Is homeschooling a good solution?

Having States be the check and balance for the Constitution rather than the Supreme court is to "throw the Constitution out."

:wtf:

What?

Yes, because that is what the Constitution provides.

Here's one, you said here Judicial review is in the Constitution

Those remedial reading classes are DEFINITELY in order. Please show the exact words I used.

So when you said "because that is what the Constitution provides," that doesn't mean it's in the Constitution.

Dude, pull down your dress, your twat is showing. You are pathetic.

Put me on ignore so I stop embarrassing you. Well, at least you won't know I'm embarrassing you ...

OK, it is time for you to admit that you are a special education student hijacking Mom's laptop!

This is what I said: "Having States be the check and balance for the Constitution rather than the Supreme court.." That is your post I was responding to when I said "Yes, because that is what the Constitution provides. "

My God, you have the reading comprehension skills of a third grader!
So when you said "because that is what the Constitution provides," that doesn't mean it's in the Constitution.

Dude, pull down your dress, your twat is showing. You are pathetic.

Then why can't you process and respond to direct points? Like that you are wrong that judicial review is in the Constitution. I even pointed you directly to where it is, their own ruling, Marbury v. Madison. You ignored that and didn't even look it up. You just repeated your lack of knowledge that it's not actually in the Constitution

If it were not Constitutional, why has it not been overturned by subsequent courts? You will also note I never claimed it was in the Constitution. Perhaps a trip back to a school near you for remedial reading classes is in order.

When I teach my class, I point out that judicial review is not in the Constitution and Marbury v. Madison originated the idea. Why? It is because it is the standards of what we are required to teach.

Without looking it up, I'll bet you have no idea who Marbury was!

Seriously? Why did the Supreme court go back and say never mind? We aren't the gate keepers for the Constitution?

You actually did say it was in the Constitution. If you're realized your error, just say that

Quote it and stop being an ass.

Already did, stop being an ass

No. You did not. You quoted what I said, but you failed to point out anything where I claimed it was not in the Constitution.

Well, Nancy, that's because I never said you said it's not in the Constitution. You said it IS in the Constitution

You're a fucking drag queen. Go fuck yourself, faggot

Given the topic, this thread has gone down some unexpectedly dark roads.

"pittance?" They hardly do any work. They have a 6 hour work day and they only work about 180 days out of the year. They get paid far more than they are worth, if you ask me.

Utterly ignorant. ^^^
That's not even remotely "utter ignorance" - it is 100% fact. We crunched the numbers for my children's school district and they work part time. Literally part time. Only 5 hours per day (which is absolutely laughable) and then they have 3 days at Thanksgiving, two weeks at Christmas, a week at Easter, plus a slew of days for stuff that nobody else in America gets time off for (like Presidents Day, Martin Luther King Jr. day, etc.), and of course, three months in summer. And yet the average salary in the district was a staggering $78,000 per year. And mind you - that may not sound much in some areas like New York City or California. But in this area, that is a TON of money. Who in the hell makes $78,000 for part time work?!? I know people who put in 60 hours per week and don't even come close to that kind of money.

You realize that all of that time off except for the few holidays are unpaid, and no one has 3 months in the summer. Last year, we had slightly over two months with a nice required training scheduled in July. Only 5 hours per day? I work 7:30 to 3:00. I get to school at 6:45 am and often work until 4 or 5 pm. That's more than 5 hours, unless you flunked math.

Send me the info on this district and I will be gald to destroy your fantasy.

Are you attempting to convince us that we should feel sorry for teachers?

Do they NOT know from their first day of college what the pay scale is for teachers where they want to teach, what the hours are, what the benefits are, etc., etc., etc? If they do NOT, are they really qualified to teach school?

Not sorry, but stop spreading the bullshit! Critics of education simply make shit up to justify their criticisms.

What BS am I spreading? What did I post which is not 100% true? What did I make up?

Utterly ignorant. ^^^
That's not even remotely "utter ignorance" - it is 100% fact. We crunched the numbers for my children's school district and they work part time. Literally part time. Only 5 hours per day (which is absolutely laughable) and then they have 3 days at Thanksgiving, two weeks at Christmas, a week at Easter, plus a slew of days for stuff that nobody else in America gets time off for (like Presidents Day, Martin Luther King Jr. day, etc.), and of course, three months in summer. And yet the average salary in the district was a staggering $78,000 per year. And mind you - that may not sound much in some areas like New York City or California. But in this area, that is a TON of money. Who in the hell makes $78,000 for part time work?!? I know people who put in 60 hours per week and don't even come close to that kind of money.

You realize that all of that time off except for the few holidays are unpaid, and no one has 3 months in the summer. Last year, we had slightly over two months with a nice required training scheduled in July. Only 5 hours per day? I work 7:30 to 3:00. I get to school at 6:45 am and often work until 4 or 5 pm. That's more than 5 hours, unless you flunked math.

Do they NOT know from their first day of college what the pay scale is for teachers where they want to teach, what the hours are, what the benefits are, etc., etc., etc? If they do NOT, are they really qualified to teach school?

Not sorry, but stop spreading the bullshit! Critics of education simply make shit up to justify their criticisms.

What BS am I spreading? What did I post which is not 100% true? What did I make up?

Your post is a gross oversimplification, overloaded with generalizations. For example, what about school districts and states that simply dropped tenure for teachers who were qualified? How would they know that?

"pittance?" They hardly do any work. They have a 6 hour work day and they only work about 180 days out of the year. They get paid far more than they are worth, if you ask me.

Utterly ignorant. ^^^
I know of no teacher that only works during office hours. If they do, they're not a good teacher.
And I know of no people in the private sector (at least in the corporate world - might be different in the blue collar world, I don't really know) that only work office hours. What is your point?

Those teachers are still putting in anywhere from 50% to 75% less hours than the average American and making around 40% to 45% more money. It's so absurd there is no way to articulate it.

And for the record - their job is to teach and the students are not available to them after school hours. Which means they are not doing their core job after office hours. At most they might be grading a few papers with their feet up in front of the tv. Oooooh! Comparing a students answers to an answer key. And hell, their spouses and their children help with that most of the time anyway. Bottom line - it's the ultimate cush job. And I'm ok with that. I really am. But stop screwing the tax payer with these exorbitant salaries, healthcare plans, and retirement pensions. Pay them $35,000 year (more than fair for part time work), give them a good healthcare plan (not cadillac) and a good pension (again - not cadillac) and then sell them on the fact that they not only have job security, excellent benefits, but that they also get an extreme amount of personal time and vacation time. That is a FAIR total compensation package. I'm sick of these left-wing unions wanting their cake and eating it to. They want employees to make six-figures a year and work less than part time. Sorry, but that's not how the real world works.

I wish you would shadow a teacher for just one day and then you would realize how utterly stupid you are!

I make about $52,000 a year with 18 years service. I teach 130 students per day, which means about 260 pieces of paper that have to be graded and entered into a computer. I grade each paper, with no answer key because you cannot do that with math. English teachers have to read 10 essays each time they assign one. i work a minimum of 8 full hours day minimum, but usually about 10 hours per day, and then for about 4-6 hours on the weekend. Part-time? You have no clue.

I pay for my own retirement out of that $52,000 dollars, so I have no idea what Cadillac you are talking about. I pay a portion of my healthcare plan and would pay even more if my family was on it. Now, what other benefits are you talking about because I don't get any?

I just wish idiots like you would educate yourself or just shut up!

Are you telling us you were hoodwinked into a major in the easiest school in any university, education? Were you unaware of the pay scale, hours, and rewards when you entered school?

It appears that you earn about $30.00 an hour for the 10 months you work. Fairly decent. What is your problem?

Public schools aren't *quality*.

That's a generalization. There are some good public schools.

Actually it's not the schools that are better, it's the parents that are better. In upscale neighborhoods the parents are educated professionals who are motivated for their children to learn. Most of what children learn is taught by their parents. Schools simply put a rubber stamp on it.
That's simply not true. There are plenty of good parents in the zip codes with struggling schools. The problems are many and not easily boiled down to bumper stickers. Schools are underfunded, racially segregated (Which still happens, see Lincoln parish in Louisiana that was forced to desegregate in 2015), or the cost of living is high enough that both parents work multiple jobs.

I think though we can both agree that having a failing public school is simply unacceptable. I think a lot of the rancor stems from the idea of how you fix it.

The sad fact is public schools will continue to struggle as long as teachers' unions continue to have a stranglehold on the purse strings, regardless of whether the federal government is involved or not.

Really? What about the states where there are no teacher's unions? I'll bet you didn't even know they existed. I guess they must really be tearing up the record books since the lack of unions is the key to a good education! Wait! No. They aren't? Why not?

Please provide us with a list, from a reliable source and link where there are no teachers unions in the state.

Your post is a gross oversimplification, overloaded with generalizations. For example, what about school districts and states that simply dropped tenure for teachers who were qualified? How would they know that?

Tenure should be dropped in all school districts and states. An archaic system encouraging lethargy.

You also did not tell us what BS I am spreading, what I posted which is not 100% true and what I made up.

Then explain why these same kids do much better when they get a voucher and go to a private school?

They don't! Many studies have proven that there is no significant difference in student performance.

Bullshit propaganda studies, you mean.

Not quite. I have a master's degree in this topic.

How about you? GED? HS diploma?

You have a vested interest in propagating the government school monopoly, so anything you claim can be automatically discounted. You can't use yourself as some kind of authority.

I have done no such thing. I simply disagree with all of the false information that is being used to denigrate my profession. Perhaps you can link to where I said anything of the sort.

My own grandchild is being home schooled.

I believe you are confused. At least my intent is not to denigrate your profession, I also teach part time. My intent is to denigrate the system in which you work.

".. the overall quality of education in the state has improved slightly over the past few years, according to a pair of new reports.
"Education Week’s 2016 Quality Counts report, which measures on overall educational quality, had Wisconsin’s score increasing from 78.9 in 2015 (a C+) to 79.8 (a B-). The state ranked 11th out of the 50 states and the District of Columbia, according to the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.
"Wisconsin also tied for first with Minnesota among Midwestern states."

"While Laning’s statement seemed to suggest that Walker has left the schools all but penniless and unable to function normally, that’s hardly the case.
"Wisconsin ranked 22nd, and slightly above the national average, in per-pupil spending, according to the Education Week report. And that amount of money was seemingly enough to provide quality instruction for most students.
“On academic achievement, the state ranked above the nation in most areas,” the Journal Sentinel observed, based on the Education Week report.
"Wisconsin also improved its score and remained tied for third in the nation in the K-12 graduation rate, according to PoltiFact Wisconsin.
"The state has a graduation rate of 88.6 percent in 2013-14, which is apparently the last school year measured by federal officials. In 2012-13 that figure was 88.0 percent."

Ouch.

The truth stings lying progressive moonbats.

Report shows Wisconsin schools doing more with less | EAGnews.org
Is Donald Trump right about what Gov. Scott Walker did to Wisconsin schools?

Wisconsin is falling in terms of student to teacher ratios as the article above points out. That's due to budget cuts and teacher shortages.

And many of those budget shortcomings are due to teachers unions EVERY time a schools receives $5 in new funding there are the teachers right there, wanting $4 of that applied to teachers' salaries.

Really? What "new funding"?

We had a 1% raise for the first time in a decade last year. This year we got 2%. We have not had any new textbooks since 2011. My laptop is a dinosaur.

Remind me again how good we have it?

Simple, go into another line of work. My experience has been that teachers do well in real estate. Easily you could earn two to three times what you make today after a couple of years. Of course, you are working on commission so you have to produce or "die" so to speak. Most aren't willing to do what is necessary to be successful and most cannot handle the uncertainty and erratic income, but the rewards are great!

".. the overall quality of education in the state has improved slightly over the past few years, according to a pair of new reports.
"Education Week’s 2016 Quality Counts report, which measures on overall educational quality, had Wisconsin’s score increasing from 78.9 in 2015 (a C+) to 79.8 (a B-). The state ranked 11th out of the 50 states and the District of Columbia, according to the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.

"While Laning’s statement seemed to suggest that Walker has left the schools all but penniless and unable to function normally, that’s hardly the case.
"Wisconsin ranked 22nd, and slightly above the national average, in per-pupil spending, according to the Education Week report. And that amount of money was seemingly enough to provide quality instruction for most students.
“On academic achievement, the state ranked above the nation in most areas,” the Journal Sentinel observed, based on the Education Week report.
"Wisconsin also improved its score and remained tied for third in the nation in the K-12 graduation rate, according to PoltiFact Wisconsin.
"The state has a graduation rate of 88.6 percent in 2013-14, which is apparently the last school year measured by federal officials. In 2012-13 that figure was 88.0 percent."

Ouch.

Wisconsin is falling in terms of student to teacher ratios as the article above points out. That's due to budget cuts and teacher shortages.

And many of those budget shortcomings are due to teachers unions EVERY time a schools receives $5 in new funding there are the teachers right there, wanting $4 of that applied to teachers' salaries.

We had a 1% raise for the first time in a decade last year. This year we got 2%. We have not had any new textbooks since 2011. My laptop is a dinosaur.

Simple, go into another line of work. My experience has been that teachers do well in real estate. Easily you could earn two to three times what you make today after a couple of years. Of course, you are working on commission so you have to produce or "die" so to speak. Most aren't willing to do what is necessary to be successful and most cannot handle the uncertainty and erratic income, but the rewards are great!

Some people don't want to live their life like that, worrying about whether their money is going to come or not.

Generally those who like working on commission see that they can earn more and more and more, but it's a life style choice.

I prefer the rewards of relaxing in my free time, and enjoying my free time, to having loads of money.

They don't teach engineering in middle school, dumbass.

I was gonna say, as a one-time aspiring engineering student in college, I remember the math requirements being fairly stringent. Not sure how'd one get their by age what, 13?
It's stuff like Snap, Javascript, some kind of really basic CAD type system but it imparts the basics and creates the passion.
Last I heard, computer science was considered an engineering discipline. It's not doing circuit analysis or stress analysis though (obviously).

You heard wrong. Computer science is an entirely separate department.

That's odd. While i was a computer science major in college all of my classes were part of the School of Engineering.

Man. you never cease to amaze me at the stuff you don't know!

Like I said, you chose to teach over a more difficult profession in computer programming which would pay you two to three times, at least, what you whine about today.

I was gonna say, as a one-time aspiring engineering student in college, I remember the math requirements being fairly stringent. Not sure how'd one get their by age what, 13?
It's stuff like Snap, Javascript, some kind of really basic CAD type system but it imparts the basics and creates the passion.
Last I heard, computer science was considered an engineering discipline. It's not doing circuit analysis or stress analysis though (obviously).

You heard wrong. Computer science is an entirely separate department.

That's odd. While i was a computer science major in college all of my classes were part of the School of Engineering.

Man. you never cease to amaze me at the stuff you don't know!

Like I said, you chose to teach over a more difficult profession in computer programming which would pay you two to three times, at least, what you whine about today.

Teaching isn't necessarily easy either. Computer programming might be more specialized and it might be harder to find people who are able to do the job, but being able to teach is one thing, being able to do it well is something else.

.... a major in the easiest school in any university, education? .....

Really? How exactly do you know that?

They have the lowest entry requirements and their required courses not exactly the most difficult.
This is just wrong. Look into the degree plans for education majors at any 4 year institution. The degree plan is a nightmarishly full 4 year program with no room for error. Worse, it's almost always that way because of State requirements. Education is a fairly tough major to complete in four years.

Ouch.

Some people don't want to live their life like that, worrying about whether their money is going to come or not.

Generally those who like working on commission see that they can earn more and more and more, but it's a life style choice.

I prefer the rewards of relaxing in my free time, and enjoying my free time, to having loads of money.

People who work on commission must have an immense amount of self-confidence that they are better than 95% of their competition. Few REALLY believe they are that good. I have been a Realtor in Florida for over 40 years and am mostly retired. Lots of hours but I LOVE what I do. I also got to pick and choose my days off, my vacation time and, many times, was able to combine work and pleasure. In my opinion, I had the best of both worlds. Exciting, stimulating work every day and my choice of leisure time and great vacations. But, you're right, I was eager to take that chance and not allow anyone else to decide what I am worth.

People who work on commission must have an immense amount of self-confidence that they are better than 95% of their competition. Few REALLY believe they are that good. I have been a Realtor in Florida for over 40 years and am mostly retired. Lots of hours but I LOVE what I do. I also got to pick and choose my days off, my vacation time and, many times, was able to combine work and pleasure. In my opinion, I had the best of both worlds. Exciting, stimulating work every day and my choice of leisure time and great vacations. But, you're right, I was eager to take that chance and not allow anyone else to decide what I am worth.

And I did a sales job for two weeks and quit. I wasn't interested in lying to people, or withholding information, or being sneaky in order to make money, so I quit.

I'm just not that type of person, it wouldn't have made me happy at all.

People are different.

Forum List

Back