Is homeschooling a good solution?

....At most they might be grading a few papers with their feet up in front of the tv. Oooooh! Comparing a students answers to an answer key. ......

Wrong. Damn, you really are ignorant of all this for someone so eager to spout off.

Might produce good grades for some but the real world isn't at home with mom.

Home schooled kids do much better in college than others, so what's the downside?
Isolated weird kids that can't fit in.
If you're going to comment - could you at least know what you're talking about first instead of just making shit up to support an irrational ideology?!?

Homeschooled children are exponentially more socially adjust than public school misfits. They are more active in their community, church, and politics than public school students.

Do Homeschool Kids Really Rate Better on Standardized Tests?

15 Key Facts About Homeschooled Kids in College - OnlineCollege.org

Homeschool World - Articles - The Facts Are In: Homeschoolers Excel - Practical Homeschooling Magazine

HSLDA | Socialization: Homeschoolers Are in the Real World
When you aren't raised normally, you don't fit in. Going to school with other kids is what normal kids do. If you want a freak, keep them home pretending the real world is for others.

sure as long a discipline, structure, interaction with others are part of the cirriculum.
As long as a focus on the greater good - other.

Home schooled kids do much better in college than others, so what's the downside?
If you're going to comment - could you at least know what you're talking about first instead of just making shit up to support an irrational ideology?!?

Homeschooled children are exponentially more socially adjust than public school misfits. They are more active in their community, church, and politics than public school students.

Homeschool World - Articles - The Facts Are In: Homeschoolers Excel - Practical Homeschooling Magazine

When you aren't raised normally, you don't fit in. Going to school with other kids is what normal kids do. If you want a freak, keep them home pretending the real world is for others.

You're being as stupid in your way as he is in his.

That's an unfair generalization.
Nothing unfair about it. Not normal kids.

How the fuck do you know? You know every home schooled student in the country, their families, what social activities they participate, etc.? Stop being an idiot.

Just because a kid doesn't go to school doesn't mean he's a weirdo. And look, I agree that school i a great primer for life in the social interaction department. You learn how to deal with others, how not be bullied, etc. But, you can be normal without it. For many, many years kids didn't go to traditional schools.

I don't believe liberal parents should be forced to make their children attend conservative public schools in red states and vice versa.

Home schooling is great if you want to raise a child with no exposure to any other ideas than your own,

Most people do not have the capability to home school because their own education is lacking or it is not feasible because of work schedules, etc.

If you can do it, great! If not, don't try to use it as a dodge for mandatory attendance laws or you will just be raising another idiot dependent on social services.
And yet somehow homeschooled kids kick ass on virtually every measure. For the record I homeschooled my older son. All the homeschooled kids I ever met, even where their parents were hardly intellects, were polite and could interact well with adults.
How were they with kids? Oddballs I bet.
That's pretty much a homeschool myth.

How many people home school their kids and don't allow any social interactions with other children? The answer is almost certainly practically none.

I don't believe liberal parents should be forced to make their children attend conservative public schools in red states and vice versa.

Home schooling is great if you want to raise a child with no exposure to any other ideas than your own,

Most people do not have the capability to home school because their own education is lacking or it is not feasible because of work schedules, etc.

If you can do it, great! If not, don't try to use it as a dodge for mandatory attendance laws or you will just be raising another idiot dependent on social services.
And yet somehow homeschooled kids kick ass on virtually every measure. For the record I homeschooled my older son. All the homeschooled kids I ever met, even where their parents were hardly intellects, were polite and could interact well with adults.
I was once against homeschooling, but for the past two years we have homeschooled our daughter because of anxiety issues she had from being bullied. It has been a brilliant experience for her and us. Her anxiety is gone and she is going back to school next September for her final two years of secondary school.

How the fuck do you know? You know every home schooled student in the country, their families, what social activities they participate, etc.? Stop being an idiot.
I don't need to know them all to know they will be odd because of being raised oddly. Homeschoolers are mostly freaks themselves.

How were they with kids? Oddballs I bet.
That's pretty much a homeschool myth.

It's no more BS than those claiming that in general home schooled kids to better than public educated children do. BOTH rely on slanted studies and anecdotal evidence to support the writer's preformed opinion

I don't need to know them all to know they will be odd because of being raised oddly. Homeschoolers are mostly freaks themselves.

You're full of shit and talking out your ass. This is nothing but trolling from you.

You're full of shit and talking out your ass. This is nothing but trolling from you.
A child raised in a convent is a freak. A child who doesn't go to school with other kids, same thing.

A child raised in a convent is a freak. A child who doesn't go to school with other kids, same thing.

:fu: troll

Forum List

Back