp.

Your comments prove that you do not, in fact, understand the concept.

They are useless?
Oh! This keeps getting better and better.
I have to go. I can't handle this much stupidity right now. Lol

Why?

Nice to see someone with a bit of common sense.

Contumacious makes good sense here.

Nonetheless, if the lady got pepper sprayed, she was creating a public disturbance. Just because one disagrees with how the police are performing their duties does not give said individual the right to cause a public disturbance.

Excuse me? How the fuck do people not have the right to create a public disturbance? Have you ever heard of the 1st Amendment?

People have the right to their say, but they do not have a right to create a public disturbance.

Go yell at a cop doing his job if you don't believe me.

Yelling at a cop is not creating a public disturbance.

Why?

Remember that the next time you make a cake or cookies and want to double your recipe. I will remember that when I am at work and have to use fractions.

To double a recipe, multiply X 2

To Triple a recipe, multiply by 3.

:eusa_eh:

Are you actually adding fractions, like 1/2 + 1/3 + 1/5?

You go right ahead, hon, but I'll add 0.50 + 0.33 + 0.20 = 1.03

I dare you to prove that teaching fractions in school helps kids when they grow up. Keep in mind that the most math 98% of people do is reading their credit card bill.

Tell that to the baker, the accountant, statisticians, construction, architects, carpet layers, granite table top installers.

Shut the fuck up.

Why?

You do know that, even if you use English measures, doubling your recipe does not require you to use fractions, don't you? All it takes is measuring out the ingredients twice.

They are useless?
Oh! This keeps getting better and better.
I have to go. I can't handle this much stupidity right now. Lol

Useless.

I can guarantee that anything you think you need fractions for can be done without them.

Want to take it to the bullpen and see if you can prove me wrong?

Tell that to the baker, the accountant, statisticians, construction, architects, carpet layers, granite table top installers.

Shut the fuck up.

Accountants use fractions?

When? 1897?

All of which would absolutely love to abandon fractions, as much as they would 9/32 of an inch.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back